Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 September 2015 - 13:24

Still does not explain why the critters stats should be adjusted. As far as I can tell most people play to level up. Since there are so many levels and it takes so long to advance, I do not see the problem, even if HCS wants us all to do other things aswell. 

The big issue is, levelling is cheap compared to most other parts of the game. Most players who's first priority is to level, are not going to get into PvP that much as that will hamper their initial goal.

The goal would be to create more diversity in this game with more things to do, rather than mess with the critter's stats.

I agree that most players play this game to level up - I think that was the overall intent of the game (level up and participate in other areas if you'd like). However, leveling is way too easy outside of the stamina limit. Really, there aren't many levels that you can't 1-hit anymore. Play this game years ago (I know it's nostalgic), you were trying to calculate the right way to 2-hit monsters without dying. 

That is probably part of the reason I've started to move away from hunting - it's too easy and too boring. There is no calculation anymore really with the stats that a player can get. It's essentially throwing on a hunting set that really doesn't need to be updated for hundreds of levels, putting on some potions, and swinging away without looking at stats. 

At least with other areas there is competition - titan hunting, PVP, etc. That is the bigger reason why PVP is more expensive - there's actually competition and others usually trying. 

#42 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 September 2015 - 13:28

C'mon guys. Stay on topic please. :)

Hi Grim,

I do think part of what Zizz and Morg are talking about are on-topic. Really, I don't think there would really be much of a down-turn in the cave potions with the RP packs. I don't really think there is a huge need to "increase" the buffs, as you're still able to get the value of those buffs higher with distil. You cannot do that with the RP packs.

As Zizz said, hunting is a part of this game that needs more challenge. It's extremely easy to 1-hit 99% of the monsters, especially now that the composing potions have been introduced. The bigger piece is that most stat increasing items are really just making PVP more difficult and more expensive, as players who really want to compete will continually need to use the highest level pots. 

Maybe it would be something to possible discuss amongst yourselves, but creature stat adjustments may be something that may help the game in the hunting/farming type of area. 

#43 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 17:21

One last comment on the matter, before BG hits me with his ban stick :P

I agree that levelling by itself is to easy. I also grew up in the days that I was happy to be able to 2 hit, and sometimes even 3 hit. But same goes for the availability of gear these days. Back in the day I could not even afford the plague set. 

Initially I thought Zizz meant that for more seasoned players levelling was harder than for the newer players. I thought his comments were based on that thought, hence my replies on it. Now that I read Kedyn's post I realize I may have got it that wrong, so perhaps we even agree on the matter. :)

I will keep quiet now. :P

#44 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 22:01

Perhaps, but it could be that they go for as much as they are rarely created. Perhaps a wee boost would help re-invigorate Inventing as well. There's certainly no harm in looking. :)

Agreed. 

#45 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 22:17

I agree that most players play this game to level up - I think that was the overall intent of the game (level up and participate in other areas if you'd like). However, leveling is way too easy outside of the stamina limit. Really, there aren't many levels that you can't 1-hit anymore. Play this game years ago (I know it's nostalgic), you were trying to calculate the right way to 2-hit monsters without dying.

That is probably part of the reason I've started to move away from hunting - it's too easy and too boring. There is no calculation anymore really with the stats that a player can get. It's essentially throwing on a hunting set that really doesn't need to be updated for hundreds of levels, putting on some potions, and swinging away without looking at stats.

At least with other areas there is competition - titan hunting, PVP, etc. That is the bigger reason why PVP is more expensive - there's actually competition and others usually trying.

Seems contradictory.
On the one hand, leveling is too easy (from your point of view)
On the other hand, "most players play to level up"
On the other other hand, leveling is boring.

I thoroughly enjoy leveling. Most in my guild enjoy it as well. Why do you want to change something "most players" enjoy because you are bored with it?

As you mention there are other aspects if you want more of a challenge but please let me enjoy the game aspect j enjoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: