#41 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 20:14

@Near123

You need to vote for each piece, not just those two. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#42 GFXGUYHALO

GFXGUYHALO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 20:33

G1

A - 7/10

Nice piece like the way the clock and the letter are faded into the background but too bright for my liking.

B - 8/10

I love how everything is blended into the background and you have stuck to the theme of your piece and render placing is perfect.

G2

A - 3/10

It is hard to make out what is what in this piece and I can barely see GGT and I don't get what this has to do with Time Travel

B - 4/10

Not the best ive seen but I like the dinosaurs in the snow the thinking there was clever. But as an overall piece it looks plain like something I would find on google images.

G3

A - 5/10

Like the slay with a pocket watch there but it looks a bit boring it needs to have a lot more colour like a time and space background with some C4d's in their

B - 2/10

It looks like a text slap really :( I think what you have don't their is got a background and stuck a render of Matt Smith on there :(

G4

A - 7/10

Love the car in the background there I love the thinking of this piece the colours just come together and make it look so good looking (this sounds like im talking about food lol)

B - 5/10

This does not look like time travel (unless those guns were time travel guns lol). It looks like a zombie apocalypse is happening.

G5

A - 9/10

Love this piece the best part is the cogs that are in a pocket watch in the background. The render fits perfect into it and the colour is OMG.

B - 7/10

This sig wont get out of my head the colours are so attractive and the blue prints for a time travel car in the background is genius

G6

A - 7/10

Like the colour and text in this one but their is a bit too much colour in there for my liking.

B - 7/10

This one is nice but the render seems a bit blurred to fit in :(

G7

A - 7/10

Not the best render pick out it is a bad cut :( I like the colour it fits the docter who theme.

B - 8/10

I guess whoever made this watches docter who lol I like on the left side where the TARDIS is left because The Docter always leaves his TARDIS in the allyways lol (he sucks at parking lol)

halo2sig_zps13687e76.png

Check out my Graphics Shop:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58996

#43 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2013 - 20:40

g1:
a.6/10
b.8/10 - love the back ground

g2:
a.4/10
b.5/10

g3:
a.2/10
b.2/10
^kinda looks like text slap^

g4:
a.9/10 amazing
b.8.5/10

g5:
a.9/10
b.10/10 i love the use of colour

g6:
a.8.5/10
b.8/10

g7:
a.6/10
b.10/10 i love the way it shows change

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#44 Skullman307

Skullman307

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 20:43

G1 

A. 5. This is just unappealing to me.

B. 7. This is definitely the more appealing of the two.

G2.

A. 5. Just a bit to blurry.

B. 6. Better, but the dinosaurs make it a bit weird.

G3.

A. 3. I simply dislike this piece.

B. 4. Better, but not by much.

G4. 

A. 7. Can't go wrong with back to the future.

B. 6. Nice piece pertaining to one of the better time travel movies out there.

G5.

A. 7.5. This is a good piece plain and simple.

B. 7.5. This gives a cooky twist to a series of great movies.

G6.

A. 6. It's good, but it could be better.

B. 7. This is a good piece more so because it depicts images from a movie based on a good series of games.

G7.

A. 5. Don't get me wrong it's great work, but B deserves a 10.

B. 10. You saved the best for last because this is the best piece out of the lot of them.

kieiz0i.png

#45 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 20:44

G1

A) 9 Love the color integration and the background with the old clock

B) 6 Also great integration but the flames seem a bit too bright and hide the background a little bit

G2

A) 5 It looks a bit blurry so the detail on the left is not that visible. But great color selection

B) 10 Love the landscape and colors

G3

A)15

B) 0

A lot of actual work on the first image, love the background, didnt give any points to the second because its a star of a movie with terrible hair

G4

A) 7

B) 8

Excellent work on the second one, but back to the future is a classic! So i kind of split the points.

G5

A) 7

B) 8

Both great cartoon concept approaches, second one is funnier though :)

G6

A) 6

B) 9

A has both warm and white colors, B's left portin with the sand is just excellent

G7

A) 5

B) 10

London before and then is an awesome antithesis, lovely colors as well. I also like A but B is just too good to hand out points differently.

In general, great efforts by everyone, best of luck to the contestants!

#46 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 20:46

oops, wherever you see a smilie its letter B

#47 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2013 - 20:51

1a. 9 i really like this one

b. 5

2a. 2

b. 3 i dont really get either

3a. 6 kinda funny

b. 2

4a. 10 this is the best one of them all i think

b. 5

5a. 6

b. 7 both ok but i like b best

6a. 7

b. 6 again both ok but i like a best

7a. 2

b. 4 dont really like either but b is best

#48 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2013 - 21:09

for those of you who voted today, be sure to PM me ingame (cqinmi) if you want a free avatar

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#49 Oga

Oga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 21:26

@Near123

You need to vote for each piece, not just those two. 

Yeah, i fixed that, lol i misread the post lol

#50 Elokin

Elokin
  • United States of America

Posted 28 October 2013 - 21:45

G1
A     8/10     to me, this one fit the theme better
B     6/10     I like this one too, just not as much

G2
A     6/10     I like it, but I'm not sure I "get it"
B     7/10     I can see the time travel concept here

G3
A     8/10     this one makes me think of Santa's sleigh lol
B     3/10     I don't get it

G4
A     7/10
B     8/10     I like them both, but I like this one better

G5
A     8/10
B     6/10     This one fits the theme, but the people are too cartoonish for my taste

G6
A     9/10     This one evokes the feeling of time travel, and I like the colors
B     6/10     I'm not familiar with the subject matter of this one, so I can't really judge its adherence to the theme

G7
A     7/10
B     8/10     I like the juxtaposition of the two eras

All HCS Games: Elokin

PSN, Steam: CsokiCsiga213

Eldevin Shop

#51 Hic242

Hic242

Posted 28 October 2013 - 22:25

G1

A. 6 - Very Nice. I like it. However it is a bit plain.

B. 8 - Wow. The girl on fire actually looks like a time traveler (although I know who she really is). Love the floating clocks and Eiffel tower, the pyramids and the bright colors. One of my favorites in this round.

G2

A. 5 - Interesting but a bit too blurry for my taste. The right side of the picture could use some more detail. other than the woman it is empty.

B. 3 - Nothing in this picture stands out very much. The writing is not very noticeable. Doesn't seem like very much work was put into this, Sorry :/

G3

A. 4 - Interesting... ahem .... contraption. However, the surrounding picture is a bit plain and if I hadn't already known the theme, I would've guessed that it's Santa's new sleigh :P

B. 1 - Again, this picture does not really make me think of time travel...

G4

A. 5 - Interesting, however, nothing really captivates me...

B. 7 - Very nice. I like how their bodies are partly dissolves and the starry/ partically (is that a word?) background. Really goes with the whole time travel theme. Well done!

G5

A. 8 - I love it! My favorite work in this round. Love the pieces of a dissembled clock between his hands. It was hard to choose whether to give this an 8 or a 9. In the end it came down to simple gut instinct rather than anything in the picture that I didn't like. I like it so much, in fact, that if the artist who created it is selling, please contact me as I would be interested in buying it :)

B. 5 - Interesting but doesn't captivate me like the one above does...

G6

A. 6 - Interesting. I like the multicolored thing (Don't know what to call it :/) on the right.

B. 7 - Great! The person dissolving into sand looks really good and fits into the time travel theme. I would be interested in buying it if the artist is selling!

G7

A. 5 - Not bad but it seems like the person is not photo-shopped into the picture very well.

B. 6 - Very interesting. I like it, however, I do not see very much photo-shop work in the picture. I could be wrong though...

Edited by Hic242, 28 October 2013 - 22:27.

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#52 Abdullah89

Abdullah89

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 22:28

1st...i would like to apologize to any of the artists whose feelings I end up hurting due to my votes..just know its nothing personal and I am sure that u have done at least 1 piece of work that i would give a 10/10 for :)

Group 1:

A -  8/10 

B -  8/10 

I thought both where very well done, and couldn't decide which one i liked more.

Group 2:

A -  4/10  - its alright...i just done like how the womans hair is all flying back like that, theres also a guy (i think its a human) about 1 pinky to the top left of the girl which i cant seem to figure out if its supposed to be a person or what.

B -  3/10  - i find it to simple, and doesn't seem like a whole lot of work was done on this other than the circle that is around the triceratops head...the render it self has potential just need more practice on making dem avatars :)

Group 3:

A -  3/10  looks to much like text slapped.

B -  3/10  text slapped.

Group 4:

A -  3/10  - don't care to much for it, the guy himself doesn't look all the special neither does the background.

B -  5/10  - i couldn't decide if i like this enough to give it a 7+ or not...so here's a 5 haha..the font could have been nicer, also the brush that was used to make the bottom half of the 2 guys starting to disappear wasn't done all that nicely (that's m opinion)

Group 5:

A -  1 0/10 look  at the rating i gave it....need i say more? lols

B - 9/10 i really enjoyed looking at this one....the 2 guys made me laugh a lot :)

Group 6:

A - 8/10

B - 8/10

nice job on both :)

Group 7:

A - 4/10  eh. this ones doesn't catch my attention or anything 

B - 8/10  I especially like the color contrast of  this avatar :)

One thing I noticed was that nobody really did an avatar where part of the character(s) body is like broken up into little squares....there's a movie called "The One" where the characters in the movie time dravel from 1 earth to another earth dimension and thats how it goes...a beam of light comes covers them from the sky and they start to break down into little squares and poof they are gone...i thought it would b really nice if some1 could have done that hahaha :)

Edited by abdullah89, 28 October 2013 - 23:04.

#53 VenomGT

VenomGT

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 22:35

Group 1

A: 7 - This one seems to have a story and meaning behind it.

B: 4 - Lack of creativity.

Group 2

A: 6 - Blends a little too much for me. Clarity isn't the best.

B: 3 - This one is just too plain.

Group 3

A: 3 - Not striking to me at all.

B: 2 - This does not interest me at all. Seems like a lack of effort.

Group 4

A: 8 - Great blending and great variation. This looks very good.

B: 6 - Good, but could use some detail around the rest of the picture.

Group 5

A: 9 - Great creativity. I like this one the most in group 5.

B: 6 - This one is good, but just can't beat picture A.

Group 6

A: 8 - Good creativity and blend. Very attractive to the eye.

B: 7 - Great detail, but could use a couple more additions to the outer parts.

Group 7

A: 3 - Good, but simple.

B: 12 - Amazing work. This is the best one overall, hands down.

#54 kornstar83

kornstar83

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 23:09

G1

A- 5/10 - makes me think

B- 7/10 - reminds me of Magic the gathering, and im a pyro :)

G2

A - 4/10 - kind of blurry, but looks cool all the same

B - 5/10 - looks fairly realistic except for the dino coming out of the portal

G3

A - 3/10 - too cartoon like for me - prefer this one

B - 3/10 - not sure what this has to do with time travel, i might understand better if i knew who the guy in it is

G4

A - 6/10 - well put together and i love the BTTF movies - prefer this one

B - 6/10 - nice effects going on around the actors 

G5

A - 5/10 - the gears and stuff adds a cool effect but not a fan of the anime look

B - 6/10 - BTTF, the delorian blueprint and the look on their faces...need i say more :) 

G6

A - 4/10 - nice colors but again too cartoon like for me 

B - 7/10 - looks great, could have come from the films digital artists (not saying it did, but looks like something they would make...compliment not accusation) 

G7

A - 4/10 - still dont know who the guy is but i can see how this one is related to time travel

B - 8/10 - great art work, i love the comparison - if i was to pay for any avis i saw here it would be this one.

i think that all the artist here deserve some props, i tried making avis  before and know how much time and effort goes into it. all the artwork here looks cool, and im glad i took the time to look. hats off to you all :)

#55 bikklo

bikklo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 23:35

G1.

A. 10 Totally love it.

B. 5

G2.

A. 8 Love the colors

B. 5 Dinosaurs are a bit small.

G3.

A. 7 Santa:)

B. 1 I dont understand what it have to do with time travel?

G4.

A. 7

B. 7 I like both

G5.

A. 5

B. 9 Gave me a laugh

G6.

A. 10. Adore it.

B. 5 Good as well but adore the other.

G7.

A. 4

B. 8 Dr Who is cool, but last is way better.

#56 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 October 2013 - 23:39

wow lol glad to see the free avatar was a popular way to bring in the votes!

Voting ends in 30 mins. Will take a bit for me to tally up. Might be tomorrow morning before the winners of Round 1 are announced.

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#57 Chagryn

Chagryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 00:04

wow lol glad to see the free avatar was a popular way to bring in the votes!

Voting ends in 30 mins. Will take a bit for me to tally up. Might be tomorrow morning before the winners of Round 1 are announced.

Whatever you did CQ it worked. Seeing this much participation is amazing! Thanks everyone who voted and be sure to check out round 2. 

BrandSig_zpsf2e5098b.png

So who wants to buy me Zombie Brand on League of Legends? 

#58 LLLovely

LLLovely

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 October 2013 - 00:13

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:47

GROUP 1

A ) 6/10

GGTENTRYROUNDONE_zps78c455f4.png

B )  9/10

q9rs.jpg

GROUP 2

A )  7/10

DW0S0Jy.png?1

B ) 7/10

time10_zpse9d2018b.png

GROUP 3

A ) 5/10

msg-34948-0-11245700-1382559185.jpg

B ) 3/10

GGTRound1_zpsf4fd5e0e.png

GROUP 4

A ) 2/10

msg-33730-0-54795200-1382046192.png

B ) 5/10

ggt-timetravel_zps0cc8ac66.png

GROUP 5

A ) 7/10

cjdx.png

B ) 8/10

GGTEntry1_zps2267e4b4.png

GROUP 6

A ) 9/10

TimetravelEntry1_zps4ec328c8.png

B ) 6/10

2u4skzo.jpg

GROUP 7

A ) 3/10

Week1_zpsf388b3da.png

B ) 5/10

xmk3ld.jpg

#59 Patnov

Patnov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 00:28

Great! My Idea worked CQ!!! Great participation! :D

Patnovsig.png

Sig By DMR > Thx Dear, i love it!

#60 DarkWillie

DarkWillie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 00:38

G1 -

a - 6 - It gets the idea of the theme across, but I'm not really feeling the effects used to blend the images together, they still seem like separate images to me. Text could be better, and possibly positioned differently.

b - 7 - Theme is represented well, I like the colors and the blending... I'm not real keen on the Eiffel Tower image swirling around with the clocks. Text fits well

G2 - 

a - 5 - very blurry, I get the point, but it would not be apparent without knowing the theme... no comment on the text :(

b - 5 - very simple, text is very plain and poorly positioned.

G3 - 

a - 2 - looks like a render slapped on a background with text slapped on it... I know what it is, and where it is from, but I'm still looking for the reindeer (I think it is the text that is causing that though).

b - 1 - wow :( wow... wow... yeah, so I used tineye on this one and my fears were well founded... 1 image faded over another with the main character erased around and text slapped on it. If you are going to do that, at least do some tutorials for the text from youtube and make the text look good.

- I'm feel bad for giving marks so low in this group, and I'm sorry if I have offended either of the artists here :(

G4 - 

a - 9 - big Back to the Future fan... very good representation and love the effects... the text speak for itself! Cudos!

b - 6 - nice effects, but the background lighting should be higher (when looking at the lighting on the characters). probably would have given higher marks if I could give more than 15 per group.

G5 - 

a - 8 - Nice lighting, nice text... very clean and very clear! (Just wish I could read the little stuff lol)

b - 7 - Very well done, love how you added the car in the back! too bad you had to be in the same group you two... very hard to split the 15 here.

G6 - 

a - 6 - nice effects... not feeling the colors as much, but well blended... nice text!

b - 6 not sure if this has to do with time travel or not, I like the effects though.

G7 - (how many groups are there!?)

a - 6 - The theme is clearly represented here, My only issue is the character doesn't blend in with the image itself... looks too much like a render pasted on a background. Text is good and background is very well done :)

b - 7 - I have to say that the only thing I don't like about this one is year of the future side... 31,440 my head is spinning lol!

2 notes to the artists... 

1. I read the voting and understand that I have 15 pts to distribute between the 2 entries and that there is a max of 10 pts to be awarded to an individual image so if I didn't distribute the 15 pts its because I'm old school and am awarding pts based solely on the 1-10 scale.

2. My votes are not an attack on you personally and are merely my opinion (as uneducated as it may be)... please don't take offense.

If I win an auction, please notify me in-game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: