Photo

What makes you keep coming back to play?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#41 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:17

i have to admit like doom its habit takes 30 days for a habit to form and i been playing for 5 years so its ingrained now... what used to make me play daily is trade the ocd thought of not letting one drop of stam be lost and some of the amazing ppl i called friends who was once here phool.TDA but to name a couple..i dont know when the game changed it creeped up on me things that hoof said would never ever happen did the more ppl asked for the more they wanted ...i keep coming back as i have a hope things will eventually go back to some form of what they was i know its more or less impossible for new ppl to get a foot hold in the game ..the game used to have a very balanced ecomomy ppl earned bought a set that like in real life they had to work damn hard for but once they had it they viewed its value as they earned it gave them pride sounds stupid but its true you earn something you value it a hell of alot more then when its just handed to you that we have lost from the game.. ppl will argue not everyone will be able to afford blah blah but it wasnt about that you earned what u had you made do when you couldnt and you didnt complain about it .ppl just got on with it with there lvl 150 doubler lol that was a god send.
then when ppl out grew there prized gear they could actually sell it for profit most times and upgrade its how you built ur character ..its ok making everything available to everyone but when everyone has everything it becomes stagant nothing moves

i need to edit this as re reading i can see how tired i am but cba at mo going to sleep

#42 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 03 November 2012 - 18:51

What do you feel would encourage players to log in more often?

I believe that we do need new mini games within FS that do not require stam use. Arena is a great one, but arena is not everyone's first interest. We can ask the community what they think to get new ideas from them. You guys have the best community waiting for you just to ask. I wish I had that wish my customers in my business in real life. Make use of it like you are doing in these threads.

I log in to progress in the game. To level, to help my guild, to chat with friends that are as real to me as my real life friends. I play to develop my character. I love the idea of "making" FSPs. Trust me, if we could make FSPs in the game, we would not stop donating. There is always more to get in this game. But being able to make some FSPs in the game would not make us feel that this is just a cash-cow.

#43 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 19:46

I play because I am invested. (People, time, money... in that order)

I play because I love my guild.

I play because I feel responsible for my guildmates' enjoyment : if they are unhappy I feel I have failed them. (Be a guild founder before disagreeing) And I know that is ridiculous and wrong... but still.

I play for the reason I was originally hooked. *oooh! Shiny! What combinations can I make?!* Gear combos are catnip to the compulsive. I wanted to make cleverer sets than my rivals when I started, now I just put sets together. Mostly for my guildies. I love puzzles - this game is one, and it evolves.

#44 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 20:46

I come online everyday to see my friends in my guild and in other guilds, community plays a massive role which has kept me going.

Also i always like to log in and join in on the arena and check to see if we have a new SE, any new LE or even a new titan added(all year round). These things keep me interested.

I also love the fact that HCS is one of very few game makers where the developers will interact with us on the forum and respond to our posts.

#45 MsClaire

MsClaire

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:35

When I left 5 months ago I didn't expect to be back. My feelings toward the game were so negative I asked for my character to be deleted. 5 months and an attitude adjustment later I was missing what drew me in the first place...

Community - I've met some amazing people in my time here, a few have become trusted RL friends, whom I would not have met otherwise.

Variety - We're not locked into one or 2 aspects and can wander between them as the mood strikes (and resources allow).

We need activities that don't eat into our resources (gold/fsp/stam). To get people hooked they have to spend time here interacting with each other. Large banks or small, most of us are waiting on stam...better for the game if there is a reason for us to wait it out online together. I'm thinking community games that require no special gear, stam or financial investment. I have no idea what form they would take...its just a vague notion at this point.

Adding my vote for a playable mobile app. Its time we had one. I'm away from home (and my computer) 12 hours a day but I've always got my phone with me (and 3 hours of travel time to kill).

Fix the market. New players need the ability to expand a bit, invest some time and effort before needing to pull out a credit card... with fsp priced out of reach we're losing them before the hook is set.

#46 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:40

MsClaire

#47 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:37

I do really like this game, i have met some wonderful people whilst play the game and I think that is primarily the reason for why I keep playing, well that and a slight addiction.

I do enjoy some of the new innovative things you bring to the game like the global events.

keep up the good work

#48 fs_liuskoj

fs_liuskoj
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2012 - 16:14

The people. As an example: I quit playing after the pvp and smasher changes but after a few months noticed that I really missed the FS community. That's the only reason why I, and probably many others still log in. The sad fact is that game itself has very little value in my eyes nowadays.

#49 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 16:28

I only get on for a few seconds each day to buff all my guild members to advance us towards the Guild Achievements. There really is nothing that draws me in. Then you guys released the GQ. This was my first GQ ever and I am extremely satisfied with it. I found it very enjoyable. ( I have to admit. I didn't really like the GQ at first. It took so long to get kills. I was somewhere near 20K kills when someone told me there was a GQ doubler :lol: )

#50 CroFighter

CroFighter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Croatia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 17:56

Friends and boredness.

28b79k6.gif

#51 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 18:12

At the moment i am trying to decide that. I have put a ticket in for a nice request to replace quest items so i can hunt tommy titan...no answer as yet...it seems i wont receive items in time to partake in the fun even.

#52 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 18:14

At the moment i am trying to decide that. I have put a ticket in for a nice request to replace quest items so i can hunt tommy titan...no answer as yet...it seems i wont receive items in time to partake in the fun even.

They are off for the weekend

#53 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 18:22

i placed it friday ;) and normally i am fairly patient of course being it was my fault for dropping the items in the first place lol i did not read that i would need it for the new titan...so granted the fault is my own. however to come on and see they are here to create new threads and to comment on ones made...i would put wonder to the idea why they cant send a man to help out with this and many other players same plight :)

#54 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:16

Have also noticed in the past few days merchants buying up low level gear and relisting it for profit I know its a part of the game ,but damn its making it harder for new players ...

#55 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:46

Guildmates, past and present. Other close friends I've made ( mostly via pvp in one sort or another).You'd be surprised how many players you can strike up a conversation with after a gold hit, a bounty clear, or simply by buffing them on the board.

The long conversations on skype or in game helping others with set ups, buffs, gear, and also giving and receiving advice.

To be honest, ( for me) it isn't the game as much anymore due to changes to certain aspects, more as it's the people I know who continue to play the game, that makes me come back daily.

#56 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 13:31

If I told you why I stopped, would that be helpful? I mean... I just log on once every other week now...

#57 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2012 - 16:20

For me it's been having a guild, always being behind the top or bigger guilds and always having a mountain to climb. Maybe if I ever got my guild to the top it would get a bit stale after a while, but then again the one thing that FS has over pretty much every other game is an interface function.. Guild chat, and the PM/Log system

Seriously it might seem like a minor detail in an MMORPG, but there is no other game that makes is as easy for some who likes to talk far too much (like me) to chat. You have the guild info bar at the left, opaque and set aside from the rest of the guild screen. A full screen separate page to view anything less recent than the last few messages - and a few days worth of chat stored over however many pages that may take, and it's the same thing for the log. Not a stupid mail box that makes you click on each individual PM to see the contents of the message, but a nice full screen view with all your messages displayed in a list - kind of forum style - format

If I ever play another RPG online with people I know from FS - especially those that have chat or whispers displayed as floating text that appears in the bottom corner of the game screen and then disappears. Or a guild screen with a tiny little box at the bottom for chat, that shows about 3 lines of text and makes you scroll up and up and up to see something that was typed an hour ago. I always keep FS open in a 2nd tab, and the extent of my messaging or chat in those games will be "go to FS" and I'll hold and actual conversation there instead

Likewise with messaging offline people on other games, if they play FS too. I message them in FS. Somehow it makes me much more confident that they will see the message, that I can type as much as I need to, and that I can copy/paste to and from it if needed. Communication is an essential part of any game that has "MM" in the first 2 letters of it's genre, and the interface here for talking to people is just right

#58 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:48

Honestly,

The fact that HCS is still adding to the game, making it interesting. I find it that lower levels have it easier and can advance quicker but do to the course of getting closer to the EOC it becomes more challenging. Over the years I have met a wide variety of players that made me emotionally attached to the game itself. Its a game you can always get up and walk away from but sits in the back of your mind all how you can improve it, structure it, and follow through to become the best of the challenges the game has for you.

#59 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 22:29

I just want to see what happens. When online players drop to a certain point i expect to see big changes in the community, and maybe even the developers.

#60 levy1977

levy1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 November 2012 - 23:23

As per the topic subject - what makes you keep coming back to play Fallen Sword?

I have played this game for years, and I have had to re-set my attitude a few times, to become less invested and not get anxiety from stamina building or something not going right.

Many of the reasons people are stating are the very same reasons I continue to log in and invest in this game.
Community and the social aspect will always be the front runner in why we log in, as the stamina and game functions seem to change so much that people have grown accustomed to it.

What hooked me right away about the game, before ever meeting anyone, was the complexity of level 1, learning to hunt the rats, and putting on the gear.
As a brand new player, I was intrigued in the games functions, learning the math, buffs and next hunting level, which by the way is not in the Ethereal Gateway and hitting the The Ethereal Guardian (Elite) :lol:

I suppose over time the lack of max stamina, the lack of backpack and the harder it gets to hunt, could turn off a new player from succeeding, but that is where guilds come into play, and taking new players under their wing and getting them a pick axe and helping with a few buffs.

What happens with guilds though, is that a game function changes so often, many guilds are changing, the leaders are not growing and teaching, rather they are spending their time making the changes to keep up with the game.
EXAMPLE: A guild founder who is considered to be a good leader, goes out of his way to buy, farm and upgrade gear, taking much of his/her fortune and turning it into guild assets, then the game changes, gear becomes worthless, especially the common items, non sets, which you can see fully forged items in the auction house at this moment selling for less then a fallensword point. due to the gear being "non epic", newer players catch on, and seek guilds with better gear, larger buffers, more structures. As you can imagine, its take take take world and people are not into give give give.
Suppose that leader decides to run a GvG or titan hunting guild, well, over the last few years, there has been way too many changes in those areas, its become less important to newer players to grow their guilds, rather to just move around and gain advantage inside the changing game mechanics.

I will try to be brief, sorry for ranting. :oops:

1) Please take a look at what other games out there are doing and implement the same kind of rules. in 2006 when this game was created, im sure that there was a major need to block certain game functions to eliminate cheating and such. back when LE events were on the map and drops were so essential and could be stored in multi backpacks. I think you have done a great job moving away from that function in the game, but you are falling behind in the gamer world itself.

Players should be allowed to have as many accounts as they want, afterall, it would make you money if players were buying fsp to upgrade those accounts. Every other MMORPG game that I have played, they encourage multi accounts, its revenue that makes them millions of dollars. would you rather have 800 players online playing with 1 account? or 750,000 players on this game managing 2.5mil accounts?

Once you can decide what future you want, moving forward, I think you can target a population of gamers that would make this game more money, more fun, more interesting.

I wont name any names, but in the past, there were players who got banned for logging into several accounts, which had an effect/influence on tens to hundreds of players, with them banned, you killed their influence, their following and piece of the game went with it.

I honestly believe this is constructive feedback and wish you huge success in keeping this game alive, and feel this feedback would spark the community back up and bring back the numbers from 2008, 2009 and 2010 when the game was growing at a rapid pace.

After all, it is a business on your end, that makes it a game on our end. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: