Photo

Increasing unhappines in the game? Let us fix it together.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 23:29

The problem so many of us have is 2 parts, one, why should we have to constantly report if you actually have a mechanism to catch them?

And 2, when they are reported little is done about it! You only ban the multies and not the main character, that's a slap on the wrist in virtually every players eyes and does nothing to deter the practice. I have seen time and time again players who have been banned in the past return or players who have bragged just how many and how long they have had multies! I think the system is broken personally and this fix would go a long way in making me happier with the game.

Further to Point 1 - we are asked to provide PROOF that an account is a multi and (other than someone boasting about it thru an ingame message) there's no viable way for us to do this. We can report "suspicions" but then the message potentially falls under the "malicious reporting" umbrella. So, I, for one, despite suspicions, don't report them. The cows have the tools, they should be pro-active in using them, not re-active. As for not banning the "host" account, I couldn't agree more. If someone is blatantly abusing the rules, kill their main character too.

#62 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:55

If we can't all work together on saving the game we all play, then why should the cows ?

because the game is their business/income?

A good compromise leaves everybody mad, compromise isn't happiness. As the poll showed, 45% / 55% players are trying to "save" completely different games.

The game needs new players, but how rhann123 said a few pages back: "the young blood just joining the game play a bit and then see these level 1,000+ guys and start to think that is unattainable". Top monthly doesn't do its job, as some young players are supported by level 1,000+ guys while others are not. Either get rid of the levels system leaving XP only, or get rid of the level restrictions on the content. And there is no way to make this game more friendly for the young players without damaging "happiness" of existing player base. Yes, a compromise, again.

#63 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:21

Thank you Xakano for the reply.

The endless stam thing - I recognise it cannot be done - its limitations were pointed out very effectively to me on another thread. It would break to many basic game mechanics.

A couple of pages back lordethade very eloquently pointed out part of the problem with getting new folk to join and stay was that the game is necessarily old fashioned, does not have the whizz bangs that players expect on the internet now, and that tying the game into social media would be helpful at retaining interest - the Facebook integration thing was tried - I, being a fusty old fart, avoid said social media site - it that link still functional and viable?

You cannot employ players, fair enough, and I am glad you recognise the worth of RJEM's research on game functions, I think when something like that is raised, with the mathematics to back it up, it is worth an HCS response. I know you are like weight watchers and do not want to give away all your secret formulas, but if you see some work that sheds light on how to improve game mechanics and make them behave more consistently, so player perception of dependability of mechanics is improved, that would be good. Many times has the mystery of 2% activation been lamented as seeming to be very un 2% ish. Normally the mathematical among us have defended it, as anomalies happen. But still, a communique letting us know you have investigated 2% hits in all circumstances, PvE, PvP, arena, and that it is uniformly functioning as it should in all those circumstances would be useful, or... you may find a bug somewhere, and fix it - which would also be awesome!

Map/UI issues have been mentioned - again these are things that effect us all no matter what game play style you inhabit - smoothing and improving those would be good. And investigating the mystery CPU usage in the new map would be good - folk with older machines may suffer as a result of CPU overload, delays, and possible burnout - which would seriously suck!

Kudos for the combat log change!!! See? The players - of all stripes and play styles - pointed out it was not working, and HCS provided a fix. Thank you!

Ok on the tickets thing. If that would not work, fair do's. Forum threads just often seem lost. But of course if the threads just degenerate into mud slinging and "I'm right and you are the worst kind of moron I have ever has the misfortune to virtually meet" fests, then they are going to be ignored despite any gems of good ideas/advice buried in them. This is why there should be no shame in restarting threads on sensible subjects, recapping the good from a previous thread, ignore flames, and ask for HCS input. If we stay reasonable and reasoned, we all win.

On ideas for making the game more exciting for me personally.... I would like well written and intriguing quests that are linked in satisfying story arcs. And for those quests to have effects that can link into the overall game. For example a set of related quests for players of all levels to take on as part of a global event would be awesome - an upgraded version of Burzzwhatsits attack, except all players get to quest and contribute to the overall storyline of the search for the Fallen sword. Generally the high level quests would do well to be more linked, to have characters recur - I know Grim has a plan, but I would like more plot integration in all quests going forward. But that is because I write as a hobby, and that is what turns me on. And some people do NOT want to HAVE to do quests - which is fair enough - but some more rewards for being a quest completionist would be cool.

Okay - another huge block of text from me. Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread!!

#64 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:34

There are so many of you here that have mentioned the issue with Multi accounts, if you are aware of them REPORT THEM to us and we shall deal with them accordingly. Thank you :)

The problem so many of us have is 2 parts, one, why should we have to constantly report if you actually have a mechanism to catch them?

And 2, when they are reported little is done about it! You only ban the multies and not the main character, that's a slap on the wrist in virtually every players eyes and does nothing to deter the practice. I have seen time and time again players who have been banned in the past return or players who have bragged just how many and how long they have had multies! I think the system is broken personally and this fix would go a long way in making me happier with the game.

I've approached HCS with a solution which could be used in conjunction with existing methods to curb the majority of multi issues. Initial response was 'our existing system is fine'. After pressing the matter further and pointing out existing systems clearly aren't working the ticket was closed with the comment 'I'll pass this to the coders'.

Upon asking the coders if this had been passed on, they confirmed it had just been closed with no correspondence to coders. Hopefully now with the ticket in the queue hoof responds to, some serious consideration will be given to the 'multi' issue, granted it's obvious existing systems in place are far from sufficient.

Multis. Multis multis multis. It does seem hard for us a community to police, for as Pardoux said...

Further to Point 1 - we are asked to provide PROOF that an account is a multi and (other than someone boasting about it thru an ingame message) there's no viable way for us to do this. We can report "suspicions" but then the message potentially falls under the "malicious reporting" umbrella. So, I, for one, despite suspicions, don't report them. The cows have the tools, they should be pro-active in using them, not re-active. As for not banning the "host" account, I couldn't agree more. If someone is blatantly abusing the rules, kill their main character too.

I don't have a magic wand for this one. I just wonder what the game would be like if we knew multis were not present. They have become the bogeyman of the game, everywhere and nowhere. Proving that someone is a multi is very hard for a player - we do not have access to activity logs etc. And how much online stalking of potential multies should players do when their purpose here is to play the game, not police it?

If bry had a good idea - let's check it out.

Again we all want what is best for the game. Multis, or even the fear of mythical multies, is not good for the game.

#65 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:34

Right now -- please, please, PLEASE! stop adding more and more 'icons' to a TEXT based game!

Point noted :)

We did add an option today to show the combat in the old style (when not using the new map).

#66 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:41

In the forum if they could just do something as little as leave a hoofprint on the threads and comments that they have read it would help. At least we could see that they have been present.

I like that idea :)

#67 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:41

Right now -- please, please, PLEASE! stop adding more and more 'icons' to a TEXT based game!

We did add an option today to show the combat in the old style (when not using the new map).

I saw that - thanks!!

#68 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:42

But it's set for the new way as default right? Any new players are going to be confused by it and probably not know any better. Especially on pvp combats.

#69 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:47

Arena:

Introduce new rewards and potions to bring life back to the arena

BigGrim is going to be adding new rewards later this week :)

#70 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:52

Thank-you for that Hoof :)

Today the map (new) was broken (I think it may have been this very option that broke it .. oops) - there were many posts on the bugs thread as well as the update thread with no comment from Lamium (the update originator?) or BG (initially) to reassure players that the problem was being worked on. Good customer relatiions would be to acknowledge the bug and reassure that a fix is being sorted as soon as the bugs are reported. This would show you (the devs) are aware and help reduce the number of bug reports / complaints. Too many bugs are not responded to on the threads, leaving anyone new or thinking of joining FS with a negative view of dev response.

#71 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:53

Thank-you for that Hoof :)

Today the map (new) was broken (I think it may have been this very option that broke it .. oops) - there were many posts on the bugs thread as well as the update thread with no comment from Lamium (the update originator?) or BG (initially) to reassure players that the problem was being worked on. Good customer relatiions would be to acknowledge the bug and reassure that a fix is being sorted as soon as the bugs are reported. This would show you (the devs) are aware and help reduce the number of bug reports / complaints. Too many bugs are not responded to on the threads, leaving anyone new or thinking of joining FS with a negative view of dev response.

It has been posted in the forum that they were working on it. It isn't the first time this black map happened after a update, and the fixed it as fast as last time. Sending back a message to all would have taken more time than fixing it.

#72 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:57

But it's set for the new way as default right? Any new players are going to be confused by it and probably not know any better. Especially on pvp combats.

I don't think new players will be confused by it. I think it is more that current players are used to how the combat looks, hence we added the option to show it in the old style.

#73 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:12

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread!!

And thank you for creating it :)

I realise we aren't perfect and don't always get everything right. We really do always try to do what's best for the game as a whole - which not everyone will always agree with.

It's always difficult when there is two opposing groups of players discussing an aspect of the game (for example PvP).

I really like the idea mentioned earlier in the thread about adding a hoofprint to threads that we have commented in as it would not only be a good reference for us, but it would give a cleared indication to the community that we were actively getting involved on the forum.

What would be really helpful would be if everyone could list their issues with the game currently (ie. if skill isn't working as intended etc.) then we can systematically go through the issues and do our best to resolve them before implementing any new features etc.

- hoof

#74 fs_kairy

fs_kairy
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:34

Firstly myself and a lot of other FS players are still waiting for the iOS and Android FS apps. I have made a topic on this but no hoof as yet agknoledged it. Secondly I think we should have a second server. I have said this before. Sure, this will make the hoofs jobs harder as content will be different to suit each servers needs but it is not impossible to do. Take a look around at some of the biggest MMORPG's at the moment. I think you will find a lot of them have more than one server.

A lot of people have said that more advertising is needed as the amount of players decline. I certainly would be hugely discouraged if when starting a new game i discovered that i was 1400 levels, around 10,000 fsps and 2 years worth of play time from becoming a high level player. This helps reinforce the idea for a second server. Why not have a huge advertising frenzy saying "new server opens soon" and then maybe more people will start playing. I am nearly certain that having an extra server would bring in huge amounts of income for HCS. If 500 FS current players make accounts on the server and 500 of us donate 60 USD then thats already 30,000 USD. And i imagine FAR more people would donate and would donate a lot more, desperate to get ahead on the new server.

I would like some player and hoof feedback on this idea, and before you shoot it down and say not going to happen at least tell us why.

Now to improve the game that we have at the moment. I would say new PvP awards would help keep the rampaging PvP players at bay. As these are due to come out next week all is good there.However i do think as that(similar to the SE system) the awards we should circulate. At first the Sir Gwans set went for 250 FSPs. Within a month only 100. And the price is still falling. Having 3 bunches of items that can be made circulating every 2 months say would help sustain the prices of these items and the hooves wouldn't have to be adding new PvP rewards consistently to stop people from complaining.

GvG sucks. All it comes down to is which guild gets the first 50 hits. And when a smaller guild is getting targeted by FFS for example what chance do they have. Relics, maxed structures, and all the buffs they could dream off makes them basically unstoppable. Maybe find a way to make GvG fairer. I would also like to know what has happened to that "Guild Fortress" idea that came up. I thought that would spice things up a bit but obviously too many people disagreed.

I will go now and ask my guild what they would think of having a second server.Some of the people I have asked already have agreed.

#75 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 19:51

Firstly myself and a lot of other FS players are still waiting for the iOS and Android FS apps. I have made a topic on this but no hoof as yet agknoledged it.

Apologies for not acknoledging your topic on it. We are planning to make a mobile web interface which will work on both iOS and Android. It won't have the full functionality of the game initially, but we can continue to improve it in the future.

Secondly I think we should have a second server. I have said this before. Sure, this will make the hoofs jobs harder as content will be different to suit each servers needs but it is not impossible to do. Take a look around at some of the biggest MMORPG's at the moment. I think you will find a lot of them have more than one server.

A lot of people have said that more advertising is needed as the amount of players decline. I certainly would be hugely discouraged if when starting a new game i discovered that i was 1400 levels, around 10,000 fsps and 2 years worth of play time from becoming a high level player. This helps reinforce the idea for a second server. Why not have a huge advertising frenzy saying "new server opens soon" and then maybe more people will start playing. I am nearly certain that having an extra server would bring in huge amounts of income for HCS. If 500 FS current players make accounts on the server and 500 of us donate 60 USD then thats already 30,000 USD. And i imagine FAR more people would donate and would donate a lot more, desperate to get ahead on the new server.

I would like some player and hoof feedback on this idea, and before you shoot it down and say not going to happen at least tell us why.

I'm not opposed to this at all and infact I think it may be a good idea. I don't think content would be an issue as the content could theoretically be replicated across both the 'worlds'.

It would also allow players to create a character on each world, which would be kinda cool. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Now to improve the game that we have at the moment. I would say new PvP awards would help keep the rampaging PvP players at bay. As these are due to come out next week all is good there.However i do think as that(similar to the SE system) the awards we should circulate. At first the Sir Gwans set went for 250 FSPs. Within a month only 100. And the price is still falling. Having 3 bunches of items that can be made circulating every 2 months say would help sustain the prices of these items and the hooves wouldn't have to be adding new PvP rewards consistently to stop people from complaining.

We are planning to rotate the rewards that are available.

GvG sucks. All it comes down to is which guild gets the first 50 hits. And when a smaller guild is getting targeted by FFS for example what chance do they have. Relics, maxed structures, and all the buffs they could dream off makes them basically unstoppable. Maybe find a way to make GvG fairer. I would also like to know what has happened to that "Guild Fortress" idea that came up. I thought that would spice things up a bit but obviously too many people disagreed.

I think the general consensus was that the community liked the idea of the Guild Fortress system, but didn't want to see it replace the current Guild Conflict system. I think once the improvements discussed regarding the Guild Conflicts are implemented they will be a lot better :)

#76 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:01

Secondly I think we should have a second server. I have said this before. Sure, this will make the hoofs jobs harder as content will be different to suit each servers needs but it is not impossible to do. Take a look around at some of the biggest MMORPG's at the moment. I think you will find a lot of them have more than one server.

I'm not opposed to this at all and infact I think it may be a good idea. I don't think content would be an issue as the content could theoretically be replicated across both the 'worlds'.

It would also allow players to create a character on each world, which would be kinda cool. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Players should only have 1 character hoof. Please, don't open the floodgates for more multies :(

#77 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:13

Players should only have 1 character hoof. Please, don't open the floodgates for more multies :(

I believe it was meant to be on 2 different servers which means there would be No co-mingling between the 2 characters

#78 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:16

What would be really helpful would be if everyone could list their issues with the game currently (ie. if skill isn't working as intended etc.) then we can systematically go through the issues and do our best to resolve them before implementing any new features etc.

- hoof

Hoof, you're overlooking something quite obvious here. Some bugs can't be raised on the forums due to the way those who watch the forums would exploit them in the time before they are fixed. This then requires raising tickets in the support system, which is like pulling teeth. It's so hard these days to even get issues acknowledged. Many people have stopped bothering as a result.

#79 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:31

I believe it was meant to be on 2 different servers which means there would be No co-mingling between the 2 characters

Indeed :)

#80 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 April 2012 - 20:34

In the forum if they could just do something as little as leave a hoofprint on the threads and comments that they have read it would help. At least we could see that they have been present.

I like that idea :)

Would that be the X's on posts now?

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: