Photo

Speaking of Pride

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Allow Pride to Recognize True Achievements? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Weigh Medals According to Quality?

1. Yes (81 votes [88.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.04%

2. No (11 votes [11.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:40

Just you I'm afraid, contrary to popular belief, HCS don't play favourites, if you bring up a great idea that the admins feel has merit, you'll be listened to just the same as anyone else.

Not only does Hoof listen without bias, but I believe the community does as well. Contrary to a few petty players who will vote against an author solely because of who it is, the majority of players will decide, thankfully, on the merit of the idea. I believe anybody with personal integrity and intelligence spots this. The ones that don't have those traits can't see its merit. It's why I make all my polls public. It keeps people honest.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#62 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:44

I second the motion>> Quality over Quantity :)

#63 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:49

Bumping this thread to keep Hoof on his toes.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#64 Jenne

Jenne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:17

Yes please.

#65 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:57

So demanding.... :P

But yes, I do like this idea. I'll have a think over the numbers on it and discuss it with the team :)

After one month, still demanding... :P

[Signature removed]

#66 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 21:27

I wonder if some players might think this suggestion is OP...

However, I've rethought my original post at #46 and decided that it seems reasonable... so I caved in and voted "yes".

For full disclosure, I voted against this skill at the very beginning. I've yet to use it and don't really plan on doing so.

But that said... if it is here, then I fully agree that it should be powered based on the level of the medals. One might also hope that there could be more medals on the way. I'm kind of a shiny addict and admit that I often stop at Bronze.

Pride appears to be currently capped at 200 (distll ignored)... 

My major question is how much extra time should be allowed? 

I admit that I like the gold sink from composing, and so I'm concerned about the side effect from this skill. After all, the only difference between a 45 and a 60 minute pot is gold. 

It's just a thought... and not well thought out. I don't really know why people would use the skill... I can only guess. 

#67 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2015 - 14:28

After one month, still demanding... :P

Still like this idea - going to look at including something along these lines in the next major update :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: