• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#41 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:28

Ooh, good idea Belaric. Relic-sitting is more beneficial than relic defending. Getting people to sit on them is most of the battle.

So my suggestion is to change the medal from relic defense (measured by winning incoming capture attempts) to relic defense (measured by hours spent on a guild-controlled relic). Let's say:

• Bronze: 168 hours (7 days)
  • Silver: 720 hours (30 days)
  • Gold: 1440 hours (60 days)
  • Crystal: 2160 hours (90 days)
  • Ruby: 4320 hours (180 days)
  • Diamond: 8760 hours (365 days)

Edit: forgot Diamond tier and got Ruby/Crystal mixed up

Edited by kalish, 21 February 2014 - 16:31.

#42 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:45

Ooh, good idea Belaric. Relic-sitting is more beneficial than relic defending. Getting people to sit on them is most of the battle.

So my suggestion is to change the medal from relic defense (measured by winning incoming capture attempts) to relic defense (measured by hours spent on a guild-controlled relic). Let's say:

• Bronze: 168 hours (7 days)
  • Silver: 720 hours (30 days)
  • Gold: 1440 hours (60 days)
  • Crystal: 2160 hours (90 days)
  • Ruby: 4320 hours (180 days)
  • Diamond: 8760 hours (365 days)

Edit: forgot Diamond tier and got Ruby/Crystal mixed up

only 1 year for diamond? easy

bronze=14days,

silver= 1month,

gold= 6months,

crystal=1year,

diamond=100YEAR.

#43 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:13

nice work :)

how about a FSP's Sale now so i can buy me some Yummy Purple Dots :P lol

#44 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:20

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. You can buff everyone doubler 26, then doubler 27, then doubler 28... if you have the stam to burn and a desperate desire for the medal.

THAT is why no rewards for medals.

Agreed - I think medals should be seen more as a personal achievement.

#45 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:20

bronze=14days,

silver= 1month,

gold= 6months,

crystal=1year,

diamond=100YEAR.

LOL!

I'd just like to say that the medal for duration gets around

A) relic hit swapping for an attack based medal - as to hold a relic you MUST have taken it at least once, attack is required!

2) hiring an incompetent attacker to rack up successful defences - as to hold a relic for any time you must have reasonable defences. Or at least have warm bodies on the relic for quick retakes. I think basing the medal on successful defences will mean it will take a LONG time to accumulate - which is fine if that still seems like the best way to go.

The defences based medal as it currently exists may well show us how static the relic market has become, in truth. I think I'd prefer a duration based one.

No-one gets any points for having a relic with no defenders on it in either system - people have to be there.

Again - holding a relic implies both attack and defence. Having a time based medal to show individuals contributing to that effort would be good.

Slightly less duration than 100 years for diamond would be nice.

Edited by Belaric, 21 February 2014 - 17:26.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#46 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:21

People buffing pointless unnecessary buffs and creating groups to kill rats.

Congrats cows, another pointless implementation with zero thought that most folks are going to spend the bare minimum effort in a meaningless way to earn just so they have more useless brass to show.

Guess you are taking your medal inspiration from American Schools now where kids are awarded for coming 12th out of 12 kids as an achievement.

Why spend time making constructive changes that improve game play when we can all go around chest thumping non-achievements.

#47 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:21

bronze=14days,

silver= 1month,

gold= 6months,

crystal=1year,

diamond=100YEAR.

Sure, the durations can be tweaked. It was just a framework. Maybe have the durations equal the guild loyalty ones.

The key is to have hourly ticks rather than daily. With daily ticks you could just relic-sit for 5 minutes at the right time and get credit for the full day without really helping your guild. Conversely, you could relic-sit all day except for those 5 minutes and lose credit for it.

#48 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:36

See my comment on this earlier in the thread :)

Well i'm going to cheat the medal then because theoretically i should almost have ruby :).

#49 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 February 2014 - 17:53

Sorry , but I really dislike these medals. Theres no reason to just pump out lame medals like this, 1 or 2 well thought out additions to medals are fine (or none even!).

Guild Treasurer : lame , just use bank depos for guild, this should be removed

Team Player: lame, make group, join group, disban group, repeat: a simple stamina consumption medal.

Guild Bolster: I dont see this as a cool medal at all. Maybe if it was only level 800+ buffs with 20+ stamina usage. But again, its just another stamina consumption medal that can be farmed.

Defender of the Realm Bronze  : There are already so many  relics in the game that any medal that relic based is going to be lame, if this was altered to a a way that would actually represent something that is medal worthy it would be completely unfair to smaller guilds.

Summary: Lame stamina consumption medals, and a bank depo user. Lets have a vote on removing these, so boring.

#50 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 18:00

Sorry , but I really dislike these medals. Theres no reason to just pump out lame medals like this, 1 or 2 well thought out additions to medals are fine (or none even!).

Guild Treasurer : lame , just use bank depos for guild, this should be removed

Team Player: lame, make group, join group, disban group, repeat: a simple stamina consumption medal.

Guild Bolster: I dont see this as a cool medal at all. Maybe if it was only level 800+ buffs with 20+ stamina usage. But again, its just another stamina consumption medal that can be farmed.

Defender of the Realm Bronze  : There are already so many  relics in the game that any medal that relic based is going to be lame, if this was altered to a a way that would actually represent something that is medal worthy it would be completely unfair to smaller guilds.

Summary: Lame stamina consumption medals, and a bank depo user. Lets have a vote on removing these, so boring.

If we're going to have a vote, I vote to keep them. They may not do much good in your opinion, but what is the harm of having them? Why get up in arms over other players "farming" for something that you assign no value to?

#51 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 18:13

Why are so many upset about this update? This causes no one any pain in the game.

A medal for depositing gold into a bank - Casting butts - Joining Groups - Defending Relics?

Ok and people feel this game breaking why?

This is a beautiful thing - a medal for Depositing gold into our guild bank would take me a lifetime to get but that's fine. Can it be abused ? Most things in life can be used for good or then for bad, let's not blame Hoof on this. I think the devs are inspiring some constructive team work here. I don't think it should matter what the size of the dep is seriously from 1gold to 1million gold its a thought - it's an attempt to help - regardless the intent.

Much of the same can and SHOULD be said for - Casting buffs - Joining groups - I even like the Defending Relics idea as it's currently written.  Yes, much of these can be abused for those that feel the need to cheat the system - However the majority I doubt will go as far. On the subject of relics - I've seen so many that sit there on them - I've seen wars over them - and people battle for them - It's my suggestion to leave all of these as is. I also feel Hoof did a good job and got this out for the public and should be thanked for hard work.

Thank you Hoof

- Chazz

#52 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 18:14

By the way, in case you haven't noticed we updated the Development Roadmap today as this was the current task on it. Next on the list is changing Gold Upgrades so they reset a midnight (Server Time).

You can check out the current roadmap here:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=59035

#53 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 18:18

Sad to say really these medals are a JOKE........

#54 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2014 - 18:50

So you can just pay someone to strip off all their gear and constantly attack your relic and fail? If I remember right, if someone fails to take a relic they can try again immediately.

We'll have diamond by tomorrow!

and friends will have their Team Player medals

#55 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:04

It's based on each successful defense of a relic - ie. when another guild tries to take it but isn't successful, all the defenders gain a point towards their medal.

very easy to abuse this one is

#56 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:06

For those that don't like these new medals: Just don't bother with them. 

The obtaining of these won't cause any harm to any person or animal, and none of you will lose your gold or xp due to people going after these, and noone will have to spend any money getting them, so what's the problem really?

Some say they're a joke... so why not just laugh then? Why get upset? Jokes are supposed to be amusing anyway.

Personally, I am a bit eager to get mine, since I like shiny stuff and they're shiny. lol

og3DxyP.gif

#57 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:14

Why aren't the main defenders of the relic getting credit boats has been not getting credit for defending the relic? For some reason i think the main defenders dont get credit.

#58 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:18

Am I the only 1 who thought the guild medals were going to display on the guild manage page to show the achievements of a guild and not be more individual medals?

Also on the medals some are way to easy to manipulate and achieve.

I like the idea of defending a controlled relic for a specific time vs how it is.

I also think there should be a minimum amount of gold deposited to qualify towards the medal (whatever 1 hour of upkeep cost for all your guilds structures)

#59 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:30

I also think there should be a minimum amount of gold deposited to qualify towards the medal (whatever 1 hour of upkeep cost for all your guilds structures)

We thought of that, but then you could just take out the gold of the guild bank and deposit it again so I don't think it would make any difference.

I think people will always try to find ways to get medals easier, but since they don't give any reward I don't think its an issue really. If you don't like them - just ignore them. Think of them as personal achievements to work towards :)

#60 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:40

Am I the only 1 who thought the guild medals were going to display on the guild manage page to show the achievements of a guild and not be more individual medals?

Also on the medals some are way to easy to manipulate and achieve.

I like the idea of defending a controlled relic for a specific time vs how it is.

I dunno Leos, of course it "can" be done, but with bank deposits one of the limited assets, I don't think it will be abused much.  Certainly not as much as some of the other medals.  I think that most folk will be able to tell who gets their medals legitimately just by looking at the next posting of the medal awards. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: