#41 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 23:19

Some nice ideas and are pretty cool but,,,

I had hoped for gear, will get into cost vs benefit later, pots are a one shot and unless was something worth locking up is once again selling chests short!

I hoped this change would fix chests! By their nature a chest is something used to protect and secure something of worth. Please keep this in mind and the fact that keys cost 250k-10M!!!  Gold sinks aside the item within should be worth more than the key to open it.

Also please consider the scope of its finding! How many have said they have never found one? Even if you tweak the spawn rates its still a major find to run across one! Please consider that a player could spend 5000 stam looking for a chest and not find one but could spend 5000 stam SE hunting and chances are get a couple kills and at least one drop. Chests arent hunted because theres no 100% for sure area to look. Chest rewards should be like SE rewards and worth an applicable amount.

As touched on above please consider the items inside along with key cost! At 250k-10mil the current items are totally not worth it and people only open for medal ticks, please make the items inside comparative to tossing that same amount into a cave where you (during a LE cave event) have a fine chance at one or several LE items especially for the 10mil!! Please put the best item in the crystal chest too.

Finally please consider gear items along with the pots! I suggested a while back to make the 2nd half of sets out of the first batch,, with a set bonus, set based buffs, and tweaked stats it would not only make new chests worth more but the old parts as well!

Edited by watagashi, 08 February 2014 - 23:29.

#42 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 23:46

Why don't you guys add these types of potions to revitalize other aspects of the game as well?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#43 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 February 2014 - 00:54

Dang Grendel, why not ask for an Easy Button to be installed on every level? Maybe the game "Isn't as fun as it used to be" cause the game is getting too easy. No more gear, please. Let's fix the stuff on the roadmap without add-ons. Stick to the script mate.
DP
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#44 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:34

Would it be possible to add a new buff similar to Quest Finder but with Chests? It could turn the map background Red to alert that a chest is somewhere on this map. Players would still have to walk around the entire map to find it, but at least this way people can find them as they walk from realm to realm.

I can't help but wonder how many chests people have walked by because they used the Auto-Walk feature on the new map to go from staircase to staircase. If the buff is a low enough level, you probably don't even need to increase the spawn rates.

+1

The chests need to spawn slightly more often and the cost to open them needs to go down. Although I have plenty of loyalty rewards others don't.

#45 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:13

You don't want it to be too easy to get awesome pots. find chest/buy key/get awesome potion.. seems a little too easy. ^_^

Maybe create a chest that changes it's location in the area it is in constantly and only stops moving when a player lands on it's square. (changing the page or moving off the square will let it move again) that way, there's more of a game of chance.

Imagine a chest moving all around in Xinderoth...  :mellow: ...  :D ...  :angry: ...  :P lol. 

Edited by Devilo, 09 February 2014 - 03:18.

#46 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:44

You don't want it to be too easy to get awesome pots. find chest/buy key/get awesome potion.. seems a little too easy. ^_^

Maybe create a chest that changes it's location in the area it is in constantly and only stops moving when a player lands on it's square. (changing the page or moving off the square will let it move again) that way, there's more of a game of chance.

Imagine a chest moving all around in Xinderoth...  :mellow: ...  :D ...  :angry: ...  :P lol. 

Or  a new chest such as a "Cursed Ancients Chest" where rather than buy a key to open it you have to attack it/ smash the chest.. And your attack intitiates  a battle vs a  random opponent who is locked inside the chest protecting the reward. You could smash the chest and face a level 1 creature  or level 1900 plus either way ... there is a random risk to get your reward.

Lots of ways you could play around with this ,such as:

1.If you are defeated the chest possibly disapears.( spawning in another location)

2.Allow group attacks.( make a guild achievment for chests opened as a group rather than  individual)

3.Allow the chest to be carried in ones back pack ( chest could be sold .. item bound? or not)

4.Provide a warning to an individual , warning them of possible XP/ levels lost etc if defeated. ( by random creature) Which could be massive .. say a level 300 smashes a chest and loses to say a level 1300 creature.

Edited by bloody18, 09 February 2014 - 10:26.

#47 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:52

Okay.

That's something Hoofmaster and I have been considering, yes.

I myself found 2 chests, 1st used bronze key and 2nd silver key.  Both were found while I was farming for frags...not hunting :D So, if there are uber potions in them, maybe tweak the spawn rate a little but not  much...keep the value of the new pots up in AH and price paid for scouts that sell treasure chests :D   

Edited by WandKing, 09 February 2014 - 06:53.

#48 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:07

I've been lucky enough to find 5 since they came out - but yes, I'd love to see the spawn rate increased somewhat.

I agree that the alchemy chest should remain unaltered - that's the only item in the existing chests of any use / value

What I'd like to see is chests that have contents that could be "A" or "B" or "C" - and you only actually discover what it is when you open it. Perhaps make :-

"A" a mediocre potion, "B" an average potion and "C" a good potion - with the better potions, obviously, being in the more expensive chest

or, even add a "D" which is a random amount of fragments, for composing...

Edited by Pardoux, 09 February 2014 - 09:07.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#49 radon23

radon23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:41

hi. i appreciate the intent to improve the chests system, that has been a marginal aspect of the game except for those who have used lots of fsp to do the chests medals. however i dont think to put in game few potions, above all for pvp or bounty, will change the chests market, if potions or items in the chests will not be really useful.

#50 rush0

rush0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 February 2014 - 17:23

Hello all, personally i think there are way too many potions in this game already (290), and the spawn rate or amount of chests out there is clearly too low, i have not ever found any. Maybe add some chests to the Arena or something ?

#51 Marcus219

Marcus219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 18:16

As for the potions

even you are looking for a gold sink, i prefer a potion for merchant and treasure hunter above 175

second,

leave the (old) chest as they where, but you can use other things like (hidden) pounches or barrels or  holes, where items are hidden in. You will need resources, like a scissor to open the pounches or a crowbar to open the barrel or a torch to see into the holes. Resources can be made by inventing or killing monsters. Or if you want to make it bigger, you can have some special places, like a temple or blacksmith or alchemist in some realms, where you have to go to, to get certain items. This could be per x level. So a barrel level 100 you must go to a blacksmit level 100. Barel 500, blacksmith 500.  Like praying in a temple (cost gold/fsp) gives an item to open something. Blachsmith, you pay for a scissor. The idea is that you have to walk back. some restrictions in how many items you can buy would be fine (like each time you buy 1 item, price will raise).  

Keep up the good work HCS!! :)

#52 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 20:59

Hmmmmm.  I have to agree with Grendel, unless you have unlimited funds, what you get for your key fee doesn't come close to being equal with what comes out of the chest.  That part at least is easily solved.   As for making the spawn rate higher, I would give a definite maybe.  By their nature the chests are supposed to be rare (I've found three, all by chance) that's why the medals are so rare, and I'd like to see them stay that way.  We don't need to have every aspect of the game handed to us.  As for adding pouches and the like, needing special stuff to open them, sounds intriguing.  My favorite is having a random critter jump out of the chest and attack you!  Not only does that make a good gold/fsp sink in players buffing themselves up to the gills, just to make sure you can survive the opening, but theres the chance that after they do, a rat pops out :blink:

I think we maybe on to something here......keep those cards and letters coming in!

#53 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 21:13

My favorite is having a random critter jump out of the chest and attack you!  Not only does that make a good gold/fsp sink in players buffing themselves up to the gills, just to make sure you can survive the opening, but theres the chance that after they do, a rat pops out :blink:

I think we maybe on to something here......keep those cards and letters coming in!

LOL - sounds like fun, but IF I had used ~ 42 dots to open a Crystal Chest, dang I'd be annoyed if I got killed, though I'd probably be laughing too.  Cool idea Tastria :)

#54 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 21:15

Or  a new chest such as a "Cursed Ancients Chest" where rather than buy a key to open it you have to attack it/ smash the chest.. And your attack intitiates  a battle vs a  random opponent who is locked inside the chest protecting the reward. You could smash the chest and face a level 1 creature  or level 1900 plus either way ... there is a random risk to get your reward.

Lots of ways you could play around with this ,such as:

1.If you are defeated the chest possibly disapears.( spawning in another location)

2.Allow group attacks.( make a guild achievment for chests opened as a group rather than  individual)

3.Allow the chest to be carried in ones back pack ( chest could be sold .. item bound? or not)

4.Provide a warning to an individual , warning them of possible XP/ levels lost etc if defeated. ( by random creature) Which could be massive .. say a level 300 smashes a chest and loses to say a level 1300 creature.

Maybe I should read oldest first, then down, not in reverse.  

Seeing the idea of the random critter expanded -- I really like it.  Very cool and fun!  Cool idea and nicely developed Bloody!

Edited by BraveKath, 09 February 2014 - 21:16.

#55 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 21:22

I have suggested this a few times .. but I would like to see a chest finder potion or buff. It would indicate if a chest is within a few maps of your current map. The higher the level of the potion / buff, the more precise the notification on where the chest is. 

I'm leaning more towards potion only ... possibly as a chest reward?

This just seems to make it too easy - maybe just me.  I would just like to see a few more pop.  I guess compromise, if the coloring affected that entire realm map.  So if there is a chest within a particular realm all the maps in that realm would light up - then you might end up with people racing around a bit to find it first as more likely to have multiple people on a realm map than on one map.  Tweaks it a bit to increase the challenge, but again just having the pop rate increased a bit (not go all crazy  being rare is still a good thing) would be cool.  

#56 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 22:12

Hey there Everyone.

We're working on a dozen new potions that will be added to the existing chests that spawn in the Realm. We're looking for feedback regarding the ones that we have in place thus far and we're looking for suggestions regard other possible potions.

Thus far we have : 

Draft of the Revenant Hunter :

Stalker and Necrosis, 250, 120 minutes.

Sundering Brew : 

Shatter Armor and Undermine, 250, 60 minutes.

Brew of the Buff Thief :

Spell Breaker and Spell Leech, 250, 60 minutes.

Draft of Healthy Aggression : 

Chi Strike 750 and Ageless 500, 90 minutes.

Potion of Enchantment : 

All Enchant item buffs. 175, 120 minutes.

Potion of Tenacity : 

Anti Deflect 400, 120 minutes.

Thoughts? Chests these could go into? 

Other potion ideas?

~ The Fallen Sword Team

I have been pvping since I joined this game. There is a special buff I am sure many would really enjoy seeing - Please do not flame me for my idea/s neither.

I would really love to see a buff that would allow me to attack a player more then once within the hr. - Could be a super rare buff what not but something that would allow me to attack once - then in say 20 seconds maybe a 1 minute at most be able to attack again. That would be super awesome !!

Another idea is something please that would promise a Master Thief 100% - People would drool for such a buff =)

Other ideas for super rare buffs would be a sexy Brew Master say 350 or 400 would be nice - or you could apply a super Keen Edge buff same numbers or Dark curse - many would enjoy such

#57 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 22:41

If it were me running the game, I would scrap the levels of keys altogether. Just make one key that costs 500k gold or 100 loyalty tokens and it opens all chests. You can keep the names of the chests, but randomize their contents.

#58 Elincia

Elincia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 00:08

We need more chests in the game, there's hardly anybody online as there is, it should be more spread out by levels, 0 to 100, 101-200, 201-300..,etc. that would make it more fair and more likely to find a chest while hunting.

#59 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:13

I would love to see new loyalty potions.  Potions that can only be bought using loyalty points like the chest potions.  I only use a few of the loyalty pots and my points keep climbing.

Edited by justinian9, 10 February 2014 - 07:14.

#60 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:54

I would love to see new loyalty potions.  Potions that can only be bought using loyalty points like the chest potions.  I only use a few of the loyalty pots and my points keep climbing.

This was brought up by Hoof ages ago - and the post-it note seems to have fallen off the monitor ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: