Can we get an estimated release date for new content?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#41 ss_rulen

ss_rulen
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 00:14

Maybe with the new content we could perhaps release the first new potions in the special section? Even if its just intensifier.

#42 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 20:17

Any chance we can get a... "We hope to have new content on the 3rd, 4th, 5th" or whenever it is you hope to add it..

I am sure this info would be appreciated.. thanks!

#43 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 20:29

Yes an ETA would be useful as myself and many others are most likely manipulating their energy trying to anticipate the release.

Thank you..

#44 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 January 2009 - 21:09

delete

#45 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2009 - 22:11

Yes an ETA would be useful as myself and many others are most likely manipulating their energy trying to anticipate the release.

Thank you..

Class: Clone Gender: Male
Level: 44 XP: 843,642
Energy: 18,353 / 18,500

Looks like mine could use somemore manipulating :mrgreen:

Rofl. and i thought i was going strong at 8400... nice. when content does come out you should be able to get levels forever..

#46 ss_capricasix

ss_capricasix
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:30

Really need some new content, so we can get out of the way of the lower level guys in the elite areas ;)

#47 ss_quietstorm

ss_quietstorm
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:00

I know Hoof has said that he doesnt want to release to early and the release be buggy. I can understand that.

But for everyone who are cooling their heels in lvl 39, getting 4exp per kill (not even making enough coin to repair equipment), it is getting very frustrating.

If HCS is reading this, please bare in mind, that most of your high level players are the supporters of the game. The high levels play every day. But when there is no new content for them to play.. they get bored. The they get frustrated. Then they irritated. And then they find a new game to support. And they leave this one.

That leaves the game played by non supporters.. who play for free. Which in turn doesnt pay the bills at HCS.

Please, at least, give us a release date to look forward to.

Quietstorm
Sigma Storm - the Original
Sigma Storm II

#48 ss_rulen

ss_rulen
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:17

From what I've heard on chat Hoof Said that he wants to try and release it on the 5th.

#49 ss_quietstorm

ss_quietstorm
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 17:36

From what I've heard on chat Hoof Said that he wants to try and release it on the 5th.

Oh sure there are rumors that say the 5th, but if HCS would go ahead and make an official statement "Update being released XXXXXXX" - it would do alot for game morale.

I am not impugning anyone. I am jut saying that rumors aren't worth anything. But a statement on the game home page or on the forums, would raise game morale.

I like the game. I dont want to see it go away. But if the supporters leave.. then business is business, and attemtion moves on to more lucritive games.

So from a business standpoint, it is in HCS's best interests (financial) to give the supporters a date for release.

#50 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 18:22

Oh sure there are rumors that say the 5th, but if HCS would go ahead and make an official statement "Update being released XXXXXXX" - it would do alot for game morale.

I am not impugning anyone. I am jut saying that rumors aren't worth anything. But a statement on the game home page or on the forums, would raise game morale.

I like the game. I dont want to see it go away. But if the supporters leave.. then business is business, and attemtion moves on to more lucritive games.

So from a business standpoint, it is in HCS's best interests (financial) to give the supporters a date for release.

Well I have to agree. Anything at this point would be upbeat...

I have been resisting posting too often regarding this issue.

I can deal very nicely with waiting for quality content updates. I have been in the top 20 xp players in FS for 6 months and have waited through entire months between updates. But at least in that game it is established with lots to do, using your stamina.

In SS, there are already 100s if not a thousand at the end of content. There is very little to do to spend your accumulating energy on. One HK and two elites, as well as two PvP areas. Do these make up for a lack of content? HARDLY! Is the answer to continue upgrading max energy? Not any more...

I have been a loyal supporter of HCS games in the past because of their quality and entertainment value. Unfortunately it seems the cows have gone out to pasture on this game. Sad too because of the potential for an FS/SS2 player base. Looks like an early demise. I will never start a game at "ground zero" again.

Please someone at HCS prove me wrong! I would love to be corrected on this point.

My two :(

#51 ss_supmet

ss_supmet
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 19:09

PLEASE release whatever you have. I can't imagine how many people have already quit.

#52 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 19:14

I would be happy to take a refund of what I have donated to this game and have them delete my account.

Shame that will never happen, now im stuck in a game where I feel I am only playing for the sole reason that I dont want my hard earned money to be wasted.

I should be playing this game because its fun, and something to do with my time, not because If I quit, I will feel like I have been ripped off.

#53 ss_vigali

ss_vigali
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 19:15

I would be happy to take a refund of what I have donated to this game and have them delete my account.

Shame that will never happen, now im stuck in a game where I feel I am only playing for the sole reason that I dont want my hard earned money to be wasted.

I should be playing this game because its fun, and something to do with my time, not because If I quit, I will feel like I have been ripped off.

QFT.

And I've only been content capped for a week. I don't know what it must be like to have been capped for 2 weeks now.

#54 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 19:26

We can but hope the amount of content added soon is many, many levels.

If not, I fear we will be happy for maybe 1 week again, then spend another week or two waiting for even more content.

Sure, we will be happy when we get the "This is a content update" message on the homepage, but for how long? and with hardly any attention/replies made on the forum by the staff, it does not re-assure me in the slightest.

#55 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 19:29

you know things are bad when the biggest energy sink in the lvl 39 area is the local comm. ROFL. at least it is the most enjoyable part of lvl 39 at the moment.

#56 ss_quietstorm

ss_quietstorm
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 19:51

This is a very good point. A game should be fun. And currently sitting in lvl 39 making less and less exp as we grow - is not fun.

AND if HCS is reading, think about this. There are irritated and frustrated feelings about This game and HCS.

Is this the type of reputation a game company wants? The reputation that is ' once they get you roped into a game, they screw you over.' Because I will be honest, this is not the first game HCS has put out and then let languish while the players clamour for content.

Gamers talk to other gamers. And pretty soon HCS will get that reputation and then HCS will be hard pressed to get rid of it.

It would behoove (Ha! I made a pun) the Cows to release a date - if not the update.

#57 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 21:41

QFT.

And I've only been content capped for a week. I don't know what it must be like to have been capped for 2 weeks now.

If you spend $60 on a new PS3 game, and beat it in a week, you may never touch it again. The store won't pay you at cost value of the game you purchased after you open it. Therefore you are most likely going to keep it. You may not play it now, but a month from now you pop it back in the console and play it though again.

Just because you donated to the game doesn't mean you lost your money, you would have done other things with your money. Money only lasts so long, and you can't take it with you.

Spending money here, taking a month off and coming back to play later isn't anything bad for the money you spent too. If you aren't having fun, maybe a break is a good idea. That way when you come back you'll have content. No need to be grumpy about it.

I'd rather have a good content release, then one filled to the neck with bugs, or faulty portals/staircases. I'd also like for level requirements on passages to be appropriately set, unlike the door to the narrow passage, which SHOULD have been set to level 35, opposed to level 34 which is what they set it to.

#58 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 22:21

I'd also like for level requirements on passages to be appropriately set, unlike the door to the narrow passage, which SHOULD have been set to level 35, opposed to level 34 which is what they set it to.

that wasn't intentional? ...I thought for sure that was done on purpose to eat up our energy

Posted Image

#59 ss_conquerer7

ss_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 23:26

I wonder if they actually have a lot of content prepared, and they just release it when they need to. Once we got to level 30 and they released 30-35, everybody complained '**** ****** *********** ***** ******* wiejowig3 3!@#$ only 5 levels!!?!?!!?!!!?!?!?!!111'.

And a few hours later, they released the next five levels. If nobody complained, would they have released it or would they have waited until people hit the 35 mark and started complaining again to release it? Maybe HCS wants to have some padding, to have a few levels of content ahead of what's released ready for shipment just in case. But people are complaining so hard that probably will never happen.

#60 ss_vigali

ss_vigali
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2009 - 23:36

If you spend $60 on a new PS3 game, and beat it in a week, you may never touch it again. The store won't pay you at cost value of the game you purchased after you open it. Therefore you are most likely going to keep it. You may not play it now, but a month from now you pop it back in the console and play it though again.

Just because you donated to the game doesn't mean you lost your money, you would have done other things with your money. Money only lasts so long, and you can't take it with you.

Spending money here, taking a month off and coming back to play later isn't anything bad for the money you spent too. If you aren't having fun, maybe a break is a good idea. That way when you come back you'll have content. No need to be grumpy about it.

I'd rather have a good content release, then one filled to the neck with bugs, or faulty portals/staircases. I'd also like for level requirements on passages to be appropriately set, unlike the door to the narrow passage, which SHOULD have been set to level 35, opposed to level 34 which is what they set it to.

If I spend $60 on a new PS3 game, I can re-play it whenever I want from the beginning. I can do whatever I want with it. I can loan it to a friend, I can trade it to a friend for a new game, or I can sell it back to GameStop for 20 bucks. In this game, I can do NONE of those things.

Further, when I buy a new PS3 game, I understand all of the circumstances surrounding that game. I know that when I beat it, it's over. This is not a PS3 game. This is an MMO that is supposed to continually grow, and give me new content. They are not living up to the "new content" part of the bargain.

Honestly, neither your examples nor your excuses for HCS fit anything in this situation. They have failed to provide a content update for over 2 weeks. Everyone that ACTUALLY donates and puts money in their pockets are the ones who are suffering. There is no excuse for this. This it not a "we want it to be bug-free" issue. If you think that's the truth, then you've obviously never worked in IT. That's what IT companies tell you when they're either 1) way behind, 2) lazy or 3) just don't care. Every time my company misses a release date, you can be guaranteed that the announcement says, "We will be pushing back the latest software release in order to provide you, the customer, with the highest quality product possible."

It's absolute BS. All it means is that it's not done, it's not going to be done soon, and they're going to blow smoke up your ass as long as you let them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: