Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:23

Personally I never bothered scavenging but:

Maehdros was victorious! xxxxxx lost 4490936 gold of which Maehdros stole 3368202 gold

Maehdros was victorious! xxxxxx lost 4285647 gold of which Maehdros stole 3214236 gold

Maehdros was victorious! xxxxxx lost 3668805 gold of which Maehdros stole 2751604 gold

Maehdros was victorious! xxxxxx lost 3293746 gold of which Maehdros stole 2470310 gold

Maehdros was victorious! xxxxxx lost 4618851 gold of which Maehdros stole 3464139 gold

Thanks for an awesome event :mrgreen:

( ps: the new sets look awesome )

hey... umm... can I get some of that? -grabby hands-

#42 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:42

This drop rate sucks, you would think a drop would happen with 20mil gold but sadly no. Just wasted some where around 100 fsp thanks HCS :evil:

#43 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:46

I know I've said this the last two times, but the drop rates are NOT broken.

Maybe not the drop rates, but the spawn(finding a LE) rates are terrible.

Spending 10-11mil gold and only hitting the LE 20-25 times ... How is there nothing wrong with that? Keep the drop rate low, increase the spawn rate please!

#44 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:24

Looking forward to see setups with the new sets

#45 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:52

Maybe not the drop rates, but the spawn(finding a LE) rates are terrible.

Spending 10-11mil gold and only hitting the LE 20-25 times ... How is there nothing wrong with that? Keep the drop rate low, increase the spawn rate please!

There's too much other "effluent" in the caves now, shall we say...

There needs to be either (ideally) a 3rd cave, just for the specials (at a higher fee of course) or some sort of sliding scale that, the more you spend per scavenge the more likely you are to get the creature you want ...

Let me try to rephrase that ...

Have the "dross" monsters as the first tier - sneak and others, available for 5-10k / scavenge at 100% chance of them appearing

Have the 2nd tier monsters available for 10-15k / scavenge and they will appear, say, 50% of the time whilst the dross takes up the 50%

Have the 3rd tier monsters available for 15-20k / scavenge and they will appear, say, 40% of the time, with tier 2 at 30% and tier 1 at 30%

Have a 4th tier monster, available for 20-25k / scavenge and they appear 40% of the time, with tier 3 at 30%, tier 2 at 30% and tier 1 not appearing at all.

Each higher tier does the same as tier 4 - so, for instance, a tier 6 monster would have :-

Tier 6 - 40% of finding
Tier 5 - 30% of finding
Tier 4 - 30% of finding
Tier 3 - don't appear at all
Tier 2 - don't appear at all
Tier 1 - don't appear at all

My 2c

#46 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:18

820 set = worst slot selection. Weapon, ring, rune would have been better. or weapon, rune, amulet.

#47 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:38

There needs to be either (ideally) a 3rd cave, just for the specials (at a higher fee of course) or some sort of sliding scale that, the more you spend per scavenge the more likely you are to get the creature you want ...

^This would work imo.

#48 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:55

^This would work imo.

+1

I very much like that idea.

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#49 subito

subito

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:11

You fixed the drop rate in caves ? before i waste an FI1000 :P

WHY PLAYERS CRY ALL THE TIME ? If was in realms or drop rate highter someone come and say ...it`s not good ,AH will be floded , when rate is small it`s not better , to mutch gold spent for nithing ......BAD IDEEA to chat with players ...enjoy the game or seach on google, can fi found millions of games .

Anyway , if will be something new in caves every week all gold will disappears and that mean low players can change gold for FSP at a good rate .

#50 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:21

Let me try to rephrase that ...

Have the "dross" monsters as the first tier - sneak and others, available for 5-10k / scavenge at 100% chance of them appearing

Have the 2nd tier monsters available for 10-15k / scavenge and they will appear, say, 50% of the time whilst the dross takes up the 50%

Have the 3rd tier monsters available for 15-20k / scavenge and they will appear, say, 40% of the time, with tier 2 at 30% and tier 1 at 30%

Have a 4th tier monster, available for 20-25k / scavenge and they appear 40% of the time, with tier 3 at 30%, tier 2 at 30% and tier 1 not appearing at all.

Each higher tier does the same as tier 4 - so, for instance, a tier 6 monster would have :-

Tier 6 - 40% of finding
Tier 5 - 30% of finding
Tier 4 - 30% of finding
Tier 3 - don't appear at all
Tier 2 - don't appear at all
Tier 1 - don't appear at all

My 2c

I mentioned this over a year and a half ago Pard......... I got pretty much laughed off the forum. There needs to be some kind of separation in the monsters, if i spend 20k (ex.) in the caves per combat, i should not encounter the creatures you would see if i spent 1 gold. something like this.....

1-5000 gold
5001-10000 gold
10001-15000 gold
15001-20000 gold
and so on. basically the same as your tier idea. But like i said i got so much negative feedback the last time i brought this up that i gave up almost the same day i posted it. I really do hate being negative on the forums (though anyone who knows me, knows i b***h about everything lol) but sadly, HCS is giving me a constant stream of stuff to be pissy about in the last say, 3 years.........

#51 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:41

:P think that the caves are ok those who complain about just stay out it :mrgreen:

#52 RobM

RobM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:42

If someone could be so kind as to posting the drops up that would be more appreciated.
I speak for many :D

The many voices in your head eh? LOL

but +1 please

#53 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:10

Stuff that makes sense

Similar stuff that makes sense

I always did wonder why I had to encounter 1 gold critters, if I tossed 20K+ gold in the caves - especially since there is no way to rip the head of "the guide" and stuff the useless drop down his neck.
As someone said somewhere in this thread; The droprate calculations are a fine balance... and lately it seems that balance has become twisted into be more about just making gold vanish.
At the gold required to get just one luck roll for a drop, it does leave out those, who do not hold a fortune in bank, and/or cannot afford to buy gold for fsp. Are you forgetting about the little guy HCS?

:P think that the caves are ok those who complain about just stay out it :mrgreen:

Everyone likes a good rear, not all feel the need to shovel their nose in it though :roll:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#54 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:20

Personally, I would prefer low spawn rate / okay drop rate in the realms COMPARED to the cave LE events. I don't see it being profitable cows.

I think if you ran a poll in-game, more people would want realm events over cave events. Most people don't have 10M, 20M or 100M gold to blow on these events. just saying ..

#55 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:23

I don't care that the drop rate is very low - what I do care about is having to throw away 2/3 (or whatever) of the scavenged gold BEFORE I even get a sniff of the very low drop rate - hence the suggestion for a tiered system....

#56 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:26

A shield/rune set is far more needed in the 525-700 range if anything. Not gonna complain about it tho as these are the first new sets that are not near EOC in a while.

I still think you should make 20 or so elite/rare sets 2 and 3 items and release them on champion creatures. Rare/elite sets from the 300's to the 900's are pretty useless for the most part. Would balance the ranges out without having to load up on LE sets.

Good suggestion. I think having useful unique and rare sets would be a nice mini-update.

#57 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:26

Personally, I would prefer low spawn rate / okay drop rate in the realms COMPARED to the cave LE events. I don't see it being profitable cows.

I think if you ran a poll in-game, more people would want realm events over cave events. Most people don't have 10M, 20M or 100M gold to blow on these events. just saying ..

Or even a low spawn rate/decent drop rate in caves. 5-10% spawn rate. 10-20% drop rate. I would think its more disheartening to see it 50x and no drops, than to see it 10 with 2 drops.

#58 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:29

Hate to complain here, but why is it that nowadays most new and cool legendaries are released in the scavenging caves and not in realms?? Not everyone has hundreds of millions of gold in their banks to throw at those crappy caves (and yes, lets not deny that the caves are complete rubbish, both for drop rate and appearances of LE). Just leaves the cool, newer stuff to be monopolized by the big spenders... it's BS tbh, would have loved a chance to try for that 820 set, but I can't afford to and more than likely won't be able to afford a set from the AH... I'd love to see more REALM LE's where the poor buggers like myself can have a chance at farming some new gear, like in the past.

Nice Legendary designs though, just a shame these scavenging LE's seem to be exclusive to the rich and the poorer guys are left out as usual.

theses two sets plus the 1600 one recently are from the winners of the global event and was aimed for the caves all along heck the 820 set was the one i did but i dont have the gold for the caves i got cleaned out on the 1600 one other week

That's all well and good Hades, congrats on the global event win and very nice design on the new 820 LE, I'm just annoyed that once again this event seems aimed at big spenders and the little guys can get lost, seems to be a growing trend here that it's now "pay 2 play" for anything good and HCS wonders why it's player base decreases. I'm fully entitled to my opinion here and people are fully entitled to disagree.

My point kinda proves itself when the first 820 LE piece is in the AH for 200 FSP minimum bid lol. Shameful if you ask me.

The reason new sets go for a lot initially is hype. Even if they went for less FSP, someone would buy them up and merchant them for more.

Secondly, the caves are rubbish as many have stated and the ratio of gold spent to number of LE spawns seen is way too low. Factor in that the drop rate isn't good on LEs and you might get lucky to get a few pieces of these sets.

Third, your not going to break even on scavenging, otherwise whats the point. So they charge a percentage increase / mark-up on them.

Advantages of these Cave Events: Cheaper MP prices + cheaper scavenging potions. so enjoy that if you don't have enough gold to get the gear.

#59 allkill12

allkill12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:34

i have spent 40fsp on the caves for this event and nothing drops, the drop rates really sucks, here is what i think ....

they do these kind of events out of the blue to regain fsp that everyone buy's from them when the specials comes

then they drop the drop rate down more so we spend more to get the items .... so when we do the caves right away ....we are like throwing our hard earn fsp/gold back at the people who makes the game ...... getting completely ripped off by the game makers thanks to the very low drop rate so there for they are remaking the fsp/gold for doing this and we hardly get any of the LE drops

#60 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:43

Summary of this thread: Stop doing Scavenging LE events (or rarely) and do Realm LE events. People would rather kill an LE 1000 times and get a few drops than never seeing the LE and getting 0 drops. In essence, you control the drop rate, so I don't see why realm events are not used more.

Perhaps you need to add some more AH Special potions for a gold sink? As much as I love Potion Bazaar, perhaps it needs to be closed 6 days a week, :) . Would make the AH special potions worth dropping some gold on.

More gold upgrades is another idea for getting a gold sink.

Releasing more PvP friendly buffs is yet another way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: