Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 22:07

Should probably add this info into the homepage announcement hoof. Otherwise you'll get a ton of moaning afterwards.

Done :)

#62 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 22:14

Would be cool if theres global event in future gives some Composing xp :)

Consider this: Having an event that gives 2x Composing xp. That should bring in some money into the game with everyone buying up the finish now, especially with that cost continually rising.

Only downside I can see right now is that it would accelerate the leveling to composing lv 50 (current max) and I'm not sure if the Cows have already planned for higher composing levels and what buffs to add for those levels.

#63 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 22:45

Used to love these events when I played! Have fun all, the new creep looks cool. biggrin.png​ 

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#64 force01

force01

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 22:50

A real pity. Got my auto-fragment active, set to discarding common rarity, the rarity of the chest. Finished the hunt only to find out the wraiths itself drops chest... Disgusting.

No need to compensate my ignorance, but I plead to at least include this information at the news page.

#65 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2014 - 23:03

Used to love these events when I played! Have fun all, the new creep looks cool. biggrin.png​ 

LoL Mongo Come back to FS it would be good fun......

#66 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 28 February 2014 - 23:12

Note also any player in the top 100 will receive an extra chest based on the tier the community achieves.

yes yes yes  :D

#67 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2014 - 23:43

I've yet to get a single chest they drop, I've got auto-fragment off... almost 4k actual kills so far. I've no idea where this idea about them dropping chests themselves is about, but I've yet to get one (have open BP too and FI 1150 active to top it off) Do these not drop if youve got FI off or what?

EDITL I finally got one.... I must have HORRIBLE luck in drops today....

Edited by Gutie, 28 February 2014 - 23:45.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#68 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 00:33

I have a question on the chests that are being dropped by the wraiths. Does find item enhance the process. My first attempt I did not use FI but I did use global potions and I got a lot of drops.  If it does not help then I rather save some money and stamina in not using it. Thanks for answering my question if possible. :)

#69 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 00:46

I have a question on the chests that are being dropped by the wraiths. Does find item enhance the process. My first attempt I did not use FI but I did use global potions and I got a lot of drops.  If it does not help then I rather save some money and stamina in not using it. Thanks for answering my question if possible. :)

It should yes... Just like AM helps spawn more mobs...

#70 tenebreux

tenebreux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:00

I must have had atrocious luck as well. 7k kills and not a single chest. Fi 1150 running as well.

I'd also like to add my voice to the call for the reward chests to be guild bound. A lot of guilds have a designated composer or two who can really benefit from the chests. Being able to donate your chests to your guilds composer makes the event more attractive to those who don't compose.

Update:  Once my stam ticked over I went out and killed a few more and this time plenty of chests.  Weird.

Edited by tenebreux, 01 March 2014 - 01:55.

#71 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:13

I just wanted to know since many are using it and it seems folks are not getting as many drops. :( I hope that is just an illusion and thought fs staff can clarify. :)

#72 Turby001

Turby001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:03

Will the event end when the final goal is reached or will it continue to roll on for players low on stamina having just hunted or away for a few days ?

#73 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:06

This Event Is Freakin Awesome!!! I Hope We Have Many MORE!!!! GREAT WORK COWS!!!

Oh And BTW The Art On The Wraith Is SWEET!!!!

#74 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:42

As a composer (level 11+), this is an amazing and creative event.  Great job.  All the fickle, picky, individual requests regarding frag this and frag that....rest it.  Go and hunt and take these great and substantial stashes!!!

Happy hunting,

DP.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#75 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:48

Thanks HCS for a great event. :wub:  Cool idea and seems like it's been implemented nicely.  

Medal idea that speaks to the Spirit of Community/Team Player
-- and NOT that we need another medal, but I was thinking about all the players who rarely, if ever, make the Top 100, as they simply don't have the stam to do so, but they consistently always do more than the minimum.

SINCE -- and only because it is a Community Event, I was wondering if it's possible to track players doing perhaps double or triple or whatever multiplier deemed appropriate over the max goal for Global Top Chest.  To have a progression of medals to show that they have been regularly been supporting the community by going over and beyond the minimum.  Bronze could start off with 5 or 10 times of going over and beyond the expectation by the decided upon multiplier, or lower; so for example if x2, then for this event 3500 x 2 = 7000 contribution.

Again, we don't need another medal, but I've always thought recognizing those that give extra would be nice and while a medal does cost programming time, but beyond that no monetary value and it shows that player's overall team spirit.

Just an idea - maybe good, maybe not  ;) 

Again -- great event.  Glad that I'll be able to get some more frags - thanks!

Edited by BraveKath, 01 March 2014 - 02:53.

#76 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:54

Is the drop rate of the Wraith Frag Stashes a secret? Seeing as the Wraiths are not in the UFSG yet I was wondering if that info is classified.

#77 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:14

They were supposed to be. We don't want people making Clones to harvest the drops and then send them to their prime account.

Why would this even be an issue?  Don't you have features in place to detect this type of activity, for which said player would surely be banned for life from the game?  Who would want to risk that over a few frags??

Edited by DaleJunior, 01 March 2014 - 03:16.

#78 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:37

Why would this even be an issue?  Don't you have features in place to detect this type of activity, for which said player would surely be banned for life from the game?  Who would want to risk that over a few frags??

There have been more than a few posts on the forums regarding clones whereby the cloned accounts got terminated, but the "host" account didn't - whether that's true or not is not for me to say, having no knowledge of it, but if it IS true, then the process needs to be changed. Clones AND Host should be terminated because, let's face it, cheating is cheating.

That said, I like the fact that these drops are bound - the whole point of this particular event is to encourage folk to try composing - being able to pass over the dropped containers wouldn't accomplish this.

Edited by Pardoux, 01 March 2014 - 03:38.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#79 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:23

thanks for the event

too bad you gave up the info on what was inside the chests i was wanting a surprise like if you want to know then do the kills and find out

Edited by onray24, 01 March 2014 - 04:24.

#80 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:56

First of all, I came in after a "horrible" day at work, to find the "event"!  Life is good :D   Secondly, I started accumulating chests like mad, seems like every 10 kills I got one. (not bragging, just being factual)  Thirdly, I'm certainly not complaining, but isn't 3500 kills just a tad on the low side to qualify for the top prizes?

Thanks again for the event, this is going to be a great weekend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: