Photo

Ragged Angels

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#61 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:56

... have them talk about how bad I suck. good fun, it is.

What? Aren't we doing enough of that to you already? Would you like us to up our game? :twisted:

#62 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:13

Right now I'm getting 20-23 billion cult xp per BDV and only using about 10 usp's each.

You're only using 10 USPs on a BDV? :shock:
I guesstimate (based on my hunting speed) that I'd use around 23 USPs on a BDV (with full Potency.)
*guesstimate - because I can't afford the USPs to find out. (Yes, I could maintain that hunting rate for the duration)

Don't worry, Aizen knows some maths that you don't.

Well, I guess I'm absolved from guilt, then. Your cult just passed my alt's, so you're well on your way. If you have no use of a top 100 warrior in your cause, then God speed, and good luck for the future. I'd be happy to see someone take down Melee, and good luck, with no prejudice.

Too bad we couldn't make some kind of side bet- say maybe me coming down to ST. Louis and buying Bushmills at Helen Fitzgerald's 'till you pass out, versus you coming to Dauphin, MB, for whiskey Wednesdays, and drinking 'till you passed out, and we sold your pelt.

It would make a good story!

#63 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:31

Right now I'm getting 20-23 billion cult xp per BDV and only using about 10 usp's each.

You're only using 10 USPs on a BDV? :shock:
I guesstimate (based on my hunting speed) that I'd use around 23 USPs on a BDV (with full Potency.)
*guesstimate - because I can't afford the USPs to find out. (Yes, I could maintain that hunting rate for the duration)

Don't worry, Aizen knows some maths that you don't.

um, it's obvious that Nyar would use more usps per BDV than Aizen would - he's a lot lower a level, ergo his damage as a warrior is significantly lower. were he to have been hunting the vial seriously and not being distracted by me and others talking with him and had gotten even more levels from the time he took on the vial, then Nyar and Aizen may be roughly equal on their usage with Aizen coming out in front I'd say - Aizen's higher xp per level requirement vs. Nyar's slight proportion of Aizen's base (and by proxy, BDV) dmg...the guy didn't get to the top warrior by being a HP whore. Aizen was also hunting lazily, only getting about 300-ish levels on said vial (having large stockpiles of them to take your time on if you want is great).

one thing you are also not taking into consideration too is that the nature of the game changes over time, as others have mentioned - over the past 3 years I've been able to consistently keep my levels per usp ratio within a slight range of the 30/usp mark, one or two levels above and below depending on things like deathblow luck etc etc. I've been able to do this because of the nature of the best hunting creatures in the game changing and how I've built my character. it might seem like some kind of impossible task now, but you know that in the future better gear, better xp creatures and potentially better vials and / or enchantments will come about that will allow us to maintain the status quo we've got going on because of how we've specifically built ourselves...

...and if you're shocked at or disbelieving of the $1k USD figure that Aizen gave you for his usp usage, you'd be mortified at finding out how little I've spent and how easy it is for me to maintain my character's levelling. now, for people like Bogeyman that are 99% HP and have boned their character out of significant longevity for levelling then yes...you would be coming close to being right in thinking that it is some kind of seemingly impossible task that no one has the realistic motivation or means to achieve...but you're talking about warriors that know how a warrior needs to be built for the mechanics of this game - we learnt the warrior techniques from the best and it's well and truly paying off for us in the long term.

#64 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:30

over the past 3 years I've been able to consistently keep my levels per usp ratio within a slight range of the 30/usp mark, one or two levels above and below depending on things like deathblow luck etc etc. I've been able to do this because of the nature of the best hunting creatures in the game changing and how I've built my character. it might seem like some kind of impossible task now, but you know that in the future better gear, better xp creatures and potentially better vials and / or enchantments will come about that will allow us to maintain the status quo we've got going on because of how we've specifically built ourselves...

...and if you're shocked at or disbelieving of the $1k USD figure that Aizen gave you for his usp usage, you'd be mortified at finding out how little I've spent and how easy it is for me to maintain my character's levelling. now, for people like Bogeyman that are 99% HP and have boned their character out of significant longevity for levelling then yes...you would be coming close to being right in thinking that it is some kind of seemingly impossible task that no one has the realistic motivation or means to achieve...but you're talking about warriors that know how a warrior needs to be built for the mechanics of this game - we learnt the warrior techniques from the best and it's well and truly paying off for us in the long term.[/quote]

I wonder, lasciel, if I'd really like you in real life, were we to meet. You can't really believe what you've posted here, or maybe, have you an open enough mind to change your opinion? I like a challenge, even though I expect to win, but you'd have to learn to give it up, sooner or later.

30 levels/USP? I'm so far beyond that, I'm already kicking myself, because you'll talk some ignorant cow into changing the next vial that comes along into some other warrior treat. I'm in tears, because you've spent two paragraphs to convince me you can do something half as well as I can. The very best of all is:

[quote name="lasciel"]we learnt the warrior techniques from the best and it's well and truly paying off for us in the long term.[/quote]

Had those dullards of old a coherent thought in their heads, they'd either have given up, and become mages, or done like you, and spent their time crying to nerf creature's or vial's stats. Instead, their life's work must be preserved for posterity, and the voice from beyond the grave says" Level your damage".

Whoah! Didn't think I'd figure it out? More damage=fewer ap per kill=more xp/ap? Bogey has too many HP. Sacbro has very little AC. All warriors are the same; they need to kill, and right away.

Whatever. Good luck with the rest of it.

#65 gothador_sacbro73

gothador_sacbro73
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:46

AC: 1305 hey is this that bad?

#66 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:01

Depends on what you're comparing it to ;)

#67 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:01

I wonder, lasciel, if I'd really like you in real life, were we to meet. You can't really believe what you've posted here, or maybe, have you an open enough mind to change your opinion? I like a challenge, even though I expect to win, but you'd have to learn to give it up, sooner or later.

30 levels/USP? I'm so far beyond that, I'm already kicking myself, because you'll talk some ignorant cow into changing the next vial that comes along into some other warrior treat. I'm in tears, because you've spent two paragraphs to convince me you can do something half as well as I can.

now now, assumptions Uriah...I'm quite different in RL to how I am in the game ;) we've all got our little personas and it's certainly quite fun to play the villain in gothador (and you can't deny, I do it damn well 8) ). I've no need to change my opinions at all whether you expect to "win" or not - because at this point, it's about more than just knocking off melee, it's the challenge and the different twist on the game in its current admittedly stagnant format for culting...it'll be fun and you should know by now that I never give up easily.

as for your being beyond 30/usp I already was expecting that, you're a mage - you level your dmg independently of your character level pretty much with any actions you take with your character. mages outstripping warriors in levels per usp at the higher levels is something that I already knew quite well some 20k levels of GmbH's ago...I couldn't care less though about your whinging at protecting your interests as a mage, that's a separate issue to this thread.

#68 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 16:39

AC: 1305 hey is this that bad?

You sure you're not a Mage? :lol: :P

#69 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 16:48

mages outstripping warriors in levels per usp at the higher levels is something that I already knew quite well some 20k levels of GmbH's ago.

Erm, that happens at low levels too. My Mages are around level 2/3K and have been getting twice-to-thrice the amount of levels as warriors, since sometime around the level 1K mark.
The game is currently in favour of Mages. But HCS did say that it will never be balanced and different Classes/SubClasses will do better at different times, as new stuff is added, so we just have to wait for Warriors or Miners to become the favoured Subclass sometime soon.
:roll:

Now back to the main discussion ...

#70 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 18:30

never seen it happen at low levels, and I believe the time of mages being favoured is long gone.

#71 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 22:02

Thats still debatable.

#72 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 22:28

i wasn't the one that brought it up.

#73 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 22:47

This is NOT a thread about mage vs. warrior sir. It is a thread about how Raged Angels are going to take over the world. Please refrain from baiting and attempting to highjack our thread.

#74 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 23:00

then why were you guys talking about it? four posts before mine talking about mage vs warriors and i was hijacking the thread? who are you the probably someone's alt selective thread nazi?

#75 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 23:35

I'm sorry Sir, could you say that again in common English?

#76 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 00:31

fine. staying on topic.....

Thats still debatable.

there is not one shred of evidence that suggest that it is even debatable.

#77 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2008 - 00:34

To a truly educated person, be it through places of higher education or through personal scholarly endevors, anything is debatable. Well at least between to equally intelligent beings. Too often it is though that one of the said subjects is unarmed. With that to tickle your brain. I will bow out for now.

#78 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 00:35

To a truly educated person, be it through places of higher education or through personal scholarly endevors, anything is debatable. Well at least between to equally intelligent beings. Too often it is though that one of the said subjects is unarmed. With that to tickle your brain. I will bow out for now.

so you are suggesting whether the holocaust happened or not is debatable among intelligent human beings? your lame attempts at pseudo scholarly ad hominem attacks are comedic.

#79 gothador_billhicks

gothador_billhicks
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2008 - 00:39

I am saying that it can be debated.

Now I will no longer be baited into offtopic conversation.

Melee sucketh.

#80 Subetei

Subetei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:10

Melee sucketh.

no they don't. they have some really good players. GmbH is pretty good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: