133 replies to this topic

#61 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:25

LoL So how many people other than Tyskersejt has quick kill running on the new UI? :?:

:lol:

Also, Anyone with firefox 10 having problems with fshelper?

thnx

quick kill works just fine for me. i switched over to the new UI JUST To see how the new map system worked with hunting and i like it tons more than the old system. ANd i was totally against the new map and UI until i tried it. im a converted believer LOL

#62 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:46

This is great news HCS. Please DO! Discontinue the old UI, out with the old and in with the new. I started of disliking the new UI and continued using the older UI. But eventually i changed to try the new map system and never changed back. I think it looks good. Much more up to date. And after the final issues have been ironed out i think it will be a massive improvement. You guys stated that you would be looking to port many of the FSH features into the game anyway so i see no real reason to work around the current FSH script.

Also i hope to see the new map soon become the only map available to use. :)

#63 deadjoe

deadjoe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:50

Just curious, why did you guys rearrange the links on the left hand side of the screen? I don't see the point in that.

could you put them back to how we been used to for the last 5 years and im ok with the new UI, but the new map is still way to buggy. I cant get quests to load up , cant go through stairs to next world and half the time i have to keep closing the tab when moving because it freezes the map.

#64 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:56

the new map works great for most people I believe.

so HCS is now planning on having the game playable by "most" of its' current customers?

#65 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 17:08

Halo! Thnk the cow! I updated to firefox 10, latest greasemonkey.
The interface is fshelper, and the option is in the new UI preferences. This is excellent. I didnt even have to update fshelper. I cannot vouch for quick kill etc, yet. But the "you are missing buffs" is showing in the new UI... :o

Maybe the new UI isnt so bad... :?

Thanx paingwin and Tyskersejt. It worked this time. LoL! :mrgreen:

#66 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 February 2012 - 17:21

Ok I have posted this a few times to no avail but here goes the header on the new 'classic' theme is horrible the text,spacing and just visual of it is off any chance you could fix the aesthetics of this new UI before we are forced to look at it?

For those that don't Know what I'm talking about the top is the old header bottom is the new 'classic'
Posted Image

#67 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 February 2012 - 17:24

Most people don't like change. I'm sure if most you guys took the time to actually try the new UI out you would see that it isn't really that bad. Maybe even better.

Although I can't speak on running on a different computer. But it works fine on mine.. I don't move around without it. Cuts my hunt time nearly in half.

#68 fs_thamag

fs_thamag
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:14

Most people don't like change.

Nothing personal, but most people don't like change when the change is for the worse.
I just updated everything possible and using only the new UI I don't have keyboard shortcuts and all creatures are on the "do not kill" list.

With new UI and map it gets slightly better, but also A LOT SLOWER.
( and i think the new map is ugly to say the least )

#69 deadjoe

deadjoe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:31

could you make guild chat fit in its respected area, even the buttons dont fit .

Posted Image

#70 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:41

could you make guild chat fit in its respected area, even the buttons dont fit .

Posted Image

Character > Preferences > FSH Settings > Enhance Chat Text Entry (make sure no check mark) > save settings

It is a FSH issue

#71 deadjoe

deadjoe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:46

Character > Preferences > FSH Settings > Enhance Chat Text Entry (make sure no check mark) > save settings

It is a FSH issue

cool, will this fix the auction house buttons and guild log also?

#72 fs_ralphied

fs_ralphied
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:52

Can we at least keep the complaints valid? Saying things are not working that actually do work fine is just confusing everyone on this board. Quick kill works, my FSH works just fine, etc. Everyone with issues should update their browsers and fsh before posting erroneous faults. Should also check the forum for existing solutions. It's just wasting everyone's time. Reordering the menus on the left side is not a functionality issue. Everything is there, seriously - your brain can handle a different order of the menus. Don't fear change, embrace progress. HCS does not bend to FSH's functionality. However FSH does eventually catch up.

#73 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:55

It is a FSH issue

cool, will this fix the auction house buttons and guild log also?

Sounds like you need to update your FSH. It all runs great when everything is updated, browser and FSH.

#74 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:01

I don't care either way with this change.

I will comment however that it's near impossible to get the cows attention to fix issues. I've posted many bugs and issues with the new interface, which are generic across all browsers and will impact user experience. The cows seem to only fix bugs and issues they want to fix and ignore the rest.

Then HCS wonders why they get such a frosty reception on threads like this.

And in the event hoof does read this, I posted in a appropriate thread a full error log and sent you a pm on the forums with a video of a browser in debug mode identifying when an issue occurs. Obviously it's still outstanding. Just one example.

#75 deadjoe

deadjoe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:03

(Current version: undefined, Last check: 13/Feb/2012 12:38:42)
updated and checked before posting anything and not everyone is up to date with everything that has been going on for months so im just trying to get up to date. Seems like FSH is the problem so i will just not use it . And thanks for the flame RalphieD , guys like you is why people dont come to forums for help.

#76 Woulfe

Woulfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:05

(Current version: undefined, Last check: 13/Feb/2012 12:38:42)
updated and checked before posting anything and not everyone is up to date with everything that has been going on for months so im just trying to get up to date. Seems like FSH is the problem so i will just not use it . And thanks for the flame RalphieD , guys like you is why people dont come to forums for help.

I ended up having to do a manual update. Not sure why but my FSH wasnt updating, so I update it weekly.

#77 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:12

I will comment however that it's near impossible to get the cows attention to fix issues. I've posted many bugs and issues with the new interface, which are generic across all browsers and will impact user experience. The cows seem to only fix bugs and issues they want to fix and ignore the rest.

And in the event hoof does read this, I posted in a appropriate thread a full error log and sent you a pm on the forums with a video of a browser in debug mode identifying when an issue occurs. Obviously it's still outstanding. Just one example.

I've taken a look at the video - many thanks for posting that up.

I think I see what may be happening with it and hopefully we'll get it fixed in the next update :)

#78 wraith99

wraith99

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:13

looks like wednesday will be my final day playing then. really dislike the "new" user interface and see absolutley no reason for it to be mandatory to use the second one. such is life. thankfully i did not spend alot of money or anything upgrading my account. or else i would be a tad upset

#79 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:13

Can we at least keep the complaints valid? Saying things are not working that actually do work fine is just confusing everyone on this board. Quick kill works, my FSH works just fine, etc. Everyone with issues should update their browsers and fsh before posting erroneous faults. Should also check the forum for existing solutions. It's just wasting everyone's time. Reordering the menus on the left side is not a functionality issue. Everything is there, seriously - your brain can handle a different order of the menus. Don't fear change, embrace progress. HCS does not bend to FSH's functionality. However FSH does eventually catch up.

This is a very fair post.

To add to it, one of the biggest Achilles heels for HCS now is the fact they allowed FSH in the first place. We now have a situation where many outstanding issues and disgruntled players are actually as a result of FSH. Players need to update it, or change settings and a large number aren't technically competent enough to do this without assistance and they then lash out at HCS for incompetence when the issue is not with HCS in the first place.

#80 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 13 February 2012 - 19:16

I've taken a look at the video - many thanks for posting that up.

I think I see what may be happening with it and hopefully we'll get it fixed in the next update :)

No offense hoof, but the original point still stands.

I can make posts like this here and there to get certain issues addressed, but many are still overlooked over the past threads. Players provide the info, but it gets lost in old threads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: