Photo

De-leveling Change Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
364 replies to this topic

Poll: De-leveling Poll (322 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like us to look at changing how de-leveling works?

1. Yes. (175 votes [54.35%])

Percentage of vote: 54.35%

2. No. (147 votes [45.65%])

Percentage of vote: 45.65%

Vote

#61 kathmon

kathmon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:22

Here is a thought. 

Why not make future released creatures a lot  harder to kill, so that a lower level player can't just sit on them and  hit continuously.  This would give EOC players a challenge and something to work at. And would be fair to all rising players. It would not solve the current problem of deleveling, but the deleveling would probably (I'm guessing) decrease over time.

#62 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

I dont really see a way where you could make this viable. Its a good idea, but with 100% wither pots and , smashing hammer 250 , global potions etc. People are going to easily find a way to one hit. Even if you add some amazing formula there are creatures out there that have very skewed stats , so its just a matter of finding the right creature. On my last hunt (70 ish levels) there were a handful of creatures that had like 1k armor and 30k hp with some big attack stat or w/e. Point is , I dont see this working...

Of course there would be the odd few levels that would allow for a certain amount of delevelling.

You combine this idea with Hoofs idea of reduced xp from creatures based on your AL to their level and this covers just about all bases. While also making a little more sense.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#63 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

There is no need to mess with anything. This idea is dumb. Why are they even considering it?

This is a very active and competitive part of the game that many are doing. Just saying they cant do it anymore because of a few cries and complaints that their guild isn't the top guild doesn't mean this should be even looked at.

How is this even an exploit? I see nothing wrong with it other than butt hurt kids wanting their guild to be top place and cant reach it because the other guild has more active players in it that are willing to sacrifice time, FSP and gold to help their guild get to a higher level than what the game allows.

The real problem here is the lack of content for the players to go for. Doing this will piss off a lot of people in the game and will make many leave because the game will not have anything for them to do.

Meanwhile you are punishing the lower level players who are trying to level quickly by reducing the effect of AM. For example you can at level 55 go to the Odin Caves and hunt the

Burrow Grub
• Class: Vermin
• Level: 65

This is a fun jump in XP for the lower levels and a quick way to get through 10 levels in a few hits. There are other levels that do this as well in the 900 and 400 level ranges.

This wouldn't fix anything it would just make a lot of people angry.

Edited by Rasputin, 09 December 2013 - 19:24.

Rasputin17.jpg 

#64 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:26

I'm talking about the top 250 guilds ladder? There are some that still care about that lol.

No, the amount of gxp you can contribute isn't capped. It's an endless stream, that's why people are using this exploit in the first place.

Rotfl. Thanks, makes more sense now. (o0

Yeah, "that" does seem a bit more ridiculous. My assumption was always that people were deleveling to get their XP Contributed to where it should be in the first place, in my opinion, with whatever Guild they're in no matter how long they've been there. Ie, if the top 100 players in FS leave their respective Guilds and make a new one, it seems only logical to me that the new Guild becomes number one in the Guild level ranking.

That said, doesn't it seem more "reasonable" and "less complicated" to simply tweak the programming and make Guild levels based on total XP?

#65 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:28

No bigger of a loop hole than ganging up on some level 200 and take what little bit of gold he hunts for and hunding him out of this game simply because a guild wants his little pot of gold....Instead of whining about the leveling/deleveling of players that have nowhere to go let`s figure out a way to get new players in this game instead of running them out of it..

You just drooled a bibful :P   In all truth, when the game started, it wasn't quite like it is now, I think the bovines in the back barn would agree that FS has taken on more of a life of it's own then what they could have foreseen.  A lot of what's happening now is patches being put on places where the game is bulging.  At this late date there's not much more that can be done in way of corrections.  And I'll be the first to admit it's a thankless job.  Still, it has to start somewhere and someplace.  

#66 jmaisc

jmaisc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Badge
  • Portugal

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:28

Hi all,

To be honest I don't care much the way anyone decides to play the game using all ways that games allows it, its not cheating its just doing what is allowed to do.

I voted for no changing, but if you really think you should change it fine with me too. However, I think its not fair at the moment to do it, if you want to do it just announce with enough time for allow people to decide what they can do, like for example saying that from January 1st, 2014 we'll change ways of people get xp from creatures if deleveled.

If you wanna do just do it the right way, any player knows that can't enter a map above his/her level, even if anyone would love to get into it to gain more xp and can only kill creatures in maps at or bellow his/her current level. So the easiest and fair way to everybody is to change to a way that you can kill creatures at or bellow your current level, and as well you can only travel to maps at or bellow your current level.

Its funny seing about this as an issue and no one complaining about the fact that players that gainned all levels untill max level have all skills available and even getting delevelled won't loose them, everyone at lvl 1800 that got deleveled to lvl 1000 will still have skills lvl 1200, 1400 and 1600 and this seems not to be an issue. :D

As I said before is not cheating, is playing according game rules, thats why I vote for no change, have fun whatever way you want to play the game and Merry Xmas.

J

Edited by jmaisc, 09 December 2013 - 19:32.

#67 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:29

You don't see how this devalues both the bounty hunter medal and the smasher medal?

Not to mention gives a superhuman advantage to guilds with an EoC player that can do this as opposed to a guild without?

There's three pretty massive harmful impacts right there mate.

Both medals are already tarnished by the you know who's... Again, everyone's hands are dirty on this... Just the scale done by the EOC'rs are what's irking folks. You want to talk tarnished medals, we could do another poll on that..

The GXP thing is an issue and I think another list would be great that actually showed true xp and ebbs and flows as you gain and lose XP but not sure that is even possible now. No answer is perfect and locking it down now seals the "ill gotten" GXP from those who came up with this before so makes catching up for everyone else that much harder.

As another person already posted, we have other bigger problems. Let's start with those.

#68 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:32

Rotfl. Thanks, makes more sense now. (o0

Yeah, "that" does seem a bit more ridiculous. My assumption was always that people were deleveling to get their XP Contributed to where it should be in the first place, in my opinion, with whatever Guild they're in no matter how long they've been there. Ie, if the top 100 players in FS leave their respective Guilds and make a new one, it seems only logical to me that the new Guild becomes number one in the Guild level ranking.

That said, doesn't it seem more "reasonable" and "less complicated" to simply tweak the programming and make Guild levels based on total XP?

You mean add up each member of a guild xp, divide by four and have that as the guilds xp?

Update that hourly and you have a winner, a player loses xp, bam guild loses xp, player gains that xp back and bam, guild gains it back.

There are some guilds that would lose a lot of their exploited xp this way though, but so they should in my opinion.

For that reason though, if Hoof put this idea to a vote there would be a huge amount of moaning.

Both medals are already tarnished by the you know who's... Again, everyone's hands are dirty on this... Just the scale done by the EOC'rs are what's irking folks. You want to talk tarnished medals, we could do another poll on that..

The GXP thing is an issue and I think another list would be great that actually showed true xp and ebbs and flows as you gain and lose XP but not sure that is even possible now. No answer is perfect and locking it down now seals the "ill gotten" GXP from those who came up with this before so makes catching up for everyone else that much harder.

As another person already posted, we have other bigger problems. Let's start with those.

Chewy, and I mean this with the greatest respect but THIS is what this topics already about.

It's been started, its being discussed. constantly referencing other problems isn't advancing the debate about this at all. lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#69 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:32

Hm... Not bad... maybe as the NEW Guild XP list... then we will now who really IS top dog... lol

#70 EVAN420 247

EVAN420 247

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:33

let em play , u cant take too much more away from this game or we will lose dedicated players

#71 BeigeRhino

BeigeRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:36

you can still delevel and level again as much as you want !!!

only thing that will change is that you will have to level up the NORMAL way, like the 1st time you leveled up and if you drop levels then you will have to level the NORMAL way again!! NOT on a single champion.

some of you are misunderstanding here that if the changes are applied that the EOC players won't be able to delevel and re-level again which is NOT TRUE!

there is an exploit where you get 3-4 times more XP than your 1st hunt if you sit on a champion and level up for your 2nd time!!

I think easiest solution is to make that champions give the same XP as normal creatures!
this way they still get more xp (than the creatures at their AL) if they sit on a higher level champion (VL) BUT not they will not get 3-4 times more xp (maybe 1,3 - 1-6 times more xp) !!

+99999999999.

#72 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:37

There are mixed opinions on any changes (see here and here) to de-leveling in the game. Before looking at potential changes I first want to find out if you would actually like us to make changes before discussing what the changes could be further.

This poll will run for 48 hours and if over 50% of the community would like a change we will look into it further.

If we changed it, I'd suggest we look at something along the following lines:

If your AL is more than 5 levels below the creatures level, we would apply a x% reduction to the xp you gain from the creature. Assuming 'x' is 5, this means if you were 8 levels below the creature, a 15% reduction would be applied to the xp you gain.

Please, do not alter xp variances subject to a player's level, just boot them out of realms their actual level does not permit them to be in!!! it is the only solution that will work and makes sense.

#73 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:38

let em play , u cant take too much more away from this game or we will lose dedicated players

My sentiments exactly.............

#74 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:38

i can not see why any one would want to lose levels just to regain them to me it is a stall in your leveling you don't gain levels the gold drop is the same you cant PvP lower then your VL so why do it ? ? ?

the only thing i can see is boredom 

#75 Bruut

Bruut

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:39

As the question stands i would vote "no" as I have no problem with the de-leveling in the game, but it looks more like this is about re-leveling so did not vote *confused*

avimax_zps9d2c373f.jpg

#76 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:39

Chewy, and I mean this with the greatest respect but THIS is what this topics already about.

It's been started, its being discussed. constantly referencing other problems isn't advancing the debate about this at all. lol

Understand. I was just responding to your point. I have a bad habit of doing that and further derailments... :(

#77 BeigeRhino

BeigeRhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:41

Please, do not alter xp variances subject to a player's level, just boot them out of realms their actual level does not permit them to be in!!! it is the only solution that will work and makes sense.

Again +99999999 , that's the way I see it too , kills all the issue's in one easy hit

#78 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:42

i can not see why any one would want to lose levels just to regain them to me it is a stall in your leveling you don't gain levels the gold drop is the same you cant PvP lower then your VL so why do it ? ? ?

the only thing i can see is boredom 

Mick they lose levels and regain them for Guild XP, that the main reason (Discounting those pvp or the benefactor of one too many smashes on the BB). Im assuming thats mostly the problem everyone has with it.

#79 Nikita90

Nikita90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:44

i agree with this entire post 

#80 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 19:45

+99999999999.

Next we wont be able to use the BIG pots to relevel I suppose. I dont care one way or the other, but you have to drop levels to gain more levels and the best way is to bounty. If you change the xp ratio then why would we even do this!!!

There is now viable change now as it`s been going on for a long time. Our guild has long term plans and we just practically revamped the whole guild and this involved leveling an deleveling in our future. I thought this issue was closed lat time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: