cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:34

Is it possible to allow us to save more than one file location in our settings? I'm sure I'm not the only one that plays from more than one computer, and they have different directory structures.

For example, at home, I can use the default:
C:\Program Files\Hunted Cow Studios Ltd\Fallen Sword Image Pack

Or if I choose to put it in a user directory on my desktop, it would look like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Hunted Cow Studios Ltd\Fallen Sword Image Pack

But at work (which is where I really want to conserve bandwidth used), I have a different username, and I can't modify the Program Files folder.

Also, my laptop has Windows Vista (and my other machine has Windows 7), which doesn't use the "Documents and Settings" like XP does. Instead, it uses:
C:\Users\[username]

Could we perhaps have a dropdown box with options to save file locations? Kind of like the way the combat sets works.
[___dropdown-box-here___] [add button] [delete button] [save button]

I suppose I could save my file locations in my notebook, but this would be easier.

Also, if we log in from a computer that has the files in a different location, we won't be able to get to our Preferences unless we have the URL to the prefs page saved! And if I sign on from someone else's computer entirely? Like say I go to my parents' house and decide to pull up FS on my mom's computer to reset my auctions real quick. I'll have no images and no way to get back to Prefs, short of pulling up the forum, finding this thread, and clicking on the "go to prefs" link. Is it possible to put a "hidden link" (text color same as background) in a corner or something that we can click to go to prefs? Or maybe just default to pull images from the FS server if no local images are found in the directory that's specified in the Prefs?

Oh also I prefer to use Chrome, so I guess I'm screwed for now. ;)

#62 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:38

Working for FireFox 3.5.5

Found missing images:
Under Avi:
1. Secure Trade ... look below for solution

2. Ranking (guild founder only) ... look below for solution

SOLUTIONS
1. Secure Trade ... under the IMAGE directory, create a folder called "temple". save this image with the same name there ... http://72.29.91.222/temple/2.gif
NEW ... C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/temple/2.gif

2. Ranking (guild founder only) ... under the IMAGE directory, create a folder called "guilds". put the mini logo of ur guild there. must have same ID.jpg ... for example: Bushido is 48997_mini.jpg
NEW ... C:/Program Files (x86)/Hunted Cow Studios Ltd/Fallen Sword Image Pack/guilds/48997_mini.jpg

Says i don't have permission to save in that folder, yet I'm an admin.

if this is on vista, you have to open the browser as an admin (right-click the icon, and hit "run as admin")

Thanks. Worked like a charm.

#63 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:10

Is it possible to put a "hidden link" (text color same as background) in a corner or something that we can click to go to prefs?

+1. I just rebuilt my workstation and can't get into prefs to download the pack!

#64 fs_mindlayer

fs_mindlayer
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:12

*edit* Btw, thanks McBush for the zip file, i'm using it for testing on Mac =)

Using file:// or web sharing? (If you get it working well, either way, please post instructions :) )

file:// is the only option (regardless of the OS).

So far, what I did:

1) Downloaded McBush img zip pack;
2) Unpacked it somewhere;
3) Installed LocalFileLinks add-on (i'm using Firefox, btw);
4) Added fallensword.com ; http://www.fallensword.com, well, I added the game site in every possible way I could remember to this plugin allow list =PP;
5) Lastly, I put the folder reference on my settings - here, for a sample, is "/Users/rsfaller/desktop/FSImgPack", without quotes.

It worked almost flawlessly, but there is that backslash bug I mentioned some posts ago, causing map tiles not to load.

#65 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 14:23

Would adding the CSS files to the image pack work? (For skinning purposes)

I know I could try to do it and then use greasemonkey to change the location where the css file is being loaded from, but I'm at work..

#66 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 15:10

Almost made it work on mac. On World Screen, there is a "bug" (probably happens in other situations):

Map tiles do not work. I went after the source code, and the file address was this:

"file:///Users/rsfaller/Desktop/FSImgPack\tiles/16_8.gif"

My path = "/Users/rsfaller/Desktop/FSImgPack"

For some reason, the tileset is indexed using a wrong backslash...

**EDIT** Also, it does work only when I access "http://www.fallensword.com", if I access "http://fallensword.com" without the "www" it doesn't work (probably this is either LocalFileLinks fault, or mine for not configuring it properly =PP)

**EDIT2** Realm Map screen is not loading images from local, but from img server

If you use the FSHelper, I have added a revision that replaces the wrong slashes for the image pack files until HCS fixes this on their side.

#67 fs_mindlayer

fs_mindlayer
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 15:36

If you use the FSHelper, I have added a revision that replaces the wrong slashes for the image pack files until HCS fixes this on their side.

I'm definitely using =) Thanks for adding this workaround on FSHelper =) I made my own gm script to fix that, but it is best having it all on a same script =D

I'll update mine now and test!

#68 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2009 - 16:48

We'll release a new updated version next week (as both .msi and .zip), including any missing images and also look to have more images includes to keep things nice and fast.

Hope your all finding it useful :)

#69 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2009 - 16:54

I do :D
Thanks!

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#70 fs_mindlayer

fs_mindlayer
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 21:49

We'll release a new updated version next week (as both .msi and .zip), including any missing images and also look to have more images includes to keep things nice and fast.

We sure loved =) But did you check the slashes thing I mentioned a few posts ago?

**EDIT** To McBush - Just tested your new FS helper version, appearently the bug remains, I updated here and the path is still wrong...

#71 fs_mathcam

fs_mathcam
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:12

Great, working on Ubuntu now...same issues with the tiles though, even with the helper update.

#72 fs_babykelz

fs_babykelz
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:14

any chance at a way to get it to work with chrome?? i only use firefox to hunt really :P

#73 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:09

I might boot up my mac tomorrow and try to fix this with the helper.. if not bug the other contributors =)

#74 fs_mindlayer

fs_mindlayer
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 14:27

mcbush, I haven't read your FS Helper modifications yet, but I guess the bug is because the tiles in Map are on 'background' attribute of TD tag and not on 'src'

**EDIT** Found the bug, McBush =PPP You search for slash errors on attribute 'background' but you set the attribute 'src' instead =PPPP I changed the FS Helper here and it worked ;) But still, would be better if Hoof changed this =/

#75 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 16:40

woops... thanks for finding that, I'll commit that change

Ahh, the evils of copypasta!

#76 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2009 - 16:42

woops... thanks for finding that, I'll commit that change

It should work then :D

#77 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 16:45

Update your FSH and let me know if it works better

#78 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2009 - 16:46

Update your FSH and let me know if it works better

I don't have FSH :(
I have IE...

#79 fs_mcbush

fs_mcbush
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 16:49

IE is garbage... absolute trash. The only thing I use it for is work..

(nothing personal =) )

If you do any web development, you'll find that IE doesn't follow standards completely, that's why some (non-activex-based) webpages render differently on firefox and IE. Microsoft is "above standards" apparently.

/rant

#80 Phlyon

Phlyon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 16:54

IE is the Beta-MAX of browsers.

In IE's defense it does hog resources very well. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: