• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#61 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 22:16

about EOC supremacy in pvp, in the first and only seasons I was well over 1000 levels below eoc and made it easily to top ten. I won some lost some, won most fights against whole lotta bigger than me, had to play from mobile phone in the end and got lazy about changing gear so much, because lack of time, still finished it as 9th....or 8th or 7th, can´t remember anymore :)

have done boyntys too against more than 2-3x my lvl in past against fully buffed players and had them done anyway

Edited by Artzik, 11 September 2016 - 22:29.

#62 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 September 2016 - 22:48

Kind of uncalled for to call my old concept a 'disgrace'. I put an immense amount of thought into that concept.

It was also based around the idea that xp loss was going to be scrapped. (to be clear, the idea to scrap xp loss came before the 'Blood' concept was formed)

It's ridiculous this forum, it truly is. Leos is putting forward an idea for an implementation of a pvp global, to fit in with the rotation of the other global events. Some people though...  "We must have consequences!" (would kill the event) "We must have no opt-out!" (would kill the event) "I must have your first born child and all your base are belong to us!" (lol)

You must realise that an idea such as this would be the only viable way to 'do' a pvp global.

The simple fact of the matter is, there is a LOT more people that do not like pvp (the current attacker=win system that FS has anyway) than there is that do.

That's because some people HAVE to have control over punishing players they don't like. The ENTIRE rationale these people have for keeping the status quo is so they can pile on and punitively punish people they either don't like or simply because they get some sick enjoyment out of wailing on offline players who have no recourse to fight back aside from hitting back, which in turn, again, after offline and the buffs run out, will again get piled on by the same people who have the ability to be on 24 hours a day. THAT is why they hated seasons Because it took the control out of their hands, and didn't let them selectively bounty people. System posted bounties would do wonders for the game and PvP. I've said it before, and will say again, Seasons based PvP is something a lot of people who don't PvP would participate in based on that very reason.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#63 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:35

Flame Baiting Removed.

Edited by BigGrim, 16 September 2016 - 11:14.
Stop flame baiting please.

#64 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:37

That's because some people HAVE to have control over punishing players they don't like. The ENTIRE rationale these people have for keeping the status quo is so they can pile on and punitively punish people they either don't like or simply because they get some sick enjoyment out of wailing on offline players who have no recourse to fight back aside from hitting back, which in turn, again, after offline and the buffs run out, will again get piled on by the same people who have the ability to be on 24 hours a day. THAT is why they hated seasons Because it took the control out of their hands, and didn't let them selectively bounty people.

fact is pvpers and levelers voting against season, more player voting against season than for season, hoofmaster posting voting numbers in forum (ask hcs if not believing), there still some players trying lying and saying it was not more players against season, maybe they not wanting believing truth or they not knowing math, I not understanding why they keep saying lies about voting

I retiring years ago and then coming back

after I returning I sawing pvp was watering down very much and I was shocked players was talking about pvpers like they was terrorists, pvp was bad thing

later in forum I reading crazy stupid things and players inventing new words against pvp:

pvpers are bullys (if you hitting someone you bullying him)

gvp (I asking many players and it meanin: guild vs player, again bullying)

first P and second P in pvp (again bullying)

there was other stupid things, always pvp is bullying

it was crazy and stupid reading this things, after pvp getting watering down they wanting watering down more

in past pvp was very risky, you could losing all levels to level 1 from 1 bounty, leveling was very slow and hard, we was leveling with adept learner 175, later with doubler 150 and nobody saying pvp was bullying, pvp was pvp, you hitting and you getting hitting, if you not wanting hitting then you can posting bounty

when players saying I get hitting in pvp then hoofmaster would saying go hitting back

System posted bounties would do wonders for the game and PvP.

no that wrong and if you understanding bounties in season you would knowing it was worst thing, I and other players have posting many times in forum reason, posting here will making very long posting

I've said it before, and will say again, Seasons based PvP is something a lot of people who don't PvP would participate in based on that very reason.

that your opinion bro and my opinion is I disagreeing, it will affecting other gameing styles in bad way and was reason why many was against season

Edited by BigGrim, 16 September 2016 - 11:15.
Stop flame Baiting.

#65 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:07

about EOC supremacy in pvp, in the first and only seasons I was well over 1000 levels below eoc and made it easily to top ten. I won some lost some, won most fights against whole lotta bigger than me, had to play from mobile phone in the end and got lazy about changing gear so much, because lack of time, still finished it as 9th....or 8th or 7th, can´t remember anymore :)

I believing what you saying

I betting you using composing against eoc buffed players to winning, did you skip or losing to leos3000?

I asking this because leos3000 is eoc and knowing pvp and very important using crazy high composing having very high stats, higher than yours

have done boyntys too against more than 2-3x my lvl in past against fully buffed players and had them done anyway

I believing this too

because I doing bounties from eoc players too and I not losing 1 battle against them, they were 2x my level and full buffs but I easy beat them with crazy high composing, my stats was higher than them :)

grats artzik for high ranking smile.png

#66 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:47

*Highly rude personal attack*

You seem to have a selective memory with regards to the blood thread...

People's posts were getting removed because they were inflammatory, flame baiting or just plain rude. There were lots of posts that remained that disagreed with the proposal.

It just so happens, apparently, that some people cannot behave in a civil manner when they discuss pvp, instead believing that bullying tactics are fine to be used in the forum as well as the game.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#67 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:17

You seem to have a selective memory with regards to the blood thread...

People's posts were getting removed because they were inflammatory, flame baiting or just plain rude. There were lots of posts that remained that disagreed with the proposal.

Entirely correct.

Flame bait posts removed.

#68 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:28

I believing what you saying

I betting you using composing against eoc buffed players to winning, did you skip or losing to leos3000?

I asking this because leos3000 is eoc and knowing pvp and very important using crazy high composing having very high stats, higher than yours

I believing this too

because I doing bounties from eoc players too and I not losing 1 battle against them, they were 2x my level and full buffs but I easy beat them with crazy high composing, my stats was higher than them :)

grats artzik for high ranking smile.png

I know you and your friends hate composing for some reason...but just an FYI before you go assuming how I play... I did not use composing pots to win Seasons. I may have had 1 or 2 composing buffs, but they were not the reason I won.

#69 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:57

I used composing for the relic war, however as I said I did not in seasons. I used the chests we won from seasons and other global pots as they are better than composing pots.

#70 Cat Girl IRL

Cat Girl IRL

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 15:57

It would take 12,5 hours approx if you hit everytime you could to get the crystall tier. In other words you would have to spend almost 2 hours daily every day for the week to get to the crystall personal tier. I think the 5 minute time line isn't that great, 2 minutes would  be much more reasonable. Also, if the placing will be amounts of wins its pretty much like all globals, I can get behind that, but then it would not be pvp event like before, like this, it would not mean anything to defend an attack so it would be a farming fest instead of people attacking and defending for rating. Any new content is fine by me really, but I really miss the pvp-part of the event.

#71 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 00:02

It would take 12,5 hours approx if you hit everytime you could to get the crystall tier. In other words you would have to spend almost 2 hours daily every day for the week to get to the crystall personal tier. I think the 5 minute time line isn't that great, 2 minutes would  be much more reasonable. Also, if the placing will be amounts of wins its pretty much like all globals, I can get behind that, but then it would not be pvp event like before, like this, it would not mean anything to defend an attack so it would be a farming fest instead of people attacking and defending for rating. Any new content is fine by me really, but I really miss the pvp-part of the event.

I had given thought to doing pvp rating instead of the single +/- 1 point per attack, but that system allows people to unfairly move up or down too quickly for an event like this. also puts even more emphasis on only participating the last day since its easier to make a big move quickly.

#72 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 00:32

Would be cool to bring PvP season back so I can get a chance to get that medal that seemingly was taking out of medal achievements and I can no longer obtain

#73 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 16:34

Bump to make PvP great again

#74 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 November 2016 - 20:43

No! Seasons was flawed from the beginning.

Let's just put PvP back to where it was in 2007! No ladder, no seasons, just GvG, the arena, and ganking gold! Make it worth the levels you're gonna lose!

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#75 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 22:06

The cost of PvP protection will have to be dropped because of all that ganking of gold, its hard enough to keep it in place now.  If a lot of my gold is taken, it stands a chance of removing my ability to have that protection.

#76 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2016 - 23:53

I do like the idea of the PvP Global Event but I agree with Leos in that it would absolutely have to have an opt-in or it just wouldn't work well. I think for this we would just need to announce the event in good time (say a weeks notice?) to give everyone the opportunity to opt-in who wanted to take part.

I'll have a think over the details, but the focus should be on what would encourage the most players to want to take part in it.

#77 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 00:09

I'll have a think over the details, but the focus should be on what would encourage the most players to want to take part in it.

I think it would have to be a really well-thought out explanation of how the thing will work, what will be involved and, unfortunately, what "prizes" will be involved.

I fear most of the game population will see "PvP" and simply opt out unless they can be convinced a priori to take the risk.

I do like to see you thinking though Hoof. Kudos to that!

#78 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:21

*Blah*

If it was 1 relic vs 1 relic it would be different. if it was even ground you wouldn't of made any progress. Idk what's being argued but that's that.

#79 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:35

oDocI1480563538_zpss99r4nco.jpg   

Edited by duktayp, 01 December 2016 - 03:57.

#80 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:39

I do like the idea of the PvP Global Event but I agree with Leos in that it would absolutely have to have an opt-in or it just wouldn't work well. I think for this we would just need to announce the event in good time (say a weeks notice?) to give everyone the opportunity to opt-in who wanted to take part.

Why not have a beta to iron out all the kinks before introducing it as a global. That way it can be done right this time around. I'm not trying to put it down.. I appreciate the time that was put into it, and overall it was a great idea.. But it just had too many flaws.. If a beta was used in the first place, i think it could been a successful addition to the game. 

I enjoyed it for the most part but to do so i had to sink nearly 1k fsp in stamina and epic chests just to compete with the players 2000 levels above me. 

So, think it over.. Release it on a beta server.. And let us help you make seasons global work for everyone :)

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: