#41 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:27

they left without any definitive word.... I smell a PD prank....

at least it better be what I smell...

#42 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:31

better not be a prank. people are not in the mood at this point.

#43 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:32

Gone home for the day? Are you kidding me? Looks blankly.... I really have no idea how to respond. Shakes head in wonder... Not a very positive gesture. Thank you phuriedae for giving us some information.

#44 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:39

I'm not the star prankster around here ;)

And no, sorry, no joke on my part!
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

#45 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:45

thanks for the update.

#46 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:57

This is just..... sad at best.... it appears no new content today or for the weekend..... more disappointment generated for sure... that's just bad business...

#47 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:02

It appears that the Sigma office has gone home for the day. I obviously can't give you an absolutely iron clad "yes" or "no" but I would say no, it looks like content will not be out today. Sorry for the disappointment.

Big Grim often checks up on all the forums after hours or at the weekend so you may still get a more accurate response from him.

Thanks again for your efforts to inform us PD.

#48 lexrodiron

lexrodiron

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:04

at least it better be what I smell...

More likely you're smelling what comes out the back end of Bagavonds forum signature. Very disappointing HCS.

#49 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:20

I have to be honest. I have been patient. Yes I have voiced my opinion on occasion. I feel like we the players have been outright lied to. We get so many excuses of why content is not being released. Empty promises of it will be out next week only to find that the next week turns in to more next weeks. Frankly I have had a gut full of the crap we have been feed. I will be traveling next week and will miss the new content IF (and that is a big IF) content is released. I will rethink my feeling towards the game but as of now, I am thinking very strongly of retiring from the game. Time will tell if my feeling will change. I have donated a large sum of money to this game and I honestly feel like I have been ripped off. Not one more dime will be donated to HCS. EVER!

#50 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:25

The big problem for me with the scenario is that promises are made and I plan my energy accordingly. When the promises are broke it messes up my planning efforts.... which is extremely frustrating. I haven't hunted in like 10 days because I have been saving up energy for content that never came.

#51 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:26

It appears that the Sigma office has gone home for the day. I obviously can't give you an absolutely iron clad "yes" or "no" but I would say no, it looks like content will not be out today. Sorry for the disappointment.

Big Grim often checks up on all the forums after hours or at the weekend so you may still get a more accurate response from him.

Phurie knows this isn't addressed at her but...

Damn. I wish I got to leave early when I was weeks behind on projects....

Something needs to give. Unfortunately atm it's players leaving. I, and many others, know Phurie isn't even involved in SS2 but she had to come in and give information that cows should have given long ago. Actually, it's info that shouldn't have to be given (there should be content instead). I'll shout into the empty room again. TALK TO US. I don't really care which of the people assigned to SS2 come in here but someone should be letting us know about progress and lack thereof. Sure, some snippy players attack the messenger. But the vast majority of players actually respond positively to news - good or bad. The players get up in arms when no information is given for weeks on end and no content comes out over the same period. Not to separate paying players from non-paying players, but I hope the cows understand it can make paying players feel like they're being taken advantage of.

To be very clear - Thank you Phurie for coming in and giving us news (yeah, it's bad but you did it). Shame on (unnamed and not directed at any one in particular) whoever should have but hasn't delivered and can't come in here and give us an update. It's not like it's a surprise. A blind heifer can figure out that 2-3 weeks after content people start peeking to see if it's coming. As we get to 4 weeks (this content appears to be 4 weeks from last now) people get very upset and we see departures from the game.

#52 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:36

Listen folks, it is time some of us to accepted reality. It does not matter what we do or say. Six months from today, there will be only about 40 or 50 at the most, new levels of content. We can either accept this and continue on. Or we can move on. Returning in six months to complete the new levels. Nothing we have currently invested is going to go away, except for the time investment. Some will stick around to collect the top medals. Some will continue to stay around and help factions and friends. But no amount of wishing or asking is going to change the pace at which content has been released for the last 10 months.

#53 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:50

if it is 1 content every 4 week, fine. I can accept that. just want it on schedule. that make it easier on everyone. that is just my take

#54 ss_bleltch

ss_bleltch
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2009 - 21:49

if it is 1 content every 4 week, fine. I can accept that. just want it on schedule. that make it easier on everyone. that is just my take

Four weeks is way too long. :cry: 3 weeks is too long imo also. But what can we do? Seriously, what can we do? The game's been in a downward spiral for a while now, and we're just along for the ride. Maybe hcs will realize this and be able to do something. But from watching here and on FS it seems they have a blind eye to how the games are going. And the forums are a joke now, i dont think they even bother giving any merit to what the players have to say unless it's total anarchy and chaos. They keep getting more and more distant. I dont think they love us any more. :cry:

#55 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:05

Yeesh... i'm sorry, but honestly what a bunch of whiners. Do you honestly think that moaning and complaining and threatening not to play or pay for FSP/FC again will bring out new content any quicker?

You're like 3 year olds asking your parents for candy and threatening to hold your breath until you get some.

If you're really that unhappy with the game do us all a favour and sod off! You're not helping the atmosphere on these forums, and you're certainly not making it any easier for HCS to actually do their jobs.

What more do you want? Phurie very kindly made several posts, and gave us some much welcome updates. Such as that they are going to be hiring new staff members, I would think that you'd all be happy with that as it shows they're actively looking at improving the release times for new content.

Additionally she said they've been busting nuts trying to make sure Christmas doesn't catch them by surprise, again this is good news, because it should mean we'll have fairly regular content even over the Christmas break.

Just give HCS a break, yes the content release times are too long, and yes there aren't enough things to spent energy on, but you know what, I still enjoy the game, and since I don't spend copious amounts of money to reach end of content first, and instead take 8-10 days to get their at a normal pace, the wait is considerably less for me. So to all those people who rush to end of content within a DAY of release, you can all just shut the hell up, you're the ones who rush yourselves to end of content instead of just taking your time and ENJOYING the game, so don't come complaining when it's your own fault that you have nothing else to do for 25-30 days afterwards.

Thanks Phurie for the updates, they are indeed most welcome news, and I apologise for all the ungrateful gits that seem to be increasingly populating these forums. They need to learn some patience methinks.

#56 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2009 - 06:50

No matter what, content will come out when it comes out...

Isn't complaining about the complainers the same? Do you think they will delay content because of it?

As I understand it "Feedback" is to let HCS and other players know their thoughts, feelings and ideas. Players are just voicing their unhappiness. If HCS had a problem with players doing that they would just do away with the forum all together. Instead they choose to ignore the threads that irritate them... that's been their m.o.

While I can be very critical of HCS for some things, this is no longer one of the things. However, I don't see anything wrong with it. I believe they know it's a problem and are doing things to try and fix the delays(ie new staff). So adding more rhetoric isn't needed imo. This problem happens almost every update, with the exception of one that I can remember. PD isn't even on the Sigma team. So her explanation was for us players that read the forum.

Trying to kiss up to HCS is just a pathetic attempt at self righteousness... because players are unhappy.

#57 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:17

Who's trying to kiss up? That was in no way an attempt to kiss up to anyone.

Yes it was a bit of a rant, and yeah it was hypocritical 'complaining' about the complainers. But what's said is said. Back to waiting... :-P

#58 ss_badlands1

ss_badlands1
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:56

get over it its coming soon just wait like eveyone else

#59 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 15:17

i finally killed the sand lurker and finished the "call to arms" mission - 288xp!

back when i was on that level was when the spawn rate was once an hour and there were mobs of people hunting him, i gave up and moved on

now that he spawns...every 15 mins?...and there was no one there it was an easy task

#60 ss_lionae

ss_lionae
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:44

WTG!! How big of a squad you need to do it---15 people? rofl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: