336 replies to this topic

#61 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:14

I can't find the logic in that poll tbh... revert back to old system means we will have dead pvp ladder again?

#62 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:14

Let me start out by saying I think this change is on the right track, it still needs some adjustments, but has potential.

I would rather everyone who makes it to titan league have a fair chance, but still have to beat every single opponent regardless of level, as the idea is to see who is the Top PVPer.

1 Possible Solution is to have the Titan league as follows:

-Everyone in Titan League is given the same restrictions for Gear. What does this mean? It would be similar to entering an Arena event. At the very begging of the league you get a Message saying "Congratulations for qualifying for the Titan League, This round Attacking Gear is Limited to Level 1500 gear and Below"

-For Rated Attacks NO MATTER what level you are you are able to equip gear up to the Max level of the league. This would only be allowed for people in the Titan League. (probably should also have some kind of Min level required to qualify for titan maybe level 100)

2nd Possible Idea to make it more even:

-Have the Crystal rewards have a very high level of Mighty Vigor so people could equip gear +500 to + 1000 levels above theirs and have access to better gear to compete with.

I agree as long as idea #1 is changed as such. For titan league you will have a seperate gear loudout...essentially a second profile that is for rated pvp....You are able to wear 9 items and it will look actually like player profile right now. Instead of limiting attacking gear you simply randomly generate a level for the players that qualify to be. For example "Congratulations for qualifying for the Titan League, This rounds PvP season Level is 500"

I also agree with idea #2 aslong as it works like this. Much like this make this buff on everyone throughout the whole season. It will be a buff unique to Rated PvP. it will scale with EoC and allow every player to have access to every set in the game. If they they try to pve it will give a warning message asking if they want to PVE anyways even losing all the gear that isn't their VL. Same thing for unrated pvp attacks coming in. The person initating the attack will get a warning notifcation asking if they want to go through with the attack.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 19:29.

#63 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:18

hoof i see that the old style of rating transfer (like the old ladder) is being used - only flaw to this is we cant choose our targets to NOT hit those with a lower rating than us -kinda annoying to hit players and get a rating of 4 - while others that hit me get 20+

im thinking more of a set transfer is needed / maybe with a reduction of transfer for higher lvl players attacking lower lvl players and vice versa 

Edited by matt2269f, 03 August 2015 - 19:30.

#64 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:20

I can't find the logic in that poll tbh... revert back to old system means we will have dead pvp ladder again?

Whichever way the community decide, we can work towards improvements of it (along with the community)

#65 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:24

i do like the new bounty board system 

#66 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:27

Let me start out by saying I think this change is on the right track, it still needs some adjustments, but has potential.

I would rather everyone who makes it to titan league have a fair chance, but still have to beat every single opponent regardless of level, as the idea is to see who is the Top PVPer.

-Everyone in Titan League is given the same restrictions for Gear. What does this mean? It would be similar to entering an Arena event. At the very begging of the league you get a Message saying "Congratulations for qualifying for the Titan League, This round Attacking Gear is Limited to Level 1500 gear and Below"

-For Rated Attacks NO MATTER what level you are you are able to equip gear up to the Max level of the league. This would only be allowed for people in the Titan League. (probably should also have some kind of Min level required to qualify for titan maybe level 100)

-Have the Crystal rewards have a very high level of Mighty Vigor so people could equip gear +500 to + 1000 levels above theirs and have access to better gear to compete with.

Interesting suggestion as usual :)

About MIghty vigor high lvl part .. i think it would be insane level like 50k or above..

but 1st solution could be the best possible solution

Edited by shindrak, 03 August 2015 - 19:28.

#67 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:32

Whichever way the community decide, we can work towards improvements of it (along with the community)

if we revert will you revamp prizes? Make the ladders one week - 2 week random end but offer the same prizes? 1st=titan reward 2nd= crystal reward 3rd= gold reward and so on and so forth? if you do this i think it will be super super super super active! Let's not waste progress if we revert back...players definitely love the prizes. players love the old ladder system...Why not extend when it ends a tad bit and make the prizes better...If you make a community poll once this passes i think it will be favored by the community IMO............... NO PVP TOKENS PLEASE...DELETE THEM FROM GAME TOO LIKE YOU PROMISED. Model reward after seasons.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 19:37.

#68 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

OK ill give my honest openion, Return PvP to its previous glory in its entirety, with one change, bounty hunters should loose XP if they fail while attacking a player like they use to. Keep your fancy season you worked so hard on and make it into a global event, iv often thought you should have a pvp event. Also put the ladder back to the way it was as well only with rewards that are actualy worth something for your time (bound in my openion) like new gear to create or potions perhaps more like the arena prizes

LOL, hmm, lets see now how many participated in that old ladder sytem, really???

#69 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

i really like the seasons - so hopefully it can stay even if just implemented as a seperate event like the arena 

#70 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:33

how would you separate mighty vigor so that it is not used for leveling? 

#71 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:37

This has so much potential and its soo likeable....

But i choose to not level if i wanted to wear sets at a higher level i would have leveled. 

is it "fair" to make it possible for me to wear higher level gear even though i haven't done the time to level?  

I truly believe that  if this system is being  concidered  it should also be something similar to the arena. 

you cant just give me mighty vigor because ill slap on damage gear and overkill and hunt like theres no tomorrow. sorry =/  

this system has to be removed from normal game play. 

Edited by Glaucous, 03 August 2015 - 19:43.

#72 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:38

I agree as long as idea #1 is changed as such. For titan league you will have a seperate gear loudout...essentially a second profile that is for rated pvp....You are able to wear 9 items and it will look actually like player profile right now. When you hit fight player it will bring you to their "rated PvP profile". Instead of limiting attacking gear you simply randomly generate a level for the players that qualify to be. For example "Congratulations for qualifying for the Titan League, This rounds PvP season Level is 500"

I also agree with idea #2 aslong as it works like this. Much like this make this buff on everyone throughout the whole season. It will be a buff unique to Rated PvP. it will scale with EoC and allow every player to have access to every set in the game. If they they try to pve it will give a warning message asking if they want to PVE anyways even losing all the gear that isn't their VL. Same thing for unrated pvp attacks coming in. The person initating the attack will get a warning notifcation asking if they want to go through with the attack.

read my edits to his idea , you missed them...although i like idea #1 more... #2 is still kind of flawed imo.

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 19:43.

#73 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:41

how would you separate mighty vigor so that it is not used for leveling? 

Whats wrong if low level players benefits from it ? :) let them kill creatures easily it won't hurt the game its easy already ain't it?

1st possible option seems an advanced solution of it :)

#74 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:46

If HCS implemented Leo's idea #1 with my edit i would be all for changing my poll vote :).

#75 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:56

I need to asked hcs staff how long will this season be? I did not see the length how long this round of leagues going to be thanks. 

#76 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:00

The old pvp ladder was, let's be blunt here, a farce.

I watched it quite often in days of old, when PvP'rs were saying that it was "active" only to find that most (not all) bands were being won by 1 hit in the entire session and folks were sitting there, raking in the tokens with little to no work.

So, for me, as a non-pvp'r, to say revert back to that option is non-sensical. The game is meant to reward EFFORT - there was no effort on the majority of the pvp bands.

Ergo, stick with the new system. Sure, tweak it some more to pacify those most vocal about aspects of it, but a complete backflip ? - I know you'll lose a lot of player respect if that's the road you go down ...

Edited by Pardoux, 03 August 2015 - 20:08.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#77 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:08

I need to asked hcs staff how long will this season be? I did not see the length how long this round of leagues going to be thanks. 

August 17th at 12:00pm  League will end 

#78 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:08

I liked the old ladder, the new ladder is just about having the most stamina or being online at the end doing your attacks to get your rank up, and now with the potions if you have the stamina and the potions everyone else is at a huge disadvantage, plus it does not encourage new players to join since they have no chance against a level 2500+

If the old ladder was dead it's because most people are scared to go against more then 1 player from the same guild and there were no new rewards for a long time.

I think guildies should be able to hit each other on the old ladder.

It's supposed to be dominance.

A thing to consider... even if 60% of players vote to keep the new system a big chunk of the other 40% will quit the game.

Every time a change is made to the game and stuff people like they quit and numbers of online players keep going down. 

Why not make the game like it was when there were 2000 players online at a time?

Edited by RageAnger, 04 August 2015 - 02:09.

#79 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:11

hi all after the new update i cant find targets..i did 10 attacks and now no target for me .... :(  :(

#80 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 20:29

Hi guys, i made an alternative thread to discuss a potential fix to the titan league. Please visit the thread and provide some feedback good or bad and explain why...also leave a vote :). You simply don't like it let me know too. i accept any kind of feedback and will work with it :). It's way to confusing and hard to provide feedback in a single thread with many conversations gonig on at once. https://forums.hunte...an-league-fair/

Edited by EpicPiety, 03 August 2015 - 20:30.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)
Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: