Photo

Old Arena System ( 2008 Style ) + Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Old Arena System ( gold + item tournaments ) (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the Old Arena System to be brought back to FS?

1. Yes! I tell you... (27 votes [79.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.41%

2. No! Let me tell you why... (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. I have never experienced the Gold and Item tournaments... (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:38

I didn't realise anyone was against us changing it to be honest. We could put an in-game poll on it if others also would prefer it stayed at 25%?

Poll it, i'm confident it will pass. It's only really a few people "not" happy with it. Although it won't effect them AT ALL...other then liven up the arena and speed it up. Really no need for a poll like this anyway...Whose it negatively effecting?

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 September 2015 - 20:38.

#62 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:39

Poll it, i'm confident it will pass. It's only really a few people "not" happy with it. Although it won't effect them AT ALL...other then liven up the arena and speed it up. Really no need for a poll like this anyway...Whose it negatively effecting?

I don't see any harm in doing a poll - I'll set one up on it now :)

#63 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:40

I don't see any harm in doing a poll - I'll set one up on it now :)

I just don't quite understand the harm in adding it? Sure arena players want the stagnant arena sped up :). Remember arena is a solo aspect not guild aspect. Used to be plenty of guilds back in the day but now everyone condensed into few guilds. Because of this alot of people haven't been able to join therefore arena is slow :).

#64 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:42

I just don't quite understand the harm in adding it? Sure arena players want the stagnant arena sped up :). Remember arena is a solo aspect not guild aspect. Used to be plenty of guilds back in the day but now everyone condensed into few guilds. Because of this alot of people haven't been able to join therefore arena is slow :).

Yeah I don't have any real issue with changing it - I think it's good to see what the community as a whole think tho! Poll is up now :)

If the community is in favour of the change we'll do it :)

#65 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:43

Yeah I don't have any real issue with changing it - I think it's good to see what the community as a whole think tho! Poll is up now :)

You got at least 100 yes's coming from my guild lmao...many of us can't even play a "solo aspect".

#66 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:55

You got at least 100 yes's coming from my guild lmao...many of us can't even play a "solo aspect".

Only 2 of your guild actually play the arena. And that not all the time.

#67 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:57

That's not true :), alot of us choose to just not play because we want others to be able to play. Nothing worse than gearing up and or setting your moves up just to see a message saying sorry 25% guild members.

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 September 2015 - 20:57.

#68 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2015 - 20:58

Please do not change the 25% guild participation limit. Thanks.

#69 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:04

please do change it..we need more players in arena..nothing to collude over.... nothing wrong with letting others play..limiting players in any aspect of the game in its current state is bad for the game..all inclusive is good..or at least 50%

#70 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:05

It is only the guild 'Minions of Mirkwood' who want the 25% guild participation limit changed for their benefit. 1 guild against all other guilds. Outvoted from the start.

#71 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:10

Leave the rule at 25% please ....

OK, folk may trot out the "it'll speed up the arena" - and, whilst that's true, i'd put money on that not being the "real" reason behind the request.

If arena strong guilds get the 50% rule, then in, for example, an 8 man arena, they'll enter 4 players.

Of course, there'll be no collusion between them about what those 4 will wear and what moves they'll use to maximise their guilds chances of winning - YEAH RIGHT ...

This vote to increase guild participation is, like most "gimme gimme gimme" threads, about making more profit, not about speeding up an area that has, according to a guild mate of mine, already sped up enormously since gold arenas were re-introduced ...

• 3JS likes this

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#72 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:16

Arena is a solo aspect give me a damn break. Profit in The arena? I thought arena incentive now a days was purely medal.

#73 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:18

It is only the guild 'Minions of Mirkwood' who want the 25% guild participation limit changed for their benefit. 1 guild against all other guilds. Outvoted from the start.

That's a very bold statement haha.

#74 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:19

We can see how the poll goes, but I suspect the majority will actually be against changing it from 25% to 50%.

#75 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:22

No one has yet to come forward and explain how the "arena" is a guild activity rather than a "solo" activity. For the sake of debating please do enlighten me. Otherwise I can not find your argument valid for "no"

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 September 2015 - 21:23.

#76 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:22

Arena is a solo aspect give me a damn break. Profit in The arena? I thought arena incentive now a days was purely medal.

So you say there'd be no guild collusion in that example of an 8 man arena ?

No, "2 of us in defence, 2 of us in armour and combat moves juggled to suit" will happen ?

Hmmm, why don't I believe you ?

(and, there's - albeit there have been for ages - talk of new prizes in the arena. That will, unless of course they're all bound, increase profit margins considerably)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#77 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:29

So you say there'd be no guild collusion in that example of an 8 man arena ?

No, "2 of us in defence, 2 of us in armour and combat moves juggled to suit" will happen ?

Hmmm, why don't I believe you ?

(and, there's - albeit there have been for ages - talk of new prizes in the arena. That will, unless of course they're all bound, increase profit margins considerably)

Lol, if you can manage to coordinate that i will award you the FS tactician medal of the year. That's just so overly unrealistic that it's not even valid. Besides the match ups are now "Randomized". That's super unrealistic. Besides that wouldn't even work lol. Everyone knows you get the most success rate in no move arenas in purely armor dmg...and with moves you use purely defense. Doing said method would give absolutely no advantage. Still stand firm on arena being a SOLO aspect.

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 September 2015 - 21:32.

#78 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:33

That's a very bold statement haha.

3 bold statements

#79 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:34

3 bold statements

I'm actually very interested in the poll results :). The game should reward activity not discourage it...That's my thought anyway. If active enough any guild would have the same problem. It's human nature to beable to empathize but many people lack it unfortunately. One of the few characteristics that distinguish humans from robots. What is a guild only allowed a max of 4 arena players? Absurd. You said yourself apparently "none" of us really play anyhow :P.

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 September 2015 - 21:42.

#80 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 21:42

*Edit 

Edited by EpicPiety, 02 September 2015 - 21:42.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: