Photo

Guild XP while sub-leveling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
275 replies to this topic

Poll: Guild XP while sub-leveling (245 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this idea would work?

1. Yes. (200 votes [81.63%])

Percentage of vote: 81.63%

2. No. (45 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

Vote

#61 unknownone

unknownone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:02

If we do have an xp event, I think it would be better to implement it before actually. Otherwise players at EoC would essentially be punished for not de-levelling.

... As an example.. Is it fair for her?

http://fallensword.c...ayer_id=1191591

Edited by unknownone, 10 December 2013 - 02:02.

#62 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:04

What do you think?

The key to this problem lies in WHERE the player sits, gaining so much MORE XP for their AL! Forget about the gxp for a minute. Players will only need to sit on a champ many 100s of levels higher regaining levels at a MUCH higher rate(less stam).

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#63 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:04

... As an example.. Is it fair for her?

You could say the same thing the other way around for any of the players at EoC that haven't de-levelled. Yes I think this solution is fair otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it :)

#64 kingkillz

kingkillz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:05

he won't be leveling this go round :P

#65 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:07

.........although it does suck for players that have spent a lot of resources deleveling. Maybe implement this after XP event to retain fairness.

I don't see why everyone is just expecting HCS to give out an XP Event. You folks all do understand there very well could be no such event planned? What would all of these players who lost 100s of levels do then? Thats right. Nothing. HCS always has the option of whether or not they will reward is with XP Events but when people begin to expect/demand them is in my opinion where HCS should show that they are the ones still in control. 

So in essence what I'm trying to say is, even if there is no event, we can whine about it all we want but at the end of the day, it comes down to HCS's choice of whether or not we are getting a REWARD... and trust me when I say this, when people start demanding thing from you, it makes it a lot less appealing to give those things out for free. 

#66 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:08

am i understanding this wrong or are other players?

there will be no changes to XP gained from farming a creature at your VL based on your AL.. so if this was implemented right now, those players will still be getting what they wanted? farming the same creature for 100s of levels to gain easy XP because the VL creature gives out more XP than their AL range targets...

than after they all gained their easy levels back, they just wont need that process again?

There is effort and cost that goes into deleveling. Players are doing this because of the upcoming xp event. People should not be able to gain double XP if they have not subleveled for the prior to the event.

#67 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:10

There is effort and cost that goes into deleveling. Players are doing this because of the upcoming xp event. People should not be able to gain double XP if they have not subleveled for the prior to the event.

We not currently announced any xp event :)

#68 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:12

If we do have an xp event, I think it would be better to implement it before actually. Otherwise players at EoC would essentially be punished for not de-levelling.

+100000000 Those players who play the game and didn't exploit this "loophole" should not be punished for not doing so. 

55 user(s) are reading this topic

40 members, 15 guests

And yet we only have 36 votes? Come on folks vote! Just do it! :D 

#69 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:12

I don't see why everyone is just expecting HCS to give out an XP Event. You folks all do understand there very well could be no such event planned? What would all of these players who lost 100s of levels do then? Thats right. Nothing. HCS always has the option of whether or not they will reward is with XP Events but when people begin to expect/demand them is in my opinion where HCS should show that they are the ones still in control. 

So in essence what I'm trying to say is, even if there is no event, we can whine about it all we want but at the end of the day, it comes down to HCS's choice of whether or not we are getting a REWARD... and trust me when I say this, when people start demanding thing from you, it makes it a lot less appealing to give those things out for free. 

Pointless argument . People are referring to XP event because it is assumed. If they do not give one than that is that . Peoples arguments are not hinging on the XP event

However, it is the reason people have been sublveling.

Edited by Placeboo, 10 December 2013 - 02:13.

#70 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:14

so you are saying players at EOC who didn't delevel shouldn't be able to gain GXP like those who deleveled and will relevel are going to?

#71 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:15

Hoof you are saying your gonna leave that person in the dust? she deleveled 800 levels without knowing of this change????you got to let the delevelers get back to where they were how they intended otherwise what the heck man. Then implement the change after when everyone is well aware of it and when its coming. This was basically a surprise attack on delevelers cant punish them for not doing something against the rules...

#72 Bahamut101

Bahamut101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:16

Awesome solution anyone would be crazy to vote no

#73 MrSiggs

MrSiggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

sounds like there will be no fix for the real problem that will continue..and if enough high level guild members keep bringing up the same old "there is no exploit"..which you know is false and want to compromise with just the EOC players..but the same thing will just keep happening..as long as there is no fix to killing creatures at the higher levels when the AL is much lower..there will be no changes and all will be the same..leaving the ones who posted the most messages against it to win..looks like urck has sent his whole guild to convince you to change your mind..what happened to the voting..it wasn't going good..so lets change again..I say lets stick with the original ideas and voting..looks like a compromise to the ones that have whined the most here

#74 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Hoof you are saying your gonna leave that person in the dust? she deleveled 800 levels without knowing of this change????you got to let the delevelers get back to where they were how they intended otherwise what the heck man. Then implement the change after when everyone is well aware of it and when its coming. This was basically a surprise attack on delevelers cant punish them for not doing something against the rules...

they will still be able to farm the champion and get the XP and spend the amount of FSP they planned on before this discussion began.. nothing has changed for them.. 

#75 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Pointless argument . People are referring to XP event because it is assumed. If they do not give one than that is that . Peoples arguments are not hinging on the XP event

However, it is the reason people have been sublveling.

How is it pointless? You pretty much summed up my whole argument for me in 3-4 sentences. 

It is the ONLY reason people have been subleveling. If they knew that there was going to be no event then not one of them would have "subleveled" (sure is a nicer way of saying exploit)... 

#76 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:17

so you are saying players at EOC who didn't delevel shouldn't be able to gain GXP like those who deleveled and will relevel are going to?

Yes, I am, because that is the way the game has been functioning for years, it is fair.

If you go buy every Writhing Ward in the auction house for 15-20 fsp each, with intentions of trying to resell. Then all of a sudden Hoof decides to give every player in the game a writhing ward for free, would that be fair to you? this is the same concept. It takes A LOT of fsp to delevel oneself, people would not have done this if they would have known of the upcoming change.

Edited by Placeboo, 10 December 2013 - 02:19.

#77 Adaian

Adaian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Badge

As was stated before, it isn't always about the GXP. It may be due to guild gold for structures and other expensis. This is going to cause a ripple that a lot of people aren't considering.

#78 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

It is the ONLY reason people have been subleveling.

players were deleveling/releveling months ago without a XP event

#79 j3k

j3k

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:19

that bothers me -800 levels is gonna give 6x GXP pretty much 

it should be implemented so if they go OVER 150 levels they get kicked out of the map they're on IMO

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#80 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:20

I haven't voted on this idea because I just don't like it quite frankly.

It doesn't change the situation some people have when facing pvp players who are virtually untouchable because of their VL champions.

It still gives an epic win button to guilds that hold EoC players. (even more so than before actually)

Looks like this is going to be the preferred option though, and since this is Hoofs baby (FS) and he should change it how he see's fit. I'm just going to wash my hands and walk away. lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: