#41 doa4life

doa4life

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:29

Many games remove inactives from top ranked lists, 1 it kinda looks bad when your leaderboards are inactive. 2 they can always be reinstated to the leaderboards should they return, thus rightfully gaining their rightful spot back, so what if some people in 11th moves up a few spots and gains a medal from this, they should because 1 they are still playing, nobody really wants to look at a graveyard leaderboard.

#42 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:09

A record is still a record, whether the holder is active or retired. Under your example you believe players will quit because the record holder is inactive? I believe the opposite, like someone else said, that players will find playing for a record more attainable and stick around to beat the record of the inactive player.  Also, some players might not strive to achieve more in the game, ie play more, if they knew their efforts would be degraded to some second tier list somewhere in the annals of the game. Leave this alone. We have enough multiple listings with guild level and player levels.

I agree with luis. It's more challenging for existing players and newcomers to try and beat the record, as opposed to your buddies who will mostly leave the game before you do. Leave the rankings as they are.

#43 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 14:05

Many games remove inactives from top ranked lists, 1 it kinda looks bad when your leaderboards are inactive. 2 they can always be reinstated to the leaderboards should they return, thus rightfully gaining their rightful spot back, so what if some people in 11th moves up a few spots and gains a medal from this, they should because 1 they are still playing, nobody really wants to look at a graveyard leaderboard.

You make a good argument. It does look bad for the game when the leaderboards are inactive. I would argue a compromise is perfect in this case whereby leaving the leaderboards alone, just add an asterisk next to players who have gone inactive. When and if they return take that asterisk away. I do, however, continue to think that if you are terminated you should lose all recognition and be completely wiped from any list.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#44 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:23

You make a good argument. It does look bad for the game when the leaderboards are inactive. I would argue a compromise is perfect in this case whereby leaving the leaderboards alone, just add an asterisk next to players who have gone inactive. When and if they return take that asterisk away. I do, however, continue to think that if you are terminated you should lose all recognition and be completely wiped from any list.

Great idea and great point!

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: