104 replies to this topic

#41 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 16:22

*headdesk* whatever is the earliest time. i am too hypoglycemic at the moment to calculate GMT. i don't care about the stakes... keep your stuff. i am not going to designate anything. it would be pretty easy to figure out where my points are but it doesn't matter. i retracted those previous statements because i was being silly. anyway be there or be square.

Errrrr blaming hypoglycemia now? nice tact, eat a granola bar

And still no designated time set

#42 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 16:38

*headdesk* whatever is the earliest time. i am too hypoglycemic at the moment to calculate GMT. i don't care about the stakes... keep your stuff. i am not going to designate anything. it would be pretty easy to figure out where my points are but it doesn't matter. i retracted those previous statements because i was being silly. anyway be there or be square.

Errrrr blaming hypoglycemia now? nice tact, eat a granola bar

And still no designated time set

The true diabetics in the audience are offended by the attempt to offset any lack of thought process on the necessity to take proper care of your own person. Eat a Snickers Bar, drink a Dr. Pepper and make a choice that adheres to the rules of the fight... or don't fight at all. But I reiterate, tune into a different station, because Drama Jams is not anything that makes you look credible.

Bleh. :|

#43 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 16:46

I'll give him that much though Nyt. Hypoglycemia is a bit of a different critter, is why I told him to eat a granola bar. And it does make ya a little loopy....but not terminal like that

#44 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 16:52

Nothing that taking a Glucophage or drinking a soda can't cure though. Hypoglycemia is the lesser of two evils, and in this case, the best that he can do if he's *truly* suffering from blood sugar problems is to deal with it and quit worrying about it.

I still want to see the fight though... and whatever it was that he deleted in response to previous posts. I hate it when people take back their words. It makes me think that they don't have the marbles to deal with whatever their words brought their way.

Dr. Pepper and half a Snickers bar. Lived off of that for years before the blood sugar took a drastic turn south.

#45 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 17:19

8 pm ct in the fire cave. i'll supply my own vial.

you have not bound yourself to any of the rules of the duel, in point of fact you go so far as to set a time technically outside of the parameters (1am GMT, I did say between, didnt say including the outside Times) Furthermore you express it in "Central Time" which is actually GMT minus 5, but only if you're operating on daylight savings time and if you're one of those wierd states that doesnt use DST then its 2 am GMT.

*headdesk* whatever is the earliest time. i am too hypoglycemic at the moment to calculate GMT.

For the sake of killing a time zone debate, just go with UTC time (Standard GMT), which is what the game server uses.
It cuts out any of the DST/GMT-5 errors and stops anyone from potentially trying to use those errors to say the other wasn't there on time.

Why not hold the duel in the Bandit Pit?

#46 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 19:43

this is 3pm ct tomorrow tuesday right?

i am going by this

http://www.timeandda.../converter.html

#47 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 23:53

Let not the level of blood sugar detract from the fact that the Skalla punked out gangbang, umm... annsflange.... umm whatever.... once more.
So speaketh me and stuff. :lol:
It's almost like a soap opera. Getting steadily more tragic with every episode but yet strangely amusing at the same time.

#48 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:02

Blood sugar baby
Shes magik
Sex magik sex magik

#49 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:07

:roll:

#50 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:09

you guys are laughing at me because i have diabetes?

Well which is it? Are you diabetic or just hypoglycemic? And no that is not why they are laughing at you :lol:

#51 gothador_passion

gothador_passion
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:15

they are laughing at me because I'm naughty.....

#52 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:19

you guys are laughing at me because i have diabetes?

No. If anything it's because you're using your blood sugar levels as an excuse for your post content.
If your blood sugar levels were that low, then why did you sit here replying to a forum post rather than taking care of the more important matter - your health?*
Reply to post or prevent potential coma? Hmmm, tough choice.
:P

*And saying 'you made that choice because of your sugar levels' doesn't wash either, as survival instinct takes over. :P

#53 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:42

Thank you, Skalla. That was my point exactly. As a person that has lived for 24 years as a diabetic... I know from nearly full lifetime experience that when your blood sugars are so low that your better judgment is impaired, you aren't sitting behind a computer screen, trying to attempt to be witty.

I hate liars. Just in case anyone doesn't know that, now it has been said. I dislike people who are not honest, or actively look for a reason to tell a falsehood. I hope that Batlord isn't lying, because I'd hate to have to hate him more.

:|

#54 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:54

Thank you, Skalla. That was my point exactly. As a person that has lived for 24 years as a diabetic... I know from nearly full lifetime experience that when your blood sugars are so low that your better judgment is impaired, you aren't sitting behind a computer screen, trying to attempt to be witty.

I hate liars. Just in case anyone doesn't know that, now it has been said. I dislike people who are not honest, or actively look for a reason to tell a falsehood. I hope that Batlord isn't lying, because I'd hate to have to hate him more.

:|

You really shouldn't hate the less fortunate. Takes too much energy

#55 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:30

Thank you, Skalla.

Skalla? Are you having a hypo or something? :P

#56 dyscord

dyscord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:37

Seriously? Having a disease/disorder doesn't make you an expert on it, nor does it affect you to the exclusion of all others. My roomate suffers from it and has to control it with both diet and meds. She has days where no matter what she does, the effects of it will linger. This is usually because she was a pud and didn't eat right or whatever, but the effects don't go away the second you eat.

I'm actually shocked and disgusted you guys have turned this into an "I have diabetes and you don't, so nyah" discussion. Didn't we get over that in the 3rd or 4th grade?

Anfang will fight him and may the best man win.

Now back to your regularly scheduled sniping, bitching, crucification, and drama whoring... :roll:

Geek for life...yo

#57 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:36

This isnt about who suffers from what. It's about someone making excuses. Sure he says he'll fight him now but that really does nothing to improve his reputation since he was shamed into doing so.
Trying to deflect the criticism from gangbang by saying people are wrong to speak about medical conditions is also pretty lame. Most wont give a monkeys toss if he has a condition or not. We all have crosses to bear but we don't all use them as excuses. Point is if you feel bad to the point where you're no longer coherent then you shouldn't be sat here writing on a forum. If you are then that just makes you a bigger idiot. He waited several days before answering skallas post so a few more hours or one more day really wouldn't have made a huge difference.
BTW don't waste your time telling me when a topic is done or not done. It's only done with when I say it is :P

#58 dyscord

dyscord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:57

This isnt about who suffers from what. It's about someone making excuses. Sure he says he'll fight him now but that really does nothing to improve his reputation since he was shamed into doing so.
Trying to deflect the criticism from gangbang by saying people are wrong to speak about medical conditions is also pretty lame. Most wont give a monkeys toss if he has a condition or not. We all have crosses to bear but we don't all use them as excuses. Point is if you feel bad to the point where you're no longer coherent then you shouldn't be sat here writing on a forum. If you are then that just makes you a bigger idiot. He waited several days before answering skallas post so a few more hours or one more day really wouldn't have made a huge difference.
BTW don't waste your time telling me when a topic is done or not done. It's only done with when I say it is :P

Yeah...that's what everyone gets for thinking. Your gangbang'o'shame had nothing to do with his decision to waste his time dueling. As far as I know, he decided to go ahead with it once I made the suggestion to just get it over with and kill Skalla to "shut the harpy brigade up before I got myself banned from the forums". I believe those were my exact words.

As for deflecting criticism? Nothing doing. Anfang is a big boy and can take care of himself. I'm just more than a little sick of the self righteous bigotry that rears its ugly head in here time after time. It goes beyond the boundaries of RP and into the realms of pettiness and bad taste. You know, as well as most players, that I've never been very good at keeping my mouth shut, and I saw no reason to start now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...placing yourself in the upper echelon of a gaming society is like winning the special Olympics. You might feel pretty damned cool, but you're still retarded, or in this case, a gamer nerd. Tacky of me to say so? Probably. But am I correct? Oooooh yes.

Geek for life...yo

#59 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:03

who wants a candy bar?

#60 FrankNStien

FrankNStien

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:06

That's as may be but I'm pretty sure you know i don't place myself anywhere in the upper reaches of this game. Never have. I've only ever been here for the chuckles.
I don't believe anyone has said anything shameful other than gangbang himself. People are merely speculating on what they've been reading. That's a pretty normal thing.
People trip and fall in the street and generally it gets a laugh (providing theres no serious injury...). Gangbang fall down and go boom. Cue laughter. That's what has happened. Don't try and make it into something it's not just so that some might feel sorry for the guy. He's made an ass of himself and in the process reflected pretty badly on the cult heritage. How you feel about that is your business, but what i think of it is mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: