Photo

Upcoming additions.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total? (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total?

1. Voted Yes! (280 votes [65.42%])

Percentage of vote: 65.42%

2. Voted No! (148 votes [34.58%])

Percentage of vote: 34.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:10

The point is more people might be willing to kill more if we could use doubler .and as far as not fair cause some people have more stamina then others .who cares? at the end of the event we all get the same reward..if someone kills 20k and somebody else kills 5k its still the same reward .who cares about the medal we cant use it .i would think those with not a bunch of stamina would like this idea .in the end it benefits everyone

Miss you at HOJ firewall.. And as can be seen in my posts 100% agree with you

#62 2million

2million

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:14

On the plus side everyone will get more potions, but on the down side this thing will eventually turn into only people with 25k stam plus will be able to place in these events.

#63 Jashan

Jashan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:24

1 kill = 1 creature.

Doubler "At skill level 50+, 2x Stamina usage in combat in return for 2x gold/xp...." and these global quests aren't for xp/gold gain.

Kill streak doesn't increase with doubler so why should count in the Global quest?

I agree with this. If we start allowing doubler to count as extra kills then it should also affect your kill streak. To make it count as an extra kill is a bastardization of what the skill really is. It's getting more XP/Gold for using additional stam not getting extra kills.

I understand the ideas being put forth regarding making the load on the servers lighter, faster kill totals, greater rewards, etc. but in my opinion it is not a good idea.

I would suggest instead a special potion or weapon that must be worn in order to get the double kills. Something like the potion that allowed you to see the creatures in the new epic quests or the runes need to kill the elemental titans - I know that those a sketchy ideas and likely tough to implement - I just wanted to give some alternative because, I do not like the idea of changing a game buff to do something it is not supposed to do in order to make everyone happy for an event that occurs every couple of months or so.

#64 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:27

1 kill = 1 point, its not about who has the highest doubler :roll:

It worked fine on the last 2 events, especially after you revised the milestones.

Having the highest doubler is irrelevant to how many kills one can amass. It will only effect how fast you get there. I can only speak for myself but I'd much rather finish using all of my Stamina quicker.

Incorrect. Is doubler "irrelevant" (I think you mean inapplicable) to your hunt when losing to a mob? Is doubler inapplicable in searching for mobs, where there are significant gaps between spawns? Is doubler ONLY used to speed up hunts?

hmmmm.....

-DP
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#65 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:31

1 kill = 1 point, its not about who has the highest doubler :roll:

It worked fine on the last 2 events, especially after you revised the milestones.

+1

#66 subito

subito

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:36

some players will burn 50.000 stamina and will get reward like players will burn just 2000 , why not more rewards for top 100 players ....why to work for players who said doubler is failed for GQ ...who spend stamina and time just to all players get more potions ?

#67 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:43

some players will burn 50.000 stamina and will get reward like players will burn just 2000 , why not more rewards for top 100 players ....why to work for players who said doubler is failed for GQ ...who spend stamina and time just to all players get more potions ?

If the top 100 are awarded even more this will be strictly about who has most stam. This is supposed to be a community event and competition for top 100. adding doubler makes it who has the most stam and can use the biggest doubler. Leave things alone that are not broken!

#68 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:43

I hope you guys let doubler work for creature kill counts in the event!

I do not believe it should. One kill should count as one point. These are community events, not 'who can afford the best doubler'.

I dont see how it would be 'who can afford the best doubler' it would be more about 'who has the most stam to donate to the event' and because its a global event... who cares? This isint a competition, its a global effort to get X kills. If a doubler helps people with more stamina donate their stamina to the cause then I think its a great idea. All that it does is gets more stamina out of the game (and more gold). It would help the community as a whole get to higher and higher scores and maybe even unlock the top reward for once!

Does it really matter? If you get credit for 2x, 3x, etc., depending on the doubler, you'll be done quicker, but in the end, have as many hits in points as someone hitting wihtout doubler...

#69 nick7414

nick7414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:44

i think... yes

#70 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:44

I think the intention is for the community to work together with regards to rewards. It's more about a *we* attitude, then a *ME* attitude. I could be wrong tho :) The medal is the reward for being in top 100. Potions are rewards for everyone.

#71 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:45

1) I'm against there being a ton of new sets added in the next global event ... we have had a ton of gear events in the past month ...

My suggestion would be to have a global event, then have ANOTHER one in about 2-4 weeks, where new gear could be released ... that way its not a bombardment of gear in the past 4-5 weeks.

2) As for doubler counting on the kills, you guys are only seeing the negative ... people with low max stamina will not be able to make the top 100 list. Honestly, very few people care about that ... the majority of us would rather have more of the high powered potion rewards instead. How would we get more of those potions? ... Yep you probably guessed it, having doubler magnify your kills.

Is the top 100 contributor medal really the only medal that is unfair for low max stamina people to achieve (cough top 100 player medal, top 1 player medal, top 10 monthly medal, Dominance medal, and Hoarder medal). It's hilarious that you guys are making that argument ...

Also, how many of you guys said in previous feedback threads that killing the same low level monster 1000's of times was not enjoyable ... I mean you don't do that to hunt do you ? no, you use a doubler buff / potion.

#72 LemmyKilms

LemmyKilms

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:56

It's my belief that this sort of event should be earned; if you want to be in the top 100 and have time restraints, the playing field is leveled out. If you allow for Doubler to count, then why bother getting more points than the minimum if you don't stand a chance to win? With a Max Stam of 4500, I was able to reach the top 100 until the final hour. Keep this a fair event.

#73 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:05

It's my belief that this sort of event should be earned; if you want to be in the top 100 and have time restraints, the playing field is leveled out. If you allow for Doubler to count, then why bother getting more points than the minimum if you don't stand a chance to win? With a Max Stam of 4500, I was able to reach the top 100 until the final hour. Keep this a fair event.

So because you have less stamina it takes you far less time and therefore patience to use all of it. That makes it fair? Seems like you want to punish and hold back people that upgraded theirs

#74 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:16

The use of doubler is only going to end badly. Disappointed it's event been considered. ah well will be funny to sit back and watch what happens :)

#75 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:18

So because you have less stamina it takes you far less time and therefore patience to use all of it. That makes it fair? Seems like you want to punish and hold back people that upgraded theirs

It's not punishing anyone making everyone kill 1 for 1 point. It's the same for everyone, however the opposite occurs by allowing doubler. This has worked well for 2 events, why break one of the few things that works. If doubler is allowed it will make all the work that the players in the 1st 2 events put into it worthless, now you will see players easily obtaining what they worked for. Not sure why doubler is needed honestly, you can't put in the time you don't deserve a medal or the reward. We ALL need to work together.

#76 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:40

Kill streak doesn't increase with doubler so why should count in the Global quest?

To put it through on the Global quests, SHOULD mean regular quests get the same treatment. As I'm in the middle of one that is kill 300 realm A, kill 350 realm C, kill 400 realm E, I'd appreciate this swap-over before the weekend so I can keep 1 Doubler type rolling through my hunt and not be forced to sub-level or kill one at a time. :roll:

#77 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:43

But it's soooo boooooring. :( Walk a step, kill an underpowered creature. Walk a step, kill two underpowered creatures. Make it fun, make it interesting. Walking around killing a bunch of critterss sucks, let us get through it a little faster. +1 for doubler.

#78 Booger

Booger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:45

I know the game isn't meant to be realistic, but the idea that you get more than one kill of a monster because you had some spell active is just silly. But people will vote Yes because they will get what they want more easily. If people think the amount of kills required is too high, then reducing the amount of kills needed is another option.

#79 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:53

I don't think doubler should be allowed during this it was said during the first GQ that would not happen and now since folks complained its being considered its a shame.

I still think there should be other things added in for some GQ's to make it more fun for folks that don't like killing the same critter over and over like putting in a titan that spawns randomly on random maps during the event where each kill is equal to multiple critters kills or pvp added where you pick a side each 10 stam is equal to a few kills and 100 stams are even more why were these not considered even tho they have been brought up during both events?

#80 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 26 July 2012 - 20:55

quick question for those who support doubler multiplying the kills.

What do you set the qualifying value to be without making a mockery of the event? those with DB 1200 only needing to kill a few (maybe a hundred or so), those who are new to the game and may not have access to potions or buffs, then need to spend a significant amount of time to qualify.

The way I see it, if doubler counts as a multiplier, it will need to be at least 10,000 kills (2500 kills with doubler 150). But then that will only be a few hundred kills for those with a potion.

This will segregate the haves from the have nots, and discourage newer players from participating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: