84 replies to this topic

#61 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:08

7748.gif This one does!

Though I get your point, nearly all of the newer epics look 'MEH' compared to the old ones.

You only need to look at the choker of time to see what I'm talking about...

Yeah I know. I think HCS's art department needs a company outing or team bonding or maybe a salary increase across the board. Their browser history also needs to be checked if they've been spending a majority of their time snooping around despair.com.

underachievementpenguindemotivator.jpeg?

#62 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:07

Can we stop insulting the art please? People actually work on this remember.

#63 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 21:33

The E-challenge:

I currently have 140k kills (having focused on getting ZBs and then going after Emaciated).

I "tongue-in-cheek" bet that nobody can best me in the top 100. Obviously not making a "bet" beyond pride that would be against HCS rules.

Further, I "tongue-in-cheek" bet that the community is too "lazy" to get the Gold Tier, thus besting the prior Silver Tier. 

Well, no matter how it ends up... prosperous smacking! (o0

#64 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 23:18

I am trying to figure out the Titans. the last Statue of Gurgriss Wrath Titan was killed 7 hours ago. The Glob an hour after that. Now the new The Glob Titan is out already, but no Statue. I dont even know what happened to Tommy Aches. Just how do these things spawn? Wondering?

#65 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2016 - 23:20

I am trying to figure out the Titans. the last Statue of Gurgriss Wrath Titan was killed 7 hours ago. The Glob an hour after that. Now the new The Glob Titan is out already, but no Statue. I dont even know what happened to Tommy Aches. Just how do these things spawn? Wondering?

randomly is the answer, randomly

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#66 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:02

Animation needs to be amped up on some of the epics to distinguish them. :)

#67 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:28

randomly is the answer, randomly

yes it must be very random LOL

Because I went back and looked at The Archives. And it's been over 14 hours since the last Tommy. But looking at The Archives there's been quite a few Statues today along with The Glob. Another Glob just got released again 😏

#68 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:59

Loving the new titan and the fact that our tiny lil guild has already got 1 secured and just 223 TKP short of a 2nd.

Wish the artwork was more in line with the earlier epics, but hey, I'm still happy with +7 / +6 :D

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#69 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2016 - 17:03

Hi there everyone

Congrats to the Fallen Sword community for unlocking the Crystal Tier in the Global Event! Once again the community worked together as a team to achieve this!

If you qualified during the event, your reward is now awaiting collection in your character mailbox :)

We hope you all enjoyed the event!

Note: You can see the 'Top 100 Global Quest Contributors' for this event by clicking here.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#70 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 17:05

Nice job FS... made crystal, meaning you beat both E-challenges including knocking me out of the top 100. 

Doh! 

Thanks for the GE HCS. 

#71 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 17:12

Not too terrible. Nice job everyone. Without that content announced maybe we make ruby? Who knows? :P

Either way it's all good. Thanks for the event. :)

#72 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,865 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2016 - 17:15

With a total of 47,164,677 content will not have impacted this.

#73 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 19:24

If you wanna consider all the stamina used on content woulda been used on GE instead then yes. 2.8m kills is only 500k stam with ideal potions.

#74 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 19:38

I know that people look forward to new content and I wonder how many rushed through it already, it any at all.

I wonder why all the hurry to reach the top of EOC every time new  content comes out. A little anticipation and restraint  can make somethings even better. lol

#75 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2016 - 22:14

Can you consider upping the minimum individual kills required for each tier? I think making it higher would drastically help the community reach higher kill counts during GEs. For this event in particular 9k is pretty low and would require a lot of players participating. Increasing the required kills to a manageable amount would definitely help.

Assuming everyone has +50 stam/hr that should be at least 6,000 stamina over 5 days. I think GEs should at least require that much stamina in kills from everyone who wants to qualify for Ruby. I know youve participated in many GE before so you know how much kills stamina can translate to. By just burning 5k stamina on my first run I got over 15k kills with only composing potions, so I dont see any issues increasing the minimum beyond 9k kills. If I had killed the 5 kill ones instead of the 2 kill ones that would have over 30k kills with about 5k stamina. You should keep that in mind when considering the individual amounts to qualify!

Edited by Achub, 04 November 2016 - 22:23.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#76 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 23:16

I wonder why all the hurry to reach the top of EOC every time new  content comes out. A little anticipation and restraint  can make somethings even better. lol

Introducing a new LE at EOC at the same time does create some incentive to rush to EOC during the 2 days that LE will be available to hunt

#77 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 23:23

Can you consider upping the minimum individual kills required for each tier? I think making it higher would drastically help the community reach higher kill counts during GEs. For this event in particular 9k is pretty low and would require a lot of players participating. Increasing the required kills to a manageable amount would definitely help.

I strongly endorse this.

We had much higher individual targets for this event a few years back---I think they were about 25k for top tier. If one looks over the forums for that time one will find that the individual tiers initially got a lot of criticism for being unrealistically high for non-upgraded characters. However, by the end of the event, once people had realised that you can invent things like AM250 very easily during the event and one could focus on emaciated fellow, the forums were praising those targets as very well set: challenging but achievable on 65 stam per hour for 5 days.

#78 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 19:11

Can you consider upping the minimum individual kills required for each tier?

People constantly request this. I'm against it 150%.

How would this be something for the Community? 

Forcing people to do a higher min, hardly seems like Community spirit to me. 

Also, please do not forget about lower levels with less stam that want to participate and try to get the "best prize".

#79 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 19:14

HCS! 

I didn't want to pm BG, cuz I'm not too sure... But I think all the mobs in this announcement need to be despawned?

Revs, Emaciated and I assume the ones that need Reveal pots to see are still running around. 

#80 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 22:09

Also, please do not forget about lower levels with less stam that want to participate and try to get the "best prize".

Egami, I don't know whether by "best prize" you mean ruby tier, or top 100. I think these are two very different questions. I am guessing you meant the former, but I'll comment on both (just because I can't stop talking ;) )

Ruby tier: I think the personal ruby target *must* be achieveable by a low level, non-upgraded character --- 75 stam per  hour (i.e. do the epic quests) for 60 hours (life of the GQ) is 9k stam; join a guild and that rises to just under 11k stam. The discussion I referred to in post #77 (forums back in 2013) came to realise by experiment that completing the OS quests, making some blood ketchup, and then completing 25 k kills took only about 8k stamina. So there is considerable scope for upping the personal ruby target from 9k kills for this event without making it inaccessible to "lower levels with less stam"---they are *not* being forgotten

You might like to consider turning your community question around: what level of effort does it take to show community spirit? I'd suggest that a significant fraction of 5 days un-upgraded stam is not a bad measure.

Top 100: the question of where personal targets sit between 9k and 25k really doesn't have any impact on who can acquire 200k kills to get into the top 100 (needed this time around). Top 100 is always going to need some degree of upgraded character---and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Edited by rowbeth, 06 November 2016 - 22:14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: