107 replies to this topic

#61 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:54

Give me 10 guild names that suffer with the 25% rule and I can agree with you guys, but the only people who think that's a good idea belongs to the same guild.

That doesn't sound fair to me, not even a game problem, it's more like a guild problem.

#62 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:28

There's L.3000+ arenas now :huh: ! Not sure how much sense that is making to increase participation. Or is this the hint that there is a huge content update coming B) !

Basically, it doesn't make any sense at all to have arenas which are higher than EoC. Why create them when nobody has equipment for them anyway. I'm pretty sure that nobody from the Cows is putting the upper limit for arena level in manually into the system, so it should be easy enough to program a max.limit related to the highest content level. Currently there is 10 arenas higher than EoC. Keep these within current limits and there is already a lot more available for everybody!

Edited by Sakuliver, 07 April 2015 - 09:52.

#63 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:13

There's L.3000+ arenas now :huh: ! Not sure how much sense that is making to increase participation. Or is this the hint that there is a huge content update coming B) !

Basically, it doesn't make any sense at all to have arenas which are higher than EoC. Why create them when nobody has equipment for them anyway. I'm pretty sure that nobody from the Cows is putting the upper limit for arena level in manually into the system, so it should be easy enough to program a max.limit related to the highest content level. Currently there is 10 arenas higher than EoC. Keep these within current limits and there is already a lot more available for everybody!

well it gives use to any eoc gear or LE gear that still applies at the top, lot of it can last a lot of levels.

#64 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:32

There's L.3000+ arenas now huh.png!

What the devil?!? That's not right. Made Zorg aware of it. Looking into it, because that should NOT be happening.

#65 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:27

Give me 10 guild names that suffer with the 25% rule and I can agree with you guys, but the only people who think that's a good idea belongs to the same guild.

That doesn't sound fair to me, not even a game problem, it's more like a guild problem.

bump 100...our guild has multiple arena players..WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS with the 25% rule...please do not add us to that list.  LOL

#66 muush

muush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:39

Unfortunately, it has to stay at 25%.  There is only one reason and one reason only to participate in Arena.  Wins.  Because the token prize system is a joke.  All the Arena gear, recipes and ingredients you used to have to compete for, making them rare, can be bought with tokens.  Virtually making it all worthless.  Same with the potions.  And composing has made some of those not only worthless but obsolete.  It is now the ultimate gold sink.  You will be putting WAY more in than you will ever get out which leaves you nothing to compete for but wins.  And although, I find it highly unlikely that a guild would fill a tournament just to get one guildmate a win, it would be possible.  I know gold don't mean much but still that is alot of gold to be doling out to just get a few wins.  A few wins on an online RPG where the G stands for game.  But because it is possible, the 25% rule must stay.  And for those who are going to say I can just get my friends and do it anyway.  It is possible.  So go ahead.  If you can convince 7 of your non-competitive friends from 4 different guilds to get in an Arena and then pay their way in just so you can get a win?  You have my blessing to cheat all day long. 

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

#67 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 13:00

Tokens reward and entry fee should be lowered so players should join more tourneys to collect tokens and  they can afford joining more tourneys with low entry fee ... this might increase participation

I mean make all tourneys rewards 10 tokens and 10k gold entry fee

Edited by shindrak, 07 April 2015 - 13:04.

#68 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2015 - 19:30

This thread is a repeat of a thread from 1-2 weeks ago.

- do not change the 25% rule. It's fine the way it is.

- add gold tourneys to get more interest

- increase the number of lower level tourneys to get more interest

- see my suggestions in previous thread on the same topic 1-2 weeks ago

#69 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:16

Dont change the 25% rule=)  ...that being said I may be in the minority ..but I like the arena token  system.. Im no longer winning junk anymore  ..thus I dont have junk in my Ah anymore that no one would buy..and eventually I had to throw away or frag it out .. I  can buy pots w/ tokens and sell pots that people actually want :) ..but to appease many ..it would be cool to see old school gold tourneys for the fun of it ;)

#70 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:12

Ok, those old items are already flooded on the market anyway, so no reason to give then as prizes.

But please HCS, do the follow:

- Implement Gold tournaments again.
- When new items were introduced, DON'T ALLOW TO BUY WITH TOKENS, make then tournament prizes only, and again, when new-new-items were introduced, the old-new-items go to the Token Shop.

That way the Arena will be alive again, without people flooding the market.

#71 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:14

Ok, those old items are already flooded on the market anyway, so no reason to give then as prizes.

But please HCS, do the follow:

- Implement Gold tournaments again.
- When new items were introduced, DON'T ALLOW TO BUY WITH TOKENS, make then tournament prizes only, and again, when new-new-items were introduced, the old-new-items go to the Token Shop.

That way the Arena will be alive again, without people flooding the market.

So, in essence, revert completely to the old arena, which was stagnant and thus tokens were brought in to revitalise it ?

That's not gonna work :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#72 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:30

So, in essence, revert completely to the old arena, which was stagnant and thus tokens were brought in to revitalise it ?

Did I said that? Guess I'm just crazy.

I said to keep Token Shop for old Arena Items, and for Gold Exchange, but keep the new items as prizes, or the market will overflow in just one day, since a lot of people are sitting on thousands of tokens already. 

#73 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:37

Did I said that? Guess I'm just crazy.

I said to keep Token Shop for old Arena Items, and for Gold Exchange, but keep the new items as prizes, or the market will overflow in just one day, since a lot of people are sitting on thousands of tokens already. 

Yeah, but ...

The old arena consisted of Gold and Item prizes (plus moves) - which is what you want to go back to

It was changed to a token system because it was stagnant and not enough players.

Reverting to that model (regardless of keeping the old prizes and tokens) isn't going to work because that was the basis for changing it in the first place.

I don't know WHY players are sitting on 1000's of tokens, unless it's purely for the introduction of new prizes ? - some of the prizes still fetch a reasonable price in the AH

And, let's be honest here - why SHOULD prizes go back to being awarded directly (rather than via token purchase) ? - LE sets aren't "price-protected" when they're launched ? - so why should other facets be ?

Let the market decide the price of something ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#74 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:29

Yeah, but ...

The old arena consisted of Gold and Item prizes (plus moves) - which is what you want to go back to

It was changed to a token system because it was stagnant and not enough players.

Reverting to that model (regardless of keeping the old prizes and tokens) isn't going to work because that was the basis for changing it in the first place.

I don't know WHY players are sitting on 1000's of tokens, unless it's purely for the introduction of new prizes ? - some of the prizes still fetch a reasonable price in the AH

And, let's be honest here - why SHOULD prizes go back to being awarded directly (rather than via token purchase) ? - LE sets aren't "price-protected" when they're launched ? - so why should other facets be ?

Let the market decide the price of something ...

Guess we should just agree to disagree, because I really believe if new items are introduced on Token Shop the market will go crazy for one day, after that the Arena will die again.

New potions on Token Shop: I agree.
New items on Token Shop: I disagree.

For me the Arena Prizes should be:
- Arena Tokens.
- Gold.
- New items.

For me the Token Shop should be:
- Gold exchange.
- Old and new potions.
- Old items.
- Moves.

Everytime new items are released, the previous batch should be added to the Token Shop.

That will make enough tournaments to keep Arena alive for the new Items and Gold Tournaments, and make the Token Shop alive for new/old potions and old items, and for some fast gold.

#75 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:45

actually the token system was meant to be done the way shin designed it, to give incentives for runners up, this system is not that, new prizes are a seperate issue :)

#76 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:30

I don't think the old system didn't work, it was so stagnant, because the items have not changed for years. I remember those items in the arena right now are those that I used to play for back in 2008, now its 2015. Nothing new other than the potions. Ofc nobodys gonna play for those stuff, they are worth no penny. They only have to change the items in arena every now and then and I am sure people will start play again. I see no reason to play 7 years for the same prize, its just natural that people are going to give up. The current system doesnt work, removal of gold arena, nail in the coffin. The old system was alright, if only prizes had not been the same for so many years.

Edited by WYB, 08 April 2015 - 13:28.

#77 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:30

Actually, it really didn't work. And the prizes were updated more than once in 7 years, thanks.

#78 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 13:34

Actually, it really didn't work. And the prizes were updated more than once in 7 years, thanks.

then whats your take on combining the 2 systems? Make item and gold arena spawn, let the winner have the prize and runnerups have tokens? Make the old items purchasable with tokens. That way every time you create new items you can put the old ones in the market for tokens.

#79 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2015 - 13:37

I think it's reasonable enough but we have other reasons for the removal of the old system. It's certainly something I can discuss with Hoofmaster, Zorg and Mojawk.

#80 WYB

WYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 13:58

I think it's reasonable enough but we have other reasons for the removal of the old system. It's certainly something I can discuss with Hoofmaster, Zorg and Mojawk.

I am sure I can talk for many of us that we would be happy if you could start focusing and discussing the arena problem with the staff. Almost half a year has passed again since the very first arena problem thread and since you said you was gonna start an arena thread very soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: