#61 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 18:16

(as an aside ... Flask of Death and Watch Your Back pots in the caves too please ?)

We now return you to your regular news channel :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#62 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,868 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 18:18

(as an aside ... Flask of Death and Watch Your Back pots in the caves too please ?)

Well, if someone else had asked, I might have considered it, but because it's you, NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Maybe.

#63 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 18:21

Well, if someone else had asked, I might have considered it, but because it's you, NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Maybe.

:P - several have asked - ya must dislike all them too LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#64 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 November 2014 - 18:27

Was thinking of running one in the next day or two, yeah. But Wraiths or Pinata? THAT'S the million dollar question!

Dug through forum threads...
28 Feb 2014 - Rise of the Wraiths I
17 Apr 2014 - Rise of the Wraiths II
01 Jun 2014 - Rise of the Wraiths III
11 Jul 2014 - Pinata Frenzy I
26 Sep 2014 - Pinata Frenzy II

So do we continue the pattern and hang some pinatas? Or do we let the wraiths roam around as they've been locked up for a while? Hmmm...

#65 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2014 - 19:45

Oh YEA....i could use a Frag Global.....lol   :)   (Wraiths)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#66 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 21:33

You misquoted me BigGrim.  I did not request more crystal and legendary events.  By increasing  the crystal and legendary fragments required you are putting even more gear into the fs world by having more events for us to collect these fragments. 

If Composing was designed to use up gear we naturally collect as we hunt shouldnt the ration of more commons and rares be adhered to as these are the items we collect through our regular hunt.

Also its unfair to give lvl 50 composers no credit for composed pots they have made since reaching lvl 50.  When eoc players reach eoc they continue to get xp so why should this not apply to composing ?   Its like players who have composed quickly are being penalised for doing so, first with no new buffs for all these months and now by you adding more lvls and saying what you have done since reaching lvl 50 does not count.  Totally unfair !!

I do not think this is unfair to anyone. 

That being said, I do not care if it is hard cap or soft cap consistence is what matters to me.  One update we retro and another we don't.

I don't care if it is retro or not, but set one standard (policy) and stick to it.... PERIOD. 

Edited by justinian9, 25 November 2014 - 21:45.

#67 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:03

Any chance we get this week a Distil 200 for composed pots only as a new buff?

#68 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:53

Composing was presented to us as 50 levels with buffs unlocked as we increase in levels.  This did not happen after a certain point. 

To add new levels now and not give any acknowledgement to what has happened to date is not fair to those who have completed the task of reaching lvl 50 composing.   How is this not logical?

I agree with you Melissa, there should be some acknowledgement of all composing xp if it's possible to administer it retroactively. There are too many jealous haters out there. Pay no attention and get Hoof's attention. That's who you need to convince. You should not be punished for hitting the cap which is what is effectively happening. Character leveling has diminishing returns for a reason, so players can compete sometimes spending money without grinding away to level infinity. Composing should be no different. The current composing only hits a wall which needs to be addressed. The same insatiable content has already begun in composing. So rather than punish players who excel there should be some adjustment to how composing EOC is handled. Maybe set up diminishing returns there as well...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#69 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:09

I do not think this is unfair to anyone.

That being said, I do not care if it is hard cap or soft cap consistence is what matters to me. One update we retro and another we don't.

I don't care if it is retro or not, but set one standard (policy) and stick to it.... PERIOD.

Consistency indeed... Guild achievements were not retro'd, SE's were. Composed pots will not be.

#70 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:16

I agree with you Melissa, there should be some acknowledgement of all composing xp if it's possible to administer it retroactively. There are too many jealous haters out there. Pay no attention and get Hoof's attention. That's who you need to convince. You should not be punished for hitting the cap which is what is effectively happening. Character leveling has diminishing returns for a reason, so players can compete sometimes spending money without grinding away to level infinity. Composing should be no different. The current composing only hits a wall which needs to be addressed. The same insatiable content has already begun in composing. So rather than punish players who excel there should be some adjustment to how composing EOC is handled. Maybe set up diminishing returns there as well...

Wait wait wait, your refering eoc leveling to eoc composing? Okay, thats fine, but I'll explain why it's flawed in your arguement below.

EoC leveling is a core component of this game, this game is all about exploring the world of eridiath ( idk the spelling, sue me) and killing things in the realm to level up and become stronger, composing is a feature added to give something else to do, In terms of relevance, they are two completely different things.

Now, if grim has even stated it's a hardcap, why are there still arguements over it? Do i really have to dumb the arguement down to basis WoW?

k I will.

In world of warcraft ( cows, delete this post if you want, but this game is so popular that I'd pay 10 fsp if someone told me they didn't know about wow) there are similar things.

Leveling

Professions.

Now when you hit 100 in WoW ( new expansion) and continue to quest, you don't get exp, this is a hard cap

Now in professions when you reach a max level in the profession it is also a hard cap

Now in both instances, when the game is expanded, exp is not given retro because it'd reduce the content available ( I.E THE LEVELS) From a business point of view, this would reduce their re-subscription rate.

So really, the arguement you and others in this thread, that has already been shot down by grim but you continue to protest your point is

• Cows we want you to make it so every pot after hard cap means we have less levels to grind after you increase the cap. This means we'll be better off than the others, but then complain to you that there is less content.

Edit - my spelling is horrible, spell checker on opera wasn't working this time, so sorry :(

Edited by Runesaur, 25 November 2014 - 23:22.

#71 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:23

In world of warcraft ( cows, delete this post if you want, but this game is so popular that I'd pay 10 fsp if someone told me they didn't know about wow)

I know not what you speak of. :P

Cheers.

wil72

#72 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:45

Wraiths, the last two were pinatas ;)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#73 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:49

So really, the arguement you and others in this thread, that has already been shot down by grim but you continue to protest your point is

What does WOW have to do with this game? I will also remind you that HCS works as a team. At the top of the hierarchy is Hoofmaster. I will continue to argue my points until told there is no chance(and even then I might try depending how passionate I am about the topic). I think doing something about composing EOC is necessary and that players' efforts composing past EOC shouldn't be neglected. What is your problem with that?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#74 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:59

Yes it was shot down my Grim, but why was it shot down?  No valid reason was given. There seems to be no consistency in the way decisions are made.  Grim is a part of a team and Hoof or John may be more reasonable with my request.

• Cows we want you to make it so every pot after hard cap means we have less levels to grind after you increase the cap. This means we'll be better off than the others, but then complain to you that there is less content.

In what way are lvl 50 composers better off than the others?   They have made the potions which they should get recognition for so they are not any better off.  What you are saying is even though u have already made them ... make them again !!    ..  You seriously think that is fair?

Edited by Melissa3, 26 November 2014 - 01:02.

#75 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:08

What does WOW have to do with this game? I will also remind you that HCS works as a team. At the top of the hierarchy is Hoofmaster. I will continue to argue my points until told there is no chance(and even then I might try depending how passionate I am about the topic). I think doing something about composing EOC is necessary and that players' efforts composing past EOC shouldn't be neglected. What is your problem with that?

Well it seems people aren't grasping the hard cap terminology, and the difference between EoC and EoC for composing. So it felt easier to explain it in the sense of a game where Hard caps are everywhere.

I agree, we need people to be passionate about aspects in this game to make this game go further, but there are some things that aren't logical in any sense, and this ''soft cap'' suggestion, is one of them.

Yes it was shut down my Grim, but why was it shut down?  No valid reason was given. There seems to be no consistency in the way decisions are made.  Grim is a part of a team and Hoof or John may be more reasonable with my request.

In what way are lvl 50 composers better off than the others?   They have made the potions which they should get recognition for so they are not any better off.  What you are saying is even though u have already made them ... make them again !!    ..  You seriously think that is fair?

I can't speak for grim, but I would've thought people realise max level is 50 on composing, so maybe that is why?

They are better off because they'd have less to grind? It's simple math man :/.

I can't be the one to determine it's fair, It's not me who figures that our Melissa, it's hoof, If he deems it fair and just ( this suggestion) and goes through with it so be it, I'm just looking at it from a seasoned mmorpg players PoV, and seeing a hard-cap removed always has it's issues.

Such as,

Your going to complain because the logarithim, for the exp per level/composing level may vary ( some games do this) in one such game leveling once required 3million exp, then suddenly 9million. If they added the exp in retro, you'd consider your time useless possibly, because you didn't think you'd progress as little as you did.

More that I can't think of at this hour.

#76 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:48

Consistency and clarity - it would be nice in all areas of the game.

It would also be good if the team had a coherent policy and spoke to each other and were all on message, as the impression is that this is not the case. BG says one thing, Hoof alters or countermands it. In the forum. (Why not discuss the correct strategy in an HCS office first and not disagree in front of the kids? Just teaches them to play you off against each other - look at it happen right now in this thread!!) Not good for team credibility, if you ask me.

Talk to each other HCS guys, and work out your plan BEFORE talking to us, and be the grown ups in the room.

Consistency and clarity would make everyone happier, even if we players  disagreed with your management decisions, if you stuck with them, or clearly and logically explained why changes are made, we'd be happier.

On the other hand - sometimes parents hide unpleasant truths from the kids. So yeah, sometimes just make the decision, and say it ain't up for debate or discussion. Be the grown ups in the room.

Flip flopping and waffling just infuriates everyone. I don't envy you, but I'm also losing patience/interest. Some consistency and clarity would help me stay interested. Good luck.

My 2c.

Edited by Belaric, 26 November 2014 - 01:53.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#77 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,868 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:45

Pay no attention and get Hoof's attention. That's who you need to convince. You should not be punished for hitting the cap which is what is effectively happening.

Actually, no. Hoofmaster and Radneto are with me on this. You get to the end cap of Eldevin or any other MMORPG, you do not get credit to future content. Same thing is happening here. It is not unfair, it's how we want it to work. We don't want to add a brand new section to Composing only to have some players boost straight to sixty. It invalidates the new cap.

As for "punishing" players, it's not punishment. It's exactly the opposite! With this update, you will get access to ALL the buffs plugged in from level 22 to 50! Instant new options that few others will have as well as being the first to be able to access the brand new buffs.

#78 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:15

Actually, no. Hoofmaster and Radneto are with me on this. You get to the end cap of Eldevin or any other MMORPG, you do not get credit to future content. Same thing is happening here. It is not unfair, it's how we want it to work. We don't want to add a brand new section to Composing only to have some players boost straight to sixty. It invalidates the new cap.

As for "punishing" players, it's not punishment. It's exactly the opposite! With this update, you will get access to ALL the buffs plugged in from level 22 to 50! Instant new options that few others will have as well as being the first to be able to access the brand new buffs.

As BigGrim mentioned, the composing level is capped currently (unlike the player level) and hence no xp is earned above the cap. Once the cap increases in the next update, it will be possible to gain composing xp again if you are already at Composing Level 50.

#79 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:58

time for the "wraiths" to come back...been quite a while..cant wait for composing update to see the changes..all looks good from here...frag frenzy in the coming weeks..

#80 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:56

in the guild log..can you refer to the item taken by potion name instead of just 'composing item' as that is quite generic..also easier to tell what kind of composed potions were taken...thanks...looking forward to seeing the changes take place : )

+1 on this.

By adding the potion name in the guild log it will make it easier to keep track of what potions are taken from our packs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: