69 replies to this topic

#61 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 18:06

Okay so like i've stated before composing is a personal activity that you can also help out your personal guild mates with ;).

#62 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 19:07

Still beating the dead pony, poor little dead pony it's not going to run any faster.

According to what I've read in the forums, a TC can make potions for self of guild.  There is no limitation on which guild the composing is done for, only that guild composing is done for a guild and self composing is for self.

Gather frags through the various ways you can, earn gold though the various ways you can.  Work hard, throw away a lot and keep a few, give a bunch to the guild of the moment, then wander on across the realm to the next one.

That too is called playing the game.

The admin will change things if they wish. If nothing changes, then I guess they think you should leave that poor dead pony be at rest.

#63 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 19:13

Do tell what kind of activity composing was originally intended to be.

Composing was originally suggested as a way of removing excess gear from the game, making LE items regain some value and allowing for more frequent LE and crystalline events.

There ya go, nuff said on this thread by me.

Heck, I'm worried I'll run out of likes, lol.

#64 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 19:35

There ya go, nuff said on this thread by me.

Heck, I'm worried I'll run out of likes, lol.

Clearly we are not on the same page here we're arguing about two completely different things. 

If HCS never saw anything wrong with openly selling composing pot's why weren't they available to sell from the beginning. Where is the logic in guild tagging/personal tagging them? Remember that is the logic i'm trying to figure out. Maybe it's just me but to me this mean's that composing was mean't to be an unprofitable personal activity... But HCS wanted you to be able to also help your guild-mates hence the guild tagging.

This is what i'm talking about. Clearly a work around of the original implementation. Some people might even cry exploit. If the cows intended these to be sell-able they would clearly of made them UN-BOUND. Because they didn't want them to be sellable they bound them to your personal character or PERSONAL guild. Seem's everyone's beating around the bush to do with this argument i'm trying to bring forth and won't directly address it.

Still beating the dead pony, poor little dead pony it's not going to run any faster.

According to what I've read in the forums, a TC can make potions for self of guild.  There is no limitation on which guild the composing is done for, only that guild composing is done for a guild and self composing is for self.

Gather frags through the various ways you can, earn gold though the various ways you can.  Work hard, throw away a lot and keep a few, give a bunch to the guild of the moment, then wander on across the realm to the next one.

The admin will change things if they wish. If nothing changes, then I guess they think you should leave that poor dead pony be at rest.

It's good conversation that's what a forums all about. Some people take mortal offense about certain things but hey whatever :P.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2016 - 19:41.

#65 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 21:33

i ran out of likes for today....xooxxoxo so im posting this cuz i like it! xoxo

#66 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 22:27

Awful lot of stuff going on here...

Edited by BigGrim, 21 March 2016 - 12:08.
Let's not be vulgar.

#67 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 00:46

Can't beat en join em ;)

#68 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:50

When first implemented composing was solely player bound.  Requests were made to allow guild bound and HCS agreed.  This opened up the possibility to sell composed pots within a guild. 

This opened up the possibility to become a traveling composer and therefore maybe profit from composing.  One player saw this opportunity and HCS saw nothing wrong with it so allowed it (after a debate on the forums).

Actually Hoofmaster has never stated that in the forums or game.

Why are you at a loss? I'm saying that while the Tagging is in place to prevent profit making, the idea of hiring out services to a Guild is a fairly creative work around. We are open to tweaking an idea and while this allows players to sell their services as a Guild Composer is not quite what we had in mind, it's not a bad idea.

We still don't want players using composing to flood the AH with composed potions but allowing player to stock up their Guild by hiring another player with higher composing is fine.

In any event, Hoofmaster and I discussed this and we are pretty cool with the idea of hiring out your services as a Guild Composer.

Edited by Lahona, 20 March 2016 - 02:51.

#69 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:13

And Hoofmaster Still has not said that...

#70 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,838 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2016 - 13:05

Well it's pretty apparent that composing will never be balanced so the next best thing is everyone having these buffs.

Everyone DOES have access to them. It's called leveling Composing up.

We have stated REPEATEDLY that we are fine with Composing as it is. This has not changed.

This thread is locked as it is descending into arguments and flamebaiting.

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: