74 replies to this topic

#61 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 00:42

OK, I invented 3 of the lvl 750 pcs and 3 of the lvl 1000 pcs but I can't tell you the number of times I failed on invents for both components and set pieces. I ended my run with 3 failed Fiery Masks in a row with a few failed components to get there. I know some of that is just bad luck but I was using INV, Empower and Steamwork Cuirass to boost my Master Inventor to 100%. Success rate was stated as Very High but given the number of fails I seriously doubt that was possible. Either that or I have a big difference of opinion with the coders as to what Very High actually means. Even that wouldn't be so terrible if you didn't have to go chasing all those resources around so many different realms. Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting but my experience with this was not a quest for Christmas but rather a quest for April Fool's Day and I feel like the fool in a bad joke. I'm hearing similar stories from other people as well so perhaps the cows could look at making a few changes to this before it comes around again next year.

Screenshot everything!

#62 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23

OK, I invented 3 of the lvl 750 pcs and 3 of the lvl 1000 pcs but I can't tell you the number of times I failed on invents for both components and set pieces. I ended my run with 3 failed Fiery Masks in a row with a few failed components to get there. I know some of that is just bad luck but I was using INV, Empower and Steamwork Cuirass to boost my Master Inventor to 100%. Success rate was stated as Very High but given the number of fails I seriously doubt that was possible. Either that or I have a big difference of opinion with the coders as to what Very High actually means. Even that wouldn't be so terrible if you didn't have to go chasing all those resources around so many different realms. Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting but my experience with this was not a quest for Christmas but rather a quest for April Fool's Day and I feel like the fool in a bad joke. I'm hearing similar stories from other people as well so perhaps the cows could look at making a few changes to this before it comes around again next year.

and this is why i am not even going to try this one lol seems to be the common story all over. like your determination to get as far as you did tho Yote!

#63 feonix13

feonix13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:09

and this is why i am not even going to try this one lol seems to be the common story all over. like your determination to get as far as you did tho Yote!

I would agree with you about this event. The extraction rate on the resources was about 25% for me and the invent rate was around 50%. DEFINITELY less than the high and very high success invent rates the items are marked with. :(

Creation-byRoan.png

Ahem!!! ... As all the cakes are mine - That is my cake.
All of it.
Every last sprinkle.
Its mine....my precious....

#64 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:21

Yup, I had pretty similar luck ... VERY HIGH and HIGH are, IMO, optimistic - I failed about 1/3 of all the invents I tried, including twice on the FIERY MASK. All I can say is, thank heavens for INVENTOR 2 saving my butt a few times :)

#65 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:24

Fiery Santork set sucks for crafting I just blew 200 fsp and still have both items at excellent. yes my Master Crafter is at 100% ,Either I am totally unlucky or there is a problem!

#66 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:56

Fiery Santork set sucks for crafting I just blew 200 fsp and still have both items at excellent. yes my Master Crafter is at 100% ,Either I am totally unlucky or there is a problem!

This is why we need a new Craftsmanship buff at level 1600 - Increases the maximum percentage (above 100%) of the Master Crafter enhancement by +0.1% per point.

#67 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:43

I didn't have much problems I made 30+ santork items had about 10-12 fails at one point I was making them faster than I could sell and I made one of each new set and had no fails.Also I was able to get all the items needed from going to just 2-3 different maps and only took a about 5-6k stam to hunt out everything.

A lot of the LE items lvl 1k+ take a ton of fsp to get perfect there were a few folks who spent a few hundred fsp trying to get perf I for one stopped trying the extra few stat points isn't worth the dots

#68 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:41

fiery set has large range of stat, and that makes it very tough to get perfect. I spent 3fsp each and got excllent, happy enough with it. making 3set was pita though.

#69 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 30 December 2012 - 14:06

28 new pages of resources, components, recipes and items added to wiki (Santork related).

Please contribute to keep the wiki up to date, need more people to add missing pages.

Templates to create pages easely can be found here: http://wiki.fallensw...x.php/Templates
Copy the right template and fill in.

#70 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 14:10

28 new pages of resources, components, recipes and items added to wiki (Santork related).

Please contribute to keep the wiki up to date, need more people to add missing pages.

Templates to create pages easely can be found here: http://wiki.fallensw...x.php/Templates
Copy the right template and fill in.

Or maybe let people figure things out for themselves, ingame. These guides & wiki's just take most of the fun out of the game IMO.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#71 atusH54

atusH54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 15:05

I used same but i got level 288 inv 1 running and had "extremely high chance of success" where i failed twice and many more when inventing upgraded sets. At least HCS could have said "above average chance of success" so i would know i would fail a lot.

#72 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2012 - 21:24

Hi there Everyone!

Santork Claws and his Flamedeer have been defeated for another year. Santorks Grotto has also disappeared. This is not the end however. Santork will return next year during the festive season.

We hope everyone had fun!

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#73 jacody

jacody

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 00:10

I used same but i got level 288 inv 1 running and had "extremely high chance of success" where i failed twice and many more when inventing upgraded sets. At least HCS could have said "above average chance of success" so i would know i would fail a lot.

I also used a distilled 250 pot for inv , i had a couple fails but nothing too extreme . I was happy with the event . It did seem that the lvl 1000 set could have better stats for the number of pieces involved . Also the lvl 150 santork dropped the best variety of crackers and other than the lvl 500 purple crackers i did all my farming there . The sets also retained good value throughout the event so id say the failure rate and number of resources was just right

#74 subito

subito

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:09

BM500 and Inv500 win ,no fail and saved a lot :)

#75 Thorsark

Thorsark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 21:48

BM500 and Inv500 win ,no fail and saved a lot :)

Looked like you had a pretty massive inventing spree :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: