217 replies to this topic

#41 joejim

joejim

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:35

if the energy use for walking was gone i would gladly join them again

if no energy was used to walk why have random respawns?

#42 ss_bait

ss_bait
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:53

Dont do this, its not fair......ill quit the game if this happens. 1 of the most good thing of th game is this..... so not fun.

#43 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2010 - 18:57

Dont do this, its not fair......ill quit the game if this happens. 1 of the most good thing of the game is this..... so not fun.

i wonder what he was talking about - voicing a real opinion will gain more results...

and i think likely a credit gain buff may come - very likely on the TH special section

Have you hugged a cow today?

#44 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:01

Dont do this, its not fair......ill quit the game if this happens. 1 of the most good thing of the game is this..... so not fun.

i wonder what he was talking about - voicing a real opinion will gain more results...

and i think likely a credit gain buff may come - very likely on the TH special section

Have you hugged a cow today?

I have to assume he was talking about the nerfing of the INT stims but it's hard to tell. I do think they have changed something that benefited ALL players in order to be able to provide something that will benefit a small number of players later. Not good imo. Should have left INT through 150 alone and allowed an accelerator 200-300 type stim that ONLY upped xp or 6x xp and 2x everything else or whatever.

You should include an in-game poll on this BG. Point them to a detailed explanation in forum of the alternatives. I think the players that don't have massive energy reserves and don't come to forum are likely to be damaged by this change and show up in that poll....

#45 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:02

This is by far the dumbest idea ever. Congrats on ruining the game, you guys are simply amazing!
3 cheers for HCS!

#46 ss_fenix13

ss_fenix13
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:09

I find that the easiest solution would be return Intensifier to it's original state, affects creds and EXP but only available with a max level of 150 (200 if you still have your pumpkin). And add the accelerator stim at levels 300 and 500. This would allow all the people with low max energy and low budgets to still get the credits needed to make items for quests and it would allow those who have high max energy and don't care how much they make in a hunt to hunt (and level) much faster.

#47 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:14

The accelerator stim I thought was coming out (blueprint) leaving current INT stims seemed a good idea. Making the drop come from a high level, difficult "beastie" does the OPPOSITE of creating a low-to-high trading platform. That is horribly lacking in this game and would MUCH rather see it come in that direction.

I liked the Accelerator Stim too. The coders were not fans of two skills that are near identical, plus there was the coding issue of which buff would take precedence. Maybe if enough players ask for the planned accelerator, I can change their minds?

As for the beasty, there's no reason it should come from a high level critter. We could have it across multiple levels perhaps?

As for the precedence - it seems easy since accelerator should only exist at higher levels than INT. Higher level activation takes precedence.

As for the HK style stats - It was talked about as having higher stats than the level 300 HK. How that isn't a high-level mob I don't understand. I think the stims should come from normal or Champ mobs at a low (< level 25) mob to encourage low-to-high level merchanting.

I also repeat what I've been saying for a LONG time about MS with higher level skill power multipliers - it REALLY changes the dynamics of HK and Elite hunting when combined with MS. It boxes devs in.

#48 scamz

scamz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:15

I say bring the credit multiplier back to intensifier. That is what makes the skill what it is....a multiplier. It multiplies the experience gained, the skill points gained, and the credits gained. Taking away the credit multiplier is actually detrimental to the skill itself. It worked just fine as it was. My father once told me 'if it ain't broke, why break it?'

#49 WilkinsS

WilkinsS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:48

I say bring the credit multiplier back to intensifier. That is what makes the skill what it is....a multiplier. It multiplies the experience gained, the skill points gained, and the credits gained. Taking away the credit multiplier is actually detrimental to the skill itself. It worked just fine as it was. My father once told me 'if it ain't broke, why break it?'

+1

#50 ss_ordermaker

ss_ordermaker
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 20:09

Sorry, but I have to vote negative on this change. It would have been wiser and better to let the old intensifier mods stay as they were and, since you plan on introducing new stims anyway, why not make something like a "stim bazaar" , just like the potion bazaar in Fallen Sword? Where you might get lucky and get super stims at bargain prices. Bargain being relative here anyways, of course, since you will be able to have credits to spend anyway.
The potion bazaar has been a gold sink for me anyway the last few months, and so for a lot of my fellow guild mates over there, so why not put something like that over here in Sigma?
In the meantime, just rewind and undo this change. It doesn't do any good.

#51 ss_ordermaker

ss_ordermaker
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 20:13

Since I'm on the subject of a stim bazaar anyway, and you're talking about high level stims, why not put level 350 stims in the bazaar, just like in FS?
Of course the credit cost would have to be proportional to the stim as well, but I would certainly be one to dish out the credits if I were to have a shot at getting a MF 350, or a MK4, or 5 intensifier, or maybe even some form of wither 350 stim, for when you have to deal with the pesky elites.
Just a few ideas. Anybody can add a few more if they have ideas.

#52 Vladimir00

Vladimir00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 20:30

I'm wondering how this change will affect faction banks. Since players won't be making as many credits from hunting, they won't be making as many deposits and also won't be bringing in nearly as much in terms of taxes. Will this make it difficult for some factions to maintain all of their structures (smaller or less active factions in particular)?

I don't run a faction, so I'm not really sure how easy it has been to maintain a stable faction bank up to this point. Could someone fill me in on this?

#53 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:00

I don't run a faction, so I'm not really sure how easy it has been to maintain a stable faction bank up to this point. Could someone fill me in on this?

10,600 CR per hour at full upgrades ;)

#54 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:02

I'm wondering how this change will affect faction banks. Since players won't be making as many credits from hunting, they won't be making as many deposits and also won't be bringing in nearly as much in terms of taxes. Will this make it difficult for some factions to maintain all of their structures (smaller or less active factions in particular)?

up to this point factions have upgraded structures because we were able to afford it - i know with 50%-75% less credits generated structure upkeep is going to hurt abit - i am blessed that i did not buy that expensive cost upgrade last week... have to watch and see to be sure... i think my faction (and the other top10) can absorb this fairly easily - the smaller factions are really going to hurt tho

I am confident that if we provide logical, systematic feedback to the cows that further changes will be made (possibility of a credit gain stim maybe) - for now it is watch and see

#55 WilkinsS

WilkinsS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:12

I am confident that if we provide logical, systematic feedback to the cows that further changes will be made (possibility of a credit gain stim maybe) - for now it is watch and see

hopefully they just undo the whole update and make the skills/stim separate not even going to attempt a hunt with the new intensifier :/

#56 jlrc08

jlrc08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:21

This is like supersizing your fries only to get a half full container.

#57 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:39

what about the guilds whom yesterday were able to afford thier structures and today will no longer be able to afford them

There should be more than enough creds coming from the Entity kills to sustain the structures. We shall watch for feedback however. If the structures costs are a touch high, we may need to tweak them down.

I seriously doubt it. This will have a major, and not obviously productive, effect on many aspects of the game economy. So many that I really wonder how this big a change could happen without any request for discussion on the game news (or was I just blind).

As an example, it now costs about 27 kills to be able to buy a repair kit, yet typically I find I can only go 35-40 kills before having to use it. That means that now about 3/4 of my credits would go in repair bots whereas before it was 25%. That would hardly leave enough income for quests etc. So the net effect is that because a few people were requesting stronger intensifier (presumably a side effect of all that nice content you have been adding recently), some of us can no longer afford to use one of the most important updates you made for the game (repair kits) - and will have to go back to wasting huge amounts of energy and time traipsing back to the repair centres all the time.

And to those who say you can hunt without intensifier - I can only presume they have very fast internet connections. Mine is quite good, but SS is consistently slow and I often (with intensifer x 3) only manage to use about 2500 energy in one set of buffs. Without intensifer that would mean I'd start wasting 20% of my energy on buffs ... and then there would be the energy wasted walking to and from the repair centres every 40 kills because I could no longer afford to buy repair kits.

All in all, not a good deal, and not what I would call a game improvement

#58 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:53

I'm not convinced (yet?) that this is a good thing. A higher level Intensifier would definitely be great and as such I could also imagine that that one doesn't get extra gold, but I don't think this should apply to existing Intensifier levels. The amount of credits earned until now is not that great. Sure, a high level player with 3-5k (or more) makes 200-400k credits. But then subtract the costs of being able to do this like stims from the hub (at least 45k), the actual MK3 stim (unless free from the faction), a stack of repair bots a 100k, and paying for missions. Then doing a faction deposit/getting stims for the faction. That doesn't leave a lot of profit, if at all.
Now imagine lower level players who even make a lot less already!
I think it would be nice to provide the option...either a higher level Int for extra xp and less gold or a lower level (max MK3) for current xp and extra gold.

...and I like the idea of a higher level one having to be invented from a blueprint, just be very careful with restricting it to SF or keep a very strict eye on exploitation.

#59 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 21:58

The point of changing Intensifier was when suggesting higher lvls of the skill (x6 or above) so it would only affect energy expense and XP gain, not the rest of the skill. Why? Because not everyone can play for 2-3 hours to spend all their energy every day, yet WE wanted to progress at a similar rate like those who can play more on a regular basis.
However by removing credit multiplier now the game's economy broke: Repair bots, faction upkeeps and mission item assembly / blueprints are harder to complete.
Add in the random miss chance and almost all classes save Purists die after missing with some durability equipment damage. When this death takes away the now hard earned credits, other aspects of the game gain more importance: credit gain upgrade and loyalty repair bots.
It's a nasty way to get players to either buy FC or log in every day and save points to purchase regular items to play the game.
Please reconsider the Intensifier effects and introduce an Accelerator stim or something like that.

#60 ss_baddream

ss_baddream
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 22:04

OK this stinks. I just did a 2000 energy hunt with INT 125. I made a whole 25,000. Barely enough for repairs, meds, assembly cost, etc. I was getting under 100 gold per kill (at lvl 154) so faction taxes was maybe 5,000. At 10k/hr structure upkeep my faction would need 47 other players to hunt at lvl 154 or higher just to cover upkeep! Yeah thats going to happen ....

Heres your solution .......... Leave the intensifier buffs as they were! Make the high lvl INT cost alot, therefore balancing out the credit gain and give us back our credits or I am going cow tipping tonight.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: