Photo

Game Update v1.2 : The Last Stand

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
230 replies to this topic

#61 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2014 - 16:55

Xero.  Yes a log out and in fixed it.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#62 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 17:36

so I thought we can't get our dungeon daily done in story mode, has that changed? 

its the daily where you get the treasure box and prestige points.  

so I don't know if this was a bug, or what.  not that I minded, I was happy I could actually get it done by going in GC story mode since I seldom get that dungeon daily done.

what was weird is that we went on 2 previous runs but didn't get the daily and the third one it popped up.

I went to help a friend with a few runs though and I'm sure I clicked story mode since I wasn't sure I could do regular mode ( haven't tried it since I been 38). 

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#63 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:43

Can you give more info on that troll?Im on usa server for more than 7 hours without taking brake and still havent see that bloody troll.
Fire,i like fire.

#64 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 21:33

If I respec to take full advantage of the new Solo BT mode and you guys nerf the prizes, you'll let me respec for free, right?

I'm currently a tank.  Although I can easily solo BT, others are grinding glims and gold at a much faster rate.  This creates a bit of a dilemma for me.

----------------------------------------------------

An issue I see is that there is no longer any demand for team BT or RG.  Thus, the only purpose of a level 45 tank is ASV.  ASV runs can be difficult to find and at most you'll run once per day.

Previously, on days I didn't have an ASV run (which is typically 6 out of 7 days a week) my class would still have significant value for BT/RG.  This new Solo BT mode may have seriously diminished the value in being a tank.  Seriously considering respecing.

Edited by Doja, 09 October 2014 - 22:02.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#65 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2014 - 21:44

So I have (had) 2 chars sitting in the void tutorial waiting on me to start them. Will they be lost in the void now?

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#66 Otacon

Otacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 22:25

Great update. Good to see you working so hard, hope this continues  :P .

Could you add some anti alialiasing to the options menu ? That would be great, i can force it onto the game because i have a gpu that allows me to but its a bit tedious. Makes the grafix so much better.

Edited by Otacon, 09 October 2014 - 22:32.

#67 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2014 - 22:28

• Added a do not disturb chat command "/dnd", while in this mode you do not receive group invites or whispers and you are removed from /who /where /inspect.

Mongo like /dnd  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#68 StopPotting

StopPotting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 23:01

Personally, I prefered the old tutorial. I do love the new one however. I can finally play thanks to the latest update! Thanks :D

SaiP6Sh.png

#69 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 23:22

Can you give more info on that troll?Im on usa server for more than 7 hours without taking brake and still havent see that bloody troll.

Few hours later finaly spawned and guess what ? The troll was dead by the time i arived which was no more than 3 mins.Lets dont talk about the bugged player atacking in ta.Worst update ever ,oh well at least the new tutorial is pretty epic and life breather is talent worth getting.
Fire,i like fire.

#70 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2014 - 23:58

Sooooo....

Don't like the new tutorial (sorry  :( )

If you had done the exact same in the void trying to save king harold i think it would work, but I dont like king ryan facing tristan etc  or the future jump or what happens to a certain table of unity member....

I do LOVE the look and feel of the tutorial just not the story there-in  maybe it can get a void makeover in order to preserve the origianl story of returning from the void?

Second - I havent tried it on a level 44 character who isnt geared well but from my perspective with the lvl 45 jewelry set and just missing the gloves to complete the level 45 set it was a walkover in my favour.

70+ gold I am averaging per run which lasts under 10min while I can yammer away in world chat not to mention the glims that drop every so often.

I would like to see nerfed versions of the giant skeletons put in and maybe make each of the bosses less squishy, its currently much too fast and considering I can complete my BT weekly there, has demolished any need to ever run it in a group in my opinion. Its just going to be a farm magnet atm for players to blaze through it and collect gems & gold so I am not really a fan of BT as it currently stands.

Not sure if it has already been reported or not but the stone gargoyles dont die for me once I've kicked the shadowcaster to the kerb, they stay and attack me once he's dead so that I have to make them go squish too so im pretty sure thats a bug considering  how all other adds on bosses behave.

#71 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 October 2014 - 00:06

Story mode bt is pretty cool . I enjoyed running it and was a tank and it was not too fast nor too slow. No doubt you shall have a few who have hours upon hourssssssss and really super stong fully kitted out players, complaining about things from drops to what you earn in there. Please remember these people will grind anywhere and have strong gem set ups and chars, have harvested the best gear, leveled gems a lot, have multiple alts to use the best char to speed run.

I propose for these people if they do over x amount of solo dungeons per day the gold and drop rate plummets for them :) should sort out their complaints rather fast :) . You choose the number hcs then drop their gain rate so they feel happy. Let the casual player have something. 

I agree with the principle of what you say Fable. I just tested it... in 10 minutes I made 120 Gold (non sub) and looted 5 Glim Gems. If it is meant to be this easy to make huge amounts of Gold then no problem, but it does seem super easy and real fast to run. I am killing the bosses in like 5-10 seconds. :blink:

I have not played in a long time though so may be out of touch with the value of gold, gems etc.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#72 Xian

Xian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:38

Few hours later finaly spawned and guess what ? The troll was dead by the time i arived which was no more than 3 mins.Lets dont talk about the bugged player atacking in ta.Worst update ever ,oh well at least the new tutorial is pretty epic and life breather is talent worth getting.

You just got trolled. :P

Anyway, flame rush sometimes gives me permanent cc immune.  I still haven't figured out the exact steps to replicate, but it happens too often.  It was very convenient in ASV too, so I hope it's working as intended. :D

#73 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:45

Ok, I hate to ruin the party for everyone grinding BT storymode but this needs to be fixed.  Lets recap:

- Gold is being completely devalued.

- Glims are being easily attained.

- I log on and ask for a summon to "the spot" and someone, without asking, teleports me to BT.

- There is a constant gathering of 45s outside AFK while others are active running in and out.

- After playing a tank my ENTIRE time (level 1-45; 10 months) I respeced because tanks go through BT storymode too slow.

- There is absolutely no reason to run any dungeon other than ASV in a group unless you are too low to do BT storymode or are simply so bored of BT storymode and want to do something else.

- Level 35-39s I helped yesterday with To3 are looking for a tank.  Well, I'm no longer a tank nor is there any reason for me to run that when BT storymode is insanely profitable.

Some may be keeping quiet about this because they want to keep abusing it (as tempted as I am myself) but this is ruining the game.  The gold earned needs to be less and the constant glims dropped need to be removed.  A storymode version should NEVER be more profitable than running in a group.  And here its not even close.

Take four bosses in BT normally.  Lets say each drops three things: (1) Equipment Item; (2) Glim gem; and (3) Crystalline renmant (Shadowcaster also drops fourth item - elemental flake I think).  With five members in a team, at most three are winning something per boss.  In storymode you get a guaranteed item per boss (4 items, well above average on what you'd get in group). 

The mobs in group BT rarely drop glims and mostly drop FP and stuff for crafting mounts, although occasionally items.  The mobs in solo BT seem to drop 1-2 glims per run and 1-2 items per run.  And there is no need to roll amongst 5 people.

Normal BT takes ~20-30 minutes.  Storymode BT takes 7-15 minutes (for most strong players 7-10 minutes).

Everyone has noticed the same thing: The loot is way out of hand and everyone is taking advantage of it while it lasts (including yours truly - P.S. Give me a few more hours at least before you fix this  :P )

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#74 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:58

Ok, I hate to ruin the party for everyone grinding BT storymode but this needs to be fixed.

Everyone has noticed the same thing: The loot is way out of hand and everyone is taking advantage of it while it lasts (including yours truly - P.S. Give me a few more hours at least before you fix this  :P )

Unfortunately, I was afraid this would happen:

I love the solo dungeons and would love to see more of them, but as others have mentioned, I am concerned with how much gold/exp can be gained from repeating Story Mode dungeons over and over.

There needs to be a fine balance struck between having an enjoyable, solo-mode alternative, and being too lucrative to pass up.

(Alternatively, overworld grinding rewards can be boosted to compensate).

I agree that some balance needs to be struck with the new story mode BT, as currently there's little reason to do anything else besides grind story mode BT.

While I do think the rewards in story BT need a little nerf, it shouldn't be an excessive nerf, either. Rather, I would really like to see overworld loot grinding areas(e.g. Taranuka, Azraq, even the dreaded Sirunax Void) much improved to make other areas besides story mode BT attractive to spend time in!

#75 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:24

While I do think the rewards in story BT need a little nerf, it shouldn't be an excessive nerf, either. Rather, I would really like to see overworld loot grinding areas(e.g. Taranuka, Azraq, even the dreaded Sirunax Void) much improved to make other areas besides story mode BT attractive to spend time in!

The primary point of storymode, in my estimation, isn't to create places for high levels to grind, but is rather to give solo players (or people who can't find parties) a way to get relics so they can buy the sets.

I'm not opposed to the possibility of a glim ever being gained in storymode BT or items being found that can be sold for gold.

But a high level 45 trying to grind glims/gold faced with two options: (1) Storymode BT; (2) Group BT, needs to determine that Group BT is more valuable on average every single time.  In almost all RPGs loot rolls are improved when in a group.  Instead, here, its the exact opposite currently - to a major extreme - and it has killed group RG/BT.  Nobody is looking for that and that is a problem.

Edited by Doja, 10 October 2014 - 05:24.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#76 Steameater

Steameater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:10

:-)

I really like the solo story BT dungeon, but I do agree that the drop rate of gems shoud either be decreased or switched to a lower tier. Hopefully, glimmering gems are the highest tier available. Or else, by level 100 years from now, the level 100 dungeons would be dropping perfect gems. Also, put a limit on the number of solo trials a person can do a day or week.

For the troll: I don't think it should be announced but be available for solo killing at lv 40-45. Kind of like a super elite in Fallensword (sorry if I'm not supposed to mention other games). It should wander anywhere it wants and require time to search for it with a good reward. The respawn time isn't instant and finding the troll would be more luck-based.

Small Summary:
- Glimm gems are highest tier available from drops.
- Decrease drope rate of gems in dungeons.
- Limit daily/weekly on solo/story trials.
- Troll needs to be random and unannounced.

Great update, it's a good time for everyone to earn quick gold and get rich for those who don't have much time to play.

Edited by Steameater, 10 October 2014 - 06:12.

#77 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:26

i haven't had a chance to play today but hopefully i'll have RL sorted soon :)

i am really hoping though that i get the updated camera angles, i really want to check the story out in the NEW tutorial, i really want to check out BT story mode and i'm sure there is a few other things i wanna check out.. 

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#78 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:13

IMO solo mode should be for relics and speed runs only. Disable drops. Make leaderboard for times.

However, like others I will continue to abuse this gold/gem farm in its current state...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#79 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:54

IMO solo mode should be for relics and speed runs only. Disable drops. Make leaderboard for times.

However, like others I will continue to abuse this gold/gem farm in its current state...

yes and no... ohdar and gc i used to get gear for my characters.. i would do the same in a story BT 

what they should implement is a limit to how many times you can runs solo mode a day and lower the drop rates from cirtters SLIGHTLY

now i did manage to find some time to log in... and was very disappointed when the camera angles were still the same :/ no update for me.. :( i haven't had the chance to test BT yet or the now tutorial.. 

did notice that my World boss quests had reset anyone up for runs ?? before the weekly reset :)

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#80 Xian

Xian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:08

yes and no... ohdar and gc i used to get gear for my characters.. i would do the same in a story BT 

what they should implement is a limit to how many times you can runs solo mode a day and lower the drop rates from cirtters SLIGHTLY

now i did manage to find some time to log in... and was very disappointed when the camera angles were still the same :/ no update for me.. :( i haven't had the chance to test BT yet or the now tutorial.. 

did notice that my World boss quests had reset anyone up for runs ?? before the weekly reset :)

WB is worthless right now.  1 solo BT run = 1 hour wb run

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: