Photo

What would encourage you to invite friends to play?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 18:41

We would love to hear what ideas you the community have to help attract new players to the game?

The best-selling product in the world --> an illusion of winning easy money without doing the hard, everyday work of building a life :wink:

#42 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 08 November 2012 - 20:55

We would love to hear what ideas you the community have to help attract new players to the game?

The best-selling product in the world --> an illusion of winning easy money without doing the hard, everyday work of building a life :wink:

Bulls-eye ;p

#43 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2012 - 21:26

When it gets worthwhile to invite people. As it is now its too hard to make them stay and play since its hard for new players who cant spend money on the game.

As it is now it dont seem worth it for me to spend alot of time doing so. Earlier it was easier to get people to stay because it was easier for new players, now new players start guilds and get nowhere because it costs so much and is so hard to get players to join a new guild. And also players paid me to invite for them to get their recruiting medal.

#44 vtpitbull

vtpitbull

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:24

Leos had it correct.

Heck.....people can't even sell off their commons to a store run shop to make gold. New players figuring that out and the little they make from hunting early on.....well. Gives you the very real feeling of needing to open your wallet to improve your character and the open wallet cost's a heck of a lot more then the monthly subscription games.

#45 fs_harlyquinn

fs_harlyquinn
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:57

i think HCS should make like a advertisement to get new player to play and make ads and stuff about fallensword

#46 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:52

Just crossed my mind. Make FS also link to a Facebook integrated FallenSword game. I mean make the game open under facebook. then give FSPs for inviting friends.

#47 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:41

right now, you need to make the game better for the new players...having played many rpg type games in my lifetime,i have never seen a game like this one, where 99.9% of all items dropped by creatures are WORTHLESS !!!, what fun is there in a game where everything you find cant be sold for even 1 gold, do something with the common and rare items in the game to make them useful to be hunted (there used to be a thread about this from radneto, but hcs decided to forget all about it, not very bright)....all a player can do is drop, drop and more drops of everything found since they have to have bp space in order to do many quests...also, not sure if this is still the case..i am pretty sure it is..but when a new player finally decides to join a guild , they get attacked relentlessly by the greedy gvgers..thus chasing them right out of the game.i know my guild has lost many players due to this..do not allow newer players to get hit gvg style...

#48 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:22

I agree on this. Maybe make the drop rate less on those items but give them some value somehow.

#49 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 November 2012 - 14:53

Also, not sure if this is still the case..i am pretty sure it is..but when a new player finally decides to join a guild , they get attacked relentlessly by the greedy gvgers..thus chasing them right out of the game.i know my guild has lost many players due to this..do not allow newer players to get hit gvg style...

Maybe make it so the participant or a target in a gvg must have achieved Bronze guild loyalty?

Also I was thinking I know PvP protection is a hot debate... But it it exists. If a guild is able to afford it and doesn't want to participate in GvG the founder should be able to buy GvG protection with Banked FSP. If the guild is not willing to participate in the conflict the attacking guild will just get free RP.

#50 vtpitbull

vtpitbull

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 17:28

As I said.

There absolutely needs to be a realm store where players could actually sell off their worthless junk items that are really of no use.

Sure it brings gold into the game but there needs to be a way for players to spend gold on better equipment in the same store or minor upgrades to their characters to help get their feet under them.

I still think this is one of the greatest issues for new players.

#51 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 17:49

exchange x amount of items in map section for 1 item thats worth something? hmmmm im liking it until someone can come up with something bad about it :)

#52 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 November 2012 - 20:57

a good suggestion that could be done with common and unwanted items is add potions or other recipes that require common items and requires a good amount of these items. these recipes could require common/uncommon/rare/unique items from all different levels (for example, a new potion could require a couple items from level 5 but also require some items from level 700). this can cause a raise within the prices of items(it would probably be a temporary raise until people start farming but would stay high for a while if released within a mass update), these recipes can also make useless items into something that can be used(a example of this could be a new level 1500 set requiring a level 30 item, or a level 40 item requiring a level 5 item).

#53 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:09

Pertinent to the discussion on being able to switch between guilds chat ... How difficult would it be to implement an IRC sort of chat to replace the guild chat, where the text is dynamic instead of having to constantly refresh each page? Of course, because the code is already there, the current system could stay as an option, similar to the old map and the new map. This would then allow various features such as:

Interguild communications: Each guild (maybe with 10+ members to prevent server overload) could have its own IRC, and players would join their own guilds irc automatically upon loading the guild page. To join another guild's IRC as well as their own, the player would just join that other channel. The channels could be password locked maybe, or certain players could have the ability in the guild to allow applicants into chat.

Just my 2 cents :).

#54 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00

I read over the first page or two and a few ideas caught my eye.

1) Lowering the cost for KEY upgrades is essential. Max stamina and Stamina gain are beneficial to a player regardless of what aspect they pursue in the game.

2) Showing beginners how basic mechanics work.

Such as:

- Auction House

- How to PROPERLY calculate stats (comparing your stats to an opponents stats). This would teach leveling, pvping, and to an extent gvging and arena. There are nuances to each but a firm understanding of the basics goes a long way.

- Better overview of the different aspects to the game

3) Find new outlets to advertise Fallensword (social media, radio, tv, magazines, bill boards, etc.). Do some research on more successful browser based games. How are they successful at retaining talent? Would it apply to Fallensword's business model?

Another Forum Thread dealing with this information (link):
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108132

#55 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 24 November 2012 - 17:18

We need to give new players some sort of advantage over higher level players. any thoughts? I think this would make them feel valued and would make guilds wanna recruit them more.

#56 fs_jossjob

fs_jossjob
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:51

We need to give new players some sort of advantage over higher level players. any thoughts? I think this would make them feel valued and would make guilds wanna recruit them more.

I made a post about creating a novice pot. It's not an advantage, really, but I think it's a boon to low-level players as they can have access to level 175 hunting buffs without having to pay FSP or high amount of gold for them. Please comment if you can.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108262

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: