107 replies to this topic

#41 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 14:34

Deathspinner stuff is easy to make, that whole place is actually really good for the DQ's.

thxs..forgot about that place..used to make armors for ah long time ago..60 in a day might still take me some time and stam..i am doing it...16 so far in about 20 minutes..learning to use exactor and invents..this actually can and will be done..thxs again doom

Edited by yodamus, 14 October 2016 - 15:02.

#42 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 14:39

wow..they already had one of my ideas in place...lol...but holy cow !! is this even possible ???

Rare ]
Invent 60 items
0 / 60
Gain +210 Allegiance Tokens
Time Remaining:

i like the reward..and it does belong in rare cat..but can i do this..any hints anyone..?..i looked over my list of over 200 recipes...i see nothing that i could even think about inventing 20 times much less 60 times..yikes....might want to cut back the amount on this one..bg and hoof.

Does it have to be gear that you invent? I mean, there are a ton of quests that require you to invent items to go forward. Can it be something simple like that to invent?

#43 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 15:27

wow..did it...600 stam, 50 minutes later..glad there is a such thing as "extract all"..for me worth the great amount of alleg tokens..thxs bg and hoof for a challenge..

Rare ]
Invent 60 items
60 / 60

#44 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 15:28

wow..they already had one of my ideas in place...lol...but holy cow !! is this even possible ???

Rare ]
Invent 60 items
0 / 60
Time Remaining:

i like the reward..and it does belong in rare cat..but can i do this..any hints anyone..?..i looked over my list of over 200 recipes...i see nothing that i could even think about inventing 20 times much less 60 times..yikes....might want to cut back the amount on this one..bg and hoof..

edit: now that i am doing it..it is about right..tough but possible..good for a rare dq...keep as is..hr long dq

An hour long? I like them tough like the defraging 280 items I got which also took some time, but while the other rewards have improved these have replaced the previously inadequate rewards only to disenchant players

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2016 - 15:35

Does it have to be gear that you invent? I mean, there are a ton of quests that require you to invent items to go forward. Can it be something simple like that to invent?

Any invented item will count to the total.

wow..did it...600 stam, 50 minutes later..glad there is a such thing as "extract all"..for me worth the great amount of alleg tokens..thxs bg and hoof for a challenge..

Rare ]
Invent 60 items
60 / 60

Glad you enjoyed it!

#46 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 16:20

thxs..forgot about that place..used to make armors for ah long time ago..60 in a day might still take me some time and stam..i am doing it...16 so far in about 20 minutes..learning to use exactor and invents..this actually can and will be done..thxs again doom

How about 60 mystic pixaxes. Needs 60 axes dropped by rats, and 1500 gold to buy the ivy; success rate 95%.

#47 musiclovers

musiclovers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 18:53

i have a basically impossible daily quest can we not have something like this please and the reward for an impossible quest to complete  wasn't really that amazing either... D:

[ Common ]
Defeat 100 Dragon creatures
0 / 100
Gain +4 Max Stamina

#48 musiclovers

musiclovers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 18:55

i've looked into possible dragons for me to kill but i found nothing that would really work out unless there was a legendary event or something like that where there were dragons in there under my current low lvl D:

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2016 - 19:10

i've looked into possible dragons for me to kill but i found nothing that would really work out unless there was a legendary event or something like that where there were dragons in there under my current low lvl D:

Elemental of Paladir <- Level 25 Dragon -> Paladir Forest East Hidden Grove.

Pretty sure you have to invent the potion in order to be able to "see" them, but that's simplicity itself :)

Good luck.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 22:17

Err Just NO!   Daily Quest
[ Common ]
Travel 300 tiles
0 / 300
Gain +30 Allegiance Tokens
Time Remaining:
1h 42m 54s

#51 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2016 - 00:09

Suggestion: Re-Roll quest for 250k or 1 FSP OR 100/200/250 Allegance tokens. Max of 3 times a day.

That way people don't have an exuse if they re-roll 3 times and still don't like one of them.

I'm retracting my rant, because I'm not going to give BG a headache when he has all these lovely people ranting at him for a new feature, who supposedly say the cows aren't doing anything for FS anymore.

Edited by Gutie, 15 October 2016 - 00:17.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#52 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 00:39

This is probably going to sound a bit sad but is there any chance that the completion message could be copied into the log please? Seems odd that they aren't.

I'll ask Hoofmaster about this.

If I may butt in... Personally, I'd just do away with the necessity of hitting the collect button when done.

Not sure if that would help solve Pointy's issue... but I personally see zero requirement for it to be done and foresee "issues".

#53 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 00:45

So going back to luis' #7 question 

To which I added post #17...

Looks like the two new activities added are inventing and breaking down.

Beyond that, I have seen a component slot as a reward. 

I hadn't seen that before. Wondering if it too is an addition.

#54 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2016 - 00:51

Daily Quest [ Rare ] Invent 100 items 100 / 100 Gain +45 Max Stamina

100 Deathspinner Ammies later ... 45 more max stam

I'll take any number of those :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#55 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 00:52

[ Common ]
Break down 60 items
0 / 60
Gain +110 Current Stamina

I didn't even attempt to do it.

Today's DQ

Daily Quest
[ Common ]
Invent 40 items
0 / 40
Gain +16 Max Stamina

Wish I had Not even tried
Already killed several dozen creatures that I need to get a drop from. Got less than a half a dozen items using FI1000. None are the drop I need.

I think it's got to be one of the worst DQ's I've ever seen. My opinion

#56 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 00:53

:blink:

Legendary ]
Travel 900 tiles
19 / 900
Gain +190 Allegiance Tokens

Edited by juggeranut, 15 October 2016 - 00:55.

#57 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:02

another :blink:

[ Legendary ]
Break down 720 items
0 / 720
Gain +1 Max Allies

#58 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:11

Daily Quest
[ Common ]
Invent 40 items
0 / 40
Gain +16 Max Stamina

another :blink:

[ Legendary ]

Break down 720 items

0 / 720

Gain +1 Max Allies

DQs like these are Not even enough to get me to try to stick around to see if there is anybody even on to talk to. The next time I log on and see quest like that I will probably instantly log out :(

#59 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:13

Gonna repost this here in a better spot.

You get much less items hunting than youd actually think. I burned an entire 15k stamina (with a Monarch global chest- AM 500, CON 575, LF 1725) and only got 146 items for that quest. I used FI 1150 and Lady Luck 230. Of course I used Doubler as well, but saying that you can do these while hunting should take Doubler into account. Most creatures you hunt drop either resources or quest items so their drop rate of frags is also much lower.

Personally, the frag item quests are extremely long time wise in comparison to other quests including some that are Legendary of different types. I can give you the numbers to make it more clear. Yesterday I had Fragment 380 items. Even if I use FI 1150 and Lady Luck 230 thats going to be over 2500 mobs I have to kill (if and only if the mob I choose has atleast a 7.5% drop rate). Costing over 2500 stamina aside, picture how long it may take one to do this quest- it will be quite long. That quest takes atleast 20 minutes to do (with AM 400- much longer without since youd have to move) and it was only Rare. To put that time into perspective, Ive killed 12 SE in that same time before (none of those were bought locations- SE take on Average 2 minutes to hunt each). I have to agree with Luis on this 100% especially seeing as how this quest is basically a kill quest that requires 2500 kills instead of the 250 or so other quest types require. Hopefully you can consider those numbers and rework them out a bit.

I think arguing that you can buy these items doesnt work out either because there are very few items actually on the market to satisfy those needs for everyone. With a quest like [Legendary] Break down 720 items (+1 Max Allies) it should be clear why. At 5k gold an item (not possible to consistently get items cheaper) thats 3.6 Million gold, which is X3 more FSP than purchasing +1 Max Allies. If I was to do this quest myself, it would actually take me less time to secure a titan- which is arguably much more FSP than it takes to buy +1 Max Allies and also requires much less than 5k stamina to do (not to mention less intensive).

If I was to weigh in I have to say there is a pretty distinct difference between the quest types in general in terms of stamina and time required. If I was to rank them in terms of easiest to hardest:

Arena >>> PvP > Walk > Normal > SE > Invent > Elite > Champion >> Break Down

From that alone it should be pretty obvious that the last quest I would want would be the Break Down Quest, not a good sign since it's half of the recently added types.

Edited by Achub, 15 October 2016 - 03:29.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#60 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:52

Gonna repost this here in a better spot.

You get much less items hunting than youd actually think. I burned an entire 15k stamina (with a Monarch global chest- AM 400, CON 575, LF 1725) and only got 146 items for that quest. I used FI 1150 and Lady Luck 230. Of course I used Doubler as well, but saying that you can do these while hunting should take Doubler into account. Most creatures you hunt drop either resources or quest items so their drop rate of frags is also much lower.

For an "on-current-level" hunt, I'd have to agree - but, getting drops for "frag items" quests is still simple.

Just move to the mountain path, and kill rats. They drop items like mad, even without any FI running ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: