• This topic is locked This topic is locked
903 replies to this topic

#61 Mordedura

Mordedura

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:31

72 Hours instead of 7 days for Prestige hits seems a bit more reasonable, and should still create the intended effect.

Also, the 5 level buffer idea mentioned by yuuzhan makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't be fair to bhers to have to pay double stam for buffs just because some nitwit bounties them for a simple clear...

#62 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:33

So, is this VL or actual level? Please make it clear what you mean since it's a big difference.

Yes actual level.

You'll kill PvP around "skill" levels with an update like that. I thought it was explained in the thread yesterday.

#63 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:35

Alot of the top 100 pvp ranks dont even pvp or deserve to be there.....and your going to reward them with a weekly prestige bonus?I say reset the pvp to 1000 and have a free for all.....Heck most of the top rated pvpers will want to protect their ratings..and theres barely anyone to hit most of them.... and even take some.....sigh :(

#64 dazriel

dazriel

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:37

All this pvp, bounties and whatnot for some extra xp seems pointless to me. The only way you would gain is by trading so ya wont get bountied, certainly now that inactives are out of the picture.
And adding the top 100 recieving a bonus will just fuel the trading. For me to get to the top 100 I would have to do alot of pvping against people that will most definatly bounty me, and I definatly wouldnt be able stay there for long. The gains just wouldnt be worth it. Your asking people to sacrifice xp to gain back a portion as a bonus. I dont see the point.

Now I dont pvp for prestige myself so this is just how it looks to me, maybe the bonus's outweigh the cost but I dont see how.

#65 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:38

reset the pvp to 1000 and have a free for all.....

Now THAT'S a good suggestion - if the top PvP'ers are to get rewarded, reset the playing field, and let everyone WORK for that reward :)

#66 fs_nimav

fs_nimav
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:39

reset the pvp to 1000 and have a free for all.....

Now THAT'S a good suggestion - if the top PvP'ers are to get rewarded, reset the playing field, and let everyone WORK for that reward :)

+1

#67 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Finally. The day I never see a "FREE RP" or "ATTACK US, WE WONT FIGHT BACK" ad, I will be happy. The whole point of GvG should be to win at all costs. I may even take an interest in it.

#68 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

- The Top 100 players on the PvP ladder will recieve a weekly bonus.

Have you given any thought to changing the pvp system to show who the real pvpers are? Most of the top 20 on the pvp ladder are there by buying/trading points, they dont go anywhere near pvp. And now they get rewarded for cheating the system???

#69 Mordedura

Mordedura

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Alot of the top 100 pvp ranks dont even pvp or deserve to be there.....and your going to reward them with a weekly prestige bonus?I say reset the pvp to 1000 and have a free for all.....Heck most of the top rated pvpers will want to protect their ratings..and theres barely anyone to hit most of them.... and even take some.....sigh :(

+1

The fact that I even show up on the top-ranked PvP list is ridiculous.

#70 fs_tlalocssr

fs_tlalocssr
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:41

Couple of things, I would like to see the 7 days lowered. Also like many have said most of the people on the pvp ladder don't even pvp they traded the pvp points to get there. Another problem is they are not in reach due to their levels to most of the pvpers. Only way I can see they real abuse of trading points being taken out of the game is to open up the range. Although as I type that I can already visualize several people calling foul on that.

I am looking forward to seeing what changes you all have in mind for gvg. We all really appreciate this opportunity for our voices being heard.

#71 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:42

- No prestige gain from inactive accounts.
- Prestige can only be gained from the same player once every 7 days.
- No prestige gain from PvP against your own guild members.
- PvP rating will no longer effect the amount of prestige gained per combat.

I need to take this in sections so it doesn't all run together.

StangValle VL 702 will only have 5 targets in his range and he won't be able to hit them but once every 7 days? I don't think this is a fix and I don't see any mention of prestige from the BB.

It looks like you are saying we will be able to hit our guildmates again.. but you are being kinda kinda vague, can you clarify?

We feel these changes should improve PvP and remove most if not all abuse of the PvP system.

Pvpers are a crafty bunch of devils, I don't think these things will stop some form of abuse.

Second on the Agenda is Guild Conflicts.

After a length discussion and a number of good ideas to improve the system. We have decided to change the current system drastically. More details of this will follow soon. We plan to rectify the issues with people trading RP points aswell as other abuses of the system as it currently stands.

I'd be interested in hearing this.

Additional changes.

It will now cost double stamina to activate skills if you no-longer meet the level required to learn the skill.

Skills above your VL should not be available at all. You are essentially encouraging more and more of this behavior. The people that are doing this do not care if the stam cost is doubled they will just use Buff Master and live with the slightly elevated stam costs so that they can work in a completely unbalanced way.

#72 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:44

+1

The fact that I even show up on the top-ranked PvP list is ridiculous.

Ditto - I'm about #120 on there n i've not done ANY for months ...

#73 fs_tlalocssr

fs_tlalocssr
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:45

Also one other thing is it possible for you all to consider giving perhaps a 20 level lead way on the double the skill cost thing. So say someone is level 300 but he gets deleveled to 280 he wouldn't get charged the double the cost, but if he got deleveld to 279 then he would. 20 is just a arbitrary number it could be adjusted, I just thought that might be a fair number.

#74 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:45

Skills above your VL should not be available at all. You are essentially encouraging more and more of this behavior. The people that are doing this do not care if the stam cost is doubled they will just use Buff Master and live with the slightly elevated stam costs so that they can work in a completely unbalanced way.

Don't start again... We had this discussion yesterday already...
The COWS read what we told and made a decision, POINT.

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#75 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:46

Have you given any thought to changing the pvp system to show who the real pvpers are? Most of the top 20 on the pvp ladder are there by buying/trading points, they dont go anywhere near pvp. And now they get rewarded for cheating the system???

This is all too true! Before rewarding players for doing something that is being abused the system's flaws must be fixed first. Point trading(PvP, GvG and Prestige) has no game-like characteristics to it. It's basically collusion in-game.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#76 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:47

Don't start again... We had this discussion yesterday already...
The COWS read what we told and made a decision, POINT.

No, they've made a suggestion as I see it, and we're giving our feedback.

#77 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:48

No, they've made a suggestion as I see it, and we're giving our feedback.

Enough was given in that thread yesterday to know what to think about it...
And it's not a suggestion they've made, it's details of what is coming :wink:

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#78 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:49

+1 Buffs should be tied to your VL. Losing levels doesn't give you any benefit as long as the VL isn't reset.

#79 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:49

solution to the problems with prestige: get rid of prestige

#80 fs_nimav

fs_nimav
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 18:50

no only this ,most of current top 100 are level 700+ and can not be attacked by many players, how about removing +- 5 levels to attack those who are in top 100 ? :twisted:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: