132 replies to this topic

#61 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:36

W2! I've got nothing to do or strive towards in W1. Most people are at this point. Also even if i did it's way too easy.

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 January 2017 - 01:36.

#62 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:59

Those testing the beta app need to be in a beta world.. want to know what the thousands of players starting the game using the app experience, testers need to be starting the game over..

Obviously v0.01 is just moving around, killing, managing equipment, and profiles/accounts so its not like a big beta world is needed.. depending on when and where beta testers will be brought in, will determine how big this mirrored beta world will be.. and multiple player level/progress resets are to be expected and encouraged..

Please dont let players test the app in stages in the real game.. could get messy

#63 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:09

Making good progress on the server-side conversion to PHP 7! :)

Not sure what this means... but awesome!! Keep up the good work 😁

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#64 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 17:43

Not sure what this means... but awesome!! Keep up the good work

It's like taking something written in Spanish and translating it into English just a little bit more difficult.

#65 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2017 - 21:38

Why are youletting just a couple people (literally) shoot this idea down? I LOVE it. Specifically given so many of us are in guilds where we simply can't leave to join a good fired's guild without drastically harming our own guild. Hoof, I think you are MASSIVELY underestimating how good this would be for the community. I don't think you should let people whose only input has consistently been to bash anything you BG or other devs propose, without ANY ideas of their own.

I'm not saying we will or won't do it at the moment, just we'll need to give it some thought closer to when the app is nearly ready :)

It's like taking something written in Spanish and translating it into English just a little bit more difficult.

Lol something like that yeah :D

#66 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2017 - 21:40

Those testing the beta app need to be in a beta world.. want to know what the thousands of players starting the game using the app experience, testers need to be starting the game over..

Obviously v0.01 is just moving around, killing, managing equipment, and profiles/accounts so its not like a big beta world is needed.. depending on when and where beta testers will be brought in, will determine how big this mirrored beta world will be.. and multiple player level/progress resets are to be expected and encouraged..

Please dont let players test the app in stages in the real game.. could get messy

The idea of the beta client is to test it on the real game. It's mainly just a new interface for playing the game, the server code remains very similar with the exception that it sends the data to the client in a different format. The beta is totally optional so if you prefer to wait until v1.0 that's cool but we just wanted to give players the opportunity to try it out in advance to give feedback etc.

#67 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 18:02

Oh one more thing that pertains to online as of now idk if it will be different or not on mobile but for me in the dark realm I use that buff but when I hit a portal to change realms I have to switch to classic map move on top of the portal then switch back for some reason it won't let me click and move to portal in dark realms Idk if it is same for shops and stuff since I never stop on them but if you could get that good on app go be able to move around nice on dark realms and maybe fix it online for others would be nice idk if any mobile plays have same problem as me with that if anyone has there phone and wants to check it out please let me know :)

#68 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 18:43

In dark realms you can only 'auto' move within your vision buff range.

#69 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2017 - 18:39

The conversion to PHP 7 for the server-side of game is now done and live in today's update (v2.93)

#70 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 January 2017 - 13:09

I actually like the idea of creating 2nd server. I no longer play FS but I would love to start the game on equal ground. It's really hard for new or returning players to catch up at this point. Creating 2nd server would solve that problem for another 10 years  :P Sure, it would potentially divide the playerbase but I think it would do more good than harm.

#71 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 18:12

i believe it was right after this update my map changed to this grid pattern - the right side bar is now cutting off 2-3 squares on the right side, which can include paths and stairways

badmap_zpszlvpkdsr.jpg < --stairs under side bar

#72 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2017 - 19:12

i believe it was right after this update my map changed to this grid pattern - the right side bar is now cutting off 2-3 squares on the right side, which can include paths and stairways

< --stairs under side bar

Can you please try clearing your browser cache?

#73 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 21:30

done - this is the world map in the smaller window, scrolled over to the right - it's only 1 1/2 squares...don't remember if the side bars ever showed up on the world map screen? if this is only me i'll work on it from this side

sadmap_zpssaawk6gj.jpg

Edited by duktayp, 14 January 2017 - 21:34.

#74 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 January 2017 - 13:56

CANT WAIT FOR APP!! but i do have a idea if not suggested yet, ALERTS!! tired of losing my items on AH, a alert on cell to remind you to pick up items would be SWEEEEET!!! hoping this can be done!!

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#75 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 January 2017 - 14:03

CANT WAIT FOR APP!! but i do have a idea if not suggested yet, ALERTS!! tired of losing my items on AH, a alert on cell to remind you to pick up items would be SWEEEEET!!! hoping this can be done!!

We'll be adding push notifications for certain events within the game :)

#76 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2017 - 00:17

Just wanted to share the new create new character / link account option screen you'll see when you first load up the app :)

fs_app_1.png

#77 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 00:35

Looking awesome! Good job!

#78 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 16:27

i can't find anyone else with this world map display problem...as a workaround i switched to the greyscale theme - the sidebar is still there but it's transparent

mmmap_zps1c9jj1sk.jpg

#79 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2017 - 18:02

i can't find anyone else with this world map display problem...as a workaround i switched to the greyscale theme - the sidebar is still there but it's transparent

mmmap_zps1c9jj1sk.jpg

Have you done any customisation to your theme?

Character - Preferences - Themes (large white editable part.)

Or perhaps you're using an unusual browser?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#80 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 January 2017 - 18:05

Ducky, my guild chat was wonky on my phone for a while, with the side bar covering parts of the conversations. I fixed it by going into accessibility options as well as display options and reducing font size to small. This allows the page to be narrower without overlapping like you have on the map.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: