91 replies to this topic

#61 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 19:45

The spread of shards in the chests is fine and will not be changed again.

Thank you BG for clearing that up for me. I'm not sure if you've already mentioned, but I'd been wondering forever.

The Official Guide shows the wraiths paying 1 gold.  That is not happening.  Zero gold is given.

After having read a few comments, I'm curious if a level 25 does get the 1 gold. 

I clearly remember BG "fixing" this issue by taking the gold away (last GE or prior I don't remember, but I was to blame which is why I remember) as these events were, as I understood it at the time, also serving to some degree as a gold sink.

Anyway, I'm off to do 5k kills... figured I better set an example and do a bit more than the min, hehe.

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#62 ClerBear

ClerBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:40

I'm feeling a little blue, I've always worked hard and not low balled the events with good chests, even not so good chests, just to help all of you.

I'm not sure the community will reach Ruby, and being the only composer in my guild and a level 3 one at that, I've worked hard to get to Ruby.   It's for the benefit of my guild mates and myself.

I have 7836 kills so far and one more day to add more to that total, I  have spent my stam every day so far.

I was on the top kill list until today when I finally dropped off. That is a first for me in all the time I have been playing this game. 

Tomorrow at the end of fragging, I go back to my regular hunting area and let stam grow. I play this game Monday to Friday. The weekend is for real world things I have put off all week long and I work at night. So some help is greatly appreciated and needed.

Not sure this will make any difference. Forgive me my errant beliefs.

Edited by ClerBear, 13 March 2015 - 01:52.

#63 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:01

• this global event was 2 weeks earlier than usual !!! usually we have global events once every 1 month interval !!!
  • just because a few ask for a global event for the reason that they ran out of frags was IMO not a good idea to give them one, they have other options to get frags !!!
  • it would have been better if the global event included the whole weekend too (most players are active during the weekends)

I have been against frag events since day 1 because:

• without frag events items would have more value, especially the higher ones like SE frags and I think that was one of the ideas why composing (break down) was introduced, besides it would help lower lvl players & frag farmers make some decent profit to earn FSPs
  • IMO common, rare & unique frags are easy to get BUT LE, crystalline and especially SE are difficult to get (except from frag events) which give these 3 some value and without frag events even more value !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#64 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:59

• this global event was 2 weeks earlier than usual !!! usually we have global events once every 1 month interval !!!
  • just because a few ask for a global event for the reason that they ran out of frags was IMO not a good idea to give them one, they have other options to get frags !!!
  • without frag events items would have more value, especially the higher ones like SE frags and I think that was one of the ideas why composing (break down) was introduced, besides it would help lower lvl players & frag farmers make some decent profit to earn FSPs
  • IMO common, rare & unique frags are easy to get BUT LE, crystalline and especially SE are difficult to get (except from frag events) which give these 3 some value and without frag events even more value !!!

have to agree with mary on these points im not completely against frag events but i see people begging for them once they are running low. I like the idea of people junk items having value.

I remember when inventing was just new i use to farm jademare for people to make a few extra coins for upgrades it got me a ton of upgrades and now people as soon as they are running low they come on here asking for another frag event.  completely destroying value here and there(inventing)(other pots) .

these potions are amazing i wont complain i use them for all my hunts etc... however if i had to pay for them i would even though i get them for free from my guild :). Even if we didnt have Frag events im sure people would find a way to make frags cheaper or guilds would work out a way.. Also we really dont need these extra uber pots but there nice to have

Edited by gilby90813, 13 March 2015 - 07:33.

#65 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:04

this global event was 2 weeks earlier than usual !!! usually we have global events once every 1 month interval !!!

just because a few ask for a global event for the reason that they ran out of frags was IMO not a good idea to give them one, they have other options to get frags !!!

Thanks for the feedback.

However, there's no cast iron schedule to when we run events so this is not 'early'.

This event was put live because we wanted to put it up. Not because anyone asked.

Finally, Frag Events were created because no one was composing a lot because the frags were hard too hard to acquire. Now we have a lot of people who compose, who take part in these events, who buy items for fragging.

Frag Events are popular and allow players to work on something else for personal and Guild use.

#66 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 14:13

thxs for the event bg..i greatly appreciate the frag events..once you get up in some levels in composing....i am level 19 now...you do go thru loads of frags just making throw away pots to level...i have used 10k commons since last frag event..thousands of rares and unique..if not for the frag events..composing would come to a grinding halt and it would cost to much to pay for all the frags needed to compose or to much stamina to farm..or else all other parts of game suffer (like leveling would).....these events are much needed and thxs for having them bg...

#67 tief

tief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 18:04

kinda glad its done now..

#68 tief

tief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 18:06

Thanks for the feedback.

However, there's no cast iron schedule to when we run events so this is not 'early'.

This event was put live because we wanted to put it up. Not because anyone asked.

Finally, Frag Events were created because no one was composing a lot because the frags were hard too hard to acquire. Now we have a lot of people who compose, who take part in these events, who buy items for fragging.

Frag Events are popular and allow players to work on something else for personal and Guild use.

I use for personal. but im also hoarding my frags aswell.

#69 kledagrim

kledagrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 14:05

is the event over?  Creatures seem to still be around and re-spawning?

#70 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 21:21

A guildmate recently hunted while these global critters were around and had to avoid hitting them. It is quite costly to accidentally hit a handful of global critters with Doubler on! And having to stop to see which critters are ok to hit slows things down considerably. In that vein I would like to suggest two things:

1) Add a preference to hide Global Event creatures. This is for people who are hunting during a global event.

2) Sort creatures on a square by level, either ascending (good for hitting only global event critters) or descending (good for leveling) as a player preference. The sorting right now seems to be random, the worst of both worlds.

#71 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 23:15

I feel the game pretty laggy while the global events on...

#72 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:22

For me the best days for an event are starting at thursday/friday and ending on monday.

I almost never play at weekends, and I know a lot of players can only play at weekends...And at Monday the cows would be there to deliver the prizes/end the event properly.

Also, please add a in-game feature to hide Global mobs from realms.

#73 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:58

Congrats to the Fallen Sword community for unlocking the Ruby Tier in the Global Event! Once again the community worked together as a team to achieve this!

If you qualified during the event, your reward is now awaiting collection in your character mailbox :)

We hope you all enjoyed the event!

Note: You can see the 'Top 100 Global Quest Contributors' for this event by clicking here.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#74 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 14:52

Timing of events and timely distribution of rewards has never been a strong suit. However, the event was beneficial for those who compose and waiting a couple days for the reward wasn't too bad. Thanks cows!

#75 ClerBear

ClerBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 19:43

I would like to say thank you to those of the community that worked the end of the event and saw that we made Ruby. It was very much appreciated by me. Thank you.

#76 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 13:59

"17/Mar/2015 You have received an item from a Fallen Sword Administrator. Item [Global Ruby Frag Stash II] will be available in your mailbox for collection for the next 5 days."

What a lovely surprise :)  Thank-you very much.

#77 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 March 2015 - 14:08

S'all good. Random gift time a-go-go! :D

#78 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 15:37

S'all good. Random gift time a-go-go! :D

I did not get the random gift .   I could definitely use it.  That doesnt seem fair.    :(

#79 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 15:38

I didn't even kill a single global creature and I got a free stash :-P

#80 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip