110 replies to this topic

#41 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:59

I like this idea alot, a great way to get rid of old gear that is just gathering dust in many, many bps.

A good point was raised about crystalline items, first to go would be the ones with max damage done to them, so it should be at a reduced amount of points for it (max points for an item with 95% durability and, an extra bonus for items that have no loss at all). 1 point for those with 10 pts of durability or less left to them.

An extra 2 pts (or 1 pts) per forge level per item would be nice, as for crafting levels, I am not too sure how you'd work it out (previous suggestion above was nice with a perfect forge worth 5 pts extra).

This is a must for the game as it will improve it by leaps and bounds and, as we all know, more ways to dump gear from the game means we'll get more chances to have events.:)

BTW, leave the gold out of this, we got the caves for it and, as for the items, make them be non-bound items and, maybe have a set or 2 that could only be made this way.

Now, on to the epic idea from it.....I like it. However, you would need to drop a ton of items in and, hope you get an epic. Maybe if you sac an epic item you can increase the percentage chance of an epic coming out (make it worth wild for people to dump them in).

Either which way, a great idea that has even greater potential.

#42 michael1080

michael1080

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:06

I am loving this idea many sets right now are not being used and the sets being used cost more then the lower level guys may have on hand and it gives the guys with bigger backpacks a way to get potions that make hunting better or pvp

#43 Bahamut101

Bahamut101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:08

I wonder though, if those epic boots should be crystalline -- or else eventually the system you propose could flood us with them one day.

Thought I would go into a little more detail or expand on the idea now to keep the original post simple and to the point.

This is suggestions for items at each Tier.

MIX @50 points an equal chance that you will get 1 of these items:
-Doubler 1000
-Arterial Strike 250
-Spell Leach 250
-Counter Attack 200
-Side Step 250

Mix @100 points an equal chance to get any of the 50 point items as well as:
-Animal Magnetism 300
-Quest Finder 300
-Stalker 250
-Extend 250

MIX @200 points an equal chance to get any item from 100 and 50 as well as:
-Inventor II 250
-Enchant Helmet 1000
-Super Elite Slayer 250
-Cursed Ring 1000

Mix @500 Points an equal chance to get any item from 200,100, and 50 as well as:
-A Level 500 Epic Boots
-Doubler 1500
-Conserve 400
-Coordinated Attack 500

Just to put some of the numbers into perspective:
-Chance to get an Epic- 6% after sinking either 50 Elite items, 25 SE items, 20 LE items or a combo of the 3.

-Chance to get the 50 point items 20% each, but at the cost of 5 Elite Items, 2.5 SE items or 2 LE items

-Chance to get 100 point items 11% each, at the cost of 10 Elite items, 5 SE or 4 LE items

This process really has potential to clean out the game of many of the unused items and allow for MANY future events from the cows I just hope they see this and act soon :)

Limit it to 1 item deposit a day will prevent item flooding or make the items bound

#44 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:23

1 item per day?

I am about at wits end, anymore waiting and I just might find something new.

A "No" from me on 1 item per day.

Elites being the most farmed, yet there is a time interval between spawns. There are a few exceptions to the spawning time.

I don't think flooding will be anytime soon?

#45 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:40

1 item per day?

Elites being the most farmed, yet there is a time interval between spawns. There are a few exceptions to the spawning time.

I think limiting it to one item a day would defeat the point of it :)

#46 Bahamut101

Bahamut101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:49

1 item per day?

I think limiting it to one item a day would defeat the point of it :)

Yeah but if you can put as much as you can get in whenever you want it will easily overflood the game with new gear as well

#47 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:52

1 item per day? We want to get rid of stuff in bps faster so we can have more events (also gives more sinks and stuff for us to do along the way).

As for flooding the game with items (like L500 epic boots), you'd need to drop a ton of items in just to get a chance at getting them epic boots. So, if you have a possible 10 items for 500 pts (just making it a rough number to work off of) and, 10% chance of getting a pair of boots from it...you're chances of getting a pair of boots are low. 10% per time, how many times are the odds you'd have to do it to get epic boots? Lower then most will think (10% per time, with 10 items in the mix each time, 500 pts worth of items needed per draw). So, no need to worry about flooding anytime soon.

New buffs from the potions that could come out would be nice (nothing that would be better then what you can get from giving $60 donations, don't want to defeat the purpose of those who support the game). Possible ideas:

Distil L75 or 100
Merchant L200
Honor L200
Gloat L200
Deflect L200
Enchant boots L150
Adept Learner L225

Epic boost (0.03% extra to stats per equipped epic) Maybe higher percentage but, let's face it.....Epics are nice but, Smashing Hammer and Coord Attack have made them only good for stat gains in stam, gain/hour of stam and Xp. Let's start making them worth wearing again (and not a pain for easy PVP attacks).

Just an idea on it.

#48 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:59

Merchant L200

No to merchant or th as there is to much gold in the game already .

#49 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2012 - 20:24

Nice idea. I wonder if the unique items won for quests can in some way be included as with Co-ord att, SH, KE etc. any item I pick up along the way seems to be immediately dumped, seems pointless having so many items of no or little use?
Perhaps a cauldron voucher for each mix be required and award those for quests/champion drops instead?

#50 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 September 2012 - 20:25

Thumbs Up. Excellent idea!
PXT

#51 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 20:53

Good idea on the merchant pot call, it is true, we got too much gold in the game as it is.

As for items from quests counting as something to throw in the idea, it's a good one. 99% of all items I get from quests are dumped (a few rare cases the items are good for offline setups, arena or GVG use). It would promote the quest part of the game and, get people to do them. I know I do the quests (I just like the Xp myself LOL) so, having the items used for something other then for bp slot usage would be great.

As for champion drops, no. I think between elites, SE, LE, Crystaline and Epic items we can throw in (with the fact quest items awarded could count) is enough in the stew pot. Champs would put it over the top for items that could go in (however sets dropped from champs could work). Just not solo champ item drops (would be intresting to see how many would throw the Crushing Fist set into the pot to get an item).

#52 Command101

Command101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2012 - 21:23

This will completely alter the arena...unless of course this idea is only for pots....

PM me in game if I get out bid on a piece. Thanks.Thaisetqb1_zpsiu932q47.png

#53 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 21:35

the whole point of this will be to stop the flood of items in the game? problem i see with that is that there will be more people going out hunting for these items now.
i like the idea as a whole and it can be alot of fun but all i can see is 10 guys at EOC with maxed out backpacks filling up every event and controlling the market and making the items cheap enough that anyone else that wants these items can get them for cheaper by paying the big dogs.
im all for this idea if the items created are bound only. make it so anyone that wants these benefits have to go out and do it themselves.
there are elites at all levels so this game can be played by anyone at any level.
there are already many systems to get potions in this game....none so far that only benefits the player doing the creating.
give all of us players something fun and exciting to do without creating another avenue for rich players to become even richer.

#54 fs_pokemon449

fs_pokemon449
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 21:39

I wonder though, if those epic boots should be crystalline -- or else eventually the system you propose could flood us with them one day.

Thought I would go into a little more detail or expand on the idea now to keep the original post simple and to the point.

This is suggestions for items at each Tier.

MIX @50 points an equal chance that you will get 1 of these items:
-Doubler 1000
-Arterial Strike 250
-Spell Leach 250
-Counter Attack 200
-Side Step 250

Mix @100 points an equal chance to get any of the 50 point items as well as:
-Animal Magnetism 300
-Quest Finder 300
-Stalker 250
-Extend 250

MIX @200 points an equal chance to get any item from 100 and 50 as well as:
-Inventor II 250
-Enchant Helmet 1000
-Super Elite Slayer 250
-Cursed Ring 1000

Mix @500 Points an equal chance to get any item from 200,100, and 50 as well as:
-A Level 500 Epic Boots
-Doubler 1500
-Conserve 400
-Coordinated Attack 500

Just to put some of the numbers into perspective:
-Chance to get an Epic- 6% after sinking either 50 Elite items, 25 SE items, 20 LE items or a combo of the 3.

-Chance to get the 50 point items 20% each, but at the cost of 5 Elite Items, 2.5 SE items or 2 LE items

-Chance to get 100 point items 11% each, at the cost of 10 Elite items, 5 SE or 4 LE items

This process really has potential to clean out the game of many of the unused items and allow for MANY future events from the cows I just hope they see this and act soon :)

agree but make the itmes a lower level because you wouldnt do that if you couldnt use them but crystal= good idea

#55 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 September 2012 - 21:52

So if I go down to the level 30 realms and farm Girath items all day long, I have a chance to get an epic out of that?

Another note, this would definitely be one of those times to remove all AH listings to give people a chance to decide what they want to do with their old items. That way you don't have people buying up a ton of LE items listed for gold.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#56 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 22:09

the whole point of this will be to stop the flood of items in the game? problem i see with that is that there will be more people going out hunting for these items now.
i like the idea as a whole and it can be alot of fun but all i can see is 10 guys at EOC with maxed out backpacks filling up every event and controlling the market and making the items cheap enough that anyone else that wants these items can get them for cheaper by paying the big dogs.
im all for this idea if the items created are bound only. make it so anyone that wants these benefits have to go out and do it themselves.
there are elites at all levels so this game can be played by anyone at any level.
there are already many systems to get potions in this game....none so far that only benefits the player doing the creating.
give all of us players something fun and exciting to do without creating another avenue for rich players to become even richer.

Agreed.

I believe the thread is getting twisted so that any and all gear can be used in the Cauldron. Champion, Unique? Come on! The original post, if I'm not mistaken, was to get rid of certain items to pathe the way for more events. How does allowing Champion and Unique gear to be thrown in the Cauldron create more events? If the potions are not bound I fear many are looking at this with fsp tinted glasses! And while where at it, I think gold should most definitely be required when using the Cauldron because going by most who have replied here you can well afford it :wink:

#57 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 September 2012 - 22:43

I'm kind of astounded the cows actually read a thread and are going to implement it. that is pretty rare, but Leos has a good handle on this game.

So the premise of this idea is to DUMP flooded elite, champion, super elite, and legendary gear so that you can earn points. These points can be used to get powerful potions?

#58 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 22:52

I'm kind of astounded the cows actually read a thread and are going to implement it. that is pretty rare, but Leos has a good handle on this game.

So the premise of this idea is to DUMP flooded elite, champion, super elite, and legendary gear so that you can earn points. These points can be used to get powerful potions?

Champion? Don't think that was suggested in original post mate.

#59 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 23:00

Remove the idea of items from the idea completely, make it so you can only get potions from it, then most of the issues (most not all) are gone. Especially consider removing the part about the epic item/s. The game already has enough epics in it and we don't need more. Even if nothing is changed about the idea I still like it and think it could work very well.

#60 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2012 - 00:37

-1 to the OP. Am I allowed to post such negativity?
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: