• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 mazulis

mazulis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 22:05

I would love to have the ability to buy this pack for FSP.

You can tweak the pack - we get FSP when buying for $, but we don't get them when buying for FSP.

#62 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2017 - 22:12

How does buying a pack like this for FSP benefit HCS ?

They're in the business of making (or trying to make) money - selling something like this for in-game currency would be nuts IMO.

You want it, pay real moolah for it :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#63 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2017 - 22:15

They're in the business of making (or trying to make) money - selling something like this for in-game currency would be nuts IMO.

In that sense I guess playing their game to earn those FSP isnt going to help their business

uwClls8.png

#64 mazulis

mazulis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 22:24

You sound like FSP is coming to the game not for $ (Except for recruiting other players, but that is a tiny part..)

#65 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2017 - 22:25

because its in the shop for $40 wasnt sure was same one as it let me add it to basket but i already bought it for fsp..... as it is the same its a shame they didnt remove the 400 fsp from the elite pack so like the champion pack  you could buy it for cash or fsp

Question is the champion pack in the shop the same one we got ingame for fsp? as i didnt realise that was in there

iirc The champion pack could be bought either by donating $ or using some fsps, can't remember the numbers or what was in it other  than the +1 composing slot which was the most appealing reason to buy it at the time.

+400 Fallen Sword Points  -- could probably remove these in order to buy package with fsp(and reduce $ price)
+3,000 Current Stamina -- nothing substantial
+200 Maximum Stamina -- as above
+5 Auction House Slots -- useful
+2 Bank Deposits -- again useful
+25 Inventory (Backpack) Slot -- useful
+10 Component Slots -- useful
+100 Bio characters -- ?
+250,000 Gold -- ??
+100 Bounty Tickets -- ??
+1 Marketplace Listing
+2 Combat Sets
+1 Max Secure Trades
+1 Composing Slot  -- lots of people bought the champion pack for this (probably at level 60 by now)  useful if you make lots of pots for guild or just level up quicker for those who aren't level 60 yet.
+2 Potion of Elite Advancement -- usually get these potions for free once or twice a year and no better than the christmas gift boxes or similar donation special offers.
+5 Bound Elite Frag Stash -- frags are plentiful in frag globals which are frequent.

Overall it amounts to the usual $60 donation for 400fsps + epic potion/box  just no double allegiance tokens and only redeemable once with a few added extras (good value nonetheless) 

It's great value for anyone buying it but it can't really be seen as "elite" or a must have, the composing slot is again the only thing not obtainable by other means.(and bank deposits perhaps)

Agree with a previous poster that it amounts to a desperate cash grab - a dressed up donation rather than a standalone package.

Would prefer if it was just a beefed up champions pack - no potions or fsp, and just character upgrades -- but thinking about it from hcs perspective that just amounts to a flash sale "bundle" if you can buy it with fsps, which brings us back to this just being a small cash raiser if anything, nothing in this package is new to the game or essential either (composing/bank deposits aside).

*shrugs*

EDIT

Having looked back at the champions pack the only difference the elite pack brings is (250,000 Gold,100 Bounty Tickets,1 Marketplace Listing,2 Combat Sets,1 Max Secure Trade) -- nothing to shout about  plus +400fsps, +2 potions. Everything is else is the same as or multiples of the champions pack i.e upgraded champions pack.

Its the 400fsp/2 potions that are the big difference / change in concept fsp or $ to $ only.
Upto the cows to see if it pays off or not.

Seem to have mixed two different things and lumped them into one package:
1) Fsp donation + epic potion
2) champion pack , elite pack, starter pack, "pack" of upgrades at a reduced price.
Would be better to see these two things kept separate and avoid all problems in this thread ($ only or fsps) but that's not my call to make.

Edited by sohail94, 03 March 2017 - 22:54.

#66 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 22:29

because its fsp out of the game which means at some point they need to be replaced ...champion pack seemed to work and that could be bought for $40 or 350 fsp

#67 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:00

+1 Composing Slot  -- lots of people bought the champion pack for this (probably at level 60 by now)  useful if you make lots of pots for guild or just level up quicker for those who aren't level 60 yet.

So I bought the champion pack and received +1 composing slot only to be deprived of a slot at level 50. I should have 7 but only have 6. Why don't I have what I've earned/paid for? And does this pack deprive you of another leveling slot?

Edited by sweetlou, 03 March 2017 - 23:02.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#68 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:03

So I bought the champion pack and received +1 composing slot only to be deprived of a slot at level 50. I should have 7 but only have 6. Why don't I have what I've earned/paid for? And does this pack deprive you of another leveling slot?

hey lou cant swear to this only being lvl 29 but isnt the max slots 5 by default so 6 if you have the champions pack and would be 7 if you bought the elite pack

#69 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:05

I don't think you get an additional composing slot at 50. I know you do with every 10 levels until then but I think that is the exception.

I think with the champions pack the maximum was supposed to be 6. And now with this one it will be 7.

#70 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:05

EP,

I think what you suggest would amount to selling commodities within the game for money or money's worth---which is not allowed by the Terms of Use:

"Real World Trading

You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying (excluding direct purchases from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd), selling, trading, sharing, or transferring access to any game account, game points or any other commodities within the game for money, money's worth or commodities out with the game. Game accounts are non-transferrable under any circumstances. All game accounts, characters, items, game points, and other commodities within the game are the sole property of Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. The selling for money or trading of any these items is a breach of this Agreement."

(Of course, I'd be happy for HCS to produce a more authoritative interpretation.)

wouldnt the same be said for all the offers with chests which then get sold for fsp within the game

#71 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:06

I also have 6 - 1 defualt , 1 champions pack, 4 for level 10,20,30,40. I was also expecting an additional one at 50 but seems it's designed not to give anymore after level 40 (don't get one at level 60 either) - I could be wrong.

I would assume you'd get an extra one by buying this pack taking it up to 7. 

Edited by sohail94, 03 March 2017 - 23:07.

#72 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:11

I also have 6 - 1 defualt , 1 champions pack, 4 for level 10,20,30,40. I was also expecting an additional one at 50 but seems it's designed not to give anymore after level 40 (don't get one at level 60 either) - I could be wrong.

I would assume you'd get an extra one by buying this pack taking it up to 7. 

Correct. Only way to get 7. Considering the max is 5(assuming you bought no champs pack/elite pack)

uwClls8.png

#73 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:29

The current maximum composing level is 60. Note once you hit this cap you will no longer gain Composing XP until the Composing maximum level is increased. For each 10 composing levels you gain, you can create an additional potion (maximum 5) at the same time.

taken from the game leveling page within composing

Edited by hades8840, 03 March 2017 - 23:30.

#74 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:31

Makes the only reason I would buy this pack pointless. Preposterous!!

#75 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 23:35

Makes the only reason I would buy this pack pointless. Preposterous!!

maybe read the other posts he has the correct amount of slots you only get 5 from composing +1 from champions pack

#76 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:11

wouldnt the same be said for all the offers with chests which then get sold for fsp within the game

I can see differences, but ...

it really sounds like a good one for budding bovine lawyers to cut their teeth on :)

#77 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:57

Nice idea, though you may as well have left out the 250,000 gold. An extra 1.15 FSP equivalent likely won't move the needle for anyone.

#78 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:13

maybe read the other posts he has the correct amount of slots you only get 5 from composing +1 from champions pack

Touche salesman, touche!! I have 6 composing slots.

#79 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:37

Sounds like the pack is set in stone for this one guys. The only thing I haven't heard is if its acceptable via TOS to sell gift codes to this pack for FSP. Obviously not for cash because then the buyer would just buy the pack as is.

#80 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 17:38

Sounds like the pack is set in stone for this one guys. The only thing I haven't heard is if its acceptable via TOS to sell gift codes to this pack for FSP. Obviously not for cash because then the buyer would just buy the pack as is.

I've seen post in fs box offering to buy for x amount :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: