BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 January 2018 - 20:55

[snip]

I saying again, global event should being for all comunity can qualifying and getting global even set, it should not mattering if you donating, eoc, new player or low player, global event for all, if you thinking not so then ok it your opinion

In looking at what is being designed here, looks to me that this is for the ENTIRE community.  Sets are being designed for new to EOC....   Sure there's an opportunity for some to profit.  But not just the select few you seem to be singling out, but anybody that wants to put in the TIME AND EFFORT.  I myself have a mediocre sized BP, little time or money to spend on the game itself, yet I see potential benefit for me....  

However, this event isn't so everybody can get this set, it's so everybody has the potential to get one.  If it were so common that anybody could get it, how would it then be special or worth having a global event?

Your protests smack of the "get rid of cooldown" arguments we have for seasonal titans....   

Edited by BadPenny, 29 January 2018 - 20:58.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#62 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:45

Let's stay civil everyone.

~ Grim

#63 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 February 2018 - 16:23

Gonna get some time to tinker with this this week.

Thinking that getting all the 7 to 8 Quest items needed initially as well as the Chests. Like I said earlier, the first wave of sets is plotted and stats chosen.

That still leaves wave 2 and 3 open for any possible feedback and suggestions from all of you.

Wave 2 :

150, 600, 1050, 1500, 1950, 2400, 2850 & 3300.

Wave 3 :

300, 750, 1200, 1650, 2100, 2550, 3000 & 3450.

~ Grim

~ Grim

#64 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 17:07

Gonna get some time to tinker with this this week.

Thinking that getting all the 7 to 8 Quest items needed initially as well as the Chests. Like I said earlier, the first wave of sets is plotted and stats chosen.

That still leaves wave 2 and 3 open for any possible feedback and suggestions from all of you.

~ Grim

My hero  :wub: 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#65 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 22:28

[R] (18:38) BigGrim [2097]: Crikey! Didn't realise the time.
[R] (18:38) BigGrim [2097]: Been working on the Thieves in the Night event stuff.

Cant wait,,,especially for new gear!

#66 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:32

So I reckon I'll have two creatures for this event. The Shroud Thief (1 kill) and the Shroud Cutthroat (5 kills). They'll drop frag stashes.

I've built and named 12 Quest Items (though only 8 will be in the Chests initially).

Got the Bronze to Ruby Chests build and filled with the Quest Items.

First waves nine sets are built. Need to stat em up and build the recipes.

Once all this is complete, I'll give it to Retro to art it up all pretty and get on with the sets for the other two waves this event will work for.

~ Grim

#67 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:37

So I reckon I'll have two creatures for this event. The Shroud Thief (1 kill) and the Shroud Cutthroat (5 kills). They'll drop frag stashes.

I've built and named 12 Quest Items (though only 8 will be in the Chests initially).

Got the Bronze to Ruby Chests build and filled with the Quest Items.

First waves nine sets are built. Need to stat em up and build the recipes.

Once all this is complete, I'll give it to Retro to art it up all pretty and get on with the sets for the other two waves this event will work for.

~ Grim

absolutely superb BG!!!!

#68 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:43

I gave all the Quest Items alliterative names because I like to drive myself crazy.

~ Grim

#69 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:46

I gave all the Quest Items alliterative names because I like to drive myself crazy.

~ Grim

lol, not as simple as just gathering the parts and clicking invent like us :P

#70 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:57

Heh heh. I liked the thieves theme so every item has a different word for stolen in it but I decided the item name should alliterate because I enjoy a little word play. Got harder after the seventh! Called in aid from Anakiro and she came up with a few corkers. biggrin.png

#71 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2018 - 13:03

Heh heh. I liked the thieves theme so every item has a different word for stolen in it but I decided the item name should illiterate because I enjoy a little word play. Got harder after the seventh! Called in aid from Anakiro and she came up with a few corkers. biggrin.png

haha, awesome, many are enthrawled by this, great work getting done!

#72 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 15:27

Heh heh. I liked the thieves theme so every item has a different word for stolen in it but I decided the item name should *alliterative* because I enjoy a little word play. Got harder after the seventh! Called in aid from Anakiro and she came up with a few corkers. biggrin.png

fixed :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#73 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 March 2018 - 17:12

Wave 2 sets plotted. Punching them in now and will get wave 3 sorted. Still gonna take time as this is a LOT of new art fer Retro to plow through.

Getting there though. :)

~ Grim

#74 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 April 2018 - 15:54

Welp, Wave one is damn near ready to go out. Retro has kicked out some great art for it. Wave two is set up for art for Retro to work through. So I gotta just get wave three built but this is slowly coming together.

We can probably expect to see wave one a week or two after the Easter Global is done. Kinda really lookin' forward to seeing how this works!

~ Grim

#75 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:14

Sweet!!!! ( hopefully sense it’s a thieves theme ) at least one of the potions in the global chest will have buffs that increase gold steal and exp took from hitting players :)) food for thought ;)

#76 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:29

Potions aren't the thead of this event. It's all about invented sets.

~ Grim

#77 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2018 - 22:38

I was wondering if we can add some old gear from the shops in different quest areas to this since they are a standard items not really used and can be bought anytime no limits to best of my knowledge.Perhaps,  put a pirate map in x marks the store spots to buy supplies in building such gear or herb or some random needed item supply from different area levels of stores. Just an idea to add or explore for a gap of something that needs to be invented or perhaps add extra item to purchase for the recipe as scavenge hunt to be taken from a pirate. 

#78 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 00:40

I was wondering if we can add some old gear from the shops in different quest areas to this since they are a standard items not really used and can be bought anytime no limits to best of my knowledge.Perhaps,  put a pirate map in x marks the store spots to buy supplies in building such gear or herb or some random needed item supply from different area levels of stores. Just an idea to add or explore for a gap of something that needs to be invented or perhaps add extra item to purchase for the recipe as scavenge hunt to be taken from a pirate. 

Dear god no.... reminds me too much of Karthak

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#79 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:29

Hey there.

All three waves are now built. Wave ones art is complete. Retro is working on Wave two art at the moment. smile.png

Retro also has the creature art done. Both of the creatures will drop Frag Stashes in like with other events that have Normal and Champion class creatures.

So, barring adding the items to the recipes, which I've not done yet on purpose (stops canny so & sos checking the Guide to horde components), We should see wave one soon. smile.png

As for the components, like I've said, I'll be using Legendary items as well as herb and game drops. Should I add level appropriate Elite items as well? Elites at the level of the set and below? Just curious what you all think.

~ Grim

#80 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:58

BG, have u thought of adding, even if not a great buff or buff level potion to the common mob in these events, a reason to have to choose between the better champ and the common mob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: