244 replies to this topic

#61 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 20:06

The first events there was no top 100 prize , it was for a medal!

Edited by vamunre, 28 March 2014 - 20:08.

#62 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 20:22

LoL if you think with 500 players active in this game that we will come close to 17.5 mill is INSANE! ;) but i hope im proved wrong cause them ruby chests do look nice...! I do love the global events tho.. Even tho i only had 3k stam to start this one :(

#63 perliak

perliak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Spain

Posted 28 March 2014 - 20:26

The Bronze Tier has just been qualified for in the global event!

Note that the top 100 contributers to event will receive a Emblazoned Royal Chest in addition to the reward for the tier that's achieved by the community :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Top 100 will be the only way to get that chest.

Have a great weekend you too :D

#64 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 21:24

Top 100 will be the only way to get that chest.

Have a great weekend you too :D

Yeah ... Sucks... Cant get top 100 cause of lack of stamina ( always catches me after a hunt ) praying for crystal being with the time we have left and the amount of kills we are getting ruby is out of the question... Just not enough time... Hopeing for a Miracle ... Sorry to sound like a downer i know the globals are random and i am grateful they are coming out more often now!!! But the number of kills is crazy to get ruby... Other than that Congrats to the top 100 ... Lucky buggers ... I will most likely be drop and destroy anything under crystal tier :/

#65 Little Mac

Little Mac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 23:26

goodluck on crystal tier, boys n gurls. biglaugh.gif

Edited by Little Mac, 28 March 2014 - 23:29.

#66 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2014 - 23:35

crystal tier looks like we will be hard pressed to hit gold

#67 Joshrocs

Joshrocs

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:49

17.5 million kills? 3500 players would have to meet their ruby tier quota to get this amount of kills, which isn't going to happen

#68 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:10

Thanks for the event HCS.

I agree with keeping it a surprise.

Hopefully, "thanks" for not extending the time.

And just "hoping" that we don't even get near Ruby.... like seriously... I'd consider paying FSP to set the Community back a few thousand. Oddly enough, I believe that's the only way to get the FS Community into the Community spirit ,oP

Those that think this idea is ridiculous... don't waste your time responding.

Prosperous smacking FS!

Really glad others feel this way because it's how I've been feeling lately. It's discouraging seeing so many people over 400 that only do the minimum hits. People won't even bother doing more if there's no incentive for top 100 which is lame as can be.

Doing 25k+ each round and always hunting as much as I can is starting to look less attractive when people are getting the same reward for minimal work. With that said, I will continue hitting as much as I can because it IS a community event.

EDIT: I personally want to thank those that continue to pour all their stam into these events. Especially those doing 50k+. If I had the stam I'd be right up there with you.

Edited by Crzy, 29 March 2014 - 03:12.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#69 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:45

The first events there was no top 100 prize , it was for a medal!

Where is the source of the Ruby successes coming from?  Is it the EOCer's? The general 5000 kill players? Whichever group is responsible for the bulk of the ruby successes, this group should be given incentive by the Cows.  If there is to be a true chance of success, there must be reward for the most dominant groups.  At this point, why would EOCer's bother?  Do they want more company at the top?  

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#70 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:07

Where is the source of the Ruby successes coming from?  Is it the EOCer's? The general 5000 kill players? Whichever group is responsible for the bulk of the ruby successes, this group should be given incentive by the Cows.  If there is to be a true chance of success, there must be reward for the most dominant groups.  At this point, why would EOCer's bother?  Do they want more company at the top?  

DP

Based on tons and tons of assumptions and a snapshot of about an hour or 2 ago, the top 100 accounted for 1.4 million kills. which means the remaining 3 million (assuming everyone else did 5k kills) came from 600 of the 5k kill players. Tough call... either way, we shouldn't ALWAYS get ruby?

#71 Terrordog

Terrordog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:55

Think you cows better can give that epic chest to the top 100 if we reach that tier

#72 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:22

I think they need to be more realistic with the total kills needed. The total should be a fairly easy number to hit. And i bet you would see a lot more activity. Isn't that the whole point of these events?

#73 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:21

I think they need to be more realistic with the total kills needed. The total should be a fairly easy number to hit. And i bet you would see a lot more activity. Isn't that the whole point of these events?

Yea 17.5m only achievable if it was halloween event due to distil pots drops

#74 perliak

perliak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Spain

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:51

Yea 17.5m only achievable if it was halloween event due to distil pots drops

In Halloween event there are two creatures that give 2 and 5 kills, respectively, without global booster.

I think we need to discuss the amount of kills needed for future global events.

#75 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 14:06

Note that the top 100 contributers to event will receive a Emblazoned Royal Chest in addition to the reward for the tier that's achieved by the community :)

That's more like it!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#76 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 19:58

This is not a solution to be honest

Because Not everyone has stamina for top 100 competition and that will make it hard mission for low stamina players to get their top 100 medals.

Better solution is :

1. Reduce number of total kills needed to achieve ruby tier. maybe 10m for all events .

2. Increase number of personal kills needed to 1.5k each tier . (maybe work it out depends on level? the higher level you are the more personal kills needed to achieve).

3. No need to add  Extra reward for top 100.. their reward is the Medal !

Edited by shindrak, 29 March 2014 - 19:58.

#77 perliak

perliak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Spain

Posted 29 March 2014 - 20:01

Better solution is :

1. Reduce number of total kills needed to achieve ruby tier. maybe 10m for all events .

2. Increase number of personal kills needed to 1.5k each tier . (maybe work it out depends on level? the higher level you are the more personal kills needed to achieve).

+1

#78 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 21:10

Because Not everyone has stamina for top 100 competition and that will make it hard mission for low stamina players to get their top 100 medals.

Better solution is :

I agree with the above, especially awarding the top 100 with a further chest, and that chest being from the top tier, it rewards a minority who have the means to achieve the top 100 spots and alienates the rest of the community, in this case the majority and it is only right that these people feel less inclined to work for the event. After all the top 100 now get what they want, the ruby tier prize, regardless of what overall tier the community achieves and this to me is wrong, give them another chest from the tier the whole community achieves by all means but not the top reward.

As mentioned you get a better or another medal for finishing in the top 100 as it is, no need for further rewards, this will never achieve the desired result, no point dangling a prize in front of people if that prize is not obtainable! I think it is clear that a lot less folk participate in these events these days and those that do are split between those who have the means to get top 100 and do then there are the rest who simply qualify knowing that there is no point trying for the top 100 as they do not have the means to achieve those kill totals.

As stated above a serious rethink is required on possibly the kill totals required or the introduction of other critters to kill which give a higher contribution to the total le the Halloween zombie brew event.

#79 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2014 - 21:31

Better solution is :

i agree with 2 and 3

17,500,000 kills is not an unreasonable goal

Zombie Yeomen     17,217,476     Ruby     Global Quest 31-07-12
Zombie Yeomen     17,672,991     Ruby     Global Quest 20-05-13

i would say the goal should not be lower than 15 million kills

#80 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 22:07

i agree with 2 and 3

17,500,000 kills is not an unreasonable goal

Zombie Yeomen     17,217,476     Ruby     Global Quest 31-07-12
Zombie Yeomen     17,672,991     Ruby     Global Quest 20-05-13

i would say the goal should not be lower than 15 million kills

It had been achieved that time because it was still new, most of older players has bunch of those chests that's why less players going to do it ;) and that's why i suggested lower total kills to give lower level or new players with low stamina bank chance for ruby chests ..

I remember they extended the time to achieve the goal at these old events though i might be wrong.

Edited by shindrak, 29 March 2014 - 22:07.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: