Photo

Old Arena System ( 2008 Style ) + Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Old Arena System ( gold + item tournaments ) (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the Old Arena System to be brought back to FS?

1. Yes! I tell you... (27 votes [79.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.41%

2. No! Let me tell you why... (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. I have never experienced the Gold and Item tournaments... (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 w3s4rhy

w3s4rhy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 18:24

I don't even watch my stam grow its been max stam for about... 3 months? 

i keep trying to get a cow to notice this..months later still nothing..i am same way..used to be very active arena player..now check in 1-2 times a day for crumbs..nothing to join...nothing to do..watch the stam grow

We're pretty much the same person except I don't even check in anymore, nor do i watch my stam grow because its been max stam for probably 3+ months lol

#42 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 March 2015 - 18:32

Arena spawns are supposed to be random. Is anybody tracking the spawn rates, per se? Yoda, maybe?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#43 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 20:44

i keep trying to get a cow to notice this..months later still nothing..i am same way..used to be very active arena player..now check in 1-2 times a day for crumbs..nothing to join...nothing to do..watch the stam grow

They definitely know something is wrong and the vote is very obvious. It is not like they dont care too much about it, but the problem is I think that FS doesn't have a real coder to my knowledge, i may be wrong. BG is the game admin; as far as I know he doesn't code but plans the events and stuff. I rarely see anyone else of the HCS team other than him.

The game needs more attention but HCS own so many other games that also need attention. I am not a coder, i dont know how much time it takes to fix some thing here and there. Maybe it takes a lot of time, so a fulltime coder would be great for FS, but i dont see this happening. I guess we just got to wait a few more months or years until the guy that codes can find some time to do that. 

#44 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2015 - 22:06

They definitely know something is wrong and the vote is very obvious. It is not like they dont care too much about it, but the problem is I think that FS doesn't have a real coder to my knowledge, i may be wrong. BG is the game admin; as far as I know he doesn't code but plans the events and stuff. I rarely see anyone else of the HCS team other than him.

The game needs more attention but HCS own so many other games that also need attention. I am not a coder, i dont know how much time it takes to fix some thing here and there. Maybe it takes a lot of time, so a fulltime coder would be great for FS, but i dont see this happening. I guess we just got to wait a few more months or years until the guy that codes can find some time to do that. 

BG isn't a coder, no.

Hoof is busy on the mobile interface ..

Mojawk posted this thread back in early Jan https://forums.hunte...h-january-2015/but seems to have disappeared again, for the most part :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#45 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2015 - 21:57

I think it would be fine to re-add arenas that have gold as a prize so I'd say yes to this.

The main reason the tokens were added however were due to some arenas stagnating due to the item no longer being desirable. If we re-added items as rewards what would prevent this from happening again? I guess if we made it so only consumable items (ie. potions) appeared and the only way to get those would be to win that may work. Open to ideas on this though :)

• WYB likes this

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 00:42

I think it would be fine to re-add arenas that have gold as a prize so I'd say yes to this.

The main reason the tokens were added however were due to some arenas stagnating due to the item no longer being desirable. If we re-added items as rewards what would prevent this from happening again? I guess if we made it so only consumable items (ie. potions) appeared and the only way to get those would be to win that may work. Open to ideas on this though :)

Maybe spice up arena potions aswell...Maybe keep the original potions from tokens but add in an upgraded tier of the potions to be won like before. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 August 2015 - 00:43.

#47 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:18

We're going to look at getting PvP Arenas that have gold as a prize added to the game today :)

#48 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:20

We're going to look at getting PvP Arenas that have gold as a prize added to the game today :)

Model it after the first gold arenas 2m gold per win :)

#49 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:29

Model it after the first gold arenas 2m gold per win :)

We'll have a variety of amounts :)

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:29

We'll have a variety of amounts :)

close to that?  :P

#51 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:53

We have added new PvP Arena's with a gold prize now :)

https://forums.hunte...77-update-v284/

#52 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:22

Maybe spice up arena potions aswell...Maybe keep the original potions from tokens but add in an upgraded tier of the potions to be won like before. 

bingo...new tier of prizes, potions..maybe small amounts of reserve stam (like 10-50), anything to help speed up arena..and have us play for them..not buy them..

#53 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:23

bingo...new tier of prizes, potions..maybe small amounts of reserve stam (like 10-50), anything to help speed up arena..and have us play for them..not buy them..

Just take the same item and add a few levels to the skills inside...maybe change the splash a tad.

#54 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 17:03

I would do arena more if I had a clue. I join every level 0 arena. At least then I have a chance ;)

#55 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 23:17

Hoof...I personally want to thank you and HCS for intermixing Token and Gold Arenas...THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO SEE :D now I am fully and completely happy with the Arena once again!!!!!!

#56 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 15:57

yes..for those that dont understand why the gold tourneys have made many arena players so extremely happy- simple- arena has some FUN !!! again in it...no fun playing for tokens ( automatic eventual win) get what you want..kiddie arcade, where no matter what your score is you get tickets for that plastic kazoo..fun is playing to win something..i can remember winning things like bothild fire stones, well read pots..brewers pots.other great pots, 2mil gold,  and dancing up a storm in the library ( they thought i was nuts) when i would win one of these prizes..massive enjoyment..got me addicted to arena and many others..token arena = zero fun..i can remember waking up close to every hr checking in on arena to make sure i did not miss a chance at my level to win one of those prizes..all that is gone..never to come back , unless arena is changed again for the better- I.E - PLAYING FOR PRIZES AGAIN !!

Edited by yodamus, 22 August 2015 - 15:58.

#57 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 16:06

What happened to raising arena to 50% guildmate limit :P

#58 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2015 - 19:07

What happened to raising arena to 50% guildmate limit :P

Will look to get that changed in the next code update :)

#59 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:22

Will look to get that changed in the next code update :)

Please no, you guys have already stated many times it won't be changed from the 25% it is now...there's no reason to change it, it's absolutely fine the way it is. Please don't ruin it for the people who actually enjoy it for the fun that it is.

#60 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:37

Please no, you guys have already stated many times it won't be changed from the 25% it is now...there's no reason to change it, it's absolutely fine the way it is. Please don't ruin it for the people who actually enjoy it for the fun that it is.

I didn't realise anyone was against us changing it to be honest. We could put an in-game poll on it if others also would prefer it stayed at 25%?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: