#61 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:26

smile.pngI the idea of Daily Events smile.png

it will increase daily activity which is a good thing + like the idea that the "rewards" are "bound" (=guild FSPs) + that Arena & PvP is included !!! :D

If I may suggest 2 things that might be helpfull

• guild FSPs to buy "certain" guild PACK-Rewards

since some guilds have the upgrades they already want they might not be interested / encouraged to participate, so how about adding 2 NEW "guild packs" to be bought with "guild FSPs"

think the most would be interested are:

• +xx MAX STAMINA for "certain" time
  • + x stam gain / hour for "certain" time

both can ONLY be bought with "guild FSPs"

or some other kind of reward HCS seems fit (I only mentioned 2 EXAMPLES, up to HCS what to decide)

• "auto"-bounties OPTION !!!

as much as I to see PvP included in "Daily Events" I fear this can be easily exploited, some players will target players who have gone offline for a "certain" time (or even inactive players) and attack them to increase their chance NOT to get bountied (while that player stays offline) OR players will "trade" 10 stamina attacks !!!

(please keep it mind that NOT everyone has the "luxury" to log-in daily)

good counter measures I think would be:

• add a character preference where players can choose to "auto"-bounty or NOT (they will still have the option to MANUALLY bounty), to ensure that players are not mainly targeted / farmed while they are offline
  • "auto"-bounties will be paid by the system (up to HCS) & will cost the defender NOTHING !!!
  • reward from "auto"-bounties are directly added to the guild (NOT to the player)
  • only 100 stamina attacks work towards "Daily Event" progress to make it more "difficult" for players just to "trade" hits with only 10 stam !!!
  • "auto"-bounties will have a different "colour" on the BB so players know that the reward will go to the guild (NOT to the player)

I think this will increase PvP activity + Bounty Board too !!!

*EDIT*

or the "auto"-bounties reward will ONLY be "Daily Event" progress !!!

Edited by mary4ever, 06 July 2016 - 22:48.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#62 WyldLibrarian

WyldLibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:32

I really like the idea!

As was mentioned earlier, buff packs for guild or individual could be some of the rewards. Possibly do them with two or three options like some of the chests. If there was one or at most two buffs/potions per option there could be a LOT of possibilities. 

Possibly use tokens or some equivalent so that a AM500 would cost more then an AM400. Not everyone has access to composing potions! INV & INV2 at level 300 would be another possible, that is not as good as some of the rarer chest potions but would be better then what is currently available. Since not everyone has fsp handy, use the tokens as a third alternative to fsp or gold for character upgrades.

How about stamina gain or gold gain options? It would remove some of the cost of getting epic gear without totally devalueing the epic gear. And who couldn't use an extra 5 or 10 or 15 stamina gain per hour. And you could always put a cap on how much could be acquired like some of the other character gains have.

With a calendar of upcoming daily events, the basis is there for earlier notification of the big events like the one we just completed. That could give players that don't have 20,000 stamina a better shot at the dailies if the 20,000+ stamina holders are going to being prepping for a bigger event.

#63 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:35

I kind of like the idea. Although there are some aspects of it that I may not like means it's implemented but could probably get into. Such as PvP or GvG. Although many players are not going to find it favorable all the time. Then there's going to be people who are going to complain that their guild is being picked and beat up on all the time whenever that daily event comes around. As far as making fsp to upgrade the guild I agree with a few of you. Really, a bunch of FSPs for front page advertising lol.
I also like a few of the ideas about daily quest, where as we have to kill X number of creatures. Or collect X number of items. Only if you can even the field as far as stamina goes. Although a little off topic. For the last few years there hasn't been some stuff for us to do. Storybook Quest haven't been released since 2013, and hasn't been updated since 2011. Quango Island needs updating and we have not had it to do either, in the last few years. Wish we could give you guys some FSP rewards daily, for every day another part of the Present Darkness (Epic) was completed.
I do like the idea though :-)

#64 ozziepete

ozziepete

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:50

Love the thinking. I loved someone's idea of reserve stam as a possible reward. If daily quest was a gather/kill type then you could end up using up a lot of stam. Competing every day might mean you end up with less stam than you had at the start of the week and so regular hunting would be somewhat reduced. I need to hunt to earn FSP's for new gear /upgrades. So for me reserve stam is best reward possible. Don't mind blowing some stam every day but would soon stop competing if it used up too much.

#65 xhobosh

xhobosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:57

You might want to divy things up by level. 1-500, 501-1000, 1001-1501, etc. That way lower level players won't necessarily be at any unfair advantage with higher level players with large amounts of stamina. Other then that, it sounds like an interesting idea.

#66 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 22:58

Hoof rocks the forums!! Haven't seen it so active in AGES.

Great idea :)

Cheers.

wil72

#67 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 23:00

Really love this idea, hopefully it brings a bit of variety to the game! :)

No offence, while I love that more and more events have been happening recently, I am really sick of seeing the same legendaries released, the same global events happening etc.

#68 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 06 July 2016 - 23:33

Anything NEW brings Life, excitement, thrill and Players enthusiasm to indulge more on this game, So bring it on HCS :)

#69 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 July 2016 - 23:38

Two thumbs up! (or tentacles, hooves, or other appendages of your choice...)

I would agree that this has to be fair for all levels, thus, if hunting elites, you have to be hunting them within a certain range. (Thinking of the rats back on the first level here, ANYONE can do these little blighters in)

Also, if the idea fly's, give it a trial run, with the rewards of course, "The best laid schemes o' cows and men / Gang aft a-gley.”

#70 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 06 July 2016 - 23:44

• "auto"-bounties OPTION !!!

as much as I to see PvP included in "Daily Events" I fear this can be easily exploited, some players will target players who have gone offline for a "certain" time (or even inactive players) and attack them to increase their chance NOT to get bountied (while that player stays offline) OR players will "trade" 10 stamina attacks !!!

(please keep it mind that NOT everyone has the "luxury" to log-in daily)

+1 for your opinion and insight >>>

mary4ever      

Edited by kimbo, 06 July 2016 - 23:49.

#71 olescruffy

olescruffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 00:14

One of, if not the best ideas I've heard yet to bring in players daily.

But PLEASE don't give extra bonuses for activities that take from other players or guilds.  ie, PvP or GvG... those aspects of the game already reap plenty of rewards and only chase off other players. 

Can we really afford to lose other players, even the meek that don't like being preyed upon?

If we do allow bonuses for PvP... how about a Double Exp loss event the next two days?

Thanks for reading.

:D

#72 EvilRisen

EvilRisen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 00:34

i like this idea :D

#73 Elincia

Elincia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 00:42

This sounds like a good idea but what about players with say around 1000 max stam some less, I like players with huge max stam  I am talking about 75,000+ as well as the different time zones as well, I think the details need to worked out before you do such a thing, Also what happened with the epic quests it like you guys drop the ball on that one.

#74 LemmyKilms

LemmyKilms

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 July 2016 - 00:46

Great way to keep people logging in.  I do have a few caveats concerning the GvG and no limitation to levels of the creature that higher levels can farm for their kills and / or  drops .  As to GvG's, could you remove repairs from the equation?  Some guilds will be farmed for wins more often  than others and the repairs add up quickly.  It's cost me over 100k gold for repairs from only 15 hits in several different GvGs.  Multiply that by dozens of GvG's and I might as well not bother playing if I can't afford the repairs.  And having no limits on the levels that people can kill creatures from any level well below their's will make it  harder for the low level players to participate due to very few scraps left over for them and  their options of realms that they can enter are limited.  It will also ruin their ability to level w/o creatures in their realms, making the game much too difficult and less fun to play and may drive them away from the game.

#75 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:30

I like this idea but I would like to see choices in the rewards. 4-5 separate but equal rewards. I might want frags while another player might want gold or upgrades.

#76 DrSerigala

DrSerigala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:48

Could You also put some rules in it like stamina restriction, Like " Get The most kill of XXX, with max XXX stamina"

#77 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:48

I like it... a lot!!!

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-Gfl

#78 SaveMeGrim

SaveMeGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:50

While I like both, I'd prioritize daily quests over daily competitions. I think that the logging overheard for tracking every kill of a certain class of creature for all players would be excessive, as would the retrieval of real-time stats to show leaderboards (although I suppose that you could leverage the existing global event infrastructure). In fact, the daily kill as many class ABC critters as you can might be TOO similar to current global events.

You could be more creative with rewards for daily quests. Since people complain about stamina banks so much, maybe make +10/50/100 max stam rewards for some quests, or perhaps instant or reserve stam as rewards. Once people get into the habit of earning max stam, they may be inclined to purchase max stam, because they see the benefit of it.

Similarly, you could perhaps give bonus prestige for completing a daily quest (complete 10 bounties, get bonus 100 prestige). That would again encourage more pvp and bounties (and counter bounties and stam-sinking), which people will see the value of when levelling, and then decide that they want to do more pvp to get prestige to maximize their hunts.

Compose XYZ number of potions in the next 24 hours and get ABC bonus composing XP.

Frag XYZ number of items in the next 24 hours and get ABC bonus frags.

Any of those reward schemes would negate the need to touch the fsp 'exchange rate' for RL donations.

At any rate, I'm enthused about the 

#79 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:32

I love the idea. I think giving FSP's as a reward is the best as they can be used by the individual in any way they wish; different rewards would limit interests. Also, know that there will always be those who will complain and not be pleased NO MATTER WHAT. This is the best idea I have heard in a long time. I believe this would make the game more fun and interesting at the same time. 

#80 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:46

I love the idea of bringing more life into the game through daily events / daily quests. As others have stated, rewards should be bound by providing tokens (guild / individual) that can be exchanged for potions, character/guild upgrades, etc. 

I have the same worries as others have stated - large stam banks (even though they will be spent) will win out more often than not. People who wear epics 24/7 will have access to more stam gain than those who don't have access/choose not to sit offline in stamina gain. Those who have access to level 60 composing (granted conserve and AM and such max out at a lower composing level), but still have the access to them.

GVG and PVP should never be limited to 1 day. There are enough potions out there (composing included), where all you need is a good brewing master potion and pricde  and the chest / composing potion and you're well into 8-12+ hours fully buffed. GVG and PVP will be completely about just sitting in full potions for 24-48 hours which is pretty easy now a days.

I would also argue against tiers, as we have seen from the ladder, do not mean much. It just means players will sit at the respective tier levels at the top, and that's it.

Overall, I love the idea, but I'm skeptical about the execution and what ideas/comments will win in the end.

Edited by Kedyn, 07 July 2016 - 02:46.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: