Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:46

Thanks to everyone who's given feedback on this so far. We'll most likely review the level ranges tomorrow as it does look to be spawning too many low level arenas at the moment (remember you can join these regardless of your AL or VL however - it just determines the max level of equipment that is taken into account.

Also I quite like the idea of the arena token prices being dynamic - we'll give that some thought  :)

If you make it dynamic - please do so in a way where it's not going to matter what timezone you are in - there should be no reason why 3AM EST in the United States stuff is cheaper than 6PM EST in the United States - it should be set at a specific price for a given period of time - such as 24 hours, and then lowered/raised from there. Otherwise, a select few players, who time correctly (just like the marketplace) - can essentially capture the market with token wins. Sure, it might mess up the whole supply/demand principles in some ways, but if you're looking into a dynamic viewpoint, please consider this point.

Edited by Kedyn, 26 June 2014 - 20:47.

#62 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:49

About dynamic item prices:

People who sit with thousands of arena tokens can easily manipulate the AH prices of valuable arena pots by buying said items in bulk (and in effect increasing their token price), then hoarding and vending them at very high prices in the AH.

Indeed - that's why we'd need to give it some though :)

#63 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:59

Here's a suggested plan of action:

Close the shop temporarily

Devalue the current tokens by introducing a new token and a token exchange tool

Implement dynamic pricing on shop items

Reopen the shop with the new token as currency

#64 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:09

Current tokens could be already used dude

Edited by shindrak, 26 June 2014 - 21:09.

#65 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:11

<snip>

Also I quite like the idea of the arena token prices being dynamic - we'll give that some thought smile.png

This idea might sound good at first glance, but i suspect it will only help to line the pockets of a small group that you always see winning the arenas.

Yesterday when the new arena was introduced, i entered 40-50 arenas. Still, the same people that you often saw winning the high value items before the arena change, are now winning most of the arenas again.
This means most of the tokens are in the hands of a few players. The moment such a dynamic system gets introduced, they will be the ones who gobble up all the cheap offers. Eventually the price will be so high, it will not be worth entering tournaments for new arena players. This both because of the high token/item/potion price combined with a low chance of winning for new arena players. We end up with the exact same situation we had before the arena update.
If you lose constantly against the same people you give up sooner or later.

Those in this thread, most outspoken against lower potion/item prices, are not surprisingly those with 2k+ arena wins, who in a large part have been hoarding these new tokens.

The arena should not be about, being a steady income for a few players, but being entertaining for most.

Please no dynamic prices.

If anything, you might consider a cool down, which was already suggested in former threads.

#66 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:16

Current tokens could be already used dude

Yes, but there is too much of them in the system. This needs to get fixed by converting them to a new token at a certain exchange ratio.

Edited by Maj, 26 June 2014 - 21:25.

#67 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:16

Put your brain more if you're going to update

# 640387 Epic lvl 16

# 640451 Epic lvl 41

your game never have epic gear around that level.

#68 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:18

Put your brain more if you're going to update

# 640387 Epic lvl 16

# 640451 Epic lvl 41

your game never have epic gear around that level.

Its all random and besides, will having that box checked have any effect on that arena?

#69 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:28

Its all random and besides, will having that box checked have any effect on that arena?

yeah, it have no effect, but it show me that all randomness is actually showing your laziness.

#70 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:32

split the arena further we have novice  and standard introduce a few more  that can  block or  lower the pay out to players with more wins so more players can gain experience  oo ya one more thing the prices are way too cheap jack them up or limit when they are available and how many will be available so the market will be safe

split the arena further we have novice  and standard introduce a few more  that can  block or  lower the pay out to players with more wins so more players can gain experience  oo ya one more thing the prices are way too cheap jack them up or limit when they are available and how many will be available so the market will be safe

#71 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:35

The prices for combat moves (2 tokens) are still far too cheap. You can buy a lot of moves from a single win.

In the old arena getting your moves was hard work and gave you a feeling of having actually achieved something. In this arena it's enough to be second or third for a few times ... why not give all players full access to all moves then? Or much better: make them more expensive again so that it's a true achievement to get one.

#72 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:36

yeah, it have no effect, but it show me that all randomness is actually showing your laziness.

Yeah, MY laziness is clearly shown here. And I'm glad we agree if has no effect on the arena.

#73 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:42

Yeah, MY laziness is clearly shown here. And I'm glad we agree if has no effect on the arena.

its not your laziness, to be more specific its "their" laziness. get it?

#74 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 21:47

its not your laziness, to be more specific its "their" laziness. get it?

No. This does not show laziness at all, it shows proper planning. If new Epics at lower levels are added.. Oh look! already have the code ready for it. And let me reiterate, it has no effect on the arena. Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

Here's an question for you: Does doing the same thing over and over and over again get boring? Or would you like a little... I don't know... random change to make things exciting and fun?

#75 ludwigo

ludwigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 22:08

I am glad to see arena token system in arena update , glad to see numebr of tournament and entry prices but to be honest this update will kill market at all i eneterd 3 tournaments gained 26tokens so i can buy one item for inventing soon market will be full of resources to invent which will decrease market price value at all INventors , potion brewers and arena players  will not get any profit anymore and in fact in long time period it will make arena boring .....Sry for my opinion but its too easy to earn tokens and buy for them brewers are potion which was worth 30-40fsp before update now it coulf be obtain in one arena win and actual price drop from 40 to 8fsp soon it will be 1-2 fsp before you can find in market 2-3pcs soon 200-300 .I think not a good idea with item prices LF 600 , LIB and CON potions should be valued much more at least

BTW i think dynamic prices will not solve problem one day it will be cheap second day expensive market will be full in both cases if you put in market more than buyers can buy price will drop .Chain effect will come

Edited by ludwigo, 26 June 2014 - 22:15.

#76 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 22:31

somehow i kinda agree with this...but afraid it is to late..we need a time machine to go back to yesterday and NOT OPEN THE STORE, and NOT ALLOW A SERVERLY BROKEN ARENA TO CONTINUE FOR HOURS..it made the hole so deep, that it may be really hard to climb out of....we need a reset from yesterday...close store as soon as possilbe..close arena..make a new token...refund fsps or gold for old tokens..trash all the valueble pots and fire stones that were scooped up and refund those players at least 1 fsp per pot..most got them for 10 tokens each..so 1 fsp is more than they used.. and somehow try to start over..may be to hard to do that..but what else is there to do...thousands of tokens have already been won and already been used to buy those pots or fire stone, since all of those players know prices will change so they bought as many as they could..hoarded them....new token is helpful, but how do you get all the pots back...hundreds of them already bought..again new arena no fun...should go back to items and gold..and have tokens supplement arena for those non-winners, very few tokens and very high prices in the store..like the original arena token thread intended it to be..not this nonsense which now has us all scratching our heads for a solution to a major mess

#77 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 22:48

If there is a system put in place to change potion prices as they are bought could i suggest it on a personal basis, ie you buy a 40 token pot and it goes to say 80 or 160 for the next 24 hours kind of like gold upgrades except price changes.

~Edit 80 or 160 as in double or quadruple and keeps going like that not just a plain 80 or 160 (So 40 at double would go 80 160 320 640 Quadruple would go 40 160 640 2560 etc)

Edited by Reddstarr, 26 June 2014 - 22:49.

#78 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 00:14

I think what HCS should have probably done before they changed the system of rewards, was to improve the matchmaking system first.

Instead of the same people winning all of the arena's, all of the time. There should be a system that categorises a player by their level of skill (Which medal they have achieved) and pits them against similar skilled individuals.

So for instance there would be a complete arena for beginners with all of the lower end rewards and occasionally a few of the higher end. Then once they have earned their bronze medal they would graduate to the arena for 'slightly less rubbish beginners' and only face others who have achieved their bronze medal also. Each 'tier' would have a higher total value of available rewards to give players a sense of true progression.

(Basically a bracket system for the arena, to stop the massacring of the new by the arena pro's that have been doing this for half a decade.)

The only flaw in the system would be the very highest tiers of medals. Which could merely be grouped together until the number of people who have achieved the required amount of wins reaches a respectable and viable amount.

Edited by Mister Doom, 27 June 2014 - 00:15.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#79 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 00:28

I think what HCS should have probably done before they changed the system of rewards, was to improve the matchmaking system first.

Instead of the same people winning all of the arena's, all of the time. There should be a system that categorises a player by their level of skill (Which medal they have achieved) and pits them against similar skilled individuals.

So for instance there would be a complete arena for beginners with all of the lower end rewards and occasionally a few of the higher end. Then once they have earned their bronze medal they would graduate to the arena for 'slightly less rubbish beginners' and only face others who have achieved their bronze medal also. Each 'tier' would have a higher total value of available rewards to give players a sense of true progression.

(Basically a bracket system for the arena, to stop the massacring of the new by the arena pro's that have been doing this for half a decade.)

The only flaw in the system would be the very highest tiers of medals. Which could merely be grouped together until the number of people who have achieved the required amount of wins reaches a respectable and viable amount.

I suggested that a few months ago Shar - or something very similar - and I got shot down in flames by the majority of those arena pro's.

"It'll kill the arena" they said

"New players will never learn" they said

"Don't talk about what you know nothing about" was said

yada yada yada.

Bottom line is, the top players don't want the segregation that tiers would bring in because it will take away a lot of easy wins from them ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#80 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 00:30

similar ideas have been suggested many times in brice's arena improves thread and other threads....but totally ignored..and mainly because all the arena masters rejected the idea, as they want arena all to themselves..plain and simple..they dont want others to win anything, they dont care if only a few players are left doing arena....i am being serious...not sure why the cows always ignore this idea..maybe to hard to code ? not sure..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: