BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,857 posts
  • Badge

Posted Yesterday, 14:56

Hey there.

Right, first swing at new Crate content, I reckon I'll spread the various frag stashes across all existing crates. I think maybe one new potion per existing one. Potions, I'm tempted to put into two new chests? Opinions?

Potions I reckon we'll add:

Conserve 800. 60m.
Adept Learner 800. 60m.
Light Foot 1500. 60m.
Overkill 1100. 60m.
Titan Doubler 300. 60m.
Counter Attack 300. 60m.
Invigorate 1000. 720m.
Reckoning 300. 60m.
Savagery 300. 60m.
Arterial Strike 600 (1000?) 60m.
Shield strike 400. 60m.
Immobilise Titan 400. 120m.
Trendy ?

Arterial Strike I'm no sure whether to go for 600 or 1000. Maybe both? Dunno.

Not sure what to do with Trendy. I tested it at 10,000 for ease. I'm no going that high obviously, but I do understand it likely needs to be high-ish to be useful? Again, opinions please.

Cheers!

~ Grim

#42 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted Yesterday, 15:48

The question what kind of chest and keys are required to open those?

#43 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted Yesterday, 15:50

Hey there.

Right, first swing at new Crate content, I reckon I'll spread the various frag stashes across all existing crates. I think maybe one new potion per existing one. Potions, I'm tempted to put into two new chests? Opinions?

Potions I reckon we'll add:

Conserve 800. 60m.
Adept Learner 800. 60m.
Light Foot 1500. 60m.
Overkill 1100. 60m. Sidd's Poison already exists in the open market.
Titan Doubler 300. 60m.
Counter Attack 300. 60m. Wasting stamina in 2024 is bad for gameplay; I understand minor appeal for wanting something to increase stats in PvE, but there are other ways to do it without sacrificing stamina in today's game. For those mentioning SE's, there are other ways to solo those even at a much lower level than having to rely on an abysmal buff such as CA.
Invigorate 1000. 720m.
Reckoning 300. 60m.
Savagery 300. 60m.
Arterial Strike 600 (1000?) 60m. 600 is Dead on Arrival; it doesn't provide enough of a benefit to see decent levels of circulation. While I know I made note that Sidd's Poison already exists for Overkill 1100, this one is different. With only having access to AS 1000 via Loyalty tokens, this would give it an opportunity to be in the open market, which is a good thing.
Shield strike 400. 60m.
Immobilise Titan 400. 120m.
Trendy ? Trendy is a wasted buff for where we are in the game now; losing access to both Coordinated Attack and Defense, coupled with losing out on some Epic Craft bonuses as well as diminished returns on Epic Forge, Enchant Buffs, and in-turn the other compounded buffs on top of those, you'd need an exorbitantly high level Trendy level for this to even be worth it. I can find you the break-even point to make it semi-viable, but even with a multiplier at 0.01% compared to Coordinated Buffs' 0.05%, it's already starting behind.

Arterial Strike I'm no sure whether to go for 600 or 1000. Maybe both? Dunno.

Not sure what to do with Trendy. I tested it at 10,000 for ease. I'm no going that high obviously, but I do understand it likely needs to be high-ish to be useful? Again, opinions please.

Cheers!

~ Grim

Cyan = Good or Indifferent

Red = Don't Do It

As far as new chests go, that's fine, I guess. The opportunity to rotate loot into the chests is also an idea as well if you decide to stick them in the old chests, however.

I understand the idea behind trendy, but the use of something like that is in FS's past at this point. As mentioned above, I can likely find a "break-even" point where it could find potential use, but that number would be ridiculously high to compete with the readily available buffs we already have.

#44 Enromeer

Enromeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 17:44

I am a fan of the majority of the potions but there are a few that I don't personally think should be added.

Overkill 1100: Already have Sidd's potion which can be farmed and will be way more common.

Arterial Strike 600/1000: Already have a loyalty pot Arterial Strike 1000. It is also very niche and most people don't use it.

Trendy ???: No one will use this. Would have to be a stupidly high level to even try and get comparable stats to sets being paired with coordinated buffs and smashing hammer.

That being said I do have some possible potion recommendations if you are looking to replace some of these with something.

Sacrifice 550: Kind of the same as Sidd's potion allowing a higher level sacrifice be available outside of global chests.

Brewing Master 400: Will be a more expensive and rarer alternative of Brewers Art from arena to be used with those high epic pots.

Pride 300: Same as brewing master but for composed pots.

#45 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted Yesterday, 17:52

Arterial Strike 600/1000: Already have a loyalty pot Arterial Strike 1000. It is also very niche and most people don't use it.

Trendy ???: No one will use this. Would have to be a stupidly high level to even try and get comparable stats to sets being paired with coordinated buffs and smashing hammer.

That being said I do have some possible potion recommendations if you are looking to replace some of these with something.

Sacrifice 550: Kind of the same as Sidd's potion allowing a higher level sacrifice be available outside of global chests.

Brewing Master 400: Will be a more expensive and rarer alternative of Brewers Art from arena to be used with those high epic pots.

AS - the entire point is to have one available for free trade; that's good for the game's otherwise stagnantly dead economy. 600 won't do it, but 1k will. With the only other option being from Loyalty Tokens, those that DO want to use it will likely pay a reasonable amount for it as well.

Sacrifice already caps gold loss to 100% at level 500 - that's 575 post-distil which means 633 post-distil on 550? For what purpose? To have EVEN MORE XP gain when it's already super easy to level up?

BrewM would kill the only reasonable potion from the Arena. That does no good.

BG's on record as saying Pride is and will remain composing only.

#46 Enromeer

Enromeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 17:58

BrewM wouldn't be killed from arena at all. The one from chests will enter the game once or twice a week tops? This would be a far more expensive alternative for just a bit extra time on pots.

#47 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted Yesterday, 18:07

And you want potions to last even longer than they do with BrewM from Arena? There are some that already last 16 hours WITHOUT any BrewM; we don't need things that extend the effectiveness of our "overpowered-ness."

Sinking more potions = good; making other potions last even longer = bad.

The game economy doesn't need even longer lasting Instant Teleport potions for seasonal titans and cows. The market is already flooded.

The idea behind extending our already lengthy potions is a ludicrous idea.

#48 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted Yesterday, 18:49

Sorry, but Hell no to BM pot higher than lv300.

Why?

* It's the only item that holds its value in the arena shop and for sure no one wants it dead.

* It will kill the value of other potions (longer duration means fewer potions used in the long run) bad for the game overall.

#49 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Badge

Posted Yesterday, 18:58

Tbh I’d change trendy from common to unique to make it useable

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#50 Rome

Rome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:51

1. Realm chest keys are too expensive. 1000 Loyalty Tokens/200 login days for a crystal key is crazy. As is the 10 million gold alternative price, relative to the chest contents.

2. Please do not add new frag stashes. As Tilley said, it will clog up the other potential rewards, and frags are simple to farm from the global events. New stashes simply are not needed, but rewards quantities on existing stashes could be increased if they are kept in the mix.

3. Please do not add OK1100. You just introduced this as an SE drop, and it still has value. Please don't kill it less than 8 months after release.

4. Please do not add a new Brewing Master potion that kills the Arena potion. I think this has been mentioned enough times throughout the years that it shouldn't even be on the table.

5. What we could very much use is Find Item 1500. Again, 1000 Loyalty Tokens (200 days) to get FI1250 paired with AM and Cons is absurd. We need a good Find Item potion by itself.

6. Trendy is DOA

7. We need more Loyalty Tokens rewards added to the game, and I think the idea of mimicking Mystic Chests is awesome. This is the best idea I've heard in a while.

Edited by Rome, Yesterday, 20:53.

#51 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,857 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 11:43

The question what kind of chest and keys are required to open those?

What do you feel is reasonable? I was thinking no higher than gold?

]As far as new chests go, that's fine, I guess. The opportunity to rotate loot into the chests is also an idea as well if you decide to stick them in the old chests, however.

I understand the idea behind trendy, but the use of something like that is in FS's past at this point. As mentioned above, I can likely find a "break-even" point where it could find potential use, but that number would be ridiculously high to compete with the readily available buffs we already have.

Not sure if I wanna rotate the gear in chests as I keep putting it in invented stuff.

Trendy is a player idea buff and one we have been asked for in this very thread. Remember, not everyone plays like you do. wink.png

AS - the entire point is to have one available for free trade; that's good for the game's otherwise stagnantly dead economy. 600 won't do it, but 1k will. With the only other option being from Loyalty Tokens, those that DO want to use it will likely pay a reasonable amount for it as well.

Sacrifice already caps gold loss to 100% at level 500 - that's 575 post-distil which means 633 post-distil on 550? For what purpose? To have EVEN MORE XP gain when it's already super easy to level up?

BrewM would kill the only reasonable potion from the Arena. That does no good.

BG's on record as saying Pride is and will remain composing only.

Pretty much this, sorry.

~ Grim

#52 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 11:57

Trendy is a player idea buff and one we have been asked for in this very thread. Remember, not everyone plays like you do. wink.png Pretty much this, sorry.~ Grim

I agree and typically encourage varying ways of play. I only said what I did above because of the compounding bonuses.

Commons can't be crafted, so we lose bonuses on epic craft, lesser gains from enchant buffs, lesser gains from epic forge, loss of Coordinated bonuses, lesser gains from defensive aura/layered armor, which then in turn also provides lesser bonuses from KE, SH, SW, AB, etc, which then gives less bonuses from Relics, etc.

I'm not saying it can't be a buff available, obviously - I'm just unsure how high a level Trendy would need to be to overcome losing all the other bonuses.

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,857 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 12:59

I agree and typically encourage varying ways of play. I only said what I did above because of the compounding bonuses.

I'm not saying it can't be a buff available, obviously - I'm just unsure how high a level Trendy would need to be to overcome losing all the other bonuses.

But that's the thing Duder. Does it NEED to? Couldn't this simply facilitate a totally different way to play? I believe that was the original thinking behind the buff, along with giving a playstyle that uses Commons.

~ Grim

#54 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 13:18

Well, I'd say it SHOULD in order to have value and not be a potion that's DoA. I'd like these things to help the game economy some.

When it was initially proposed ~12 Yeats ago, it was likely a pretty solid idea to inject something into the game. Now, commons, outside minor arena use for those with HP, are frag items.

If I might offer a suggestion? What if Trendy were changed to "Rare" instead of "Common?" They don't have the same level of crafting bonuses, so less bonuses I mentioned before, too - changing to "Rare," though might would get some to farm some champs for their items some as they could have new-found viability across all level ranges. It's an instant boost to nearly every aspect of the game, and it allows the potion to remain a more modest level while seeing use.

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,857 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 13:35

Well, I'd say it SHOULD in order to have value and not be a potion that's DoA. I'd like these things to help the game economy some.

As would I. Bear in mind, people leveled and played the game just fine without some of these buffs for a great many years.

I do think you need to drop the whole DOA thing though. It might be to you, but not everyone.

When it was initially proposed ~12 Years ago, it was likely a pretty solid idea to inject something into the game. Now, commons, outside minor arena use for those with HP, are frag items.

What on earth makes you think the buff idea is 12 years old? Exaggeration, thy name is "Toreth"! ;)

If I might offer a suggestion? What if Trendy were changed to "Rare" instead of "Common?" They don't have the same level of crafting bonuses, so less bonuses I mentioned before, too - changing to "Rare," though might would get some to farm some champs for their items some as they could have new-found viability across all level ranges. It's an instant boost to nearly every aspect of the game, and it allows the potion to remain a more modest level while seeing use.

I suppose we could change it to Rare or Unique but that pushes its release back to whenever I can get some code time. Probably when I get the Loyalty Stashes implemented.

~ Grim

#56 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 13:55

Players aren't playing that way anymore. They want to minimize effort to accomplish the same goal. When all that's typically required is maxing damage and middling attack, it becomes a brainless effort. And sure - I will drop the DoA thing when things aren't DoA.

Not an exaggeration at all - see attached:image.png

Uniques already see some form of use depending on what stats are needed on filler items - rares are overlooked. You could likely get away with doing both, however, if you made rares 0.02% per point and Uniques 0.01% or something along those lines.

#57 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,857 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 14:14

Players aren't playing that way anymore. They want to minimize effort to accomplish the same goal.

And you speak for the entire Community?

Not an exaggeration at all - see attached:attachicon.gifimage.png

Bloody hell. I stand corrected!

Uniques already see some form of use depending on what stats are needed on filler items - rares are overlooked. You could likely get away with doing both, however, if you made rares 0.02% per point and Uniques 0.01% or something along those lines.

Hmm. Could look into that, sure. Again, it does mean that potion (potions?) would be bumped from this release until the Loyalty Stash coding.

~ Grim

#58 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted Today, 14:26

Hey Grim,

Chiming in to say, thank you for giving us new stuff. Always good to see new things come about and effort being put in certain areas. I won't touch on too much of the other buffs, I'll touch on Trendy.

As would I. Bear in mind, people leveled and played the game just fine without some of these buffs for a great many years.

I do think you need to drop the whole DOA thing though. It might be to you, but not everyone.

~ Grim

People did play the game just fine with Commons before. Those were the times without CoA/CoD, your Epic Forges/Crafts, and your Smashing Hammers and your other high level buffs. That was well over a decade ago. I still remember how big of a change it was when SH175 became a thing - the way we leveled and the gear completely changed, and has remembered somewhat the same since.

We live in times where the game is much further advanced, the way we play has evolved to a much finer degree, and resources are much more vast and readily available. Resources meaning Legendary/Crystal/Epic gear, and the variety of buffs + the (high) degree and ease of access.

That said. I do agree that there are people who play the game differently should have a place, and that creativity should be rewarded. But like others have mentioned, Common items haven't really... been a thing for a while.

BUT you have a great opportunity here to make something special. Truly, truly special. But that would require a crazy adjustment to the #s in Trendy. As in, make that potion a high high high level buff OR adjust the % number in the buff to be higher. Something that could single-handedly shift the way we use Common items and how strong they are. Shake things up a little, you know?

If chaos ensues, there's always tuning it back down.

Love you Grimmy ~ SS

#59 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted Today, 14:28

Not any one individual can ever speak for the entire community. If you were to peruse through resources available, guild chats, potential individual Guild Social spaces, however, you'd see them littered with "Whats the best way to 1-hit?"; links to the 1-Hit guide on the wiki; or the site to create your own hunting setup with instructions on how to garner the most of your stats - none of which include common items. It's as simple now as "Slap oh 4 sets, Coordinated attack, Smashing Hammer, and XP buffs, and just mash 1."

"What can I say except you're welcome?"

I think pushing the idea to the Loyalty update is fine if you're okay moving the idea to rares/uniques. It will be much better received and be sought after more that way.

#60 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted Today, 14:34

What do you feel is reasonable? I was thinking no higher than gold?

~ Grim

That's fine or release them in a new chest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: