Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#61 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:31

Whatever happens i hope its good...anyways back for waiting for a ogalith....30 minutes, for some odd reason he hasn't been spawning at all.

#62 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:31

If there are people who are willing to sink a few FSP into protection against something they don't like then let them.

For 90% of the game the PvP protection upgrade is too expensive or they just don't want to use it themselves. Still plenty of targets around for PvPers.

There is less need to have it protect gold as well. Maybe the cap can be lower.
Right now it's 10k gold per level and a maximum of 10 million.
Maybe 10k gold per level for the first 100 levels, 5k gold for the rest and a maximum of 5 mil in total. That should probably be enough: lower level players can still be safe (and can keep enough gold safe to buy an FSP now and then), and other players can keep some gold in their purse without worrying about it getting stolen.

Or make it that if you have PvP protection than your XP is always safe, but your gold is only safe for 10k per level with a maximum of 2 mil. If people do happen to be holding more than 2 million in hand then he/she can be PvP'ed buit will only lose gold (the attacker was probably only after the gold anyway). :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#63 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:34

hoof as a cash donation player if it is remove i will in fact leave the game i am not one who likes the pvp part of the game and it should not be forced on me i am more then fine paying the fsp for the protection so its up to you if its removed u will in fact lose yet another major donation player from the game the game is dieing as it is with all this changes and the pvp area of the game is why people have left the game..

The game didn't have a PvP Protection upgrade for years (literally) - I'm actually wondering if having it detracts some of the fun from the game to be honest.

What are your thoughts on keeping it but just reducing the amount of gold it protects?

hoof the problem you have isnt about all the pvpers some play the game with good morals and are respectful but there has and always will be the odd few who are bullies within a game like they are in real life and hound someone constantly hr after hr is that what you had in mind when you thought of pvp? drop the gold after all its what the pvpers want isnt it? or are some willing to walk up and say nah i dont care of the gold i want to just take a persons xp they took weeks gaining in afew hits?

drop it to a max of 2 million held gold that should please most no cornering the mp then or have pvp protection protect xp like a constant xp lock and not gold like i said personally i dont care if they take the gold ..

If a few bullies are as big of a problem as you say ... why not just ban them? Lowering the pvp protection upgrade would be a very good idea though ...

#64 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:35

On a side note, any updates on more pvp ladder gear or potions?

#65 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:35

On a side note, any updates on more pvp ladder gear or potions?

+1

#66 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:36

absolutely get rid of it .Pvp protection has no place in the game. Every player in the game can get rid of gold or control the amount of it they have on hand. Allowing protection will continue to allow Marketplace manipulation.

#67 Blunts Only

Blunts Only

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:37

i think the pvp protection should be gone except for the new people so basically option 3.

url=http://www.fallensword.com/?ref=4087319]Posted Image[/url]

#68 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:38

I find it interesting that people keep going on about the gold aspect. Most levelers could careless about the gold loss but care a heck of a lot about the XP loss.

Gold loss is a facade in this debate. its really about whether people can accept XP loss in the game or not. plain and simple.

Reducing the xp lock to 2-3 FSP would be a nice middle ground, if people are desperately afraid to lose levels from unprovoked attacks.

#69 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Keep the protection but lower the gold. Heck, even have it 'tax' you a little when you hunt with the protection on. The gold to me isn't the issue, it is the xp. You can't gain xp from hitting people (other than the prestige bonus and I'm not even taking that into consideration since it doesn't balance out) - so to me pvp has no purpose other than stealing gold and pissing people off.

I know of at least one person in the last 2 months who left the game because of PvP. She wasn't one to carry lots of gold so what was the real reason she was being hit? The hitter knew it bothered her and was getting his or her jollies from making my friend miserable. She never told anyone why she was leaving, until after she had gone for a while. I wish she'd told someone sooner what was going on so maybe someone could have intervened. Heck, I'd have given her the dots to buy the protection for a little while because I value her companionship in the game more than I do the lil purple bouncy balls.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all PvP is bad. Just -sometimes- some people are nasty to others just to be nasty. The case with my friend is an extreme case. There are plenty of PvPers who are nice folk, however the ones who are rotten are ruining the game for everyone on BOTH sides of the discussion because the ones who bully and harass cast a pall over it for the rest. They're the ones that everyone thinks of when they think of PvP, and THEY are the ones that make PvP protection in just about any form enticing for those who don't want to put up with it.

Just my 2 cents.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#70 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

absolutely get rid of it .Pvp protection has no place in the game. Every player in the game can get rid of gold or control the amount of it they have on hand. Allowing protection will continue to allow Marketplace manipulation.

Of the people I know with PvP protection no one got it to keep their gold safe. They just didn't want to lose the XP.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#71 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:39

hoof as a cash donation player if it is remove i will in fact leave the game i am not one who likes the pvp part of the game and it should not be forced on me i am more then fine paying the fsp for the protection so its up to you if its removed u will in fact lose yet another major donation player from the game the game is dieing as it is with all this changes and the pvp area of the game is why people have left the game..

The game didn't have a PvP Protection upgrade for years (literally) - I'm actually wondering if having it detracts some of the fun from the game to be honest.

What are your thoughts on keeping it but just reducing the amount of gold it protects?

hoof the problem you have isnt about all the pvpers some play the game with good morals and are respectful but there has and always will be the odd few who are bullies within a game like they are in real life and hound someone constantly hr after hr is that what you had in mind when you thought of pvp? drop the gold after all its what the pvpers want isnt it? or are some willing to walk up and say nah i dont care of the gold i want to just take a persons xp they took weeks gaining in afew hits?

drop it to a max of 2 million held gold that should please most no cornering the mp then or have pvp protection protect xp like a constant xp lock and not gold like i said personally i dont care if they take the gold ..

If a few bullies are as big of a problem as you say ... why not just ban them? Lowering the pvp protection upgrade would be a very good idea though ...

because pvp is part of the game and if someone so wished they could 100 stam smack 24 times a day for a month and be within the rules ..even though the game rules state you cant hinder a persons enjoyment of the game or words to that effect .. pvp has the loop hole

#72 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:40

I'm not disagreeing on overreactions. Thing is, though, I haven't met anyone who 10 stams still in a VERY long time. I'm not so sure they even exist in the game anymore. Every PvPer seems to 'NEEEEEED' the Smasher medal.

You would be surprised on how many levlers with "I don't pvp - respect that" hit me on the BB for 100 stamina. something doesn't add up, :twisted:

Although, who wouldn't want to have a big shiny hammer medal? seriously its awesome.

Who wouldn't? I wouldn't. And trust me, I'm not 100 staming anyone on the BB. I don't PvP, which is to say, I don't PvP. Just look at my non-existent PvP stats for proof. Anyone who does play the BB shouldn't have anything about 'I don't PvP, blah, blah, blah' in their bio.

I've got a novel idea. Only 1 form of PvP protection: XP lock...and it can go for whatever period of time. Let it sell as an upgrade like the current PvP Protection (but lower the cost), just like Maedros suggested. Then, for as long as the XP Protection lasts, the Protected player cannot PvP in any form (including the BB). Heck, even throw in a bar to placing bounties during that time. Gold theft was a huge problem for me early on, but with the automatic PvP protection for the first 25 levels, that shouldn't be nearly as big of problem now, anyway.

#73 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

some people use the protection to buy and sell FSP at good rates Savanc. it does happen .. hence why the MP price has inflated a ton in the past few months.

#74 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Of the people I know with PvP protection no one got it to keep their gold safe. They just didn't want to lose the XP.

Would you have any issue then with protection simply protecting XP and 0 ( ZERO) gold?

#75 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:41

If PvP was gold-only... heck, I'd just buy more bank deposits. I could have bought a LOT of bank deposits for all the months I've been buying protection......

#76 alejandio

alejandio

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

remove it i mena its a pvp game i mean u r hit your hit ok so hwta regian your levels but the new bounty rules really do kill pvp i mena u can lose 50 levels on 10 bountys whrere as u should lsoe only 10-15

I agree with pokemon, 50 levels is a really high number, you should think about changing it seriously.

#77 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Should be removed completely. Many players have used it as a means to manipulate the marketplace solely. If removing it entirely is not a option that wins enough votes to see through, I'd at very least like to see protection of any (all) gold removed. I appreciate a positive change to PvP finally making it to the table - the past year all we have exp'd as players is the deterioration of what was an amazing system - which grasped the attention of so many great players. Good Times ~ Rye

#78 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:42

#79 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:42

PvP Protection has NOT contributed to market inflation. Please stop with that canard. It's simply not how the market works. It's more logical to say that PvP has contributed to market inflation because everyone is "racing" to dump their gold by offering more than the previous-highest.

:roll:

#80 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:43

If PvP was gold-only... heck, I'd just buy more bank deposits. I could have bought a LOT of bank deposits for all the months I've been buying protection......

2 options when attacking someone for gold or to steal xp and the player actually gains the xp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: