#62 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:26

way too wide / the arenas are filling up too fast almost like a script would do

People are entering arenas with presetup gear because everyone knows the prizes are WAY undercosted, and there's only 6 possible levels (also ridiculous) and will be changed tomorrow.

#63 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:28

What are the chances I'll wake up tomorrow and LF 600s will be auctioned for 1 fsp each lol

#64 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:33

What are the chances I'll wake up tomorrow and LF 600s will be auctioned for 1 fsp each lol

I think you will be overpaying at 1 fsp lol

#65 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:41

Also I've noticed that Crystalline items bought are now uncrafted instead of crafted perfect. Is this permanent? 

Edited by johnagod, 25 June 2014 - 21:42.

#66 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:56

Also I've noticed that Crystalline items bought are now uncrafted instead of crafted perfect. Is this permanent? 

Unintentional, I'll look at this in the morning when the items are re-added.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#67 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 22:08

Unintentional, I'll look at this in the morning when the items are re-added.

cool thanks :) 

Also I hate to keep pointing out things, but someone I just went against had 5 counter attack moves in a row... surely this isn't allowed?

#68 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2014 - 22:09

cool thanks :)

Also I hate to keep pointing out things, but someone I just went against had 5 counter attack moves in a row... surely this isn't allowed?

It's another issue we're going to look at in the morning. We posted up info about that here:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=65711

#69 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 22:51

Changing the arena rewards to tokens is all well and good, but it doesn't solve the base problem... That the players with the best, most expensive equipment dominate the action. The average player has little chance against the arena masters. 

#70 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 23:21

a few thoughts:

- the rounded tournament levels make a lot of the current gear in the game obsolete. We would need the random levels re-implemented. 

- the token reward amounts need to be rethought, so that lower level players don't miss out. For instance: 25 tokens for every tournament, regardless of level.

- limit the move allowance to 3 (or 4) moves per combat set.

- announce an arena update at least 5 days beforehand, so the community can give feedback before it's implemented. This will avoid mayhem and prevent players from screaming about things they know little of while complaining about others who know how to play the arena.

#71 j3k

j3k

Posted 25 June 2014 - 23:25

thank you for finally extending the amount of Arena games 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#72 w3s4rhy

w3s4rhy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 23:28

Hi.... I was wondering if the rewards for the level 1000+ were going to be reworked? as a low level arena player like myself I don't think its fair that the level 100 arenas only give 16 tokens while 2500 arenas give 96... that means I have to get to EOC to even compete in those arenas... Also will it only be level 100 500 1000 1500 2000 and 2500 arenas? if so i might as well just sell all my gear that isnt level 100

#73 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 23:36

Can the players who put tokens into the extra moves get their tokens refunded? It seems the extra moves just got removed.

Thanks.

#74 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:11

How much will it cost HCS to setup a simple testing server where people can try out new features on the dev roadmap before being approved and deployed to the live server?

#75 j3k

j3k

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:17

what's the point of the 2500 arena other than the 96 tokens 

HCS hasn't even released levels up to   2500 i think it  their should be no 2500   i see all the pros with 3000+ wins going on that one easy farm for them 

as cyrus said i think   for arena you should let low levels get some high tokens and as dulcharn said the levels should be randomize 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#76 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:26

How much will it cost HCS to setup a simple testing server where people can try out new features on the dev roadmap before being approved and deployed to the live server?

Suggested NUMEROUS times before, to no avail :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#77 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:28

+1

#78 podfog

podfog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:41

Changing the arena rewards to tokens is all well and good, but it doesn't solve the base problem... That the players with the best, most expensive equipment dominate the action. The average player has little chance against the arena masters. 

That's only partially true. There's no way to win without the best gear in non-move arenas, but I've won plenty of move enabled arenas with unforged gear, etc. Those are more about finding right combinations of items and moves.

I really don't like how tourneys are now only 100, 500, 1000, etc. It limits the creativity of sets used in arenas significantly, and allows less room for growth in terms of finding good combos.

#79 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:52

Suggested NUMEROUS times before, to no avail :(

Well that's sad to hear. Setting up one must have a huge impact on their bottom-line.

Edited by Maj, 26 June 2014 - 00:53.

#80 ericdagger

ericdagger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 00:54

I'd like to see mid level arenas.. right now only level 100, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 2500 are available. I'm currently level 236 on FS and this leaves me completely unable to win in any arenas because the max equip level is so far away from my level.. arenas with max equip levels of 50, 100, 150, 200 and so on would make the arena a much more accessible and fun aspect of the game for so many more players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: