Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 13:58

Turning FS into a mobile friendly game would be a revenue boom. There's literally no real option for MMOs on mobile.... I'll flat out say what I've kept mostly to PMs, and alluded to ina  few threads.... FS could see itself surge in popularity and set a trend if HCS tried to make it work woth mobile devices, especially tablets as well as newer smartphones.

But as I've refrained saying for the most part. FS uses .php.... which is a hassle to code with, is ridged and not very flexible in what one can do with it..... I think there has been a unwillingness to address this and also to say why what seems to be a nobrainer to many isn't being done.

Making FS into a fully mobile capable MMO would mean to re-program most of the game in a different coding language... something I presume HCS doesn't feel is profitable nor feasible regardless of the long term gains.

I would however then, recommend that it instead consider doing so with other games of it's own that are browser based, such as sigmastorm, as less coding need be done to revamp them, likely using C# coding system or the like. Mind using a C# based coding system would take far less time each time content is added than the current .php system would, so maybe HCS might consider this? Mind if there was a subscriber fund with the specific purpose to have this coded for FS so that we could directly finance such a project I'm fully behind doing so. Anyhow.... I went on a bit much about a fringe topic.

Once we get a bit further on the roadmap we can look at making further improvements to the mobile interface. To convert the whole game to a workable mobile interface would a huge undertaking and we will most likely focus on select features that would be most useful.

We are exploring the idea of an FS inspired mobile game (designed specifically for mobile / tablet and touch interface), but I can't give a lot of details on it at the moment ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: