• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:51

Seems like a waste of time and code to me. If you can't trust your guild mate with potions, boot 'em or just don't make potions for your guild or make those potions right before your "selected" guild mates hunt or whatever they want to use the potions for.

That's what I thought about some of the other ideas, but players wanted it and the cows are going to see what they can do. I have been finding out more and more that what I think is a waste does not mean others do.  So why not ask and let the chips fall where they may. :)

#42 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:13

nice  cant wait to see the new buffs just hope they are not too high in the levels 

#43 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:48

This is a well needed update, thanks HCS.

Composing pots from a single screen without so many reloads will be great. I do most pots on my phone so less reloads the better.

Auto collect will be a welcomed addition too, its unnecessary to click 'collect' on each pot.

Level 60 isn't that welcomed as this will be more pain to create 20xp or 30xp pots for many more months to come.

It would be great if a cap on LF500 can be increased to at least 600 or maybe even 1000

#44 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:33

More crystal and legendary events.

Which is a good thing. Players cry out for more events all the time. This is part of what Composing was designed for.

Put into place new buffs being unlocked as those levels are unlocked.

We're still discussing buff placement.

And will composers who have reached lvl 50 be given a credit for all the pots we have made since we reached lvl 50?

No. You levelled to 50 as composing was. There will not be credit for potions made beyond.

Thanks Grim, though I have to ask with you making a smaller doubler is there a reason you ignore all the requests for a higher level doubler? We already have 1500, many have asked for 2k+ the truth is if it is higher we can burn our stamina faster, which in turn tempts us to buy more stamina to keep hunting.

It's not so much ignoring as timing. The 1,500 is still reasonably new and it is in players nature to ask for more and more powerful buffs after a short time of receiving their last upgrade. Is it truly that crucial? Honest question.

Any chance you could add a brew multiple potions option? It would be great to be able to brew 2/3/4 of the same potion (depending on one's level) in on command rather than having to do it 2/3/4 times.

PLEASE, do not forget the Composing Tab on Guild Store.

I'll add these to our design doc. smile.png

Looking forward to the updates but  a suggestion  on this - please do not overcompensate by increasing the use of LE, SE and Crystalline frags too much. Increase the use of of Rare's a bit if you like.

While it is painful but we can source Commons/Rares much more easily than the others.

Ah but then we can have more LEs, Chomper and Frag Events.

Frag event may be needed..

Indeed. I was wondering if it ought to be the Wraiths or the Pinatas this time?

Please consider adding some buffs to the skill tree, been waiting on buffs for 700 levels now, a bit too long.

Wrong thread Mate. It is something we shall look at in the near future I think.

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:40

Secondly, been FOREVER since we have seen any new regular inventing / AH Special pots (doesn't have to be super high buffs, but something better than 175 would be nice and appreciated).

That's something I'd like to return to, yeah. Rejuvenate the Game Creatures and plant farming. Some Inventing only Buffs would be nice.

When you use Instant Finish-button it should also collect the potion. When would you want to instant finish a potion and not collect it?

I like it.

I don't like the change of bank deposit resets to midnight server time. I like it that it happens when I am online with the present system. Or perhaps you could make people choose how they want it?

No idea if that could be made an option. I'll ask though.

#46 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:54

You misquoted me BigGrim.  I did not request more crystal and legendary events.  By increasing  the crystal and legendary fragments required you are putting even more gear into the fs world by having more events for us to collect these fragments. 

If Composing was designed to use up gear we naturally collect as we hunt shouldnt the ration of more commons and rares be adhered to as these are the items we collect through our regular hunt.

Also its unfair to give lvl 50 composers no credit for composed pots they have made since reaching lvl 50.  When eoc players reach eoc they continue to get xp so why should this not apply to composing ?   Its like players who have composed quickly are being penalised for doing so, first with no new buffs for all these months and now by you adding more lvls and saying what you have done since reaching lvl 50 does not count.  Totally unfair !!

#47 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:58

Also its unfair to give lvl 50 composers no credit for composed pots they have made since reaching lvl 50.  When eoc players reach eoc they continue to get xp so why should this not apply to composing ?   Its like players who have composed quickly are being penalised for doing so, first with no new buffs for all these months and now by you adding more lvls and saying what you have done since reaching lvl 50 does not count.  Totally unfair !!

Well firstly, you'd complain about it every time afterwards if they applied the exp you earned, since you'd get level 60 quicker.

Your also aware that at level 50 was the cap. In EoC, there IS NO HARD CAP . For composing there is, and that's 50.

Complaining about exp at a hard cap is like saying in a mmorpg that I should gain exp after reaching max level, the logic is flawed.

Edited by Runesaur, 25 November 2014 - 12:00.

#48 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:07

Well firstly, you'd complain about it every time afterwards if they applied the exp you earned, since you'd get level 60 quicker.

Your also aware that at level 50 was the cap. In EoC, there IS NO HARD CAP . For composing there is, and that's 50.

Complaining about exp at a hard cap is like saying in a mmorpg that I should gain exp after reaching max level, the logic is flawed.

Composing was presented to us as 50 levels with buffs unlocked as we increase in levels.  This did not happen after a certain point. 

To add new levels now and not give any acknowledgement to what has happened to date is not fair to those who have completed the task of reaching lvl 50 composing.   How is this not logical?

#49 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:17

Gonna say it again:

It's more likely it will just be you need to use more Legendary, Super Elite and Crystalline frags and slightly less Commons for the more powerful potions. We're still looking over the numbers tho :)

It already spend an considerably high amount of Legy, Crystalline and SE frags to make Doubler 1000. If it increases more it would be an absurd

By Now to make an Double 750 with 60 min [can be bought on ah for less than 35k gold] on composing for example spend:

45K Gold | 76 Commons | 70 Rare | 64 Uniques | 24 Legys | 20 Crystalines | 18 SE frags

(Surely doubler 750 from ah is better), but if the player can make Doubler 1000 (an doubler higher than ah option) s/he would spend:

60K Gold | 100 Commons | 96 Rare | 88 Uniques | 34 Legys | 30 Crystalines | 28 SE frags

If an player make an LF 500 with 120 min to titan hunt for example s/he would spend:

60K Gold | 100 Commons | 92 Rare | 76 Uniques | 28 Legys | 20 Crystalines | 16 SE frags

* It is less expensive to buy an LF 600 and an BM 300 than making an LF 500 with 120 min

** Isn't Them Expensive Enought?

Edited by Kbyte, 25 November 2014 - 12:32.

#50 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:35

Composing was presented to us as 50 levels with buffs unlocked as we increase in levels.  This did not happen after a certain point. 

To add new levels now and not give any acknowledgement to what has happened to date is not fair to those who have completed the task of reaching lvl 50 composing.   How is this not logical?

Because your saying that a hard cap should be reduced to a soft cap, which they explained it was a hardcap.

#51 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:47

stuff

Its funny how much you know, for being a 3 weeks old account.

#52 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 14:06

Also its unfair to give lvl 50 composers no credit for composed pots they have made since reaching lvl 50.

You have credit for that in your Medals. You levelled up to the hard cap. That hard cap will soon shift. You will not gain any previous experience from potions made at the previous hard cap.

#53 PrinceKash

PrinceKash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 14:42

I am not sure about the composing potions being affected by spell breaker. The mouseover doesn't state that. If this was asked before, will someone point me in the right direction. If not, will certain pots be changed ?

#54 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 14:51

You have credit for that in your Medals. You levelled up to the hard cap. That hard cap will soon shift. You will not gain any previous experience from potions made at the previous hard cap.

I have not made many composed pots since i reached lvl 50 .... so what i am requesting will not be a huge benefit for me .... but i feel that what i am requesting is reasonable ...  we did not expect composing levels to increase so the hard cap was understandable......  BUT ...now considering you are increasing the levels its seems only fair and reasonable that you acknowledge the composed pots of those that have reached lvl 50.

Why stand so firmly on this issue?   Unfortunately there are not enough of us that have reached level 50 to make enough noise about this so you can review your decision the way you did with top SE Hunters.

In my opinion it is wrong to not acknowlege measurable past achievements.

Edited by Melissa3, 25 November 2014 - 14:52.

#55 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:06

...now considering you are increasing the levels its seems only fair and reasonable that you acknowledge the composed pots of those that have reached lvl 50.

Why stand so firmly on this issue?   ...  you can review your decision the way you did with top SE Hunters.

With the SE hunters, the medal had already been keeping a tally that they could build back upon. An SE kill is an SE kill. Yes, there is the Artisan medal which tracks the number of potions created, but it does not differentiate whether that potiion was worth 10 xp or 70 xp. The amount of resources needed to recreate the information (if even possible) could be better spent on other portions of the game. Sorry, but at least you are getting the much sought after additional potion skills.

#56 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:13

With the SE hunters, the medal had already been keeping a tally that they could build back upon. An SE kill is an SE kill. Yes, there is the Artisan medal which tracks the number of potions created, but it does not differentiate whether that potiion was worth 10 xp or 70 xp. The amount of resources needed to recreate the information (if even possible) could be better spent on other portions of the game. Sorry, but at least you are getting the much sought after additional potion skills.

Im sorry maury but BG is not saying that it cant be done.......  he is saying that it wont be done.

There is  difference ... I would understand if they do not have the information and cant do it , and would accept if a reply was worded in that manner.....  but i fail to accept that they just decide that they wont do it........ 

#57 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:44

You levelled up to the level cap. There is no experience to be gained beyond it. If you've levelled up to 50, that is as far as it goes. There is no XP beyond it. When the new levels are added, you continue from level 50.

#58 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 November 2014 - 17:23

Hopefully fragment reward from global event with new update???

:D

#59 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 17:36

I happen to agree with what Runesaur said - in other MMORPG's, there are hard level caps. Players can reach those level caps and keep playing, but advance no futher. Then the MMORPG brings out a expansion pack, adding a further 10 levels (let's say, hypothetically).

Players who were at the previous level cap have to start from scratch to progress into that expansion pack - i.e. they start with the experience required to have reached the previous cap, and not any more.

This is no different - composing was launched with a hard cap of Level 50.....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#60 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 18:10

Hopefully fragment reward from global event with new update???
biggrin.png

Was thinking of running one in the next day or two, yeah. But Wraiths or Pinata? THAT'S the million dollar question!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: