• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 15:13

Ha someone's been on LinkedIn

exp.png

If you add this: hcslogo.jpg

to this page : hcs.png

and select "Huntet Cow Studios Ltd." for your positions, you will get something like:

expchg.png

you can also add some video/pictures : 

ea.png

the same is for Education, for example:

edu.png

and you need more followers :P

blizzard.png

#62 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 November 2014 - 15:17

Nice photo-documentary, Vak.... *deletes LinkedIn account*

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#63 Rome

Rome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 20:24

Oh, heavy. Game Scripter, Project Manager, Producer, Studio Manager and a Robert Gordon University graduate.  :lol: Welcome back, were you really leaving? Seems you like math, so how would you go about adding up all the digits 1-100 and do it in 1 sec. of time? It's easy.  :P

Sum of 1 - 100 =

Sum = ( n ( n+1))/2 = (100(101))/2 = 10100/2 = 5050

And welcome aboard.. again.. Radneto :)

Edited by Rome, 08 November 2014 - 20:43.

#64 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 20:51

Sum of 1 - 100 =

Sum = ( n ( n+1))/2 = (100(101))/2 = 10100/2 = 5050

that's 2 secs  :P  :D

49 pairs (1+99, 2+98, 3+97, ..) x 100 = 4900 + 100 + 50 = 5050

50 pairs (1+100, 2+99, 3+98, ...) x 101 = 5050

#65 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 21:17

MATH!   

*hides*

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#66 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:08

Welcome to FS. I have to say I'm most impressed with reading that you're actually playing the game before making plans on what to change. Hopefully you plan to stay an active involved player over your time here so you can really get a feel for how things work. Best of luck, you're gonna need it.  42kmoig.gif

#67 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 14:08

HELLO and i would like to also welcome you back to FS!!  its nice to see excitement and thank you for playing before you start on your adventure.  im too high a level to re-introduce you to PVP  (hehehehhe) but if you get on the BB ill softly clear you!!  LMAO! Enjoy your time with the advancements of this really cool game.  This community is by far the best around and im proud to not only be a happy player, but to be counted in with this world of FS!!   xoxoxo

#68 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2014 - 23:12

John, welcome back to Fallen sword.  All persons with a vested interest in this game, be they players or developers only want the best for this game.  When little attention is paid to it, we figuratively jump up and down to get noticed.  We hope that more players and in this case, more developers pay attention to the game; a little biased, yes.  It appears we also hope that the more eyes that are on this game, the more gets done within a more relevant time frame.  We also thank those involved in the game over the past few years, for their efforts despite being stretched out to their capacity.  

As already noted by players who are much smarter than myself, we need devs to look at this game with a holistic approach, top-->down, and how each area of the game (pvp, gvg, leveling...) now fits into the current game, and make adjustments accordingly.  We also need more frequent communication, ironically the forums are NOT the place to gain consensus.  In-game links or polls are necessary.

Thanks for coming back John.

DeadParrot

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#69 Dradin

Dradin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:16

Welcome to Fallen Sword Mojawk.

I hope that you can help breath life back into a wonderful game, that has suffered due to choice's made on the developmental road map.  It would be awesome if you can "Heal" our game. And restore it to its former Glory.   We are doing poorly with an average of 425 players online at any given time.  Used to be in the 2k to 3,000.  There has to be some Action from the Cow's to instill renewed hope in our current players, before we can expect others to rejoin or join the game.  Are you planning to advertise the game??  How do you plan to increase the activity that is needed???   You can change 1000's of things in the game. But with little or no new players they are baseless!!      I am open to thoughts and idea's.  I enjoy thought provoking conversations on how we can make it more enjoyable for those who play.  I will wait and see what you bring to the game.   Thanks for listening. Thanks for being here, and Here is to You and your Team reviving the game.    

Cheers  Dradin

Edited by Dradin, 10 November 2014 - 16:17.

#70 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:01

I am totally floored! Hoofmaster and BigGrim have done a supurb job at keeping FS playable for my benefit :D The only thing that Mojawk will do is ruin my work that I accomplished years ago..."I champion the leveler"  B)  

#71 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2014 - 18:08

I've been in a number of meetings with the Fallen Sword team today about how we are going to tackle some of the updates and road-map for Fallen Sword, I'm hopeful of getting an action plan together after some more meetings tomorrow. To begin with I want to tackle a number of improvements to the game that the community wants but also we're going to endeavor to bring the game to new audiences and grow the player base.

Regards

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#72 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 19:15

New Audience > Updates

#73 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 19:56

You mention a new audience...

I have some questions:

What methods will you be using to attract said audience?

What will be done to help retain said new audience?

Also, some suggestions:

Make the tutorial a little more informative.  I ran through it, and it doesn't tell players to repair, and It kind of dumps them in the Mountain Path with no direction.  Maybe instruction to look for the ! and ? on the map?  Or at least a suggestion to go to MP 5, 10 to begin Present Darkness.  It's where I direct new players in Global Chat, but not all of them actually make it there.

The booster packs are almost used up.  I think more of these will foster growth.  Also, booster packs would make a good recruitment tool.. Maybe a redeem code for us to give to new recruits?  I mean, when I get one, I always send a short note and a pocket full of gold, but it would be nice to send a better welcome gift.

Edited by BadPenny, 10 November 2014 - 19:56.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#74 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:53

New Audience > Updates

new and old audiences..- updates..needed badly..many of them...many parts of the game have gone stale..would be bad to have the "new audience" come in to play the game and see a stale game...revive the game..revive the many aspects of the game that need attention and changes for the better, probably all of them (arena,pvp, gvg, scavenging, composing, super elites, the super elite drops (make them worth hunting again)), except titan hunting..it seems to be doing quite well, like the above post mentions, the tutorial needs work..many new players come out of it still lost....i just want to see some "action" not words..all the community has heard for many months and in some cases years is "talk"..actions speak much louder than words,  good luck with all that is needed...hope you can get something done in the very near future, or many players will start having doubts..

Edited by yodamus, 10 November 2014 - 21:04.

#75 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 22:44

After all these years and this is still the best guide for new players..when combined with Mowglicks maps ,,it makes sense of the rabbit warren...http://onemanmob.pag...vl-1_99-k2-.htm

#76 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 00:26

After all these years and this is still the best guide for new players..when combined with Mowglicks maps ,,it makes sense of the rabbit warren...http://onemanmob.pag...vl-1_99-k2-.htm

That onemanmob list is most likely outdated since they redid a lot of the first 25 or so levels.. Realms/creatures have been altered or removed

Would be very easy for a helpful player to make a blog or wiki page to layout the most useful information for the start of the game.. And even beyond.. Could have a group of players making their own or working together on helpful information pages/blogs.. I mention blogs because of the customization level they bring to the table.. I made my own that just help gather the most useful links in one place (couldn't find it the other day).. Even had a random offense/defense/special buff icon on each page load that I could click to take me to the wiki of the buff.. Helped out a lot when they changed the icons lol but also put in random tips on each page load (something that FS needs to do on a much grander scale.. The random tips that is)

I hope that when they open the portal to lure more players here, the guilds and players get together to help welcome and guide every one of them.. There were some out when they did the booster pack but there needs to be more.. Thankfully global chat is here to help do the most work.. Such a great venue.. Unfortunately I don't have access to it so its up to YOU! *points at everyone else)

#77 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 00:32

That onemanmob list is most likely outdated since they redid a lot of the first 25 or so levels.. Realms/creatures have been altered or removed

Would be very easy for a helpful player to make a blog or wiki page to layout the most useful information for the start of the game.. And even beyond.. Could have a group of players making their own or working together on helpful information pages/blogs.. I mention blogs because of the customization level they bring to the table.. I made my own that just help gather the most useful links in one place (couldn't find it the other day).. Even had a random offense/defense/special buff icon on each page load that I could click to take me to the wiki of the buff.. Helped out a lot when they changed the icons lol but also put in random tips on each page load (something that FS needs to do on a much grander scale.. The random tips that is)

I hope that when they open the portal to lure more players here, the guilds and players get together to help welcome and guide every one of them.. There were some out when they did the booster pack but there needs to be more.. Thankfully global chat is here to help do the most work.. Such a great venue.. Unfortunately I don't have access to it so its up to YOU! *points at everyone else)

Yep they moved realms but the critters are still in them that is where Mowgliks maps come in,, only error beside the quests that were added is at level 98 kill the lvl 100 elite's they instant re spawn and give loads more xp than regular critters.

#78 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 00:49

If the information is wrong or even poorly advised, since new players could get better XP gain from other creatures and quests, then its a bad guide and you might as well adventure without that guide.. There are no links for the wiki or official guide as well.. The page is 'best places to train at your level' but they are not the best places or process to level.. Tis too out of date.. Best to not even suggest it to new players. It will be confusing and not that helpful especially with the epic quests

Edited by RebornJedi, 11 November 2014 - 00:55.

#79 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 00:54

The wiki(mostly) and the official guide(*shakes head slowly*) do a great job with helping guide through those epic quests which is the best and most efficient way to level at the start.. I'm hoping to see more booster pack codes in the future. I helped a lot of players adventure through those quests. Its hooked a lot of them. All it takes is the right guidance right off the bat..

#80 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:08

I disagree it is the best guide but each to their own no other guide shows you where you can kill critters above your level as clearly as it does and tells you where to kill them, and in combination with Mowgliks maps makes getting there far more straight forwards than any other guide in my View.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: