#61 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 21:09

Allow relics to be captured by 1 player with a group again to stop the current obsessive occupation of them, we had lots of fun in "the old days" but so many aspects have been tightened up and - in my opinion - that took a lot of pleasure out of the game. 

You've always been able to capture a relic with 1 player and a group ;) - I think I know what you're meaning tho, in that you mean 1 player and mercs ? - I've been around over 5 years and I don't remember that EVER being the case ?? (although, obviously, I could be mistaken there)

Same with PvP, that whole ladder concept never worked and wrecked the pvp - not that I like pvp but I met some great people through it.

The PvP ladder is, unfortunately, a joke. Pretty much all ladders are won by a single hit and there's collusion between opted-in players. But, I guess that's indicative of society as a whole - if there's an exploit to be used, folk will use it to their advantage. Personally, I'd like to see the system redesigned and, whilst that's happening, either the ladder disabled or all rewards removed ...

let go of the rule where everyone can start a guild without points backup

Not quite sure what you mean here ? Clarify ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#62 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 21:58

Not quite sure what you mean here ? Clarify ?

He means the 20 or 25 fsp down payment for when you start a guild. I think.

#63 doctibai

doctibai

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:03

This is awesome - first full week back from retirement and I see that the cow's are working hard and letting us know what's going on.  So much more to the game since I left - it's gonna take a bit to get caught up on everything...  I do admit - I enjoyed the Global Quest.  :D

#64 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:05

I disagree the ladder is the way it is because its got little to no activity and some of us are just there because if not then nobody would have anyone to attack. 

So yea some are won by one hit,, more a issue of activity than a collusion 

It was fixed till broken and really should be revisited I suggested a couple times to take away opt and if you hit anyone in band either in bounty or regualr pvp then you are entered in the next reset.

Also suggested remove bountys but that should only be if the current system is kept since if you auto opt then its not like now where its a contest you enter willingly. Bountys and the pacts and such are one big problem atm

I also think that new rewards will bring a few people back but not a real fix there

#65 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:09

He means the 20 or 25 fsp down payment for when you start a guild. I think.

I'd say that players shouldn't be able to create guilds without a screen telling them what kind of expenditure they are likely to face in getting it up and running - and a warning that a lot of guilds will just fade into obscurity almost as quickly as they are formed. I know the current system is an fsp sink, but I think it's an unfair one. 

Noobs start playing, spend the however many fsp's it is to create a guild (no idea?) and then think hang on, everything else costs so much ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#66 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:37

I'd say that players shouldn't be able to create guilds without a screen telling them what kind of expenditure they are likely to face in getting it up and running - and a warning that a lot of guilds will just fade into obscurity almost as quickly as they are formed. I know the current system is an fsp sink, but I think it's an unfair one. 

Noobs start playing, spend the however many fsp's it is to create a guild (no idea?) and then think hang on, everything else costs so much ...

I'd also propose raising the min level to create a guild. If I'm not mistaken, it sits at only 10 right now? Should be a lot higher, closer to 500 maybe? :D. Enough to let players know what the cost of the game is, and hopefully force them to have experience in another guild.

#67 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:38

The purpose of this thread is to give everyone an overview of what we're currently working on (excluding normal game content) and what is in the pipeline for the game. We'll do our best to keep this as up-to-date and accurate as possible :)

Currently In Development (Estimated Release Date)

Diamond Medals (25th July)

General Bug Fix Update (29th July)

Updates for UFSG (Thread) (1st August)

Composing (20th August)

Planned Development

Improve Chests (Thread)

Epic Quest (continued)

Personal Achievements

Map Footprints

If we've missed something from the list that you feel is important, please let us know :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Hoof, any ETA on when 1800+ buffs are coming out? Or are they slated for release with composing? :).

#68 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:39

I'd also propose raising the min level to create a guild. If I'm not mistaken, it sits at only 10 right now? Should be a lot higher, closer to 500 maybe? :D. Enough to let players know what the cost of the game is, and hopefully force them to have experience in another guild.

Dunno about 500, but definately higher than 10, that's for sure. I think it should be at least 100 (that used to take a lil while - but now that's achievable in under a week...) and more likely 200+

#69 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:40

...and a warning that a lot of guilds will just fade into obscurity almost as quickly as they are formed....

I do think that the Cows should go and delete all the guilds that have been created and are empty. That should free up some names of guilds that some may want to have in the future.

#70 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:42

Dunno about 500, but definately higher than 10, that's for sure. I think it should be at least 100 (that used to take a lil while - but now that's achievable in under a week...) and more likely 200+

200 sounds good, that way they will have gotten through that phase of them needing more to hunt when they hit that level 186 where there is the boost in stats.. (guessing 186, not sure of the exact level).

#71 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:44

I do think that the Cows should go and delete all the guilds that have been created and are empty. That should free up some names of guilds that some may want to have in the future.

Not a bad idea - if they're empty, it's not as if someone is gonna come outta retirement and revive 'em ...  Sounds like something for one of the interns to do ;) - or, mebbe not - what if they removed an active guild by accident LOL

#72 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 22:54

doesn't cost anything to start a guild anymore..

wonder if you are able to ask HCS for a guild name if it was taken by someone who made a guild and destroyed it, burying the name 'FOR-EV-ER'.. i got some gems that are buried

#73 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 23:16

doesn't cost anything to start a guild anymore..

wonder if you are able to ask HCS for a guild name if it was taken by someone who made a guild and destroyed it, burying the name 'FOR-EV-ER'.. i got some gems that are buried

They might've gotten rid of a good bunch of guilds already. If you take a look at the list, most of the useless guilds don't exist anymore. 

#74 cazz1

cazz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 23:46

Back in the days when BG started if I had of known how much it was going to cost to maintain I would of joined one of the other guilds. Now days I think I am still active to keep the guild  With the current changes in how easy it is for a new player to level I would say level 200-250 before being able to start a guild as they would be more aware of how things work giving them more of a starting chance.

#75 j3k

j3k

Posted 23 July 2013 - 23:48

Back in the days when BG started if I had of known how much it was going to cost to maintain I would of joined one of the other guilds. Now days I think I am still active to keep the guild  With the current changes in how easy it is for a new player to level I would say level 200-250 before being able to start a guild as they would be more aware of how things work giving them more of a starting chance.

+1  by then they would know the world of Fallensword and how it works   

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#76 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2013 - 00:08

I am really happy to have a list to look over and see what is coming up! Being able to see your progress really helps me stay excited for the future of the game. :)

On the note of guild starting cost/level: I believe the reason for removing the starting cost was that so anyone could start their own guild at any time. There really should be a warning about the expenses with examples of a week/month upkeep for new founders to see what they are actually getting in to, along with other warnings/tips about permissions, recruiting, etc..

#77 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:13

I can't speak for HCS but from personal experience working with a number of different companies, there is usually a legal requirement to retain information for a set period of time. This could run into complications if a guild name/ID is deleted and HCS then gets a legal request from law enforcement or the like.

There is always the possibility of change old guild names to something like xx_$guildname after a certain level of inactivity, while retaining the guild ID.

With that said, it's possible HCS will be of the standpoint where they feel "A player or group of players have created a guild, and may at any point come back to play. It's not fair to them to take that name away from them"

#78 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:29

I can't speak for HCS but from personal experience working with a number of different companies, there is usually a legal requirement to retain information for a set period of time. This could run into complications if a guild name/ID is deleted and HCS then gets a legal request from law enforcement or the like.

There is always the possibility of change old guild names to something like xx_$guildname after a certain level of inactivity, while retaining the guild ID.

With that said, it's possible HCS will be of the standpoint where they feel "A player or group of players have created a guild, and may at any point come back to play. It's not fair to them to take that name away from them"

Interesting, never thought of it that way.

#79 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:32

So you are essentially saying that HCS could be sued for deleting a guild name/ID before the set period of time is up?

#80 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:01

So you are essentially saying that HCS could be sued for deleting a guild name/ID before the set period of time is up?

Not at all.

Actual requirements and legalities will differ between countries.

#disclaimer: I am not a law professional

A couple of companies I have worked for in the telco industry have an underwritten contractual agreement with the government whereby all reasonable efforts must be made to retain records for a certain period of time (I am not going to elaborate on the lengths). If it is found that these steps have not been taken the companies can be penalised financially by the government for not keeping their contractual agreement. The information which is held will often be required to assist law enforcement with confirming the location of a person or where a transaction may have taken place from. Sorry if this is a bit vague but vagueness is on purpose.

That being said, relating it to something more familiar to the users here:

Transaction records such as purchases are often kept for a decent length of time should there discrepancies or fraudulent recovery action.

Having the Player/Guild ID historical information and transaction material is something which can be useful for covering your backside as well as supporting legal action should they be required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: