#61 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 15:41

Because it was bull.

Just take this as a lesson learned. Pvp guilds rule the bounty board so do not clear pvp players. Or hope the person you are clearing aren't friends with pvp guilds. The bb works perfectly for them and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Or join a pvp guild.

#62 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 17:40

Because it was bull.

Nope, what's bull is the lack of respect for a bounty with less then an hour on it. Yes I read the crap you wrote, trying to seem innocent, about taking 2 hrs to clear two bounties while "multi-tasking." I know because I buffed him with an hr left and all 4 of his bounties were untouched. So you decided, I'm gonna buff up and clear what I can so he doesn't go unpunished. If a bounty has survived 47 hrs on the board, I promise you none of the best bounty hunters in the game would touch ANY of them out of respect. So keep up your attempt to be innocent for the gemeral mass of player who doesn't know squat about BB etiquette. I don't need a reason to 100 stam anyone off the board. In fact the cows give a medal for doing it!!

And btw, nobody said a word to me about this. I would have glady stomped every bounty. I've never heard anyone complain more about losing 5 levels, even from an xp-centric player. This is a PvP game, not Sigmastorm!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#63 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 19:39

Just take this as a lesson learned. Pvp guilds rule the bounty board so do not clear pvp players. Or hope the person you are clearing aren't friends with pvp guilds. The bb works perfectly for them and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Or join a pvp guild.

No they don't. HCS owns the BB.

#64 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 19:42

Nope, what's bull is the lack of respect for a bounty with less then an hour on it. Yes I read the crap you wrote, trying to seem innocent, about taking 2 hrs to clear two bounties while "multi-tasking." I know because I buffed him with an hr left and all 4 of his bounties were untouched. So you decided, I'm gonna buff up and clear what I can so he doesn't go unpunished. If a bounty has survived 47 hrs on the board, I promise you none of the best bounty hunters in the game would touch ANY of them out of respect. So keep up your attempt to be innocent for the gemeral mass of player who doesn't know squat about BB etiquette. I don't need a reason to 100 stam anyone off the board. In fact the cows give a medal for doing it!!

And btw, nobody said a word to me about this. I would have glady stomped every bounty. I've never heard anyone complain more about losing 5 levels, even from an xp-centric player. This is a PvP game, not Sigmastorm!

The cows give you a medal for taking bounties too. Yoda did nothing wrong.

All bounties on the board are free game for everyone who wants to play the game.

#65 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 19:58

p

The cows give you a medal for taking bounties too. Yoda did nothing wrong.
All bounties on the board are free game for everyone who wants to play the game.

In your opinion he did "nothing wrong!" And the people who deleveled him did "nothing wrong" either. Is it unusual to delevel someone for a 10 stam clear? Yes. Is it unusual to clear a bounty with only minutes left? Yes. The OPs claim that he was doing a favor is laughable.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#66 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 20:08

pIn your opinion he did "nothing wrong!" And the people who deleveled him did "nothing wrong" either. Is it unusual to delevel someone for a 10 stam clear? Yes. Is it unusual to clear a bounty with only minutes left? Yes. The OPs claim that he was doing a favor is laughable.

Granted, to post a thread about a delevel party is silly. But your arguments for the party are equally silly.

I don't understand why Yoda is so precious about his XP. But at the same time, I don't understand why you're so adamant about deleveling the bounty hunter.

#67 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 20:25

This topic has seen a variety of thoughts - suggestions - certainly opinions - from the best of my knowlege - my own experience with PvP and being on or using the Bounty Board - the only thing I can see that will need fixing here is this crazy experation time attatched to bounties - Sadly some may sit for weeks on end with such a change but so be it - for anyone and I totally mean anyone to complain about sitting there for the whole duration then cry about being cleared is wrong - We are all entitled to feel differently on any topic of course - I support PvP - I support creating incentives so more will take part in it - learn that XP comes and goes an at the end of the day is only worth so much. I hope and want everyone to enjoy the aspect as much as my self.

All this being said - if I had been dropped for taking a bounty soon to expire - LOL those are the breaks - odds are I would drop those who dropped me - war - etc if so needed - what ever more fun - more pvp - then diplomacy and working things out at the end as what happens with all things in game and war at the end.

This topic truly needs a lock - I doubt much more can be said on a constructive level. - I don't support the O.P. neither - I do not and have never supported trash talking players without having a consoquence neither. I enjoy pvp - I want more to as well.

- Chazz

#68 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 20:31

agreed!

#69 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 20:31

No they don't. HCS owns the BB.

uhhh... where did I say that they don't?

#70 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 20:46

No They don't. HCS owns the BB.

uhhh... where did I say that they don't?

see above.

#71 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 20:54

Sure. Why all these discussions? Nothing wrong has been done by both sides, except starting this most useless, pointless thread ever. 

#72 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 21:03

No They don't. HCS owns the BB.

see above.

I'm looking... can't find the word own...

#73 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 21:09

I'm looking... can't find the word own...

That's too predictable.... I knew you go with own vs. rule. The Full Moon is coming.  :D

#74 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 21:17

That's too predictable.... I knew you go with own vs. rule. The Full Moon is coming. :D

The words are synonymous? Wow. Again, I learn something everyday. But my advice is still sound, no?

#75 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 22:06

- the only thing I can see that will need fixing here is this crazy experation time attatched to bounties - Sadly some may sit for weeks on end with such a change but so be it - for anyone and I totally mean anyone to complain about sitting there for the whole duration then cry about being cleared is wrong

- Chazz

On the contrary, I believe the implmentation of expiring bounties is invaluable to the BB. What's the point of buffing up when on the board if someone is merely gonna soft clear you? Now you can actually get away without losing xp. The person bountying probably didn't put a large enough reward up. I promise you NO bounty would expire atm when someone puts up more then a couple dots. It rewards the player who was bountied for defending themself for 48 hrs. That is not easy. It helps make the BB more of a game. Those of you that don't agree that there's a difference between a bounty that's up for only 10 mins and one that's been up for nearly 48 hrs doesn't have the faintest idea about jack. Now those who don't care, that's entirely up to you. But know this, some players do care. The human condition makes PvP different from leveling. So just understand that 10 stam clears are not always delevel free, as in this case. There are and needs to be risk involved in every aspect of PvP. If you dislike that go start a GvG conflict.

[Signature removed]

#76 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:51

Well just who made the rule if a bounty is about to expire some one can't take the bounty???? I would say sad losers that think they run the game... Get real here you take 5 levels for that????? Sounds like a gang of street THUGS saying you can't come on our turf.... 

Yes,,, without naming names here pretty much yes thats whos doing it XD

Edited by watagashi, 14 February 2014 - 02:51.

#77 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:07

At this point nothing positive is happening here.  

No one is going to budge on their perception of the events and they are perceptions.  Seems everyone seems to know exactly what the other person what thinking at the time and the only agreement is that the other guy was up to no good.

* PvP'ers complain the BB is dead and actually everyone remarks that it's dead.

* Now we're going to say that Player X is wrong because s/he hit in the last hour of the Bounty?  That doesn't help enliven the BB.  One 10-stam hitter on a bounty doesn't do tremendous damage - I remain very confused that a bit of xp lost there was a fuss, no matter if 2 seconds was left, but guess I don't understand something.  I've been posted by a guild and left to squirm until the 47th hour and then they sent in their delevel team and there went 5 levels.  *shrug* (actually think that was prior to the limit, so think it was 10 - I don't recall - been a long time)

* BH'ing is risk and we all need to remember that unless you know that person and absolutely know you won't be bountied in return, then assume it can happen and deleveling with it, and find a way to let it go.  It's a game and each of us needs to not give someone else the power to ruin our day.

* There are PvP'ers-BH'ers who post their levels lost with pride -that's the territory, so when we enter it - we assume the risk.  

* The BB isn't broken when it allows 10-100 stam hits - that is the nature of it.

* For those that complain that it's wrong if a PvP'er is posted and their friends clear them.  As the poster, you have control of when it's going to happen (well within the time limits) and if you seriously want damage, then it's up to you to make a plan to make that happen.  If you don't make a plan, then you accept whatever the outcome.  What person, whether you're a PvP'er or not, who can won't do a clean clear for a friend?  

* Making more rules to control who can do what, when ... on the BB will not automatically improve it unless thought out rationally and without emotion.

I like and respect people on both sides of this discussion, but it seems it's time for everyone to move to their separate corners and just agree to disagree. 

Love and peace to you all - Kath ... but yes, today maybe we won't try a big old group hug - tomorrow perhaps :)

Edited by BraveKath, 14 February 2014 - 13:21.

#78 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 February 2014 - 15:06

Hey.

This thread has run it's course. Do try to remain civil on the Forums and in-game.

*Locked*

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: