154 replies to this topic

#61 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:04

Ladder should not reward players who stay there without hitting any opponent in ladder...

#62 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:05

And what, have a lottery to see which two(or whatever number) are allowed to join the Ladder? There are 10s of tournaments spawning 24 hours a day to join or not at any one time. There is one Ladder for each player to join all the time.

I think 2 players per crew on any one ladder.. These crews figure to abuse ladder as it was and  as it is now.  Who really cares if they have to figure out who from their crew gets on the ladder ... let them worry about it. If they did not stack it with 7 and 8 players to keep other away  this subject would never have came up.

#63 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:16

Hi update just needs coloring for the buffs that are actived on  us in buff list to see what is missing as of now you need to look through the whole list of the ones that have been actived on us.

Indeed!! Please add color to already active buffs. 

Posted Image

#64 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:20

As stated many times in here previously ..

First, the positives.

1. Love the new quick buff interface - BUT, it should show already active buffs on the target player and, ideally, have a small mouseover for each buff giving new players a (very) basic overview of the buff functionality.

2. Bug fixes are always good - love the fact that the mouseover stalling on screen is fixed now too, despite that not even being on the fixed list LOL (or, it seemed to be, but alas, no ...)

Now the negative.

The "revamped" pvp ladder is, unfortunately, terrible. It's gone from a bad situation to an even worse one. Allowing guild mates to hit each other on the ladder simply increases the exploitation on the ladder - and to say that it was exploitable before by folk leaving their guilds to "play" the ladder shows a basic lack of game understanding (from a PLAYER perspective). Folk have a lot of time and effort invested in guilds after all ..

Edited by Pardoux, 06 September 2014 - 02:49.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#65 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:21

now some "geniuses" suggested limiting participation on the ladder which is obviously a pvp RESTRICTION !!! sorry to say this but that is **** ridicilous !!

So one crew sitting on a ladder with 7 or 8 (give or take) who cannot attack each other is PvP?  See below, That is the ladder you are on... do you see a trend in one crew?

1st MaxDragon 2,035  1,190     2nd Majere 2,008  1,050     3rd nikec7590i 2,084  1,018     4th Hittokiri 2,017  943     5th AlTiger 2,024  943     6th thefool37 2,086 

#66 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:45

I think 2 players per crew on any one ladder.. These crews figure to abuse ladder as it was and  as it is now.  Who really cares if they have to figure out who from their crew gets on the ladder ... let them worry about it. If they did not stack it with 7 and 8 players to keep other away  this subject would never have came up.

I have no problem returning to where everyone is eligible to be targets on the Ladder, the old system. Keep the Ladder brackets however with 100 and 50 level ranges depending on your level. Don't want to be hit, PvP protect.

PS you would also need to return attacks to be bountyable :D

Edited by sweetlou, 05 September 2014 - 23:46.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#67 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:49

Having multiple targets instead of one is a huge advantage.. Now its multiple targets versus multiple targets who can work together to make sure you won't win by any means necessary..

I've been in a ladder where it was 4 warriors versus 1 or 2 other players.. If one or two of my teammates weren't active it would hurt my chances of dominance greatly. I could only grab PvP rating from one target where they could grab it hourly from a handful.. It costs a lot of resources to protect my guildmates who weren't active via my personal buffs.

This update made it easier for guilds to win every ladder.. It did nothing to help those alone in guild 'controlled' PvP bands. All this update did was give more control to those bands..

I hope HCS reverves this addition after the weekend

#68 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:58

now some "geniuses" suggested limiting participation on the ladder which is obviously a pvp RESTRICTION !!! sorry to say this but that is **** ridicilous !!

So one crew sitting on a ladder with 7 or 8 (give or take) who cannot attack each other is PvP?  See below, That is the ladder you are on... do you see a trend in one crew?

1st MaxDragon 2,035  1,190     2nd Majere 2,008  1,050     3rd nikec7590i 2,084  1,018     4th Hittokiri 2,017  943     5th AlTiger 2,024  943     6th thefool37 2,086 

Previous PvP Ladder  1st thefool37 1,096     2nd MaxDragon 1,067     3rd Majere 1,007     4th nikec7590i 937     5th Hittokiri 893 

as you can see he won the previous ladder !!! as soon as he comes online he can hit everyone and shoot from last place to 1st place ! he has 5 targets, we (5 member) have only one !!!

actually he has an advantage over us because it takes him almost only one hit session to get to the top, the rest of us needs many hits!

you should already know this because you joined the 1900 ladder a few times and placed 1st, everytime you got online you buffed up, hit all our members and got from last place to top in only 1 hit session ! the others had to hit you MULTIPLE times !

#69 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 00:51

Previous PvP Ladder  1st thefool37 1,096     2nd MaxDragon 1,067     3rd Majere 1,007     4th nikec7590i 937     5th Hittokiri 893 

as you can see he won the previous ladder !!! as soon as he comes online he can hit everyone and shoot from last place to 1st place ! he has 5 targets, we (5 member) have only one !!!

actually he has an advantage over us because it takes him almost only one hit session to get to the top, the rest of us needs many hits!

you should already know this because you joined the 1900 ladder a few times and placed 1st, everytime you got online you buffed up, hit all our members and got from last place to top in only 1 hit session ! the others had to hit you MULTIPLE times !

Ya that 1900 ladder was fun...  it's not getting to the top that's hard (sometimes) ... it's staying there!  LOL lots of hard hits on that ladder.    Max, I dont have the answer to the ladder, but this is not it.  Now what is going to occur? That is my point... 

I hope I am not coming across in my posts as "i know how to fix this"  I would just like to see more levelers join the ladder and try it... it is fun and maybe some of them will keep playing it.  But how many will do that with so many of 1 crew on a ladder.  And maybe my point has little  bearing on ladders at our level as by this point you would think players have tried the ladder and know how they want to play

#70 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 00:57

EDIT : P.S. A Friday afternoon update? Good to stick with the classics Zorg!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Friday updates suck. I guess Zorg is still learning the nuances...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#71 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:14

I have no problem returning to where everyone is eligible to be targets on the Ladder, the old system. Keep the Ladder brackets however with 100 and 50 level ranges depending on your level. Don't want to be hit, PvP protect.

PS you would also need to return attacks to be bountyable :D

But we know that will not occur.  I dont think ladder fights should go to BB or the game. Just seems cheap and little to do so. We have both seen players brag about making players quit... It's a game nothing should get so personal.

Edited by justinian9, 06 September 2014 - 01:15.

#72 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:20

Hi.  I absolutely do not like this new update for the Buff Screen.  Previously, if I went to buff myself all of the buffs that were currently on me were highlighted and I could simply click on the ones that weren't if I wanted them. NOW I have to compare the list of buffs with my buffs and it is a lot more work and very tedious.  Unless of course there's something I'm missing.  

#73 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:27

I absolutely do not like this new update for the Buff Screen.  Previously, if I went to buff myself all of the buffs that were currently on me were highlighted and I could simply click on the ones that weren't if I wanted them. NOW I have to compare the list of buffs with my buffs and it is a lot more work and very tedious.  Unless of course there's something I'm missing.  

The coloring of active buffs is an FS Helper feature. The game update probably broke the FSH buff coloring feature.

#74 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:52

The coloring of active buffs is an FS Helper feature. The game update probably broke the FSH buff coloring feature.

Yes I am certain.  But the update said that they incorporated some of the FS Helper features.  Well, this was a feature that was fantastic, so I'd love for them to bring it back.  I just tried to buff someone and I had no idea which of my buffs they still needed without reading through the entire list of buffs that they had on them.  Everyone seems to love this so I must be missing somethin'. 

#75 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:38

Great that you are working on the helper stuff. And I like the new layout. I miss the highligthing, and I also miss the tool tips that had the explanations of each buff.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

i was reading this only to find someone who said it before me,  +1 here for this. when someone has 27 buffs of varying level on them in a list it is hard to see, the highlighted idea of the fshelper coders was brilliant, and i dont know if there is a better way do it. the list is a step in the right direction, but highlighted would give you the better end and cleaner product. 

thanks for the update, is a good direction.   not sure on the pvp ladder update, being able to hit your own guildmates in any form is a nice step in the right direction, though do believe it will be abused hardcore, perhaps a max transfer points of x, be it 5-10 20, what ever. perhaps being able to hit your own guildmate outside of ladder would be good too, not sure if the clearing of bounties by guildmates is a good idea, if it was implemented i'd think a predetermined stam hit minimum would help prevent giving guld mates soft clears,

.  we have to make some changes, and something drastic to help revitalize fallen sword, killing pvp certainly didn't bring the huge numbers of levelers as predicted. i think the idea of being able to transfer pvp points to guildmates will not be the good idea it may have started being.

nice to see some updates though

RD 

#76 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:35

Hey, thank you HCS. new quick buff screen is amazing!  :)

Could you please, IF POSSIBLE, enlighten the active buffs? If you don't think it's worth it's alright. Thanks anyway!

Edited by Lellarell, 08 September 2014 - 06:51.

#77 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:19

We have chosen to revert the change 'Players can now attack fellow guild members if they share a PVP Band.' pending further review of the PVP Ladder system next week. More information will be posted about our planned changes when it becomes available.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#78 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:20

This update makes a few small changes and the Quick Buff system has been completely reworked to include features from Fallen Sword helper and a nicer UI (As per the Development Roadmap).

One minor change would be nice, can You wrap checkbox text in <label> so we could be able to select buff by clicking name of buff and not only the checkbox itself? This would be a big UX improvement.

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#79 chslayer

chslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:21

My two cents..

As a user of helper, I find the buff update pretty good, WITH THE EXCEPTION  of not being EASILY able to see what buffs are already active ( as heaps of ppl have pointed out here already as well)

If we could have active buffs highlighted ( instead of a list ), it would be fantastic. As it is, it is very hard and time consuming to use. I would hate to try this on my mobile ph actually, so there goes another platform I used to access the game.

A mouse over of a buff discription would go down a treat too, especially for new players.

As for the ladder update and hitting your guildies, I see this is reversed for the moment. I dont know whether this is a good or bad thing ~ part of me just sees the stacking for dom ticks if it gets allowed... tho I know how frustrating it is when all there is to hit are non hittable guildies too. Rock/hard place really.

Someone suggested a limit of guildies allowed to enter the ladder... maybe see how this is working for the arena atm and compare?

Overall a biig thankyou, moos!

.. but please highlight active buffs :P

#80 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:57

Yes I am certain.  But the update said that they incorporated some of the FS Helper features.  Well, this was a feature that was fantastic, so I'd love for them to bring it back.  I just tried to buff someone and I had no idea which of my buffs they still needed without reading through the entire list of buffs that they had on them.  Everyone seems to love this so I must be missing somethin'. 

here is what you are missing...for those of us that never used fsh..the new updates for buffs is great..quite a bit better than before, that is why you are seeing some saying new update for buffs is good.....for those of you that were already using fsh, the new update is bad because it does not do as much as fsh had done before...simple as that...so, it seems like all they have to do is incorporate the other things that fsh did for buffs, and we all would be happy..

Edited by yodamus, 06 September 2014 - 12:00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: